daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 17th, 2009, 06:49 PM   #1961
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Thanks for the pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon91 View Post
What would Verso have to say about this?
Let's see:
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
ok, so let's see, quote, an expressway which has 120 km/h standards and is enough to carry traffic on second most important route from Slovenia to Croatia, end quote.
No one said it was an expressway, just straight enough to be half of the future motorway. The speed limit is mostly 90 km/h (easily reachable, if there's no slowpoke in front of you), pijanec drives 120 km/h though.

Quote:
it looks really good, right? you can overpass lorries, asphalt is good. oh no, wait, there is 60 km/h limit. who will you opverpass? bicycle?
Let's get sth straight in the very beginning: there are a few intersections with 60- or 70-km/h speed limit, the rest is 90.

Quote:
ok, there cannot be 60 km/h limit all the way. so here you have a chance to overpass slow vehicles here. of course, if you have money for new suspension after crossing middle of thge road.
That is, IF you have to overpass someone. And I surely wouldn't be worried about my car b/c of that narrow strip.

Quote:
not to see only bad things, here is one of the best parts. you are not destroying anything on your car, you can do 90 km/h, you cannot overpass, so you have no choice. does it look like important road's asphalt? not really.
What's wrong with the asphalt here? Not Struma-like, but I really don't see what's wrong with it.

Quote:
this intersection is good and generous. it allows even 70 km/h. one of the rare.
Good math, 70 > 60 indeed.

Quote:
90 km/h, allowed overpassing (although impossible because of oncoming traffic, which is extremely low according to Slovenes), what a luxury!
Bad luck. No one said traffic was extremely low, but AADT figures are easily accessible, no need to lie either for you, or me.

Quote:
finally a chance to overpass this austrian Golf. no oncoming traffic, allowed overpassing, ok condition of the road, but no, 60 km/h again stops me to do it.
How fast (or slow) was (s)he driving anyway?

Quote:
somehow i maneged to do it. i definitely wouldn't do it here. guess why.
You don't need to, why the complaining?

Quote:
shiny and fantastic. enough for people who wnats to go to Croatia. they don't need more.
A couple of bad meters, doesn't seem that long to me.

Quote:
what a lovely pedestrian crossing on so-called expressway. at least pedestrians cannot brake a leg on potholes seen previously.
There are no pedestrians anyway. And look at the luxury, it's not allowed to turn left or right, and thus slow the traffic.

Quote:
random one
Random answer: sweet.

Quote:
again random one. large part of that road is under 60 km/h. just get used to it while you're there.
Where do you see any section under 60 km/h??

Quote:
after this one man really cannot wait first gas station to buy damned vignette for lots of € to forget this torture. if the main road looks like this, how are local roads?!
What, a few patches.

Quote:
a little bit of wheel tracks.
Hm, if you see them, ok.

Quote:
and one more nicely lifted bridge with waves.
Dravinja is a lovely river, btw.

Quote:
again one with no complains. except 60 km/h.
Yeah, a bit annoying..

Quote:
and a dirty one for the end. this part will be bypassed with motorway next year (or even this?).
So what's the problem, if it will be bypassed anyway?

In the end: I think you're a little spoiled.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 17th, 2009, 07:11 PM   #1962
geronimo_rs

Thanks for the photos, x-type. Hopefully, you won't do us the same thing with E-661 (Banjaluka - Gradiška motorway).
geronimo_rs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2009, 07:37 PM   #1963
snupix

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Let's get sth straight in the very beginning: there are a few intersections with 60- or 70-km/h speed limit, the rest is 90.
That's not true, the impression you get on that road is that it's 60 km/h all the way. I'm talking about the feeling, not real percentages. And speed limits of 60 are quite common, I bet you can't make an average about 70 km/h from Cro border to Ptuj on that road. I usually obey the speed limits, especially when abroad (and especially in Slovenia), and I can guarantee you that. Why don't you finally admit that the road is crap (compared to what it should be) and that you're not building the motorway because of political reasons...
snupix no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2009, 07:47 PM   #1964
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3448

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLH View Post
Thank God x-type you don't pop into Poland (OK, but for the last pic, it's indeed horrible)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavle4488 View Post
Thanks for the photos, x-type. Hopefully, you won't do us the same thing with E-661 (Banjaluka - Gradiška motorway).
at least you don't say that those roads don't have to be replaced by motorway so i wouldn't attack it at all. but when you present that road as a superb one and enough for its placement, as Slovenes do, i really get pissed off. if it was about road to some minor border crossing, or medium one, i wouldn't say a word. i neither woudn't say anything if Slovenes would do something to make that road good or at least maintain it. but no, this is piece of shit is being glorified and considered as enough for contry where it leads to. who cares for important international route.
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2009, 08:58 PM   #1965
Verso
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by snupix View Post
That's not true, the impression you get on that road is that it's 60 km/h all the way. I'm talking about the feeling, not real percentages. And speed limits of 60 are quite common, I bet you can't make an average about 70 km/h from Cro border to Ptuj on that road. I usually obey the speed limits, especially when abroad (and especially in Slovenia), and I can guarantee you that. Why don't you finally admit that the road is crap (compared to what it should be) and that you're not building the motorway because of political reasons...
I don't think the road is crap, maybe I have lower expectations. There may be political reasons behind it, but blame mostly centralization. Ljubljana simply doesn't need this road.

Quote:
at least you don't say that those roads don't have to be replaced by motorway so i wouldn't attack it at all. but when you present that road as a superb one and enough for its placement, as Slovenes do, i really get pissed off. if it was about road to some minor border crossing, or medium one, i wouldn't say a word. i neither woudn't say anything if Slovenes would do something to make that road good or at least maintain it. but no, this is piece of shit is being glorified and considered as enough for contry where it leads to. who cares for important international route.
I personally mostly objected this motorway before, b/c there were more important motorways to be built (especially compared to old roads!), and simply b/c I don't need it (unless I go to Zagreb from Maribor, which happens like never). But other motorways are now mostly either built or U/C, and this motorway should be cheap, so I support its construction (and I've already said that before). I just hope the recession won't be too hard.
Old May 17th, 2009, 11:21 PM   #1966
Ban.BL
BANNED

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radish2 View Post
Really funny with you two. But X-type, the exorbitant prices for Croatian vigniette are not much better. If you had one week vigniette 10 €, then you would have the right to complain, but 20 € for one time passing is way too much.
again
Ban.BL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2009, 11:24 PM   #1967
Ban.BL
BANNED

Verso photos say it all, i don't think anyone needs explanations.
Old May 17th, 2009, 11:24 PM   #1968
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

If Verso hadn't replied, he would have been a pussy
Old May 17th, 2009, 11:49 PM   #1969
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon91 View Post
If Verso hadn't replied, he would have been a pussy
exactly. i prayed for the day when i will be passing G9 during the daylight, and he prayed that that day will never come.
i admit, i was playing dirty and i have put only bad parts, but anyway road is too important to be in that condition. just as H1 was before opening A2.
Old May 18th, 2009, 12:13 AM   #1970
Verso
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ban.BL View Post
Verso photos say it all, i don't think anyone needs explanations.
Exactly, why any explanations at all (including x-type's)? Mind you, only the bad parts were shown (all of them, I assume), cause that was the point. But you probably know the road anyway.

Quote:
exactly. i prayed for the day when i will be passing G9 during the daylight, and he prayed that that day will never come.
i admit, i was playing dirty and i have put only bad parts, but anyway road is too important to be in that condition. just as H1 was before opening A2.
Quite on contrary, I hoped someone would take photos of it earlier, but I didn't bother to go there myself. Again, the road isn't great, but there's a word called "priorities". A5 f.e. might be less important, but you have to look at things in context: the old road (G3) was horrible (not pavement) due to large amount of trucks, going through all those villages etc., simply unacceptable. G9 goes through no settlement whatsoever, and is way more straight. Add the fact that not so many Slovenians need the road (well, Maribor, but that's pretty much it), including the capital. The annoying thing from your (Croatian) part is that you've been demanding this motorway since we barely had any motorways at all , so it was always seen as unnecessary-at-the-moment, and the impression stayed till today. I think now it's about time to build it.
Old May 18th, 2009, 12:16 AM   #1971
snupix

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
I don't think the road is crap.
As I said, it's crap regarding what it should be and importance this route has. It's a good road for some other standards.
snupix no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2009, 12:31 AM   #1972
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Exactly, why any explanations at all (including x-type's)? Mind you, only the bad parts were shown (all of them, I assume), cause that was the point.
you are so silly. while we are talking about 60 km/ speed limits on that road, you say how barely there are some. on the other hand, while we're talking about bad condition parts, you say that i took photos of all of them. of course i didn't. and about 60 km/h speed limits - there are at least 7 or 8 of them. for 15 km of open road it is really many. as allways, you are adjusting facts just to make the bad things look better without any reality.
Old May 18th, 2009, 12:32 AM   #1973
Verso
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by snupix View Post
As I said, it's crap regarding what it should be and importance this route has. It's a good road for some other standards.
The road definitely is crap, given the fact I think it should definitely be replaced with a motorway sooner or later. It's just that other important roads were even worse, therefore even some a bit less important routes got motorways. You're selfish, if you think people should just shut up and drive 2 hours from Maribor to the Hungarian border, while the average speed on G9 is twice as high. That's the point.
Old May 18th, 2009, 12:35 AM   #1974
Verso
Islander

Quote:
you are so silly. while we are talking about 60 km/ speed limits on that road, you say how barely there are some. on the other hand, while we're talking about bad condition parts, you say that i took photos of all of them. of course i didn't. and about 60 km/h speed limits - there are at least 7 or 8 of them. for 15 km of open road it is really many. as allways, you are adjusting facts just to make the bad things look better without any reality.
It's really just technicalities, I'd drive 100 km/h all the way, totally doable.
Old May 18th, 2009, 01:15 AM   #1975
Ban.BL
BANNED

Quote:
Quite on contrary, I hoped someone would take photos of it earlier, but I didn't bother to go there myself.
this clears everything
Old May 18th, 2009, 02:06 AM   #1976
Verso
Islander

Quote:
this clears everything
Huh? It's not a motorway, that's why I didn't bother to take pics of it. It's also more of a cul-de-sac from my position..
Old May 18th, 2009, 03:07 AM   #1977
Radish2

Likes (Received): 60

Quote:
again
what again, pointing out bad things of slovenian roads, but having the highest prices for vigniettes in whole europe. For the price that has to be paid, 20 € for one passing [b]I want the ******* best quality motorway possible(/b] but itīs anything but the best, itīs shite for the price people have to pay. The asphalt goes up and down so that I am jumping inside my car as if I am on a swing, it looks bad, the asphalt is bright!!! The markings remind me of a Croatian toilet, the markings should be very whie and reflective, I guess Croatians have never seen propper markings, they are using better markings for podestrian passing in my 4 000 village here in Baden- Württenberg in Germany then on Croatian motorways. The crashbarriers are the ugliest Iīve ever seen and they are dirty. The very new part of the motorway, the last 50 km before Serbian border donīt look new at all anymore, but they look like a 20 years old motorway allready, altough the part is not much older then two years. So before dissing slovenia because of a few meter low quality nationalroad just look how your motorways are. I advice you come and see The Struma motorway and E-79 nationalroad to know what a road is, or easily go to the Slovenian side and look at the motorway asphalt and high quality markings.

Verso, itīs a honour for me that you mentoned Struma motorway asphalt as reference aspahlt, thanks man.
Radish2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2009, 03:45 AM   #1978
Verso
Islander

Old May 18th, 2009, 07:51 AM   #1979
Ban.BL
BANNED

Quote:
what again, pointing out bad things of slovenian roads, but having the highest prices for vigniettes in whole europe. For the price that has to be paid, 20 € for one passing [b]I want the ******* best quality motorway possible(/b] but itīs anything but the best, itīs shite for the price people have to pay. The asphalt goes up and down so that I am jumping inside my car as if I am on a swing, it looks bad, the asphalt is bright!!! The markings remind me of a Croatian toilet, the markings should be very whie and reflective, I guess Croatians have never seen propper markings, they are using better markings for podestrian passing in my 4 000 village here in Baden- Württenberg in Germany then on Croatian motorways. The crashbarriers are the ugliest Iīve ever seen and they are dirty. The very new part of the motorway, the last 50 km before Serbian border donīt look new at all anymore, but they look like a 20 years old motorway allready, altough the part is not much older then two years. So before dissing slovenia because of a few meter low quality nationalroad just look how your motorways are. I advice you come and see The Struma motorway and E-79 nationalroad to know what a road is, or easily go to the Slovenian side and look at the motorway asphalt and high quality markings.

Verso, itīs a honour for me that you mentoned Struma motorway asphalt as reference aspahlt, thanks man.
this also explains a lot
Old May 18th, 2009, 08:44 AM   #1980
bubach_hlubach
hlubach bubach

Likes (Received): 161

Quote:

Croatian road infrustructure may suck for being in such bad shape and basically - almost non existing, but to show a little more respect will not hurt ya. As we speak, I'm counting days when my eternal dream is going to come true to visit the glamorous Struma motorway and its brightest barriers, as the only object seen from the universe, and its unavoidable black asphalt that darkest nights can get afraid of.

I kid you not!

'Cause I can't go on (Will you still love me?)
No, I can't go on (Just say you love me)
bubach_hlubach no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways