daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old August 7th, 2009, 09:16 PM   #1361
Parisian Girl
MONACO _ Côte d'Azur
 
Parisian Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: PARIS - Monte Carlo - London
Posts: 16,678
Likes (Received): 2829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Flame View Post
Around 2014? It is hard to tell but I would say maybe even closer to early 2015.If it takes a year from now to start rising above ground (which should be mid-2010) and it rises at the rate of 5 floors a month, it will only take 2 years to reach final floor count. So, if work goes well, it could concievibly be done as early as mid 2013. But, I don't see progress going that fast.
Well, hopefully by the time this tower is out of the ground the whole financial situation will have much improved, so then maybe the progress on the superstructure will be really good. 5 floors a month sounds good to me! At that rate it would be done in no time! Of course, we could speculate for years to come... we do live in very unpredictable times... so we'll just have to sit back and watch how things turn out from this point on.

I'm just over the moon that work is finally starting here soon.
Parisian Girl no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 7th, 2009, 09:23 PM   #1362
BRAMBLE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 164
Likes (Received): 18

[QUOTE=Parisian Girl;40938086]Fantastic news! Can't wait for that day!

Thx Imre[/QUOTE]


Hi PG,

piles are under ramp, its purely there for access and egress.

Perhaps ACC are employing Swissboring at the moment!

I will ask my contact regarding the completion date, but the last i heard was that it was a 52 month job....

That hole is all the Pentominiums!!!!!!!

What spire?
BRAMBLE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2009, 09:39 PM   #1363
Parisian Girl
MONACO _ Côte d'Azur
 
Parisian Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: PARIS - Monte Carlo - London
Posts: 16,678
Likes (Received): 2829

[QUOTE=BRAMBLE;40941120]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parisian Girl View Post
Fantastic news! Can't wait for that day!

Thx Imre[/QUOTE]


Hi PG,

piles are under ramp, its purely there for access and egress.

Perhaps ACC are employing Swissboring at the moment!

I will ask my contact regarding the completion date, but the last i heard was that it was a 52 month job....

That hole is all the Pentominiums!!!!!!!

What spire?
Hi BRAMBLE,

Yes, I've figured that part out all by myself thank you! I just couldn't see them climbing up and down ladders to get into the site!

Does this "52 month job" include time spent on the raft/basement levels? I'm thinking it must do of course.

Has the spire been removed from the plans after all?
Parisian Girl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2009, 10:16 PM   #1364
Imre
Dubai
 
Imre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Dubai
Posts: 40,564
Likes (Received): 315

07/August/2009

The Pentominium

more pics

[IMG]http://i26.************/35bytmt.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i25.************/25rcle9.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i27.************/2v3ljyc.jpg[/IMG]
Imre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2009, 02:41 AM   #1365
King of Construction
skyscraperized
 
King of Construction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kelpen-Oler
Posts: 801
Likes (Received): 254

Why is the projects status U/C, shouldn't it be on hold. I never see workers in any of the pictures and ther is no visual progress.
__________________
As finishing touch, God created the Dutch

Visited countries: Austria-Belgium-Bosnia & Herzegovina-Bulgaria-Canada-Croatia-Czech Republic-England-France-Germany-Greece-Hong Kong-Italy-Liechtenstein- Luxembourg
Malaysia-Montenegro-Morocco-the Netherlands-Poland-Serbia-Singapore-Spain- Switzerland-Turkey-United Arab Emirates-United States of America-Wales
King of Construction no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2009, 03:30 AM   #1366
Parisian Girl
MONACO _ Côte d'Azur
 
Parisian Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: PARIS - Monte Carlo - London
Posts: 16,678
Likes (Received): 2829

There may not be anyone in those photos, but it's still U/C. Piling is done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imre View Post
dewatering still in progress, I spoke with the watchman and he confirmed that the ACC coming soon

07/August/2009
Parisian Girl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2009, 07:38 AM   #1367
BRAMBLE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 164
Likes (Received): 18

[QUOTE=Parisian Girl;40941648]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAMBLE View Post

Hi BRAMBLE,

Yes, I've figured that part out all by myself thank you! I just couldn't see them climbing up and down ladders to get into the site!

Does this "52 month job" include time spent on the raft/basement levels? I'm thinking it must do of course.

Has the spire been removed from the plans after all?
Hi PG,

52 months from now.

No spire on the drawings..they may introduce it later.

Works on Pento site tend to be between 3pm and 11pm due to offsite restrictions of other Contractors.

Its gathering pace....
BRAMBLE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2009, 01:03 PM   #1368
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!
 
malec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cork
Posts: 9,598
Likes (Received): 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Construction View Post
Why is the projects status U/C, shouldn't it be on hold. I never see workers in any of the pictures and ther is no visual progress.
That's because the pictures are usually taken on a friday which is a day off.
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2009, 01:13 PM   #1369
Spaner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 18
Likes (Received): 0

Wow.. Dubai certainly is trying to grab every record!
Spaner no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2009, 02:32 PM   #1370
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!
 
malec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cork
Posts: 9,598
Likes (Received): 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAMBLE View Post
What spire?
They added it last year

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzybonita View Post
We need some render DUBAI ADDICTION

malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2009, 08:48 PM   #1371
venom6
Registered User
 
venom6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: BUD-VIE
Posts: 3,154
Likes (Received): 1302

Great project! Dubai dont knows the word "impossible"
__________________
Metro 1 | Metro 2 | Metro 3 | Metro 4 | Metro 5
venom6 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2009, 09:03 PM   #1372
Real wannabe
Registered User
 
Real wannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 14
Likes (Received): 0

awesome... its really something...
__________________
the future starts right here
Real wannabe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2009, 04:39 AM   #1373
Parisian Girl
MONACO _ Côte d'Azur
 
Parisian Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: PARIS - Monte Carlo - London
Posts: 16,678
Likes (Received): 2829

[QUOTE=BRAMBLE;40960748]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parisian Girl View Post

Hi PG,

52 months from now.

No spire on the drawings..they may introduce it later.

Works on Pento site tend to be between 3pm and 11pm due to offsite restrictions of other Contractors.

Its gathering pace....
Hi BRAMBLE,

Thx for the info.

But wasn't the spire introduced long time ago? Clearly seen in the render above, posted by malec [originally by bizzybonita].
Parisian Girl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2009, 07:55 AM   #1374
BRAMBLE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 164
Likes (Received): 18

[QUOTE=Parisian Girl;40996934]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAMBLE View Post

Hi BRAMBLE,

Thx for the info.

But wasn't the spire introduced long time ago? Clearly seen in the render above, posted by malec [originally by bizzybonita].
Hi PG,

whats shown on a render and what is on the Construction drawings are two different things.
I am told that permission has yet to be granted for the spire, so at the moment it doesnt exist. It may be introduced in the future.
BRAMBLE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2009, 03:29 PM   #1375
DinoVabec
Worldwide
 
DinoVabec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In the clouds
Posts: 5,900
Likes (Received): 752

I'm happy about that...
__________________
There are two rules for success:
1. Never tell everything you know.
-Roger H. Lincoln
DinoVabec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2009, 03:39 AM   #1376
Parisian Girl
MONACO _ Côte d'Azur
 
Parisian Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: PARIS - Monte Carlo - London
Posts: 16,678
Likes (Received): 2829

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAMBLE View Post

Hi PG,

whats shown on a render and what is on the Construction drawings are two different things.
I am told that permission has yet to be granted for the spire, so at the moment it doesnt exist. It may be introduced in the future.
Hi BRAMBLE,

That's true, of course, as my own father is an architect.

I was just under the impression all along though - along with almost everyone else here too I suppose - that the spire was a done deal! Didn't realize that it was still not official yet.. If this is true, then I really do hope that the spire will be introduced, even at the very last stage of topping out, as I think it's just beautiful. The spire really completes the building IMO.
Parisian Girl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2009, 03:41 AM   #1377
Parisian Girl
MONACO _ Côte d'Azur
 
Parisian Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: PARIS - Monte Carlo - London
Posts: 16,678
Likes (Received): 2829

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoVabec View Post
I'm happy about that...
Happy about what? No spire or yes spire??
Parisian Girl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2009, 06:46 AM   #1378
Sentient Seas
Industrial Twilight
 
Sentient Seas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,097
Likes (Received): 42

I love the design of this one. It's going to be quite a monster.
__________________
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
Sentient Seas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2009, 06:58 AM   #1379
Senju
minami.senju on STEAM
 
Senju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 364
Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imre View Post
dewatering still in progress, I spoke with the watchman and he confirmed that the ACC coming soon
Thanks for the great news and update Imre!
__________________
SENJU
********************
SENJU Supertall Blog
********************
Senju no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2009, 07:02 AM   #1380
Senju
minami.senju on STEAM
 
Senju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 364
Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parisian Girl View Post
Hi BRAMBLE,

That's true, of course, as my own father is an architect.

I was just under the impression all along though - along with almost everyone else here too I suppose - that the spire was a done deal! Didn't realize that it was still not official yet.. If this is true, then I really do hope that the spire will be introduced, even at the very last stage of topping out, as I think it's just beautiful. The spire really completes the building IMO.
You know, at first, I really did not like spire being introduced. It gave me an impression of cheating for height. However, this design (with the spire) has grown on me (...it took several months...) but I now actually want it to be built after all. The way they designed it makes it really cool looking. I do hope they go ahead and add it.
__________________
SENJU
********************
SENJU Supertall Blog
********************
Senju no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
dubai, marsa dubai, pentominium tower, plot no. 392-567

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu