daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 21st, 2011, 12:42 PM   #2361
Cicerón
Espere verde

Likes (Received): 53

I've just discovered this

2010 traffic (AADT) maps for the main Spanish roads (autopistas, autovías and national roads):

http://www.fomento.gob.es/MFOM/LANG_...ES/MAPAS/2010/

Accesos = Approach roads
Pesados = Heavy vehicles
Velocidades = Speeds
Cicerón no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 21st, 2011, 01:18 PM   #2362
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Fantastic! I've been waiting for something like this for years
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2011, 02:32 PM   #2363
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Damn AP-7 near Vera carries only 1700 vehicles per day. Useless motorway. The toll-free A-7 runs parallel to it and carries a decent 30 000 vehicles per day. The busiest motorways are not part of the Fomento network. M-30 still carries some 310 000 vehicles per day.
Old September 21st, 2011, 04:45 PM   #2364
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1936

Useless motorway the AP-7 in Southern Murcia. They should not have built it. Instead, they have to build the A-2 between Montgat and French border (Or at least to Figueres), both N-II and AP-7 or C-32 have AADTs above 20 000 vehicles. But it is a bit difficult to build a new motorway on the Maresme coast (Montgat-Sant Vicenç M.-Tordera), is heavily urbanized...

And I was expecting around 15 000-20 000 vehicles per day on the E07 South of Huesca, and it is at 17 000. And the busiest road in my region, Aragon, is E90 at exit 321, at 64 113 vehicles per day.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2011, 10:29 PM   #2365
treichard

Likes (Received): 0

I didn't expect to see A-7S on the Malaga inset of the Accesos page.
http://cmap.m-plex.com/
treichard no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2011, 12:28 PM   #2366
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Damn AP-7 near Vera carries only 1700 vehicles per day. Useless motorway. The toll-free A-7 runs parallel to it and carries a decent 30 000 vehicles per day. The busiest motorways are not part of the Fomento network. M-30 still carries some 310 000 vehicles per day.

AP-7 (tolled motorway) is part of Ministry network. Only that it is managed by a private entreprise and you have to pay if using... but it is part of the network.
The entreprise will manage it for several years and after those, it is suppose to be managed by the ministry (and free... but it has happened only in a few cases).

M-30 is, today, a "street". It is part of the city of Madrid (not a motorway but a street managed by the municipality). In fact it is called "Calle M-30" (instead of "Autopista M-30")

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2011, 12:37 PM   #2367
ChrisZwolle
Road user

M-30 is a motorway just like AP-2 or A-7. It has motorway signs at every entrance. However, you're right that it is indeed not managed by Fomento, but by the city of Madrid. But this doesn't make it any less of a motorway, it's just owned and operated by someone else.
Old September 22nd, 2011, 03:05 PM   #2368
Cicerón
Espere verde

I'm surprised to see that the LO-20 in Logroño carries more traffic than the BU-30 in Burgos, which is an international route used to go to Portugal, southern Spain and Morocco. But it's true that it's common to find traffic jams at certain hours between the junction with the A-13 and the N-111 giant roundabout.

I'd like to see another AADT map for regional roads too. I'm sure this stretch of the LR-250 carries about 20,000 vehicles/day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post
AP-7 (tolled motorway) is part of Ministry network. Only that it is managed by a private entreprise and you have to pay if using... but it is part of the network.
The entreprise will manage it for several years and after those, it is suppose to be managed by the ministry (and free... but it has happened only in a few cases).

M-30 is, today, a "street". It is part of the city of Madrid (not a motorway but a street managed by the municipality). In fact it is called "Calle M-30" (instead of "Autopista M-30")
That "Calle 30" thing is simply an invention made by the municipality of Madrid for the new, buried M-30. The name "M-30" has always had bad connotations (traffic jams, pollution, barrier effect) so they wanted to show that they turned a motorway into a "street". However the official name is still M-30.

About the AP-7 Cartagena-Vera: It's indeed a useless motorway. As many others, such as the AP-41. The last year a bunch of empty tolled motorways received in total €80M in loans from the Spanish government, because they were actually losing money

Here is the news (note how the word autovía is used, even though all of them are autopista. Both words are becoming synonym): http://www.lavanguardia.com/economia...en-crisis.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by treichard View Post
That purple "7" indicates that the traffic has been measured only the 7% of days corresponding for a primary (non permanent) station. 7% of 42 days is 3 days. Considering it was opened in december 28th, it's exactly 3 days until the end of the year
Old September 22nd, 2011, 04:23 PM   #2369
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
Instead, they have to build the A-2 between Montgat and French border (Or at least to Figueres),
I managed to drive the A-2 section near Girona... when I entered it it was already finished
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2011, 10:07 PM   #2370
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1936

That section that is already completed since 2008 . I travelled it in 2005 when it was N-II and construction works were in progress. As they have duplicated the road, I marked 5 km of A-2 South of Girona as clinched. Like the last kilometer of E07 as motorway before it becomes a road (I have already travelled that).

South of Caldes de Malavella, to Tordera, works were stopped because the company that was building it went to bankrupcy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treichard View Post
AFAIK it will be signed MA-20*, when Hiperronda is completed. E15 will run there.

* Not to be confused with Ma-20 in Palma
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2011, 05:51 PM   #2371
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

"Calle M-30" is really a motorway and after a enourmous refurbishment, we will find no changes in the future.

But in laws there are differences if it is a "street" allowed to run faster than 50 km/h and no pedestrian allowed or a motorway.

For example entrances can be different.

In my city, it was requested to pass part of old N-II to the city instead of the ministry. It was allowed to drive only 50 km/h in that point but the difference was the complex cross for a new neighbourhoud (easieeeeer if depending of the town as a street).

For driving we can consider it is a motorway. For managing and laws it will be different.

Ops... and interesting.... fines will be made by Madrid local police, not the Guardia Civil, as well it is a street.

A very strange case, I agree...

Old September 24th, 2011, 12:01 AM   #2372
Cicerón
Espere verde

The next Monday, most of the new Despeñaperros mountain pass will be open. It will be the whole northbound carriageway and half of the southbound carriageway (Venta de Cárdenas-Aldeaquemada).

Venta de Cárdenas-Aldeaquemada (both carriageways will be open):

Aldeaquemada-Santa Elena (only the northbound carriageway will be open from next Monday):

Source: http://www.ideal.es/jaen/20110922/lo...109221852.html
Old September 24th, 2011, 12:36 AM   #2373
cuartango
A orillas del Arlanzón

Likes (Received): 2098

Is it going to be a toll in that new road?
Old September 24th, 2011, 12:38 AM   #2374
Cicerón
Espere verde

Nope. It will be part of the toll-free A-4.
Old September 24th, 2011, 12:41 AM   #2375
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Are there still plans for AP-41? A toll road from Toledo to Ciudad Real and Córdoba?
Old September 24th, 2011, 02:04 AM   #2376
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

No ones... and from Ciudad Real to Cordoba will be difficult to pass an environment agreement.

At least, A-4 willbe totally refurbished!

Old September 24th, 2011, 12:52 PM   #2377
Boltzman
S = k ln Ω

Quote:
No ones... and from Ciudad Real to Cordoba will be difficult to pass an environment agreement.
Environment agreement?

It won't be built through the Sierra Morena range. It didn't pass the enviromental assessment. It will be probably replaced by a new motorway from Almadén (A-43 - to be built) to Espiel (A-81 towards Córdoba - to be built) along the N-501 national road.

Quote:
At least, A-4 willbe totally refurbished!
Wrong, very long stretches will remain pending refurbishing: A-4 at Toledo province and Despeñaperros to Seville (whole Andalusian stretch).
Boltzman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2011, 01:17 PM   #2378
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltzman View Post

Wrong, very long stretches will remain pending refurbishing: A-4 at Toledo province and Despeñaperros to Seville (whole Andalusian stretch).
you are right. I just wanted to talk to connection to Andalusia but I talked about the whole motorway.

Furthermore... some news about that part:

"New route by Desepeñaperros will be opened on monday"

http://www.ideal.es/jaen/20110922/lo...109221852.html

Old September 24th, 2011, 01:52 PM   #2379
Cicerón
Espere verde

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Are there still plans for AP-41? A toll road from Toledo to Ciudad Real and Córdoba?
Considering the low traffic on most of the new tolled roads, especially the AP-41 Madrid-Toledo which carries about 15% of the forecasted traffic, I doubt it will ever be built. Furthermore, nowadays no company will run the risk of building a Toledo-Ciudad Real-Córdoba motorway since the current road carries much less traffic than the A-42 Madrid-Toledo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltzman View Post
It won't be built through the Sierra Morena range. It didn't pass the enviromental assessment. It will be probably replaced by a new motorway from Almadén (A-43 - to be built) to Espiel (A-81 towards Córdoba - to be built) along the N-501 national road.
Yeah, those are the plans. But I doubt it will be ever built. For the next 10 years I only expect the opening of the motorways that are currently u/c (including those whose construction was stopped), plus the refurbishment of the first-generation autovías, and maybe some urban motorways.

Quote:

"New route by Desepeñaperros will be opened on monday"

http://www.ideal.es/jaen/20110922/lo...109221852.html
I already posted that news (#2373)
Old September 24th, 2011, 03:21 PM   #2380
Coccodrillo

Likes (Received): 767

They should remove all tolls on underutilized motorways, especially the AP-7 Cartagena-Almeria, to divert traffic from nearby roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicerón View Post
The next Monday, most of the new Despeñaperros mountain pass will be open. It will be the whole northbound carriageway and half of the southbound carriageway (Venta de Cárdenas-Aldeaquemada).
When will the remaining part be opened? And what will be done woth the old carriageways, quite good on some parts?

für Güter die Bahn ~ pour vos marchandises le rail ~ chi dice merci dice ferrovia
Coccodrillo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida