daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 13th, 2008, 08:42 AM   #901
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyqtor View Post
Because they can make a lot of money from all this transit due to Croatia being in the Euro2008. Btw, they have just qualified for the knockout too.
True, but vignettes are not in place yet. They will be introduced with 1st July 2008.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 13th, 2008, 04:38 PM   #902
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

^ They could already be on the 1st June, b/c the yearly 2009 sticker will be valid from the 1st December 2008 to the 31st January 2010.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2008, 02:09 AM   #903
Verso
Islander

For those not willing to buy a vignette between Graz and Zagreb; it's in Czech. Bonus - ancient signs in Maribor.
Old June 18th, 2008, 03:15 AM   #904
Mateusz

Likes (Received): 235

How is going on with Maribor Bypass ?
Mateusz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2008, 10:59 AM   #905
muravidék

Likes (Received): 0

it will be finished in march 2009
muravidék no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2008, 01:17 AM   #906
Verso
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coen Tunnel
http://www.wegenforum.nl/viewtopic.p...sd=a&start=180

I can't believe to see a train here; it runs once a year or sth.

Btw, I've forgotten to say that look of vignettes had slightly changed, now they include sign for motorway:

http://www.cestnina.si/?id=19766&lang=1
Old June 20th, 2008, 01:40 AM   #907
snupix

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
I can't believe to see a train here; it runs once a year or sth.
And a Croatian one...
snupix no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2008, 02:36 AM   #908
Verso
Islander

True, true. Lendava is the only station in Slovenia there, so trains (except theoretically) can't even move without going to Croatia. Btw, nice smily, snupix.
Old June 20th, 2008, 09:56 PM   #909
PLH

Likes (Received): 2823

Refering to the vignettes - is there any section between Trieste and Portorož I need vignette for?
PLH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2008, 01:05 AM   #910
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

also about the vignettes - are they obligatory at sections between border crossing at first exit? so if i'm travelling from Graz to Zagreb and don't want to buy vignette, do i have to exit at Spielfeld (A9 - A) or i can exit at Šentilj (A1 - SLO)?
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2008, 01:21 AM   #911
Verso
Islander

It's gonna be compulsory already immediately after the border, but in this particular case of Šentilj it's hard to say, b/c exit is actually in the (former) border-crossing area, before a real motorway starts, but that's only for the first exit, which, as you can see on that Czech website, doesn't have any destination. An empty yellow sign leads you off the motorway (whether it's legally already motorway or not), as well as a rest area. But to be sure, you can use the last exit in Austria (Spielfeld or whatever it's called).

As for Trieste - Portorož: according to the map below, you'll only need it between Italian border and interchange H5-A1. For the Izola bypass you definitely won't need it, b/c it's not in the authority of Dars. For the H5 between the interchange H5-A1 and Koper, you won't need it according to the map (I don't know why exactly, maybe it's not in the authority of Dars either). But you can also use that border crossing on the H5, b/c it's legally not expressway immediately, but of course you have to get off it immediately.

I'm not sure about the Karavanke Tunnel, whether you'll need a vignette for it or not (as you already pay extra for the tunnel), the map says you'll need it, but that's stupid and the map is amateur anyway.

Last edited by Verso; June 21st, 2008 at 01:27 AM.
Old June 21st, 2008, 01:29 AM   #912
x-type
con los terroristas

so this is how willl it look like. i think it's gonan be unique system in the world currently. how about Bregana/Obrežje - can we exit at exit Obrežje (with service area Mokrice) wothout a vignette? how about Sežana - Fernetiči?
Old June 21st, 2008, 01:37 AM   #913
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

What about cars with caravans and mobile homes?
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2008, 01:46 AM   #914
Verso
Islander

Fernetiči/Fernetti (Ljubljana - Trieste / Trieste - Ljubljana) is legally not motorway, also b/c it's not motorway on the Italian side immediately, so you can cross it for sure. Obrežje/Bregana (Ljubljana - Zagreb / Zagreb - Ljubljana) is interesting. It already/still looks like a motorway to me in both directions, especially direction Croatia (and the border with Croatia is the last one to experiment, as there's control on it, so maybe they'll force you to buy a vignette!), but this would then be really bad for non-EU-citizens and non-Croats, b/c the two nearby border crossings are reserved just for EU- and Croatian citizens.

Oh, I forgot to add that most probably you can't use the entrance ramp Šentilj for direction Austria, b/c it's not in the border-crossing area, but already a kilometer or so sooner. And you can use the border crossing between Koper and Trieste (on H5) in both directions.

Cars with caravans and mobile homes will probably need vignette (they clearly aren't trucks or buses, but do they weigh more than 3.5 tons?).
Old June 21st, 2008, 03:43 AM   #915
Verso
Islander

Quote:
Obrežje/Bregana (Ljubljana - Zagreb / Zagreb - Ljubljana) is interesting. It already/still looks like a motorway to me in both directions, especially direction Croatia (and the border with Croatia is the last one to experiment, as there's control on it, so maybe they'll force you to buy a vignette!), but this would then be really bad for non-EU-citizens and non-Croats, b/c the two nearby border crossings are reserved just for EU- and Croatian citizens.
So, the nearest international ordinary-road border crossing between Slovenia and Croatia in the direction of the Adriatic Sea is Metlika / Jurovski Brod between Novo mesto and Karlovac. And in the direction of Hungary it's Bistrica ob Sotli (Bistrica-on-the-Sotla) / Razvor between.. err.. Bistrica ob Sotli and Kumrovec, you know, where Josip Broz Tito was born.

Last edited by Verso; June 21st, 2008 at 02:52 PM.
Old June 21st, 2008, 10:07 AM   #916
PLH

Likes (Received): 2823

Quote:
As for Trieste - Portorož
Thanks

EDIT: Forget it, I'm buying the vignette

Last edited by PLH; June 21st, 2008 at 10:51 AM.
PLH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2008, 01:17 PM   #917
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Every section, which requires vignette will be clearly signed. As in Austria.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2008, 02:45 PM   #918
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
So, the nearest international ordinary-road border crossing between Slovenia and Croatia in the direction of the Adriatic Sea is Metlika / Jurovski Brod between Novo mesto and Karlovac. And in the direction of Hungary it's Bistrica ob Sotli (Bistrica-on-the-Sotla) / Razvor between.. err.. Bistrica ob Sotli and Kumrovec.
there is "mala Bregana" border crossing (officialy i think it is called Harmica, at slovenian side i don't know.
Old June 21st, 2008, 03:08 PM   #919
Verso
Islander

^ You're talking about two different border crossings. One is Harmica/Rigonce (direction Hungary), the other one is Bregana Naselje (Bregana Hamlet ) / Slovenska vas (Slovenian Village ) (direction Adriatic Sea). But they are both reserved for EU- and Croatian citizens. Perhaps also citizens of EFTA (CH, FL, N, IS). But not for Bosnians, for example.

Last edited by Verso; June 21st, 2008 at 04:21 PM.
Old June 21st, 2008, 03:13 PM   #920
x-type
con los terroristas

i thought that it was the same border crossing. and i thought that they are only for HR/SLO citizens, but was not sure

Tags
highways, motorways