daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old February 17th, 2009, 11:28 PM   #1701
Verso
Islander
 
Verso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 22,087
Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipleyLV View Post
What legend?
So it isn't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipleyLV View Post
Hey Verso, when will open H4?
Around half of this year. However, A2 Ljubljana - Zagreb won't be finished this year.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 17th, 2009, 11:32 PM   #1702
x-type
con los terroristas
 
x-type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bjelovar [HR]
Posts: 13,466
Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
A2 Ljubljana - Zagreb won't be finished this year.
do you think that somebody was so naive and foolish and thought it would be finished?!
__________________
Svaki dan sanjam autobahn...
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2009, 11:42 PM   #1703
Verso
Islander
 
Verso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 22,087
Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
do you think that somebody was so naive and foolish and thought it would be finished?!
[x-type][/x-type]

Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 01:28 PM   #1704
Timon91
Error
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: just outside Germany
Posts: 5,783
Likes (Received): 46

Will this rivalry ever stop?
__________________
My Flickr account.
Some of my photoseries: Northern Ireland, Prague, Boston, Alaska part 1, 2, 3, Smoggy Moscow, Warsaw, Wrocław, Kiev, Donetsk, Odessa and Chişinău.
Timon91 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 01:36 PM   #1705
Verso
Islander
 
Verso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 22,087
Likes (Received): 4749

^ He can't understand that the motorway by Trebnje simply can't be built so fast. Another thing is he thinks we're blocking construction of the motorway b/c it leads to Croatia, but forgets that it also links Ljubljana with Novo mesto, the center of SE Slovenia, with the important Renault factory. And that the motorway between NM and Croatia is already built, so I don't see how anyone's blocking it. But enough of this.

Btw, has anyone noticed the ridiculous amount of road numbers on the map?
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 06:02 PM   #1706
x-type
con los terroristas
 
x-type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bjelovar [HR]
Posts: 13,466
Likes (Received): 3437

i don't think it, it's the fact that you are blocking it. difficult terrain is not excuse because you are building those poor 100 km for longer time period than one poor and undeveloped Croatia spent to build 380 km of motorway in terrain where those Slovenian hills look like heap of sand. i would accept that excuse, but it is simply unlogical.
__________________
Svaki dan sanjam autobahn...
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 06:05 PM   #1707
Radish2
Registered User
 
Radish2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,354
Likes (Received): 60

Really funny.
Radish2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 06:08 PM   #1708
Verso
Islander
 
Verso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 22,087
Likes (Received): 4749

I'm talking about the missing section by Trebnje. In the state it is today, it cannot be finished until the end of the year. The reason why this section has only begun to be built is that residents of Trebnje couldn't agree on where the motorway would run. The argument of blocking it is ridiculous, as it's the connection between LJ and NM, not to mention the fact the motorway between NM and Croatia is already built.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 06:12 PM   #1709
x-type
con los terroristas
 
x-type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bjelovar [HR]
Posts: 13,466
Likes (Received): 3437

aha
__________________
Svaki dan sanjam autobahn...
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 06:13 PM   #1710
Radish2
Registered User
 
Radish2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,354
Likes (Received): 60

But Verso, I really find it slow, the motorway Croatian border - Ljubliana wont be finished entirely even this year and the motorway Ljubliana Jesenice isn´t complete yet, too, eh? Really slow.
Radish2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 06:18 PM   #1711
Verso
Islander
 
Verso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 22,087
Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radish2 View Post
But Verso, I really find it slow, the motorway Croatian border - Ljubliana wont be finished entirely even this year and the motorway Ljubliana Jesenice isn´t complete yet, too, eh? Really slow.
Looking overall, it is slow, but you have to know there are many important road corridors in small Slovenia, and while the H1 isn't the best road ever, it's way better than other old main roads in Slovenia, so motorways in other directions were priority.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 06:27 PM   #1712
x-type
con los terroristas
 
x-type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bjelovar [HR]
Posts: 13,466
Likes (Received): 3437

and then you say that you're not blocking Croatia. k'mon, the most important route to connect southeastern Europe with western is not marked as one of routes with top priority. i can't believe it. btw, this so-called H1 is crap over craps. the only crappier main road is G9 which, mirracelously, presents an turbo-important road for Croatia.
__________________
Svaki dan sanjam autobahn...
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 07:33 PM   #1713
Verso
Islander
 
Verso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 22,087
Likes (Received): 4749

H1 is crap over craps? As for the G9 (Ptuj - Croatia), I drove there in November, and it was perfectly fine for a 2-lane road. And how is A2 not a top priority, when all of it is either built or U/C?
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 07:37 PM   #1714
Radish2
Registered User
 
Radish2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,354
Likes (Received): 60

It looks impressive on that pic.
Radish2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 08:44 PM   #1715
x-type
con los terroristas
 
x-type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bjelovar [HR]
Posts: 13,466
Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
H1 is crap over craps? As for the G9 (Ptuj - Croatia), I drove there in November, and it was perfectly fine for a 2-lane road. And how is A2 not a top priority, when all of it is either built or U/C?
well, yes, there are crappy parts.
and G9 - i drove it 2 weeks ago. those large wheel tracks must be result of poor maintenance because you claim there is no heavy traffic.
__________________
Svaki dan sanjam autobahn...
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 08:57 PM   #1716
Verso
Islander
 
Verso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 22,087
Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
well, yes, there are crappy parts.
What are you actually showing us? I can't see much of the road here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
and G9 - i drove it 2 weeks ago. those large wheel tracks must be result of poor maintenance because you claim there is no heavy traffic.
I don't remember them, but I drive there very rarely.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2009, 10:02 AM   #1717
keber
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 9,878
Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
and then you say that you're not blocking Croatia.
So you think, we're holding back construction of A2 only because we like to anger Croats?

Remember, case around Trebnje is similar to your A1 over Gacka river. If you would have such problems with NIMBY's in Croatia, Your A1 still wouldn't reach even Zadar
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2009, 02:55 PM   #1718
Radish2
Registered User
 
Radish2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,354
Likes (Received): 60

I must say I find it very impressive when I´ve seen Slovenia at night, all parts under construction are illuminated and there are flash lights which indicate that construction of the road is infront of you, it´s jsut too european. I am looking forword to go through Slovenia soon and enjoy the very even asphalt and impressive looking motorways.
Radish2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2009, 06:49 PM   #1719
x-type
con los terroristas
 
x-type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bjelovar [HR]
Posts: 13,466
Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
So you think, we're holding back construction of A2 only because we like to anger Croats?

Remember, case around Trebnje is similar to your A1 over Gacka river. If you would have such problems with NIMBY's in Croatia, Your A1 still wouldn't reach even Zadar
no, but you give priorities to other, less important projects, force them and make them important suddenly.

those "if" sentences - i wouldn't comment them. da je baba muško, zvala bi se duško...
__________________
Svaki dan sanjam autobahn...
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2009, 07:01 PM   #1720
Verso
Islander
 
Verso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 22,087
Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
no, but you give priorities to other, less important projects, force them and make them important suddenly.
Such as?

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
those "if" sentences - i wouldn't comment them. da je baba muško, zvala bi se duško...
Well, it's not the Republic of Slovenia's fault that NIMBYs are much stronger than in Croatia. NIMBYs don't even call it "fault", but "rightful doings".
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
highways, motorways

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium