daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 8th, 2017, 11:20 PM   #6441
tfd543

Likes (Received): 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by celevac View Post
I was REALLY SURPRISED today to see A4 between Lancova vas and Draženci already fully opened to traffic with 130 km/h towards Maribor! One month earlier than planned! Podlehnik-Lancova vas is also almost finished, just some noise barriers missing, but should be ready in 1-2 weeks !! Driving south towards Croatia, Draženci-Podlehnik was also in a very advanced state. It should be a matter of days, really. Traffic is already flowing on each respective side, one lane only. It was a pleasure to drive on the finished motorway section today!

Podlehnik-Gruškovje: traffic going on the western part of the motorway now, the eastern lanes (towards Maribor) are being constructed. Only near the border around the tunnel the works are not really advanced yet. Perhaps they will finish all the way to Zakl exit already before the 2018 tourist season?
The Slovenes are taking it seriously . Any pics mate ?
tfd543 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 8th, 2017, 11:36 PM   #6442
keber

Likes (Received): 1365

Contractor has a plan to open whole motorway up to border before 2018 tourist season (about 6 month ahead of schedule). If the winter won't be very cold or snowy or there won't be any other surprises then they might succeed.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2017, 11:48 PM   #6443
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Today I drove on some roads around Goriška region. Some signs pointing to H4 are blue (correct, new), while other are green (obsolete). I didn't drive on H4 itself, as it would have required the vignette.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2017, 02:41 AM   #6444
chris-dmf

Likes (Received): 115

Highway A4 Draženci – Gruškovje

Hopefully the DARS will soon install new webcams at the new exits on the A4
chris-dmf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2017, 01:29 PM   #6445
celevac

Likes (Received): 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfd543 View Post
The Slovenes are taking it seriously . Any pics mate ?
Sorry, not this time. I was driving myself and was in a hurry. Might be driving there again soon, will try to film the drive.

Karaya liked this post
celevac no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2017, 05:11 AM   #6446
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4752

https://www.vecer.com/avtocestni-odsek-do-podlehnika-koncan-odprt-bo-novembra-6326686

Luki_SL, SRC_100, Shenkey, ChrisZwolle liked this post
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2017, 12:12 AM   #6447
Verso
Islander

Interchange Šmarje-Sap on A2 SE of Ljubljana is now fully open.

http://www.rtvslo.si/lokalne-novice/...o-odprt/435032
Old October 14th, 2017, 09:34 PM   #6448
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

From now on the vehicles can move to the shoulder lane too in the case of a traffic jam to form the emergency lane in the middle. (Until now they had to move to the far left/right but not crossing the shoulder line)

http://www.rtvslo.si/slovenija/v-primeru-nesrece-lahko-vozniki-zapeljejo-na-odstavni-pas-avtoceste/435188
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2017, 12:04 AM   #6449
celevac

Today I filmed the A4 Draženci - Gruškovje for you (video is in 2x speed) so you can see how far the works have progressed. The video shows the direction towards south (border). On the other side, as I've mentioned last weekend, Lancova vas - Draženci is already opened for traffic with 130km/h limit. Enjoy.

Ices77, hofburg, Verso, MichiH, Karaya and 4 others liked this post
celevac no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2017, 12:22 AM   #6450
tfd543

Likes (Received): 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by celevac View Post
Today I filmed the A4 Draženci - Gruškovje for you (video is in 2x speed) so you can see how far the works have progressed. The video shows the direction towards south (border). On the other side, as I've mentioned last weekend, Lancova vas - Draženci is already opened for traffic with 130km/h limit. Enjoy.

MMP Gruskovje ? Why not just a border crossing symbol instead.
tfd543 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2017, 09:57 AM   #6451
celevac

Quote:
Yes, very strange. Another thing I did not like was that it says: next gas station 14 km (from the Podlehnik station under construction). There is no gas station until Sveti Križ Začretje, the place in 14 km is probably the parking lot between Macelj and Đurmanec.
Old October 15th, 2017, 12:53 PM   #6452
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3448

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofburg View Post
From now on the vehicles can move to the shoulder lane too in the case of a traffic jam to form the emergency lane in the middle. (Until now they had to move to the far left/right but not crossing the shoulder line)

http://www.rtvslo.si/slovenija/v-pri...toceste/435188
i really don't like that rule. imo it is better to form emergency lane in the middle between 2 lanes, and to leave shoulder lane free. somehow comes much more natural not to touch shoulder in any case.
Old October 15th, 2017, 01:00 PM   #6453
keber

It is difficult to do on just 2 lanes + shoulder, there is not enough width.
Old October 15th, 2017, 04:27 PM   #6454
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3448

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
It is difficult to do on just 2 lanes + shoulder, there is not enough width.
3,75+3,75=7,50. truck is 2,50 wide, car is 2,00 wide. so 3 metres are left. thus, at the left side cars can steal additional 0,50. more than enough not only for any emergency vehicles, but also for proper semitrailers.
Old October 15th, 2017, 05:56 PM   #6455
kreden

Likes (Received): 589

Quote:
That sign has been there since they finished the previous A4 section. It doesn't look right to me, I don't think border crossings are signed as destinations anywhere else on the motorway network.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
3,75+3,75=7,50. truck is 2,50 wide, car is 2,00 wide. so 3 metres are left. thus, at the left side cars can steal additional 0,50. more than enough not only for any emergency vehicles, but also for proper semitrailers.
In theory. In practice, it was very tight unless trucks in the right lane were partially on the shoulder.
kreden no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2017, 10:59 PM   #6456
keber

Larger cars have already 2,20 m between mirror edges or even more. Firemen trucks are also proper trucks with 2,50 m width. And you need at least half a meter on every side for manoeuvring. There are enough videos on internet that show you what happens in practice, an example:

When rescuing, not minutes, but seconds are important.
Old October 16th, 2017, 01:56 AM   #6457
Verso
Islander

I would use the hard shoulder only if an emergency vehicle were actually coming, not otherwise.

x-type liked this post
Old October 16th, 2017, 03:08 PM   #6458
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

When they are coming is usually already too late to move. How can a truck move to the right when all the vehicles are already stopped and stacked together?

StipeS liked this post
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2017, 08:16 PM   #6459
andy276

Likes (Received): 310

I do see this as the main problem with this rule. If the traffic is still moving at least intermittently, it would be weird and possibly illegal to use the hard shoulder (would you move onto and off the hard shoulder every few seconds?), but when the traffic does come to a complete halt it may be too late to move there.
andy276 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2017, 10:21 PM   #6460
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

I understand that you can use the hard shoulder when necessary, not have to. So it should not be a problem at all. It's more adjusting law to the reality
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways