daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 12th, 2012, 02:33 PM   #2641
Cicerón
Espere verde

Likes (Received): 53

New N-260 in Aragón, between Sabiñánigo and Fiscal.

Current road :
Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post
New road: Estimated opening: Spring 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
Pues ahí va una bateria de fotos. Ya me contareís cuando os parece que la abrirán según como están las obras.

Source: http://www.urbanity.es/foro/infraest...aragon-15.html
Cicerón no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 12th, 2012, 02:50 PM   #2642
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19383

Wasn't there a lot of opposition against the A-21 around the Embalse de Yesa? Such a motorway in the Netherlands would be out of the question I guess. People even appeal against it if it's just grassland.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2012, 03:06 PM   #2643
Cicerón
Espere verde

There is some opposition against the enlargement of the Yesa dam: http://www.yesano.com/

I can't remember any opposition against the motorway itself though. Of course there must be some people against it, but for every person against there are 5 in favour.
Old February 13th, 2012, 05:06 PM   #2644
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicerón View Post
A-28, (...)... they make no sense.
I was reading a little bit into the A-28, which is a new number for me. It is supposed to form a north - south route along the east side of Madrid (outside the Comunidad de Madrid), initially from Guadalajara to Tarancón, but the money reserved for 169 kilometers indicates it may start at A-1 north of Madrid.

Together with the A-40 to Ávila, AP-51, AP-61 and a link to A-1 this will form a mega ring road of approximately 550 kilometers around the Madrid region.

In most countries, a route like that wouldn't've made any sense because of the low traffic volumes, but at € 4 million per kilometer anything above a few thousand vehicles per day is already profitable. I've seen two-lane bypasses with roundabouts in the Netherlands being advertised for more money than that. The conclusion is that building motorways in Spain is very cost-effective, even at traffic volumes considered too low in most of Europe.

Traffic volumes in Spain are very low outside the metropolitan areas. Very few long-distance autovías carry more than 20.000 vehicles per day across longer sections. Even A-1, A-2, A-3, A-4, A-5 & A-6 have significant sections with only around 8.000 - 15.000 vehicles per day.

I wonder about the AP-41 though, I think it will go bankrupt because it's a toll road, and relies on toll income for survival. It's hard to believe 1.200 - 1.600 vehicles per day is economically sustainable. It's even less than the infamous AP-7 (Vera - Cartagena). It's also far too expensive, together with a drive across R-5 to Madrid it'll cost you around € 18 per day to make a back-and-forth trip from Toledo to Madrid, while there is a free (and slightly shorter) A-42 available.

Last edited by ChrisZwolle; February 13th, 2012 at 08:45 PM.
Old February 13th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #2645
OriK
Usuario Registrado

Likes (Received): 173

You are right Chris, A-28 will be the East side of that macro-ringroad. It was firstly announced by the regional government (Castilla-La Mancha) and it was only intended to improve the communication between Cuenca and Guadalajara but the central government saw that it could be of national interest so they took the project.

The idea is to create something similar to this:

(Lines are not accurate with the path of the future/existing roads, but you could guess more or less wich cities are going to be connected, I think that the paths from Guadalajara to Segovia and from Toledo to Ávila are going to be way more direct, but they could also try to avoid the mountains... that are on those ways).

to try to avoid as much national traffic as possible throught the crowded and busy Madrid.

P.S and OT: I've moved to Netherlands for ~6months :P I love it! nicely it's getting "warmer" haha.
OriK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2012, 12:11 PM   #2646
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Funny, Xunta de Galicia have their own street view:

http://www.cmati.xunta.es/portal/cidadan/pid/183
Old February 16th, 2012, 02:17 AM   #2647
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Wasn't there a lot of opposition against the A-21 around the Embalse de Yesa? Such a motorway in the Netherlands would be out of the question I guess. People even appeal against it if it's just grassland.
Quote:
There is some opposition against the enlargement of the Yesa dam: http://www.yesano.com/

I can't remember any opposition against the motorway itself though. Of course there must be some people against it, but for every person against there are 5 in favour.

As well as Ciceron says, the opposition was against the enlargement of the Dam, not against the motorway.

Currently there is a 40m heigh dam. There are several proposals, which maximum is 120m heigh of dam. Obviously there are all kind of intermediate proposals, hard and weak points for all of them.

Motorway is designed to be able for any of them (this is, over the highest one).

And... not about roads but about lanes, the old lane of St. James is under that dam. Today it is considered a new lane in the south of the dam as the "official" lane to St. James.

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2012, 05:35 PM   #2648
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Autopista M-203

Does anyone know what is going on with the M-203 between Alcalá de Henares and Mejorada del Campo? I read it's called the "perpetual construction" and I've also seen it dubbed an "utopista". Apparently construction already began in late 2005 or early 2006, but it is still not completed. What's going on there?
Old February 16th, 2012, 05:36 PM   #2649
Bothar.G

Likes (Received): 1

Was the N-332 upgraded to a divided Highway near Guardamar?

Any photos of this?
Bothar.G no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2012, 05:38 PM   #2650
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bothar.G View Post
Was the N-332 upgraded to a divided Highway near Guardamar?
That is the Autovía A-38. The Guardamar - Torrevieja section opened on 26 September 2011 (9.5 km).

I managed to retrieve nearly all opening dates of Spanish autovías and autopistas.
Old February 17th, 2012, 05:28 PM   #2651
Cicerón
Espere verde

Quote:
Does anyone know what is going on with the M-203 between Alcalá de Henares and Mejorada del Campo? I read it's called the "perpetual construction" and I've also seen it dubbed an "utopista". Apparently construction already began in late 2005 or early 2006, but it is still not completed. What's going on there?
The regional government of Madrid gave a concession to Cintra/Ferrovial to build and operate it. Once the works had started, the regional government demanded a change in the project that would increase the budget costs by 20%. The concessionary refused these changes because they didn't want to pay more. Finally it seems that they have come to an agreement and the autopista will be finished by the end of the current year.

Apparently the project had to be modified because the permission to build the tunnel under the High Speed Line Madrid-Barcelona was rejected.

Source: http://www.expansion.com/2009/08/20/...1&t=1329488922

Quote:
That is the Autovía A-38. The Guardamar - Torrevieja section opened on 26 September 2011 (9.5 km).

I managed to retrieve nearly all opening dates of Spanish autovías and autopistas.
The Ministerio de Fomento calls it "Vía Parque", so it is not an autovía. Be careful if you go there as there may be some roundabouts.

I found a picture:

http://www.bajo-segura.com/noticias_...332_250911.htm

A picture of the opening: It's signed as "Carretera N-332":

Last edited by Cicerón; February 17th, 2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old February 17th, 2012, 05:37 PM   #2652
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
The Ministerio de Fomento calls it "Vía Parque", so it is not an autovía. Be careful if you go there as there may be some roundabouts.
Yeah I doubt if A-38 will run south of Alicante, as is claimed on wikipedia. The Guardamar - Torrevieja section indeed has two-lane roundabouts.
Old February 17th, 2012, 07:28 PM   #2653
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Yeah I doubt if A-38 will run south of Alicante, as is claimed on wikipedia. The Guardamar - Torrevieja section indeed has two-lane roundabouts.

It is in Spanish but a forumer made a wide message about it recently

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=3067

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 07:40 PM   #2654
Peines
Peter

Likes (Received): 99

VIA PARQUE...
Peines no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 07:42 PM   #2655
Peines
Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post
It is in Spanish but a forumer made a wide message about it recently

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=3067
That's me...!
Old February 17th, 2012, 08:03 PM   #2656
Bothar.G

I read where the N332 upgrade was previously stalled because of a refusal to accept a compulsary purchase order by one land owner. Good to see the upgrade now. This road had really low speed limits like 40 km/h in parts when I drove there in 2004. Back then, it also had very narrow shoulder lanes.
Old February 17th, 2012, 08:18 PM   #2657
Peines
Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bothar.G View Post
I read where the N332 upgrade was previously stalled because of a refusal to accept a compulsary purchase order by one land owner. Good to see the upgrade now. This road had really low speed limits like 40 km/h in parts when I drove there in 2004. Back then, it also had very narrow shoulder lanes.
Now have more 40km/h speed limits than ever...!!!

P.D.: VÍA PARQUE = Dual Carriageway with roundabouts every 2 or 3kms...

Last edited by Peines; February 17th, 2012 at 08:20 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old February 17th, 2012, 08:29 PM   #2658
Bothar.G

I haven't been there since 2004.
Old February 17th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #2659
Peines
Peter

Old February 17th, 2012, 09:11 PM   #2660
Cicerón
Espere verde

You have a nice motorway called AP-7 if you want to drive fast...

Anyway: Some pictures of the never ending works of the new undergroud A-7 in San Pedro de Alcántara, near Marbella.

Source:
http://www.vidauna.com/foro/forum_po...terramiento-01
http://www.vidauna.com/foro/forum_po...terramiento-02

It will be finished in April, according to this newspaper: http://www.laopiniondemalaga.es/marb...il/481492.html

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida