daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 13th, 2008, 01:01 AM   #801
mojaBL
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4

i like Slovenian pay tolls better.
mojaBL no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 13th, 2008, 01:10 AM   #802
radi6404

Likes (Received): 27

The markings in slovenia are way better and the asphalt, softer and evener and smoother and the crashbarriers are shiny and round and bridges have white concrete in the middle which looks awesome and so on. The biggest eyesore were the crashbarriers because they make the motorway look really cheap, sorry but that is saving money at the wrong thing.
Old May 13th, 2008, 01:15 AM   #803
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4752

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
we don't have salad at direction signs, while you can find it in SLO.
Salad? You mean mess?

Quote:
also, that mess with road numbers at Ljubljana ring is not possible to find in Croatia.
You mean like A2, A3 and A4 between Zaprešić and Popovec (Zagreb bypass)? When Zagreb gets a full motorway ring (whenever that will happen), do you think it will be numbered the same? I don't think so.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2008, 01:32 AM   #804
radi6404

Quote:
they were eyesore (whatever that means ) because A3 is extremely boring motorway. i claim that signalization is absolutely at the same level in both countries, SLO & HR. i'd say that in HR it is more logical (beside blue motorway sign ), for instance, we don't have salad at direction signs, while you can find it in SLO. SLO has much better dynamic signalization, i must say that's my largest envy for slovenian motorways (although i think our dynamic signs are more dense, but i cannot claim for sure). also, that mess with road numbers at Ljubljana ring is not possible to find in Croatia. we don't have totso's at all, so all numbers are really usefull and nice solved. oh yes, our toll stations are mostly better. there are only few in Slovenia that look nice to me (Kompolje, those at Ljubljana - Zagreb motorway and no more actually). at all, i'd say that we have really similar motorways.
some things may be the same but the asphalt in Slovenia is smoother and evener, and the crashbarriers are round which makes the motorways look like the Struma motorway and they have white concrete in the middle when a bridge overpasses the motorway
Old May 13th, 2008, 01:43 AM   #805
mojaBL
BANNED

Around crash-barriers are old Yugo style.
Old May 13th, 2008, 05:07 PM   #806
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Salad? You mean mess?
salad is smoother word for mess i meant some villages at motorway signs or places distribuited at signs without order. there was word about that, i remember photo from new A2 section near NM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
You mean like A2, A3 and A4 between Zaprešić and Popovec (Zagreb bypass)? When Zagreb gets a full motorway ring (whenever that will happen), do you think it will be numbered the same? I don't think so.
no. i meant interruption of number. for instance, you cannot come from Novo mesto to Kranj using only A2. it is interrupted at Ljubljana ring, what is confusing. if Zagreb gets full ring, northern part will get name A14 or A15 or something like that.

i forgot major difference - electronic tolling. slovenian ABC works fantastic, while croatian ENC is the worst electronic tolling system in the world.

Last edited by x-type; May 13th, 2008 at 05:25 PM.
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2008, 05:23 PM   #807
Verso
Islander

Quote:
salad is smoother word for mess i meant some villages at motorway signs or places distribuited at signs without border. there was word about that, i remember photo from new A2 section near NM.
Yeah, and sometimes forgetting major destinations, like Venice on H4 or Ljubljana on A5.

Quote:
no. i meant interruption of number. for instance, you cannot come from Novo mesto to Kranj using only A2. it is interrupted at Ljubljana ring, what is confusing.
Yes, the southern Ljubljana bypass should (beside A1) be A2 also officially, not just de facto.
Old May 14th, 2008, 04:18 PM   #808
Norsko
Urban Citizen

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi6404 View Post
Yes, there is this one crappy section but it´s not long, I like the Slovenian markings alot aswell, they don´t fade out at all. The pay stations look also cool and the lit arrow signs in Lubliana are amazing, the white concrete in the middle of the motorway under bridges looks apsolutely great, too, the crashbarriers are shiny and round, not crappy angular, the signs are also very good, but what I didn´t like was that the very new section with the bridges and tunnel is not as smooth and even as the old motorway parts Lubliana Austria and Lubliana - Croatian border. After the croatian border however x-type a new world began, the motorways had good asphalt, but that was all, they were an eyesore.
Any picks of this lit arrow signs? I must have missed them
Old May 14th, 2008, 05:55 PM   #809
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norsko View Post
Any picks of this lit arrow signs? I must have missed them
he meant light signs for open/closed tracks at toll booths. not a big deal, it's spread worldwide
Old May 14th, 2008, 06:13 PM   #810
radi6404

Quote:
he meant light signs for open/closed tracks at toll booths. not a big deal, it's spread worldwide
No, I meant the lit direction signs in Lubliana which show that you have to go on the right side and so on.

I mean such signs as at the beautiful end of the Struma motorway, but in Lubljana they are lit.
Old May 14th, 2008, 06:26 PM   #811
x-type
con los terroristas

aha, you mean inside the city. yes, i have seen them in Slovenia quite much, but also in other countries
Old May 15th, 2008, 12:01 AM   #812
Verso
Islander

We've had those like forever, probably since 70s. There were also (from times of Yugoslavia) destination signs lit from the inside, and are still in use at some places, like by exit from the Ljubljana ringroad towards Villach, but turned out ugly, at least for me.
Old May 15th, 2008, 12:17 AM   #813
radi6404

You are really strange and want to be too cool man, the good things other people praise of your country or of you are bad for you, why is that, I havn´t seen such lit signs in any other country than Slovenia man, the colorsheme is also amazing of them, If the Struma motorway had such at the end it owuld look even better, or if the direction signs of sofia and Blaogevgrad where such I would like it.
Old May 15th, 2008, 12:27 AM   #814
Verso
Islander

No, the signs you were talking about, are nice, but those direction signs aren't, they somehow look like they are gonna burst. But now I remembered there are also some in Golovec tunnel (LJ ring) and they are nice, must be newer design. You probably meant those like this one on the left (this is by Maribor though and of course isn't lit, b/c it's daylight):

Old May 15th, 2008, 01:12 AM   #815
radi6404

Yes, exactly those signs are beautiful and look way better than the ordinary red white signs used everywhere, especially at night, if I ever have a house I will steal one and put it infront of my parking to show where the parking entrance is.
Old May 15th, 2008, 02:27 AM   #816
snupix

Likes (Received): 36

Now when Slovenian police read this... I guess they'll send you one as a gift...
snupix no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2008, 12:38 PM   #817
keber

Likes (Received): 1365

Now something for Croatians: construction of A4 from Maribor past Ptuj is rapidly advancing, considering that it started just half a year ago. At this pace of construction I think opening that section could happen before next tourist season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokolesnik View Post

keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2008, 02:22 PM   #818
mojaBL
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi6404 View Post
You are really strange and want to be too cool man, the good things other people praise of your country or of you are bad for you, why is that, I havn´t seen such lit signs in any other country than Slovenia man, the colorsheme is also amazing of them, If the Struma motorway had such at the end it owuld look even better, or if the direction signs of sofia and Blaogevgrad where such I would like it.
Not only in Slovenia in all ex-Yu.
Old May 15th, 2008, 03:01 PM   #819
Verso
Islander

^ Between Bulgaria and Austria, of all ex-YU cities, you only have to drive through Ljubljana.
Old May 15th, 2008, 05:16 PM   #820
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
Now something for Croatians: construction of A4 from Maribor past Ptuj is rapidly advancing, considering that it started just half a year ago. At this pace of construction I think opening that section could happen before next tourist season.
too late. even for section Obrežje - Šentilj vignettes will be too expensive for most of people who travel there (and those are traveling 2-3 timaes per year n that route).

about lit signs - i remember those old direction signs, Zagreb had them a lot and i even think i have seen them turned on
and those dividing signs are also from past times, i remember them in Maribor in early 90es. we have them too. i know that i've seen them at Horvaćanska street in Zagreb

Tags
highways, motorways