daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 28th, 2011, 01:45 AM   #2481
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
M-45 branches off M-50 here. M-50 goes left, M-45 straight ahead. Immediately south of San Fernando de Henares.

Which point exactly?

The cross of M-45/M-50 with A-2 is commun. This is... side lanes are M-45 and central lanes are M-50 for about three km.

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 28th, 2011, 04:53 PM   #2482
willo
Me&Me

Likes (Received): 13

this point (i have passed by there today back from the airport )

http://maps.google.es/maps?hl=es&ll=...h&z=15&vpsrc=6
willo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2011, 02:16 AM   #2483
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Aren't side lanes as M-45 and central lanes as M-50?

Old November 4th, 2011, 08:44 PM   #2484
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1932

It's the way around. Side lanes are M-50, and central lanes are M-45.

Now for a construction update on E07: Some sections could open next year. And about the Isuela gorge-Arguis section, that is already drawn on Google Maps, I said that works hadn't started yet. My mistake, actually works HAD started, but stopped due to budget cuts. Apparently they have resumed works on that section, possibly the most complicated one of E07 between Huesca and Jaca.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2011, 09:13 PM   #2485
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
Now for a construction update on E07: Some sections could open next year. And about the Isuela gorge-Arguis section, that is already drawn on Google Maps, I said that works hadn't started yet. My mistake, actually works HAD started, but stopped due to budget cuts. Apparently they have resumed works on that section, possibly the most complicated one of E07 between Huesca and Jaca.

According to CNGL I put more information in detail.

Two weeks ago I posted this map made by myself in this thread

Looking from Huesca, the first 10 km are opened since year 2001.
Later, next section: Nueno - Isuela Gorge, 5 km long, had first km opened last march and the other 4 km will be opened next year according to a news appeared today (It is wroten in the Aragonese roads thread). But do not know if January 2012 or (more possible) December 2012.

Works are really advanced and it is in between of the mountains. Being a motorway, the full part in these mountains will have a speed limit of 80 km/h (120 km/h out of mountains sections)

Later... the section that CNGL comments: Isuela gorge-Arguis. There are only two km but most of them are little tunnels. Gorge is very narrow there and requires several little tunnels.
It is a section with works that go very slow.

Further... Arguis-Monrepos mountain pass. It will have a 3 km tunnel and works go on always but it is the most difficult part of all the motorway.

Later... there are sections very advanced and other ones almost stopped. There is not a similar advance in the full motorway. In fact, the section Sabiñanigo-Jaca was opened to traffic last month (as it appears in the map)

Old November 8th, 2011, 10:13 PM   #2486
Atruxo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

One of the most difficult to build Motorways/Autovías in Spain, due to the extreme difficulty of the terrain.
It runs along the far north of the peninsula from east to west, linking Euskadi near the border with France, in the East, through Cantabria and Asturias, with Galicia in the west. Runs parallel to the coast of Mar Cantábrico and then links with the A-6 and AP-9 that connects us to the Atlantic Coast. (Galice has 2 seas: Cantábrico and Atlantic Ocean). Runs along the Green Spain, all the way you do not stop to see the landscape green and blue sea.

Autovía del Cantábrico A-8 (486km ) Free.
Autopista/Motorway del Cantábrico AP-8 (116km.) Tolled.

Total: 602km.

Remaining sections that are not in service, but soon will be opened.
Section Name State (2011) km

Cantabria:
Solares - La Encina. ¿Works contract rescinded? (22-7-2010) (opening 2014/2015) 13.5
La Encina - Torrelavega. ¿Works contract rescinded? (22-7-2010) (opening 2014/2015) 14.5

Eastern Asturias:
Unquera - Pendueles In works (opening later than 2012) 11.6
Pendueles - Llanes In works (opening throughout 2012) 10.9

Western Asturias:
Muros del Nalón - Las Dueñas In works (before April 2012) 8.2
Otur - Villapedre In works (opening 2013) 9.2
Navia - Tapia In works (before April 2012) 11.9

Galice/Galiza:
Lourenzá - Mondoñedo In works (open 1km, opening December 2011 the remaining 2.6) 3.6
Mondoñedo - Lindín In works (opening 2012) 4.7
Lindín - Carreira In works (opening 2012) 9.3
Atruxo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2011, 12:14 AM   #2487
Atruxo
BANNED

Spanish Central Government Autovías and Motorways located in Galice :

In use: 752km.
In works: 75km.
Planned: 347km.

Xunta de Galicia/Galiza (Autonomous Government of Galice) Autovías and Motorways:

In use: 232km.
In works: 72km.
In licitation: 15km
Planned: 117km

Urban Autovías or 2x2 lanes or more, of the main cities of Galice:

In use: 77km.
In works:14
Planned: sorry, I haven't got data
Old November 9th, 2011, 12:16 AM   #2488
Atruxo
BANNED

A map of the galician general road system showing autovías and motorways.

Estaca de Bares Cape (highest latitude north of iberian peninsula) is the border between Atlantic Ocean and Mar Cantábrico (Bay of Biscay)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by Atruxo; November 9th, 2011 at 12:22 AM.
Old November 10th, 2011, 05:44 PM   #2489
Cicerón
Espere verde

Likes (Received): 53

First stretch of the SE-40 in Seville (10 km between the A-4 and the A-92) will be open this Sunday: http://www.elcorreoweb.es/sevilla/gr...ra/larinconada
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyro2012 View Post
Por fin llegó el día, primer tramo de la SE-40 que en mi opinión va a venir muy bien a dos enlaces bastante saturados de la SE-30:
-Gota de leche. SE30-A4
-Mercasevilla-Centro de transportes. SE30-A92

Y en particular a Heineken le va a venir de fábula que sus camiones puedan salir directamente a la SE-40:

Cicerón no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2011, 01:47 AM   #2490
J N Winkler
Road enthusiast

Likes (Received): 1

Really. I was under the impression this had already been open to traffic for some time, and that the part from the A-1 south and east to the Guadalquivir would be just finishing up. I see (from the "related articles" link) that not only are the trans-Guadalquivir tunnels not under construction, the tunnel boring machine has not yet been shipped from France, and the PSOE is talking about cutting lane count through the tunnels to save about 20% of the project cost.
J N Winkler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2011, 07:37 PM   #2491
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 779

Another in my Questions that Arise While Playing with Google Maps series:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll...src=6&t=m&z=15

Is the A-2122 a Province of Álava number? If so, is it a mistake, or do provinces (and comunidades autónomas) maintain roads outside their borders(say, to connect to an Autopista), or is it a road maintained by the province or comunidad it's in, but carrying another jurisdiction's number for the sake of continuity? There are several other instances of this farther north, in the country along the AP-1. When it kept happening, I started to think maybe it wasn't a mistake and thought I'd ask the question.

Gracias!

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2011, 08:30 PM   #2492
Cicerón
Espere verde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn's Woods View Post
Another in my Questions that Arise While Playing with Google Maps series:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll...src=6&t=m&z=15

Is the A-2122 a Province of Álava number? If so, is it a mistake, or do provinces (and comunidades autónomas) maintain roads outside their borders(say, to connect to an Autopista), or is it a road maintained by the province or comunidad it's in, but carrying another jurisdiction's number for the sake of continuity? There are several other instances of this farther north, in the country along the AP-1. When it kept happening, I started to think maybe it wasn't a mistake and thought I'd ask the question.

Gracias!
Yep, it's a mistake

About regions mantaining roads outside their borders, I know of a road connecting Villarta-Quintana and Quintanar de Rioja that was built a few years ago. The latter hamlet was only accessible from the province of Burgos through a road called BU-V-8108 which started in the N-120 in Castildelgado, then crossed the village of Bascuñana and finally in entered La Rioja under the name of LR-410. Here's the border: http://g.co/maps/z7ysz

The government of La Rioja decided to build a new road from Villarta to Quintanar de Rioja, since Villarta is the 'head' of the municipality of Villarta-Quintana (formed by Villarta, Quintana and Quintanar de Rioja). In july 2006 this road was opened under the name of LR-412.

AFAIK, this road was totally paid by La Rioja, although it still crosses the territory of Burgos. All kilometerposts say LR-412 and it doesn't even have signs indicating the border crossing. Unfortunately this new road does not exist to Google, so only a few meters are available in Street View: http://g.co/maps/msqjb

Old November 13th, 2011, 01:34 PM   #2493
Atruxo
BANNED

I don't know if it's a related question but.. In the case of Alava / Araba have to be careful, as there is a very large territory within the province of Alava, that belongs to Burgos (Castilla y Leon) called Condado de Treviño (Treviño County). A relic of the Middle Ages but is still in force and is for all purposes of Castile, so their roads are in Burgos and has its nomenclatures. Try it with Michelin:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old November 13th, 2011, 07:36 PM   #2494
CNGL
Leudimin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicerón View Post
Yep, it's a mistake

About regions mantaining roads outside their borders, I know of a road connecting Villarta-Quintana and Quintanar de Rioja that was built a few years ago. The latter hamlet was only accessible from the province of Burgos through a road called BU-V-8108 which started in the N-120 in Castildelgado, then crossed the village of Bascuñana and finally in entered La Rioja under the name of LR-410. Here's the border: http://g.co/maps/z7ysz

The government of La Rioja decided to build a new road from Villarta to Quintanar de Rioja, since Villarta is the 'head' of the municipality of Villarta-Quintana (formed by Villarta, Quintana and Quintanar de Rioja). In july 2006 this road was opened under the name of LR-412.

AFAIK, this road was totally paid by La Rioja, although it still crosses the territory of Burgos. All kilometerposts say LR-412 and it doesn't even have signs indicating the border crossing. Unfortunately this new road does not exist to Google, so only a few meters are available in Street View: http://g.co/maps/msqjb
I know another case: The C-1311 (soon to be C-261), maintained by Catalonia but with 140 meters in Aragon, at the western end at N-230 in El Puente de Montañana.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
Old November 13th, 2011, 08:26 PM   #2495
Cicerón
Espere verde

Is it possible to see a list of the new road numbers in Catalonia (not the ICC map)?
Old November 13th, 2011, 08:51 PM   #2496
CNGL
Leudimin

Still no map shows the new numbers.
Old November 13th, 2011, 09:16 PM   #2497
Cicerón
Espere verde

http://www.icc.cat/vissir3/?lang=ca_ES&toponim=C-1311

I see a C-261 below the C-1311

I meant a list, not a map

Anyway: A video of the new SE-40.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyro2012 View Post
Un video con el recorrido completo:

Last edited by Cicerón; November 13th, 2011 at 09:22 PM.
Old November 13th, 2011, 09:26 PM   #2498
CNGL
Leudimin

I made one on Catalan forum: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=2310 (In Catalan, yes I write it!)
Old November 14th, 2011, 08:44 AM   #2499
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

edit

Old November 14th, 2011, 05:36 PM   #2500
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
I know another case: The C-1311 (soon to be C-261), maintained by Catalonia but with 140 meters in Aragon, at the western end at N-230 in El Puente de Montañana.

It is "both used".

This is... Puente de Montañana is at Aragon and in both sides of the river but you can arrive there only crossing that bridge (you can cross also by a pedestrian bridge, but by car, neccessary to cross a little part of Catalonia to make a single way inside the village).

But... the last houses in the village are in the Catalonian side and they need to cross all Aragonese side to go anywhere (or going off-road lanes)

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida