daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Infrastructure & Transportation > Railways and Transportation



Reply

 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 327 votes, 4.98 average.
Old April 29th, 2011, 03:05 PM   #4701
shanware
Registered User
 
shanware's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,217
Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanfunjabi View Post
DUDE why u interfering in mumbai city ur frm bangalore na so why dont u write all dis crap in ur site and they must have thought alot before taking dis matter so ur presence in unethical!!!!!!!!
Go Away !!
shanware no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
 
Old April 29th, 2011, 03:07 PM   #4702
KuwarOnline
kuwaronline
 
KuwarOnline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai/Delhi
Posts: 4,057
Likes (Received): 613

x-posting
Quote:
Originally Posted by deekshith View Post
Photos copyright: madpai
April 16th 2011

Ghatkopar station

image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr


Mumbai metro

image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr
KuwarOnline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2011, 05:04 PM   #4703
Master of Disguise
Punjabi for Life..!!!
 
Master of Disguise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,498
Likes (Received): 415

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanfunjabi View Post
DUDE why u interfering in mumbai city ur frm bangalore na so why dont u write all dis crap in ur site and they must have thought alot before taking dis matter so ur presence in unethical!!!!!!!!
Bad comment....
__________________
A PROUD INDIAN


iQuest Real Estate

New Delhi - NCR, INDIA
Master of Disguise no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2011, 05:39 PM   #4704
Illusionist
India under construction.
 
Illusionist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: All
Posts: 4,486
Likes (Received): 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanfunjabi View Post
DUDE why u interfering in mumbai city ur frm bangalore na so why dont u write all dis crap in ur site and they must have thought alot before taking dis matter so ur presence in unethical!!!!!!!!
i am with you my punjabi friend. lets fight against India and make mumbai and bangalore two different countries. that will teach a lesson to them bangaloreans.
__________________
kabacreations
Illusionist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2011, 06:30 PM   #4705
rsrikanth05
Curry Muncher
 
rsrikanth05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Jholawala's Jhola
Posts: 8,372
Likes (Received): 867

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanfunjabi View Post
DUDE why u interfering in mumbai city ur frm bangalore na so why dont u write all dis crap in ur site and they must have thought alot before taking dis matter so ur presence in unethical!!!!!!!!
As if your presence is Ethical?
Because I lived there for 12 bloody years and still visit the damn place every six months.
Fine, I'll reduce my posts here.
If I find you spewing nonsense in Chennai related threads, I'll say the same to YOU.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysaurus View Post
Practise what you preach Rohan Punjabi and get your rear end to "your own site" then. The only "crap" I see in this thread is from you.

I'm Hyderabadi living in Dubai and I visit Mumbai more often than I vist Hyderabad. Regardless, to each his own opinion. You can't tell someone to refrain from posting what they think is right.

As far as I know, SSCi is for all Indians - you want to create regionalism good for you. All I can say is that it's not appreciated. Have a good day.
Sorry bro, but this guy is right you know.
We non residents of the city have no idea what is going on. No matter how frequent our visits are, we still are Outsiders.

Last edited by rsrikanth05; April 29th, 2011 at 06:47 PM.
rsrikanth05 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2011, 06:32 PM   #4706
Abhishek901
Registered User
 
Abhishek901's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 10,415
Likes (Received): 398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiadreams View Post
Why will the cost be double? Especially in case of underground, it will just be laying tracks and providing extra amneties for the increse in volume of passengers. The cost may be utmost 1.5 times, I think. Am I missing something.
Of course it would. By double I don't mean exactly 2.0 times but it could be 1.7 times more expensive. You would need 4 tunnels instead of 2 to carry 4 tracks. You would need stations twice as wide to accommodate 4 platforms (in case of stations where fast trains stop).
Abhishek901 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2011, 06:37 PM   #4707
rsrikanth05
Curry Muncher
 
rsrikanth05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Jholawala's Jhola
Posts: 8,372
Likes (Received): 867

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek901 View Post
Of course it would. By double I don't mean exactly 2.0 times but it could be 1.7 times more expensive. You would need 4 tunnels instead of 2 to carry 4 tracks. You would need stations twice as wide to accommodate 4 platforms (in case of stations where fast trains stop).
Yes, but that is if done at one go. If it is later expansion, inflation and other factors will increase the cost.
Knowing our city planners, you know what will happen..
rsrikanth05 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2011, 06:59 PM   #4708
Illusionist
India under construction.
 
Illusionist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: All
Posts: 4,486
Likes (Received): 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsrikanth05 View Post
As if your presence is Ethical?
Because I lived there for 12 bloody years and still visit the damn place every six months.
Fine, I'll reduce my posts here.
If I find you spewing nonsense in Chennai related threads, I'll say the same to YOU..
Why do you want to stoop down to his level. just ignore him .
__________________
kabacreations
Illusionist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2011, 07:19 PM   #4709
rsrikanth05
Curry Muncher
 
rsrikanth05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Jholawala's Jhola
Posts: 8,372
Likes (Received): 867

Quote:
image hosted on flickr
Is that an MMRDA skywalk or a part of MM1?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanfunjabi View Post
DUDE why u interfering in mumbai city ur frm bangalore na so why dont u write all dis crap in ur site and they must have thought alot before taking dis matter so ur presence in unethical!!!!!!!!
I only said that because third rail is always 750V DC. DC is more expensive and difficult to generate and transmit as opposed to AC, which we find in the OHC.

Last edited by rsrikanth05; April 29th, 2011 at 07:28 PM.
rsrikanth05 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2011, 10:01 PM   #4710
Indiadreams
indiadreams
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,967
Likes (Received): 665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek901 View Post
Of course it would. By double I don't mean exactly 2.0 times but it could be 1.7 times more expensive. You would need 4 tunnels instead of 2 to carry 4 tracks. You would need stations twice as wide to accommodate 4 platforms (in case of stations where fast trains stop).
Fine. But still it is the only feasibe solution. But with the kinda planners, we have, it is not going to happen.

The elevated route means no expansion of metro (quadraping tracks) and no improvement in the road network (in the form of flyovers and elevated roads) at major junctions in future. And this happens in a place which has a consistent density of over 50k throughout with some places reaching 75k -1 lakh.
Indiadreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2011, 01:01 AM   #4711
zoxtannin
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 322
Likes (Received): 1

sad to see the pillars already defaced by nonsense advertisements.... shame on all of us.. we can never keep our cities beautiful.
zoxtannin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2011, 03:59 AM   #4712
Bombay2Calcutta
Registered User
 
Bombay2Calcutta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kolkata/Mumbai/Dallas
Posts: 5,685
Likes (Received): 835

METRO-2 MAY BYPASS BANDRA STATION ROAD

To Avoid Land Acquisition Problems, Chief Sec Proposes Alternative Route That Includes Mahim

Sandeep Ashar & Ashley Dmello | TNN

Even as Mumbai Metro Transport Private Limited is close to finalizing plans for the Charkop-Bandra-Mankhurd line, state chief secretary Ratnakar Gaikwad has asked planners to consider changing a portion of the proposed alignment to avoid land acquisition problems. In a recent meeting, he asked Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) officials to explore the option of changing the corridor alignment for a two-kmstretch at the Bandra end of the line. Gaikwad, who was the MMRDA commissioner before taking charge as the state chief secretary, said the reason he asked for a re-evaluation of existing plans was to overcome contentious issues involving land acquisition in Bandra. After covering the distance from Charkop to National College at Bandra along Linking Road, the alignment—as per the original proposal—runs along the Station Road at Bandra, before taking a turn towards the Bandra Kurla Complex. Land acquisition for the project for this stretch of the route is considered to be a contentious issue. Commercial shops and hawkers line the narrow road. A three-storey mosque, slum structures and a skywalk—which was recently set up—are also expected to make land acquisition and project work difficult.
The chief secretary said he had asked officials to explore the option of avoiding the station road entirely. “The Metro could instead use S V Road up to Mahim junction before turning towards the Bandra Kurla Complex,” he said.
A senior MMRDA official pointed out that the proposed alignment steers clear of the mosque and slums. But using the S V Road route will also mean dismantling a portion of skywalk, which connects S V Road to Bandra station.
The corridor is proposed to cover a 32-km stretch from Charkop to Bandra to Mankhurd, and is expected to be constructed at the cost of Rs 8,250 crore. The Mumbai Metro Transport Private Limited (MMTPL), a special-purpose vehicle for setting up the
corridor, is in the process of finalizing the alignment. MMRDA officials said that designs for the final alignment were yet to be frozen and recommendations for changes in the proposed alignment could be discussed and explored.
MMTPL achieved financial closure for the project recently, and work on the corridor is expected to begin next month. It is scheduled for completion by December 2015.

Bombay2Calcutta no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2011, 04:04 AM   #4713
Bombay2Calcutta
Registered User
 
Bombay2Calcutta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kolkata/Mumbai/Dallas
Posts: 5,685
Likes (Received): 835

MMRDA closer to getting land for rakes

Sandeep Ashar & Ashley Dmello | TNN

Mumbai: The Maharashtra government plans to fast track work for all the nine Metro corridors and proposed monorail routes. Land availability for car sheds had slowed down the work for the first two Metro corridors. Now, however, the government has processed the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority’s (MMRDA) proposal for reservation of 14 plots for the use of car sheds and depots for all proposed corridors.
These car sheds and depots are meant for servicing and parking rakes when not in use, and usually require large tracts of land.
MMRDA, in its proposal—which it had submitted to the state government earlier this year—has staked its claim on 14 plots, which include private land and those that have already been reserved for public purposes.
According to state officials, the Urban Development (UD) department has said that the MMRDA’s proposal is feasible and desirable in the case of most plots. The file is now with state chief minister Prithviraj Chavan, who also holds the UD cabinet minister’s portfolio.
The 14 plots include sites at Dahisar, Borivli, Kandivli, Malad, Goregaon, Vile Parle, Oshiwara, Govandi and Mankhurd. UD department officials added that a change of reservation exercise would have to be undertaken in the case of plots already reserved for another purpose.
MMRDA planners indicated that two of these plots could be dropped from the list on account of Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZ) norms. The development authority is also intent on fast forwarding work on all the nine proposed metro corridors, and has already called for detailed project reports. The nine routes include the Versova-Andheri-Ghatkopar (VAG) corridor, work on which is expected to be completed latest by February next year, and the Charkop-Bandra-Mankhurd (CBM) corridor, which is expected to begin soon.
Other corridors include the Colaba-Mahim-Bandra, Charkop-Dahisar, Ghatkopar-Mulund, BKC-Kanjur Marg, Andheri (E)-Dahisar (E), Hutatma Chowk-Ghatkopar, and Sewri-Prabhadevi.

Staking Claim

In a proposal submitted to the state government early this year, the MMDRA had staked its claim on 14 plots

Location | Area (in hectares) Bangur Nagar, Goregaon | 32

Kasturi Nagar, Malad | 47

Near Atharva College, Malad West | 25

Mandala, Mankhurd | 27

Govandi | 80

Kandivli | 59

Dahisar Check Naka, Central Government land | over 100

Samarth Nagar, Kandivli |
21

Eksar Village near IC Colony Borivli | 100

JVPD, Vile Parle | 3

VSNL Borivli | 40

Source: MMRDA
Bombay2Calcutta no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2011, 07:34 AM   #4714
rsrikanth05
Curry Muncher
 
rsrikanth05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Jholawala's Jhola
Posts: 8,372
Likes (Received): 867

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoxtannin
sad to see the pillars already defaced by nonsense advertisements.... shame on all of us.. we can never keep our cities beautiful.
No matter how good infra you give these guys, they just can't NOT make it look ugly.
rsrikanth05 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2011, 05:35 PM   #4715
shanware
Registered User
 
shanware's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,217
Likes (Received): 10

And to think the dimwit was in charge till a few months back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombay2Calcutta View Post
METRO-2 MAY BYPASS BANDRA STATION ROAD

To Avoid Land Acquisition Problems, Chief Sec Proposes Alternative Route That Includes Mahim

Sandeep Ashar & Ashley Dmello | TNN

Even as Mumbai Metro Transport Private Limited is close to finalizing plans for the Charkop-Bandra-Mankhurd line, state chief secretary Ratnakar Gaikwad has asked planners to consider changing a portion of the proposed alignment to avoid land acquisition problems. In a recent meeting, he asked Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) officials to explore the option of changing the corridor alignment for a two-kmstretch at the Bandra end of the line. Gaikwad, who was the MMRDA commissioner before taking charge as the state chief secretary, said the reason he asked for a re-evaluation of existing plans was to overcome contentious issues involving land acquisition in Bandra. After covering the distance from Charkop to National College at Bandra along Linking Road, the alignment—as per the original proposal—runs along the Station Road at Bandra, before taking a turn towards the Bandra Kurla Complex. Land acquisition for the project for this stretch of the route is considered to be a contentious issue. Commercial shops and hawkers line the narrow road. A three-storey mosque, slum structures and a skywalk—which was recently set up—are also expected to make land acquisition and project work difficult.
The chief secretary said he had asked officials to explore the option of avoiding the station road entirely. “The Metro could instead use S V Road up to Mahim junction before turning towards the Bandra Kurla Complex,” he said.
A senior MMRDA official pointed out that the proposed alignment steers clear of the mosque and slums. But using the S V Road route will also mean dismantling a portion of skywalk, which connects S V Road to Bandra station.
The corridor is proposed to cover a 32-km stretch from Charkop to Bandra to Mankhurd, and is expected to be constructed at the cost of Rs 8,250 crore. The Mumbai Metro Transport Private Limited (MMTPL), a special-purpose vehicle for setting up the
corridor, is in the process of finalizing the alignment. MMRDA officials said that designs for the final alignment were yet to be frozen and recommendations for changes in the proposed alignment could be discussed and explored.
MMTPL achieved financial closure for the project recently, and work on the corridor is expected to begin next month. It is scheduled for completion by December 2015.

shanware no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2011, 09:37 AM   #4716
KalpK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 51
Likes (Received): 0



Uploaded with ImageShack.us



Uploaded with ImageShack.us
KalpK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2011, 03:03 PM   #4717
rsrikanth05
Curry Muncher
 
rsrikanth05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Jholawala's Jhola
Posts: 8,372
Likes (Received): 867

What's the status of the WEH Cable stay?
rsrikanth05 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2011, 06:41 AM   #4718
anujkb
Man at work!
 
anujkb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 535
Likes (Received): 12

first photograph of # 4716
anujkb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2011, 08:08 AM   #4719
rsrikanth05
Curry Muncher
 
rsrikanth05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Jholawala's Jhola
Posts: 8,372
Likes (Received): 867

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujkb
first photograph of # 4716
Not gone beyond that??
How soon do you think it will be done.
rsrikanth05 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2011, 08:51 AM   #4720
Indiadreams
indiadreams
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,967
Likes (Received): 665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombay2Calcutta View Post
METRO-2 MAY BYPASS BANDRA STATION ROAD

To Avoid Land Acquisition Problems, Chief Sec Proposes Alternative Route That Includes Mahim

Sandeep Ashar & Ashley Dmello | TNN
Ridiculous and again almost not feasible. It will obstruct traffic flow to /from the island city into the suburbs during construction . And will cost Mumbai Economy severely. And that area cannot take any more elevated strcutures. The roads are already very narrow.

And will they do the same for all the problems that might come up in Kurla and Mankhurd. First they have todo a proper survey on land acquaiistion before starting.
Indiadreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
mumbai

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.2.5 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu