daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 22nd, 2008, 10:12 PM   #1441
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
where are toll stations Krtina, Blagovica and Lukovica? i thought there was only Kompljoe between Vransko and LJ. and this Log - is tha previously called LJ zahod?
Yes, LJ zahod is now Log. Krtina, Blagovica and Lukovica aren't frontal toll stations (we have some of these even in open systems ), so yes, Kompolje is the only frontal station between Vransko and LJ.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 22nd, 2008, 10:15 PM   #1442
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3448

did those Krtina, Blagovica and Lukovica toll stations in function before vignettes, so cars used them too, or they were made only for lorries? could you get some photos of them, i'm interested how they look like?
Old November 22nd, 2008, 10:37 PM   #1443
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Yes, they were there before. Some additional were planned too (like Vransko, Vodice, Ivančna Gorica, Bič and some others, to make transit traffic go over main frontal station instead of taking rather short (and free) bypasses on local roads. However local population was against them and therefore nothing happened. This is also one of the reasons to use vignettes, because of so much exits, our motorways have.

They look pretty much the same (only a more modern) than small toll stations on Primorska motorway (A1 to Koper), except they don't have cabin in the way toward/from main frontal toll station.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2008, 10:41 PM   #1444
x-type
con los terroristas

i really didn't know it, i thought that Kompolje was the only one there. interesting
Old November 22nd, 2008, 10:49 PM   #1445
RS.ban
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
You are welcome to avoid us through Austria. I wonder how you'll like their truck tolls.
I donīt have a truck
RS.ban no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2008, 10:50 PM   #1446
keber

Kompolje (main) and was built at first and later Lukovica, Blagovica and Krtina were added.
Old November 22nd, 2008, 11:37 PM   #1447
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Yeah, I remember when the A1 was free of charge from Ljubljana to Krtina when it was opened in 2001. Later a toll station was added by Krtina, so you could only drive for free to Domžale (3 km less).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS.ban View Post
I donīt have a truck
Buy one, I'm sure it will be cheaper than our tolls.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2008, 01:08 AM   #1448
RS.ban
BANNED

As soon as i get the money that Ljubljanska banka stole from me
RS.ban no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2008, 02:42 AM   #1449
radi6404

Likes (Received): 27

I donīt know if the 35 € Vigniette for half year is still current but if so thatīs pretty retarted, as if just Slovenia with their motorways deserves people to buy ******* 35 € for 200 € of motorway. thatīs why many people avoid Slovenia, even people with money would avoid slovenia because they are smart enough to think that the Slovenian system isnīt worth the money, any coutry offers cheap vigniettes for shorter periods except Slovenia. The motorway quality is good, bu for that price the motorways are rediculous, they are quite shitty for that priceand the whole network isnīt even completed, I am sure the part between the Croatian border and Liubljana with the rediculous curves which are anything but european motorway standart is not fixed yet and the motorways are not that smooth in Slovenia. For people who pass Slovenia regurarly the price is ok but for those who pass it one time the price is ******* retarted. And even altough they want people to pay such exorbitant prices they are too ******* dumb and donīt even add the final layer of asphalt so that the motorways look incredibly shitty, the country must be punished for that by the EU, such behaviour canīt be tolerated.
Old November 23rd, 2008, 02:47 AM   #1450
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Likes (Received): 120

So... radi, you like the idea of vignettes in Slovenia then?
Buddy Holly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2008, 02:56 AM   #1451
radi6404

No, ofcourse not, they should provide a reasonable vigniette for a week or 14 days for 10 €, they would earn more money than now and people wouldnīt complain.
Old November 23rd, 2008, 09:40 AM   #1452
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

Radi has got a point, but it's not easy to avoid Slovenia on your way to the Croatian coast (if you're from the Benelux or Germany). There are two possibilities:
- Drive to Triest, enter Slovenia on secundary roads, drive through Slovenia avoiding A- and H-roads, and enter Croatia afterwards.
- Drive around Slovenia, through Hungary, and drive through Croatia afterwards, to the coast.
I don't think you should take the second option, because you'll make a big detour, costing more time, but moreover costing more money on fuel, a Hungarian vignette, and several Croatian tolls. Same for the first option, where you pay other Italian tolls, but the difference in distance is quite small, so I'd chose for this option.

Anyway, the tolls are quite ridiculous indeed. I thought Belgium also wanted to get such a vignette, but only available for a year, and it would cost €60. But the distances are too small, and some of their motorways are so shitty that it's not even worth 60 Belgian Francs
Old November 23rd, 2008, 10:27 AM   #1453
Dino S
BANNED

radi that's the point of vignettes, now you don't see anymore poor peopleon our motorways which were only dumping garbage! And I live in SPA and here is nobody of the guest complaining about the vignettes because here are mostly people from Russia, Italia, Israel, Germany and they have enough money for vacations and those are for us real guest who bring money not garbage!
Dino S no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2008, 10:54 AM   #1454
radi6404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon91 View Post
Radi has got a point, but it's not easy to avoid Slovenia on your way to the Croatian coast (if you're from the Benelux or Germany). There are two possibilities:
- Drive to Triest, enter Slovenia on secundary roads, drive through Slovenia avoiding A- and H-roads, and enter Croatia afterwards.
- Drive around Slovenia, through Hungary, and drive through Croatia afterwards, to the coast.
I don't think you should take the second option, because you'll make a big detour, costing more time, but moreover costing more money on fuel, a Hungarian vignette, and several Croatian tolls. Same for the first option, where you pay other Italian tolls, but the difference in distance is quite small, so I'd chose for this option.

Anyway, the tolls are quite ridiculous indeed. I thought Belgium also wanted to get such a vignette, but only available for a year, and it would cost €60. But the distances are too small, and some of their motorways are so shitty that it's not even worth 60 Belgian Francs
Ofcourse, now is there a project to lower the vigniette or not?
Old November 23rd, 2008, 11:19 AM   #1455
Rijeka

I agree with Timon, the easiest way to avoid tolls in SLO is to go to Trieste and than via Kozina to Rijeka. This summer I had to go from Vienna to Zagreb, so I took the road from Mureck (A) through Lenart and Ptuj, it was also quite easy and the road is ok if you don't want to pay 35 € for 15km of motorway.
The European Comission is putting pressure on Slovenia now to introduce short time vignettes, so I think they'll have to introduce them pretty soon.
Rijeka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2008, 11:32 AM   #1456
radi6404

I am happy they put pressure because what they are doing is rpping the people off and itīs a shame the motorways arenīt even constructed compeltely and the asphalt sucks at some places and the emergency lanes have different asphalt.
Old November 23rd, 2008, 11:34 AM   #1457
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

Hopefully they can introduce it before next summer
Old November 23rd, 2008, 11:46 AM   #1458
keber

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi6404 View Post
and the asphalt sucks at some places and the emergency lanes have different asphalt.
Yes, EU commission will take a pressure on Slovenia to make emergency lane asphalt color the same as other lanes.
Old November 23rd, 2008, 11:48 AM   #1459
Rijeka

And will hopefully give you some funds for nice and shiny crashbarriers!
Rijeka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2008, 11:51 AM   #1460
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rijeka View Post
I agree with Timon, the easiest way to avoid tolls in SLO is to go to Trieste and than via Kozina to Rijeka. This summer I had to go from Vienna to Zagreb, so I took the road from Mureck (A) through Lenart and Ptuj, it was also quite easy and the road is ok if you don't want to pay 35 € for 15km of motorway.
The European Comission is putting pressure on Slovenia now to introduce short time vignettes, so I think they'll have to introduce them pretty soon.
this could help for travelling from west and north Europe, but sparing is not that high. let's take Villach - Rijeka route. if you enter I at Arnoldstein, take A23, A4, enter SLO at Pesek, enter HR at Pasjak, you have 8,40€ italian tolls and 65 km more. so that is some 15-17€ more in one way. double it for 2-way trip and you get Slovenian vignette refunded. so difference is only in Karawankentunnel, and that's 13€. for me it is somewhere at the edge of worthing to go via I. i should think a lot. if it was up to 10€, i would choose SLO. if it was 15€, i would choose I. in this occasion, i should think about it.

Last edited by x-type; November 23rd, 2008 at 12:20 PM.
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways