daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 13th, 2011, 04:43 PM   #2981
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28342

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAMBLE View Post
Client + cash = build

Client + early cash = early build
Client + late cash = late build

(i guess!)
no Client + no cash = no build
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 13th, 2011, 04:51 PM   #2982
itchy

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
read dubai subforums and find out for yourself how filled they are with pissed off investors who left with nothing
All I will say is I have a newfound appreciation for Econ 101 supply and demand.
itchy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2011, 08:23 PM   #2983
luiiss

Likes (Received): 0

saludos a dubai.. desde mexico ;D
luiiss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 05:54 AM   #2984
Imre
Dubai

Likes (Received): 315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Offereins View Post
no Client + no cash = no build
Comment from the UAE section:

Quote:
Originally Posted by agod View Post
You might like to see a couple of things that Trident have done, beleive me their are Many, Many, more...........if you are involved with them be it Contractor or Buyer, please be aware of the way they do Business, or more likely the way they dont.

OPEN LETTER TO THE CHAIRMAN

To All Trident/Tricare Homeowners, & Tenants.

Please take a look at Trident Internationals Chairman.

http://gulfnews.com/life-style/peopl...uccess-1.25516

He really sounds like a lovely man, beautiful wife and children, good luck to him and his success.

But, is his success built on the misery of of his customers, does he know at this moment with Eid approaching his Management team have decided to bully everyone on Marinascape into submission, by turning of the Lobby Lights, Landing Lights and stopping three of the Lifts, we also have endured having our Access Cards Cancelled, thus denying us the legal right to our homes, and today’s torture is the threat of the chiller water being cut.

Most parts of the property, including the swimming pool, I say pool, in the singular, because we were promised in all the Sale’s Literature another one, the Aqua Centro, with Gym and Sauna, and Squash Courts, but have never been allowed to use that Facility from the day it was built, does he know of the email from RERA stating that NO DISCONNECTION IS ALLOWED, does he know that his team continue to call us defaulters when we are not, we are Non-Payers, because long before any fees where due, we collectively stopped payment, because of the total lack of services, that were never provided.

We have always been happy to pay, if the services we were promised, were ever delivered, does he know after many letters and emails, to try to find a way forward, we are still waiting on replies from his company, does he know that whilst his team have denied us the full Owners (Required by Law) contact list, they quite happily sent to everyone a fraudulent letter from an old Trident Employee, (because they have the full owner’s list) Yusuf Surmawala, extolling the excellence of his own company, and trying to fool everyone into thinking how great the Trident Brand was, and how bad he thought we were, the Elected Interim HOA Board when in reality we were just trying to do our job.
Does he know that his Team, are still taking an extortionate 5000 Dirhams, from Owners who want their Title Deeds, and his Team, have continually lied to them on when they would be delivered, does he know his Wonderful Development Marinascape, has not had a Facade clean since September 2009, and Avant Tower has the dirtiest Banner in Dubai, hanging from its side, with the Trident name on it, is this how he wants his company to be perceived.

Does he know 3 days after a fire in a restaurant below Avant Tower, his security Guards were more than hopeless, and his team sent an email out to all owners, informing them that Tricare had acted superbly and the 2 Towers were evacuated, not true, does he not think as a caring man, that to deny us lighting just a few days after the Avant Tower was filled with smoke, that his management team are added to the fear of the Residents, should another fire occur, and the place is in darkness, Panic would set in, as Residents tried to Evacuate the Building in the dark, with a very great risk to life.

Mr Wazir Ali Daredia you may think that all is right with your Company and its employees, but your customers are beginning to think otherwise, your company's reputation is slipping fast, as we all wake up to the nightmare that is becoming a Guantanamo Bay, or as your Management team call it, Marinascape.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Interim HOA Representative

p.s. Dear Mr Ali Daredia, I sign my letters unlike your team, who very rarely do, and remain faceless, if this letter does reach you, I hope my assumption of you as a decent and honourable man, who has some kind of Integrity, will see sense, and stop this now.

The JOPD Board went and paid the Property DEWA bill to stop us being Dis-Connected.
Letter from Jeevan, head of ECM, who found the same problems as us in dealing with them.

Dear All,
I must say with honesty that I have yet to meet a more committed, proactive and united Board like MarinaScape. You guys have really put in so much effort and your own funds when times have been tough. And in times of crisis, a Chairman who reaches out into his own pocket to save the community is commendable by any standard and a mark of real leadership. Needless to say, the owners are very fortunate to have such a Board and I believe they need to know what you have all done and continue to do on behalf of the community. The story needs to be told.

When I spoke to Trident today, I was very disappointed to note their attitude, obviously uncaring and callous to say the least. I have already informed Ahmed Hamdani of what happened today and how the Board has saved the day. It isn’t surprising to me how each Board of a Trident community we have met so far (Bayside, Waterfront, Grand Residences) all have only one intention – to get rid of Trident. I asked Amjad Khan, the Trident Finance Manager if they feel any shame, but I guess he is on a different wavelength.

I made it clear to him, that we expect them to pay up for the utilities NOW since the invoices have gone out and after my lengthy discussion, he promised he will discuss with his bosses to see if they are willing to pay. However, I’m not holding my breath.

I believe the Board should put all that has happened in writing sending it to RERA to keep on record. For my part I will continue to inform RERA of what is happening here, so that they very well aware of what’s happening and who the real culprits are. Hopefully some action will be taken soon by them.

Kind regards,
Jeevan J D’Mello
Emaar Community Management
Imre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 06:06 AM   #2985
liwanues

Likes (Received): 0

great
liwanues no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 05:49 PM   #2986
TowerFreak95
verrückt nach Hochhäusern

Likes (Received): 4

Did the status of the Pentominium returned to U/C or it's still on hold?
If it is still on hold the status in the title should be changed to On Hold until the construction work continues.

I also looked forward for this great tower!
TowerFreak95 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 10:17 PM   #2987
PrincessTower
Tallest Block Resident

Likes (Received): 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by liwanues View Post
great
great.
PrincessTower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2011, 02:52 PM   #2988
Dan Hochhaus
highrise addicted

Likes (Received): 35

Not great. Here's a street view... no workers, Trident sign still up there, but that's worth nothing, I guess.

15 August 2011 by amplesou or 234sale from www.skyscraperlist.com:

Old August 16th, 2011, 03:06 PM   #2989
Senju
minami.senju on STEAM

Likes (Received): 6

I am starting to give up on enjoying skyscrapers as a hobby. I mean...every time I get excited about a new construction building going up or planned, it stops. It is not fun any more.
Senju no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2011, 04:21 PM   #2990
germantower
i ♥ NY

Likes (Received): 1155

I am still very confused by the sudden events ocuring around this towers construction. I mean, what can we expect? A restart, or rather something more striking? Since this was my fav project in Dubai, i am still kinda interested what will happen with it. Allthough the recent shit, that happened related to Trident, makes me enjoy this building's construction less than before.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Old August 16th, 2011, 08:54 PM   #2991
Dirty new yorker

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by germantower
I am still very confused by the sudden events ocuring around this towers construction. I mean, what can we expect? A restart, or rather something more striking? Since this was my fav project in Dubai, i am still kinda interested what will happen with it. Allthough the recent shit, that happened related to Trident, makes me enjoy this building's construction less than before.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
I got myself very worked up too, now I'm kinda pissed. I should have expected this though. If this somehow starts up again, then I'll be more excited than ever.
Old August 16th, 2011, 11:50 PM   #2992
luci203

Likes (Received): 1202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senju View Post
I am starting to give up on enjoying skyscrapers as a hobby. I mean...every time I get excited about a new construction building going up or planned, it stops. It is not fun any more.
The ugly ones are still rising.
Old August 17th, 2011, 12:31 AM   #2993
parsonsnose
BANNED

Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senju View Post
There's always the shanghai tower to watch, that should be interesting enough for anybody. Anyway china's where it's at now as far as building supertall is concerned. Maybe we could persuade Imre to learn chinese and scoot off over there so we could still see his great updates.
parsonsnose no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 12:49 PM   #2994
charles54
ARCHITECT

Likes (Received): 39

relax im sure its just due to Ramadan are they any workers at night??
charles54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 01:32 PM   #2995
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2627

BRAMBLE has already denied that this has anything to do with Ramadan.
droneriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 04:11 PM   #2996
charles54
ARCHITECT

Likes (Received): 39

i dont think its just coincidence that the tower has stopped construction just when Ramadan started but since the tower has made no progress you may be right.
charles54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 04:32 PM   #2997
miau
ausgewachsene mörderkatze

Likes (Received): 5320

Why should the Ramadan seriously affect any construction in Dubai? I cannot believe that any company could afford a delay due to religious issues. Also, most workers there are south asian, right?
Old August 17th, 2011, 08:52 PM   #2998
Imre
Dubai

Likes (Received): 315

This is a holy month for muslim people and nobody cares about the construction progress , construction companies/developers should calculate with The Ramadan and Summer break .

This project has nothing with the Ramadan, developer money just gone and as I have heard it will be ON HOLD for a long... so forget this project now..
Imre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 04:38 AM   #2999
Daireon
The lunatic is in my head

Likes (Received): 5558

good to see 23rd floor going up Love this one!
Old August 19th, 2011, 04:45 AM   #3000
Dirty new yorker

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daireon
good to see 23rd floor going up Love this one!
Ummm...

Tags
dubai, marsa dubai, pentominium tower, plot no. 392-567