daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 19th, 2011, 07:35 PM   #2461
Cicerón
Espere verde

Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by J N Winkler View Post
I have had some experience with all of these methods of getting access to proyectos.[...]
Well, you were more or less lucky. I once wanted to see a construction project for a footbridge in Logroño that has not been built yet. I went to the Ayuntamiento, asked in 3 different windows, went to the archives, visited 2 offices, and finally visited the Head of urban planning that told me to go to the office of Contracting for municipal projects. At least all the people I met were friendly

Quote:
Close--it was actually the Luko-Arlaban tramo (essentially, N-240 just north of Vitoria northeast to the Gipuzkoa provincial boundary) and the drawing chopblocks, which were bilingual Spanish/Basque, all said "Diputación Foral de Álava" in Spanish. I stopped keeping track of the project once I filed the documentation, but I think this length was handed over to Arabat for operation (including toll collection) and maintenance. (I can't get to the Arabat website to check right now--I get a "Service Unavailable" error message.)
From http://www.arabat.org/wcastellano/somos.asp

(I used Google translator)

Quote:
Arabat, Arabako Bideak-Vías de Álava, S.A., is a subsidiary of the Department of Public Works and Transportation of the Provincial Council of Alava, aimed at the preservation, maintenance, operation and safety of the Vitoria-Eibar motorway to its passage through the Historical Territory of Álava.

[...]

Arabako Bideak-Vías de Álava S.A. emerged in 2003 as a public corporation responsible for the construction of the AP-1 in Álava. From the opening of the motorway on May 22, 2009, Arabat has begun a new phase, in which the main issue is the security and maintenance of this road in order to provide the best service to users and to further enhance the connectivity of the AP-1.

Quote:
Google Maps does have it down as AP-1. The proyecto de construcción referred to it as A-1, but it was compiled before autovía and autopista renumbering. I was under the impression, however, that this renumbering did not extend to the Basque Country and therefore their autovías were still numbered as carreteras nacionales and that their autopistas had A- (as opposed to AP-) numbers. Is the latter not correct?
The Basques simply didn't want to spend money on new signs. However the new parts of the AP-8 (such as the Supersur in Bilbao and the new San Sebastián bypass) are signed as AP-8. Since most of the Vitoria-Éibar part of the AP-1 was opened after the renumbering, it has always had the AP-1 kilometerposts.

Anyway road numbering in the Basque country is a mess. The A-15 has always been called "Autovía de Leitzaran", but it's signed as an autopista. Some autopistas in Biscay are numbered like regional roads, such as the BI-636, the GI-632 in Gipuzkoa and a bunch of motorways in the Bilbao and San Sebastián metro areas. Plus, some autovías keep the old "N-" number.

The A-1 in Álava is simply a madness. I'll quote myself from the Spanish forum:

-From Miranda de Ebro to the southern border Treviño (recently refurbished) the signs say A-1, the kilometerposts are blue and say A-1.

-From the northern border of Treviño to the East of Vitoria the signs say N-I (old autovía signage: blue letters over white background), but the kilometerposts say A-1 (it seems they've put a sticker, as the background is still white).

-From the East of Vitoria to the border with Navarre the kilometerposts say N-I and the signs too.
Cicerón no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 19th, 2011, 08:54 PM   #2462
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Google Maps does have it down as AP-1. The proyecto de construcción referred to it as A-1, but it was compiled before autovía and autopista renumbering. I was under the impression, however, that this renumbering did not extend to the Basque Country and therefore their autovías were still numbered as carreteras nacionales and that their autopistas had A- (as opposed to AP-) numbers. Is the latter not correct?

The renumbering is only for Ministry roads (this is... except Navarra and Basque Country... and islands), but in general, those roads or motorways that start or finish at Navarra or Basque country and continues outside their territory, they are used to have the same number that in the rest of Spain. Easier for drivers... but there are two different administrations who put the number to the "same" road.

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2011, 10:36 PM   #2463
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:

In the summer of 2010 I visited a couple of demarcaciónes in search of proyectos for motorways. At the first one I visited, I was asked to come back later the same day, and when I returned, I was allowed to transfer the contents of CDs for three proyectos to my laptop. At the second one, I was taken to the records office, where I was told that I needed to contact person X to see whether access could be granted. When I emailed X, he told me that he could not grant access on his own authority and suggested that I should take my request to Y, the jefe de demarcación. I wrote a paper letter to Y identifying the proyectos I wanted, noting that they pertained to completed work, and explaining why I wanted to see them. Y wrote back several days later, agreeing that the proyectos were indeed archived. But, he said, since I had not specified a legal interest in the information contained in the proyectos, he could not grant me access to them. I considered taking the issue to a higher level but did not do so because the Constitution guarantees access only to citizens and I felt I was already on shaky ground since I am not a citizen of Spain.

I am not a lawyer but Spanish Constitution makes reference to UE citizens as well as any administration has to give the same rights to all UE citizens.

There is an institution devoted to protect citizens over administrations. All administrations have agreement to colaborate with it. And all regional governments have their own one added. It is called "Defensor del pueblo español".

I've written twice or three times to the institution in my region and once to the Spanish one.
In the case of Spanish time, no solution but they gave me a lot of information about how to operate (numbering laws to apply, procedures, where I had reason...). They are not judges, but they can help you.

You can send a form by normal post or by its web form. They have a little translation of their page to English and French (and the rest of official languages in Spain) but forms must be written in Spanish. They consider you can live abroad Spain as far as they put how you have to write your direction if you live or do not live at Spain.

Be sure that if you write your complain you will receive an answer in a month, more or less. They request no more than two pages at the form (and you can attach files if via web-form) and I recommend you to write as many information as you can, details, etc...

Old October 19th, 2011, 10:37 PM   #2464
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Ops.... the web page is this:

http://www.defensordelpueblo.es/es/index.html

On the top, there is a short English version, even if they advice you must use the Spanish version to write a form.

Old October 19th, 2011, 11:48 PM   #2465
J N Winkler
Road enthusiast

Likes (Received): 1

I will have a look at it. It was actually the defensor del pueblo in Navarre which issued the odd judgment requiring redaction of engineers' names, so that was part of the reason I didn't consider appealing to the national ombudsman back in June 2010 when my request was refused. (As an aside, defensor del pueblo in Spanish = ombudsman in English.) I still have the letter I wrote to the jefe de demarcación, dated 14 June 2010 (and written in Spanish), but after a lapse of 16 months I suspect I would need to start again with the demarcación.
J N Winkler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2011, 08:25 PM   #2466
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19426

8 kilometers of A-21 in the northern Pyrenees mountains will be opened tomorrow:

http://www.abc.es/agencias/noticia.asp?noticia=968765
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2011, 10:34 PM   #2467
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Wow Chris... you were first in the news!!! I was waiting for the opening.

I say it because it is one strech in my region and we are not used to have opening and... there will be three this month!!! (someone can think that next month we have general elections???????)

It is the first strech at Aragon of the A-21. In the following days, another one in the A-23 (Jaca-Sabiñanigo) will be opened too.

It is not so much, but helps connections over Pyrenees as well as from Atlantic to Mediterranean.

A-22 is near to be finished, A-21 and A-23 has parts on works and other ones very advanced. Maybe in the 2016 more or less it will be possible to travel almost free toll from San Sebastian to Tarragona, as well as it is the shortest way:

A-1, A-15, AP-15, A-21, A-23, A-22, A-2, AP-2 and A-27... full numbers of motorways from San Sebastian to Tarragona when finished. Only two streches tolled.

Old October 20th, 2011, 11:51 PM   #2468
Viva_Bulgaria
Proud to be a Bulgarian

Likes (Received): 3925

It is good to see progress on the Autovía del Pirineo

But speaking of elections I can say a difference between Bulgaria and Spain - here they "promise" new motorways, in Spain the "inaugurate" new ones. So, your way is better
Viva_Bulgaria no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2011, 06:15 AM   #2469
OriK
Usuario Registrado

Likes (Received): 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva_Bulgaria View Post

But speaking of elections I can say a difference between Bulgaria and Spain - here they "promise" new motorways, in Spain the "inaugurate" new ones. So, your way is better
Hahahaha, if they were keeping all their promisses here we wouldn't have any sq meter free of asphalt hahaha.

For example in the 90's they "promissed" an underground network of motorways under Madrid city with direct links to underground parkings (to avoid urban traffic).

It would have been an interesting project but luckily they came to their sense!! Furthermore the motorways network was viable (the M-30 is a proof of it) but those huge underground parkings was not.

Other weird (and not accomplished) promissed projects include maglev trains crossing the Madrid metropolitan area in minutes or make underground almost every single km of railways... (we love underground things in Spain! haha)
OriK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2011, 05:40 PM   #2470
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva_Bulgaria View Post

Not always... I can make a full list of motorways "promised" and not started yet.

And the list will be hughe

Old October 21st, 2011, 05:51 PM   #2471
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

A little image that can help... this WILL be the situation (forecast) of Pamplona-Lerida in February 2012, considering the strech opened today, another one to be open this month and someones more in the following months.

Take a look that:

- It is the shortest and fastest way from Lerida to Pamplona (more than AP-15, AP-68, AP-2). It is the shortest way also from San Sebastian to anywhere of Catalonia
- Free tolled (except if, for instance, Irurzun-Pamplona and Lerida-Monblanc, if destination is Tarragona or southern)
- A good option from south west France to several destinations
- And... just 20 km away from internationa Somport tunnel (from Jaca)

Old October 25th, 2011, 06:09 PM   #2472
Cicerón
Espere verde

Newer pictures of the new A-7 (Hiperronda) and AP-46 in Málaga.

It seems that they are still using the old painting style.

Old October 25th, 2011, 07:47 PM   #2473
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Some days ago I posted a map about forecasted situation between Lerida and Pamplona in winter 2012.

Today the strech between Jaca east and Sabiñánigo west (A-23) is open!.

A new strech.

About the rest... there are three or four that can be opened in less than one year but other ones which will require more than several years working there.

P.S. Motorway arrives now only 20 km south from Somport tunnel.

Old October 26th, 2011, 11:13 AM   #2474
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

And another news...

The central strech of this image I posted several years ago was opened yesterday (Jaca-Sabiñánigo)

I link a news in a local newspaper. http://www.heraldo.es/noticias/huesc...62350_302.html

There are too many kilometres of road between Huesca and Pamplona but seems to be a good option.

And you can see the distance from the motorway to the border with France and Somport tunnel

Old October 27th, 2011, 05:48 PM   #2475
Cicerón
Espere verde

Aerial pictures of the new A-7 opened today and AP-46, to be opened tomorrow.

Old October 27th, 2011, 07:01 PM   #2476
ChrisZwolle
Road user

The final section of A-7 south of Alcoy will also be opened tomorrow. It will provide a continuous toll-free link between Alicante and Valencia.
Old October 27th, 2011, 07:19 PM   #2477
mmmartin

Likes (Received): 1

Motorway picture taken by landing on Madrid Barajas on Sep 12th. Which motorways are that?

Old October 27th, 2011, 07:25 PM   #2478
CasaMor
Africator | Moroccator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicerón View Post
Aerial pictures of the new A-7 opened today and AP-46, to be opened tomorrow.
I was wondering what is it. I saw the works last June before landing at the Malaga airport. Now I know.
Old October 27th, 2011, 08:17 PM   #2479
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmartin View Post
Motorway picture taken by landing on Madrid Barajas on Sep 12th. Which motorways are that?
M-45 branches off M-50 here. M-50 goes left, M-45 straight ahead. Immediately south of San Fernando de Henares.
Old October 28th, 2011, 01:44 AM   #2480
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
The final section of A-7 south of Alcoy will also be opened tomorrow. It will provide a continuous toll-free link between Alicante and Valencia.

Further more... Alicante and northern Castellon right now (with the own A-7 and CV-10). It is planned to arrive to La Jara.

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida