daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 8th, 2008, 09:22 PM   #1141
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Today motorway authority Dars and minister for traffic are offering to resign because of Šentvid tunnel faults. Tunnel is currently closed and all fireproof coating, made by english company is being completely removed. Tunnel will be closed at least until 20th August.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 8th, 2008, 09:49 PM   #1142
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19411

An acquaintance of me told me he drove through Slovenia twice last month without having a vignette or getting fined. Was he lucky or are there few checks?
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2008, 09:55 PM   #1143
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriszwolle View Post
An acquaintance of me told me he drove through Slovenia twice last month without having a vignette or getting fined. Was he lucky or are there few checks?
luck. my friend took an old road through Maribor and took last entrance at motorway before Šentilj border crossing where they've been waiting for him
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2008, 10:15 PM   #1144
keber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriszwolle View Post
There are many checks, especially at weekends, when they fine few hundred cars. However personaly I did not encountered even one up to now.
Old August 8th, 2008, 11:28 PM   #1145
Tauernautobahn

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
Today motorway authority Dars and minister for traffic are offering to resign because of Šentvid tunnel faults. Tunnel is currently closed and all fireproof coating, made by english company is being completely removed. Tunnel will be closed at least until 20th August.

I was looking forward so much drivin gthrough it on Aug 17th and now it's closed AGAIN.
Tauernautobahn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2008, 01:11 AM   #1146
muravidék

Likes (Received): 0

I can imagine, we are all pissed off because of that, too, if that is any comfort
I can guarantee you it will be fixed till elections at sept22
muravidék no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2008, 08:17 AM   #1147
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by muravidék View Post
till elections at sept22

maybe it's all sabotage
Old August 15th, 2008, 04:13 PM   #1148
muravidék

Likes (Received): 0

A5 (Maribor-Hungary): Beltinci-Lendava section (17km), and H7 (from A5 to border crossing SI/HU Dolga vas-Rédics) 3km were opened yesterday.

A5 Lendava-Pince 14km (border cross.) Tornyiszentmiklós will be put into operation on tuesday next week, with a big ceremony and opening by the prime ministers of the two countries
muravidék no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2008, 07:44 PM   #1149
keber

Construction progress at last part of A2 motorway between Ljubljana and Zagreb at Trebnje (scroll page to the right to see more).
On that hill 3,3 mil. m3 of rock will be excavated (that section is 7,6 km long), mostly will be built back into embankments.
400 m long tunnel is already dug through.

More pictures in Slovenian subforum:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=2205

Last edited by keber; August 20th, 2008 at 07:50 PM.
Old August 20th, 2008, 09:07 PM   #1150
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

Not really motorway related, but I have a question: what is the best place in Slovenia to make hikes in the Alps? I found sth about Logarska Dolina, but is that a nice place to walk in the mountains? (sorry for going offtopic)
Old August 21st, 2008, 07:36 PM   #1151
keber

It depends of your experience and wishes. More flat trails or maybe some climbing? Big or small altitude differences? Hiking for two hours in a single day or eight hours a day for three days?

The best place for mountain hiking is in Julian Alps (Julijske Alpe), where there is greatest diversity of different trails and in my opinion by far the most beautiful nature in Slovenia.
Old August 22nd, 2008, 01:23 AM   #1152
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

I'm just looking for trails like you can find in Switzerland, Austria, Italy, etc. Just for day trips. Are the Julian Alps still the best for that? Thanks, btw
Old August 24th, 2008, 03:46 PM   #1153
Tauernautobahn

Likes (Received): 2

Any news from the Sentvid tunnel?
Tauernautobahn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2008, 02:30 PM   #1154
keber

No, tunnel is currently closed for traffic, although all repair works have been done. Ministry of traffic is waiting for expertise elaborate, to define, if the tunnel is safe for operation despite lack of antifire coating on 25 year old cut-and-cover, which is part of the new tunnel and runs under important railway line and school gym.

There is much too much politics involved into this, parliamentary elections are just 4 weeks away and this tunnel is an important object of debate for politicians (cost and time overruns, corruption, tycoons etc). People however don't care about that, they just want tunnel to be reopened, with antifire coating or not (this coating is not obligatory with EU regulations until 2014).

Date of opening is currently not known. It can open the next minute, when minister gives approval.
Old August 25th, 2008, 05:26 PM   #1155
x-type
con los terroristas

how large are additional costs?
Old August 25th, 2008, 09:51 PM   #1156
keber

Any cost of current repairs are covered by construction company (SCT). Those costs are pretty small comparing to great cost of tunnel alone.

Other costs (examination, traffic closures, diverts etc.) are currently covered by Dars motorway authority, but will be later paid by companies, who are guilty of those delays. Which are those companies, is currently under heavy debate.

Meanwhile, drivers are waiting in traffic jams, forming every day on old roads, which will become much worse next week with start of new school year.
Old August 26th, 2008, 09:18 PM   #1157
keber

New border crossing between Slovenia (in front) and Hungary (in back) on motorway A5/M70, opened last week:

Old August 26th, 2008, 09:43 PM   #1158
RipleyLV

Likes (Received): 2294

Is the whole section of A5 from Hungarian border till Maribor opened?
RipleyLV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2008, 09:54 PM   #1159
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

^ No, some 20 km are still missing, planned to open in October. Btw, we've passed the 500-km limit. Now we have 463 km of motorways and 50 km of 4-lane expressways, in total 513 km.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2008, 10:07 PM   #1160
keber

More like 26 km. I wouldn't count partially opened section for some villages around Lenart.

Tags
highways, motorways