daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 3rd, 2012, 03:02 PM   #2701
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
I had an awesome trip.

I could drive all the way to Ordesa

Then I had a change of plans last moment with my friend, we drove to Valencia to meet another person.

The Autovia MUdejar is really an impressive one. It was my first drive Valencia Zaragoza. As for the Huesca and north sector I've indeed seen some cool roadworks. That 1+2 sector is also impressive by any means.

======

Will the new austerity budget shove some highway projects off???

Autovía Mudejar A-23 is planned until Jaca (further will be A-21 to Pamplona).

It is on works but very slowly because austerity. You should see some works before Nueno, and somewhere without any works yet.

In the Monrepos mountain pass the speed limit will be 80, even if two different lanes.

Current tunnels will be used for direction Huesca and a new tunnel is on works (advanced and the main side it goes on according with these year's State budget).

A curious thing: lanes will jump one over the other. So the eastern tunnel (the current one) will be for direction south and the western tunnel (that one on works) will be for direction north.

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 9th, 2012, 09:17 PM   #2702
Peines
Peter

Likes (Received): 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicerón View Post
The Ministerio de Fomento calls it "Vía Parque", so it is not an autovía. Be careful if you go there as there may be some roundabouts.

I found a picture:

http://www.bajo-segura.com/noticias_...332_250911.htm

A picture of the opening: It's signed as "Carretera N-332":

Finally I pass through the new sections of N-332 road between Santa Pola and the Murcia province (or whatever is named now)...

Is a nice highway, with a 90km/h speed limit, good signage and asphalt, and the best thing, complete absence of cyclists on the main road (they have a total separated lane)

The bad news:
  • Tons of roundabouts, with local traffic which do not use the N-332, also the most of then are for small streets crossings, not for important links.
  • You have a speed limit of 90km/h, yes, but also you have a speed limit of 70km/h. With speed control. A LOT.
  • 50km/h and 40km/h limits because there's a bus stop. Limits which only takes less than 500 meters... WITH SPEED CONTROLS (RADAR).
  • The sections of "La Marina" and Torrevieja has a speed limit of 100km/h and are 2 lanes road (equal to the old Vía Rápida standard). So when the highway is 2 lanes for each direction has a 90km/h, but with only 2 lanes has 100km/h Also this "old" parts has level separated links, not roundabouts.

By luck I had a radar detector in my car, because all of the radars where a "movile radar" in a police car... probably because it's Easter.

Last edited by Peines; April 9th, 2012 at 09:22 PM. Reason: misspell
Peines no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 10:24 PM   #2703
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21244

Hey there, I have a question. Three, indeed

Do they have plans to extend A-48 into Algercias and when?

In 8 days from now I'll drive between Malaga and Valencia. I'm considering my options: via AP-46 and Granada, via Cordoba, Manzanares and Requena (A4).

Then, I could between Alicante and Valencia opt for two A31+AP-7+A-35 or AP-7 alongside the coast should I go via Murcia.

Also, if I go via Matanzares, I could go via A-44 (Granada).

Which of these combinations is more scenic?

Are any of them clearly more congested than others?

PS: I'm in La Linea de la Concepcion right now.
Old April 15th, 2012, 10:31 PM   #2704
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

I don't think congestion is really an issue in Spain unless you go into core of the major cities or hit the road on a summer weekend towards the coasts.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 11:30 PM   #2705
Peines
Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
Hey there, I have a question. Three, indeed

Do they have plans to extend A-48 into Algercias and when?

In 8 days from now I'll drive between Malaga and Valencia. I'm considering my options: via AP-46 and Granada, via Cordoba, Manzanares and Requena (A4).

Then, I could between Alicante and Valencia opt for two A31+AP-7+A-35 or AP-7 alongside the coast should I go via Murcia.

Also, if I go via Matanzares, I could go via A-44 (Granada).

Which of these combinations is more scenic?

Are any of them clearly more congested than others?

PS: I'm in La Linea de la Concepcion right now.
Avoid A-4, unless if you take N-322...

The [A-7 E-15] always has a lot of traffic between Puerto Lumbreras (Murcia) and Elche (Alicante). Inside the region of Murcia the average speed is 120 to 140 km/h with traffic or without . In Alicante there's less traffic, and more slowlly (110-120).

Then you can choice Valencia via A-7 (Elche) -> A-31 -> N-344 (La Font de la Figuera) -> A-35... or A-70 -> A-77 -> A-7.

If you prefer to not waste your money in gasoline is better the A-31, but if you like mountains the "new" A-7 is your option.

Both of them has a lot of curves, but A-31 (old N-330) is more funny and faster, and it's one of the first Autovías, built in late 80's. I heard that the new A-7 has a speed limit of 100km/h after Alcoy and A-35 link.

The AP-7 alongside the coast is boring and expensive.

P.S.: Buy gasoline in Gibraltar and make a rest for eating in Murcia (also including Murcia Capital).
Old April 16th, 2012, 04:18 AM   #2706
OriK
Usuario Registrado

Likes (Received): 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peines View Post
P.S.: Buy gasoline in Gibraltar and make a rest for eating in Murcia (also including Murcia Capital).
Don't say that! we need his taxes! hahaha only joking, actually the gas is noticeable cheaper in Gibraltar but have in mind that you have to pass through the Spanish customs on your way back so respect the limits of cigarettes and alcohol (as they are tax free). Also expect some delays crossing the border by car (it could be fast or you could be stuck an hour...).

Enjoy your travel :P
OriK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2012, 12:10 AM   #2707
Boltzman
S = k ln Ω

Google maps show two routes for the trip Málaga-Valencia:

-Granada then A-92 to Murcia, Alicante and Valencia.
-Granada then A-44, A-4 until Manzanares, then towards Valencia.

Both routes can be done toll-free with a similar mileage.

The Murcia and Alicante area can get busy sometimes, as a pro, the section Granada-Lorca (A-92) has less traffic, in addition to the fact that there is a newly motorway from Alicante to Valencia, A-7 (not the AP-7).

As for the A-44, it has been refurbished recently, save for a 17-km long stretch. You can enjoy the new Despeñaperros pass, so impressive once the curvy stretch has been replace by a brand-new motorway. The remaining trip to Valencia shouldn't cause you too much trouble concerning traffic.

If you go through Despeñaperros, let me suggest taking the A-45 from Málaga to Córdoba instead of changing to A-92 at Antequera. This stretch is easy to drive, unfortunately, the A-4 from Córdoba is an old-standard autovía.

A second suggestion is keeping A-7 in Málaga until Motril, then A-44 north to Granada. You'll find just a 12-km long stretch where the motorway is not open yet. I would discourage the way to Almería then to Murcia unless you love curvy roads, cliffs and natural scenery. It's a long way to reach Almería.

In any case, A-4 at Ciudad Real province is being refurbished, so you may find works ongoing and transfers or provisional carraigeways.
Boltzman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2012, 06:21 PM   #2708
Cicerón
Espere verde

Likes (Received): 53

The future A-8 in Asturias seen from the N-632:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuyPacense View Post
Foto del inicio del viaducto en la A-8 en obras entre Foxu y Muros de Nalón, en Asturias:

Impresionante ver el viaducto de la N-632 y por encima el nuevo más alto e inclinado de ese tramo de A-8

Saludos pa'tos.
Cicerón no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2012, 07:54 PM   #2709
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2112

This is amazing.
Is the N-632 going to remain there or is it going to be included into A-8?
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2012, 09:46 PM   #2710
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Remaining.

Today, except a little cases, all old roads will remain for local traffic, as well as new motorways have less exits.

Without it, there will be no option for little motorcycles, bikes, pedestrians...

Old April 18th, 2012, 11:03 AM   #2711
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Today it's exactly 20 years ago the Barcelona Ring Road (B-10 & B-20) opened to traffic!

image hosted on flickr

Frankrijk2005 484 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr
Old April 18th, 2012, 12:35 PM   #2712
Peines
Peter

I not know that was so new the ring road...

Probably it's the first motorway without toll of cataluña...
Old April 18th, 2012, 06:19 PM   #2713
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1936

Quote:
The future A-8 in Asturias seen from the N-632:
Just to the back E70 (A-8) motorway has a temporary terminus
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 06:26 PM   #2714
Cicerón
Espere verde

Likes (Received): 53

But it's not a motorway, it's a vía rápida (expressway). Hence the green signs.

IIRC we in La Rioja didn't have a free motorway until the year 1999 when the LO-20 Logroño-Navarrete was opened from the Avenida de Burgos (western limit of the town) up to the N-232+N-120 junction. One year later the LO-20 was opened as a full autovía, and about 2 years later the A-13. They were already 2x2 before, but they had at-grade intersections.

This brings a question to my mind: Which was the last Spanish province to get an autovía/autopista?

Last edited by Cicerón; April 18th, 2012 at 06:38 PM.
Cicerón no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 06:27 PM   #2715
Peines
Peter

SORIA?
Old April 18th, 2012, 06:29 PM   #2716
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
This brings a question to my mind: Which was the last Spanish province to get an autovía/autopista?
Apart from the islands, I think Cantabria and Extremadura are good contenders for that title. From the mainland provinces, maybe Teruel.

Quote:
SORIA?
A-2 runs through Soria, it's probably older than A-23 in Teruel.
Old April 18th, 2012, 06:55 PM   #2717
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1936

Definitely Teruel. I believe they got to the year 2000 without having a single milimeter of motorway. Soria had a free motorway already in 1992 (The first alignement of E90, I don't think that it could be called a motorway), but it is true that Soria, the city, did not had a motorway until the first sections of A-15 were completed in 2008-2009. In Huesca we have Almudévar-Huesca section of E07 since 1993 (Although the complete motorway to Zaragoza didn't opened until 1999).
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 07:49 PM   #2718
Peines
Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
A-2 runs through Soria, it's probably older than A-23 in Teruel.
TERUEL

Y have "some" old maps of spain and Teruel seems to not have any motorway before about 5 years or less...

So Ceuta y Melilla are the last provinces without motorway... but that does not seem relevant, right?
Old April 18th, 2012, 07:52 PM   #2719
ChrisZwolle
Road user

The first section of A-23 in Teruel opened 20-07-2001: Santa Eulalia del Campo - Calamocha (26.8 km). Though I must add the second section didn't open until 2005.
Old April 18th, 2012, 09:26 PM   #2720
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:

Quote:
SORIA?
It was Teruel. Soria had motorway with the A-2 around Medinaceli (yeah, a little strech... but inside the province).

Furthermore, Zamora had the A-6 at Benavente only and Salamanca had motorway just one or two years before Teruel.

Huesca had the first strech in 1997, only 20 km. Well... they had the AP-2 with only one exit at Fraga, so there was a motorway but it was imposible to make a journey by motorway just inside the province as well as the two exits besides were outside that province.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
The first section of A-23 in Teruel opened 20-07-2001: Santa Eulalia del Campo - Calamocha (26.8 km). Though I must add the second section didn't open until 2005.

Exactly 39,5 km. I crossed by the national road the week before opening. They were two different streches (until and since the exit of Monreal). The northern one was finished since march but they wanted to open both together.

It was a motorway in the middle of nowhere... and you had to cross Calamocha by the middle... until 2008, because it was the last part to be finished between Zaragoza and Valencia.

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida