daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 2nd, 2007, 07:32 AM   #61
bolenmeister

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek5 View Post
i just dont see anything outstanding about this building...its provocative...but not attractive at all
well did u read all the componets of this bldg its crazy how much it will have
bolenmeister no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 2nd, 2007, 07:34 AM   #62
derek5
San Diegan for life

^yeah, its got a lot, which is cool, and the design is wild...but its too wild IMO...
Old April 2nd, 2007, 08:11 PM   #63
mudvayneimn
Evry City Nds a Blk Box!

Likes (Received): 17

^ Not if you're a Louisvillian!
mudvayneimn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2007, 09:47 PM   #64
yin_yang

Likes (Received): 80

i'd take that in a second man! looks dope
yin_yang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2007, 05:44 AM   #65
Jasonhouse
Senior Button Pusher

Likes (Received): 2462

This building's legacy will live and die by its maintenance budget imo...
Jasonhouse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2007, 08:12 AM   #66
Skyking2
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticboy View Post
If your people don't want it, we'll take it.
Yeah, this building would fit in Madison nicely...as it seems to lean to the left. But, alas, my Madtown friend, buildings cannot be taller than the state capitol.
Skyking2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2007, 06:16 PM   #67
Kngkyle

Likes (Received): 21

Awesome.
Kngkyle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2007, 06:22 PM   #68
Cardpooch

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonhouse View Post
This building's legacy will live and die by its maintenance budget imo...

Doubt it...

This is a unique project in so many ways. The developers are billionaires and they're not even into this to make a profit. Unlike most projects, money has never really been an issue here.

Besides, the mixed use concept was integrated as way of helping to redistribute costs. Basically a way of not putting all the eggs in one basket.
Cardpooch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2007, 11:39 PM   #69
Dale

Likes (Received): 5505

I doubt that the architects were striving for 'pretty'.

I think it's great myself.
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 05:50 AM   #70
card04

I hope the "floating island" really lights up in red at night, that would be pretty damn awesome. Especially if it was some huge red screen shown in those pictures, but I'm not sure if it would work.
card04 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 06:17 AM   #71
rhkimb02

I am so glad this thing is going up....downtown louisville is really exciting right now
Old April 4th, 2007, 07:15 AM   #72
Ginza

Likes (Received): 7

Does anyone have any updates on the constructionof this symbolic structure
Ginza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 08:03 AM   #73
brewcityfan

Likes (Received): 222

As a Trekkie, it looks like something from the Borg Collective.....are robots living here or something??
brewcityfan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 08:37 AM   #74
bolenmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginza View Post
Does anyone have any updates on the constructionof this symbolic structure
well they are doing site work rite now, and rehabbing the facades of some old buildings that will serve as the buildings entrance on main street. I think they are doing some other infrastructure work on the site too. i think groundbreaking on the actual skyscraper will occur by December. They are targeting 2010 for completion, put I would not be surprised if it end up being 2011.
Old April 4th, 2007, 08:59 AM   #75
Soulbrotha
abdulsharifshoots.com

Likes (Received): 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolenmeister View Post
well they are doing site work rite now, and rehabbing the facades of some old buildings that will serve as the buildings entrance on main street. I think they are doing some other infrastructure work on the site too. i think groundbreaking on the actual skyscraper will occur by December. They are targeting 2010 for completion, put I would not be surprised if it end up being 2011.

actually, it will breakground in SEPTEMBER of this year. And if you watch the lecture by Ramus on youtube i posted a few pages ago, you will see that construction is going to be a pretty simple and quick process.. So i don't see why it would take an additonal year to complete.
Soulbrotha no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 09:22 AM   #76
bolenmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulbrotha View Post
actually, it will breakground in SEPTEMBER of this year. And if you watch the lecture by Ramus on youtube i posted a few pages ago, you will see that construction is going to be a pretty simple and quick process.. So i don't see why it would take an additonal year to complete.
lol sorry, that was just my opinion that it will be finished later. You are right though, they did mention september as the ground breaking. We will see how construction progresses, its just that many times these condo things open later than expected, just look at some other ones around town. anyways i hope u take pics of construction soul! do u know how the main street facades look now?
Old April 5th, 2007, 07:03 AM   #77
mudvayneimn
Evry City Nds a Blk Box!

Fletcher signs bill allowing improvements for Museum Plaza area
Fox41 News
Wednesday, April 4, 2007
Link to Article

With a stroke of a pen Wednesday, Governor Ernie Fletcher did the state's part to make Louisville's $460 million Museum Plaza a reality. Governor Fletcher signed a bill that will allow public land around the huge project to be improved so the skyscraper can be built.

Museum Plaza developers offered a deal that sounded too good to be true. They would build the $330 million multi-use project if the city would spend $130 millon for a floodwall, street improvements, and other infrastructure. But for a time it looked like state lawmakers would not accept the offer.

Steve Wilson, Museum Plaza Developer, said Wednesday, "This is a moment that my wife and I and our partners have dreamed of for almost two years now." That moment -- the signing of a bill giving tax breaks to help Museum Plaza get built -- almost didn't happen.

Developer Craig Greenburg explains, "We've invested approximately $14 million on this project, so far, and this legislation was critical to make this project reality."

Developers proposed using part of the room tax from a Museum Plaza hotel to help pay for public improvements around the development. Since room tax money is used to promote tourism, state tourism officials objected and a big fight broke out during the legislative session.

Governor Fletcher acknoledges, "This was one of the pieces of legislation that made it through kind of a controversial session." He and others credit a united front and hard work by local leaders and legislators for the approval of the tax breaks on the last day of the session.

Now attention can turn to actual construction. As Mayor Jerry Abramson puts it, "I just think they are just all concerned about how and which lanes we are going on close on which streets for all of this construction."

Museum Plaza's "front door" on Main Street has been preserved. Next up -- work by fall to move an LG&E tower and dig a foundation for the world class project which will bring offices and shops, condos, great art, and great interest to Louisville.

State Senator Julie Denton, a Louisville Republican, says, "I see this as changing the whole culture of Louisville. Putting a whole new face on our city. This changes things economically, culturally, educationally, as well as a tourist attraction and recreationally."

With Museum Plaza, a new arena, and a new retail complex all scheduled to open in 2010, Governor Fletcher is offering a new nickname for Main Street. He says Chicago has its Million Dollar Mile and New York has 5th Avenue and Louisville will soon have it's "Billion Dollar Block."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I like "Billion Dollar Block."
Old April 5th, 2007, 12:52 PM   #78
bolenmeister

well wow i am just so impressed with all tghis. i mean, louisville has good job growth now, but do u think all this development will help attract more big fortune 500 companies? i remember seeing a new fortune 1000 will locat here soon, so thats good. i was thinking about it and i think thats all that is holding back louisville from growing as fast as charlotte or atlanta or polaces like that ya know? like if there wqas more bank jobs like charlotte or more big companies like atlanta wow louisville is sure building the amenities to attract the very creative types, as richard florida talks about in his book.
Old April 7th, 2007, 07:56 PM   #79
eweezerinc
President of Catan

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcityfan View Post
As a Trekkie, it looks like something from the Borg Collective.....are robots living here or something??
Who knows? I hope so.

One thing I am a bit worried about is companies trying to tack their names on the building. That would sorta ruin things, I think.
Old April 7th, 2007, 09:48 PM   #80
mudvayneimn
Evry City Nds a Blk Box!

That would be completely gross if a company did something like that. Could you imagine having a big "PNC Plaza" or "PNC Museum Plaza" (insert any company) at the entrance?