daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 6th, 2012, 09:07 PM   #2901
miliar

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post
After more than 10 years, N-260 Yebra de Basa-Fiscal will be open next weekend!!

It will be a new road (no other alternatives in 20 km around) and a faster way to get into central Pyrenees

http://maps.google.es/maps?saddr=yeb...=h&mra=ls&z=11

At Sabiñanigo, the motorway Huesca-Pamplona is under works.
http://www.fomento.gob.es/MFOM/LANG_.../120706-03.htm

Today is a historic day for communications in the Pyrenean area. This road is 23 kilometres long and joins Gallego and Ara river valleys so that the distance between Sabiñánigo y Fiscal by the new route is thirty kilometres shorter than the distance by the old road. Another advantage is that new route N-260 doesn’t go through Cotefablo mountain pass anymore. There are two tunnels on this road, the longest of them is 2600 metres long. Works have taken almost ten years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
AP-36 currently leads the way with 150 kilometers on 27 July 2006.
If we take into account that the section N-301-Atalaya del Cañavate of Extremadura-Valencia Highway was opened simultaneously as a spur of AP-36 Motorway towards Valencia, we will have 180 kilometers. Amazingly, the end of the works on this road was directly reported by the concession company, as no authority wanted to open it because it was a toll motorway. It is usually so hard for me to understand Spanish politicians.

Quote:
I am not sure in km.

In december 1991 the A-2 (N-II then) was almost open except a little strech between El Frasno and La Almunia south. I remember that La Almunia south-La Almunia north had been opened one year ago and La Almunia-Zaragoza was opened maybe in 1987.

El Frasno-La Almunia was opened in 1993 finishing there the A-2 between Madrid and Zaragoza.

From Madrid I do not know which parts where opened before 1991. Madrid-Guadalajara sure, but later I do not know if a little strech or something similar.

And as example, Alcolea del Pinar (north of Guadalajara)-El Frasno is 120 km. So should they had to open at least 30 km before, it is more than 150 km.

And they were open at the same time in december 1991
A more accurate history of Aragon dual-carriage way (Northeast highway nowadays) finishing dates would be as follows:
1986: Alcalá de Henares by-pass
1987: Meco-Guadalajara
1988: Trijueque-C-204 junction and La Almunia-Zaragoza
1989: Guadalajara (south)-Guadalajara (north)
1990: Guadalajara-Valdenoches, Algora by-pass, C-204 junction-Saúca-Esteras de Medinaceli, N-111 junction-Arcos de Jalón (first roadway), Arcos de Jalón-Alhama de Aragón-Ateca-Calatayud-Morata de Jalón and La Almunia by-pass.
1991: Valdenoches-Trijueque, Torremocha del Campo by-pass, Esteras de Medinaceli-N-111 junction-Arcos de Jalón and Morata de Jalón-La Almunia.
1995: La Muela tunnel by-pass (southbound roadway)
miliar no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 6th, 2012, 09:15 PM   #2902
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1936

Quote:
Originally Posted by miliar View Post
http://www.fomento.gob.es/MFOM/LANG_.../120706-03.htm

Today is a historic day for communications in the Pyrenean area. This road is 23 kilometres long and joins Gallego and Ara river valleys so that the distance between Sabiñánigo y Fiscal by the new route is thirty kilometres shorter than the distance by the old road. Another advantage is that new route N-260 doesn’t go through Cotefablo mountain pass anymore. There are two tunnels on this road, the longest of them is 2600 metres long. Works have taken almost ten years.
Finally! I promise a video as soon as possible, once I figure out how your guys make those road videos.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2012, 10:06 PM   #2903
Fane40
Landes-40-SW of F.

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMocr0 View Post
Last year, I drove over the A-1 Burgos - Madrid and it was a mess. They were reconstructing the road right? How far are they now?
The A 1 between these cities is in very good condition by now (I drove there the last month).
Only some roadworks but without problems.
But if you want to go towards Morocco, take the direction to Valladolid-Salamanca (A 62)-Sevilla (A 66) - Jerez (AP 4 / N IV)- Algeciras.
The part of the A4 south of Madrid in Castilla la Mancha is at works with some traffic jam.
Fane40 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2012, 11:19 PM   #2904
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21241

Will it be faster to reach Torla from Zaragoza via this new route just opened?
Old July 6th, 2012, 11:28 PM   #2905
joinmanzano
Register Usered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fane40 View Post
The A 1 between these cities is in very good condition by now (I drove there the last month).
Only some roadworks but without problems.
But if you want to go towards Morocco, take the direction to Valladolid-Salamanca (A 62)-Sevilla (A 66) - Jerez (AP 4 / N IV)- Algeciras.
The part of the A4 south of Madrid in Castilla la Mancha is at works with some traffic jam.
A-66 is also at works

sus flancos el trozo andaluz del planeta. Hacia 1900, como tantas otras cosas, cambia ésta. El Norte se incorpora.
-José Ortega y Gasset, Teoría de Andalucía (1927)
joinmanzano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2012, 12:53 AM   #2906
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
Will it be faster to reach Torla from Zaragoza via this new route just opened?
Yes of course.

The number of km will be the same. The new N-260 and old one (supossed N-260a) are parallel and km to go Ordesa valley are the same so then. But in the old one as you know, a lot of point with limits 50 and with the new road, 100 km/h Sabiñánigo-Fiscal.

Fiscal-Torla will remain the old one but with less traffic.

Nueno-Sabiñanigo (A-23) has motorways on works in several points. Going slowly but maybe this year will have 5 km more.

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2012, 01:47 AM   #2907
Suburbanist
on the road

Hopefully this road will attract more tourists to the Canion di Añalisco area... when I visited in late March I found too few people around, but the area is very nice and deserves a lot of visitors.
Old July 7th, 2012, 02:20 AM   #2908
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

It is one of my favourite corners in the Pyrenees.

Depending of area you go, you can arrive via Sabiñanigo or via Barbastro.

Motorway Lerida-Sietamo (13km away from Huesca) has been completed today (pending those 13 km) so if you arrive from Barcelona you can quite at Barbastro (all motorway until there) and later road to after Ainsa is good

If you go to eastern area, arriving to Fiscal will be very easy from Sabiñanigo now with this new road... after 12 years works

Old July 7th, 2012, 02:29 AM   #2909
Suburbanist
on the road

I had read (here) that the Añalisco canyon road is one way, but that was obviously not the case when I drove there last March: the road had traffic 2-way.
Old July 7th, 2012, 03:20 AM   #2910
Aletsch
Aprendiendo

Likes (Received): 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist
I had read (here) that the Añalisco canyon road is one way, but that was obviously not the case when I drove there last March: the road had traffic 2-way.
May be it is only seasonal. When I was there several years ago in summer you could only drive in one way (northern, I think).
Aletsch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2012, 12:01 PM   #2911
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1936

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
You misspelled Añisclo . And yup, it is a seasonal thing: In peak season the road is one way (Upwards), but the rest of the year is 2-way, despite being so narrow. There are some restrictions on the A-135 too: In peak season you can only get by car to the National Park boundary, from there you can only go to Bujaruelo on a dirt road, and if you want to reach Ordesa you have to take a bus in Torla. Outside peak season, you can drive all the way to Ordesa.

Now with the new N-260 getting to Ordesa and Monte Perdido ("Lost mountain") NP is faster.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2012, 01:17 PM   #2912
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
You misspelled Añisclo . And yup, it is a seasonal thing: In peak season the road is one way (Upwards), but the rest of the year is 2-way, despite being so narrow.

When a one way road it is a route I recommend to everyone. You can drive slowly and enjoying picturesque mountains. Part of road is inside the national park.

Off-high season it is a double way road.

While one way road, there is a parallel road to make inverse route, even if that one it is not better, neither wider...

Quote:
There are some restrictions on the A-135 too: In peak season you can only get by car to the National Park boundary, from there you can only go to Bujaruelo on a dirt road, and if you want to reach Ordesa you have to take a bus in Torla. Outside peak season, you can drive all the way to Ordesa.

Summer and Easter you have to park at Torla. Today parking is free and there is enough capacity in the village for visitors. Arrival inside the national park must be made by bus. There are two reasons because UNESCO recommendations (four Spanish valleys and two French ones are Unesco heritage). First of them is avoiding over parking inside the national park. Second of them is to assure no more than 1800 people are inside the valley (yeah, they can arrive trekking or similar, but not so many). If they carry 1800 people they stop the bus service until people starts going down from valley. It is very unusual but in a special dates it has happened.

Quote:
Now with the new N-260 getting to Ordesa and Monte Perdido ("Lost mountain") NP is faster.
In fact "Monte Perdido" is a French translation because all maps in the Pyrenees where made by French technicians.

Local name is "Treserols" and the name come because "three sisters".

But from France it is special... there are two valleys that start in the highest peak but this peak cannot be seen from any point in France (only in highest peaks in the same border). So then, they "know" there is a high mountain but they cannot see it.
The name they give to it is "Mont Perdu" (Lost mountain), and translation: Monte Perdido. There are several names that you can find a difference between official name in Spanish and the local name said there, and the reason in all of them is a French addaptation to Spanish.

Why the name of "Three sisters" (Treserols) for a peak?

Take a look:

Old July 7th, 2012, 06:56 PM   #2913
miliar

Yesterday, Andalusia Regional Government opened El Rocío By-Pass (4,3 km) on route A-483. This road is close to Doñana National Park and makes easier the way to Eastern Huelva coast. The AADT of this route equals 11700 vehicles, but this value is multiplied by two not only at summer weekends but also in June, when the “Romería” of El Rocío takes place. This “Romería” is a typical festival here in Spain which consists on a cheerful pilgrimage to a small village where the Virgin of El Rocío is placed.

http://www.andalucia.com/festival/pilgrimages.htm
Old July 7th, 2012, 11:06 PM   #2914
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

A video of C-58 motorway in Barcelona metro area. From 0:55 onwards you can see the construction of HOV lanes, which will run mostly above the existing carriageways using a long viaduct. As the motorway was partly built in a narrow corridor between mountains, the works to fit the HOV lanes have been utterly complex and expensive. They are scheduled to open in September and should ease traffic in this stretch (Barcelona-Ripollet - AADT about 160,000 vpd). Barcelona city council isn't certainly helping make this happen, as they erected a new pedestrian crossing 700 meters before the first one in Avinguda Meridiana, the entrance to the city that collects most of the traffic coming from C-58. So HOV lanes will probably just move the bottleneck a few kilometers into the city. Plus, they have cost sh*tloads of money.

Anyway, the works are very advanced (the video was recorded in late April this year; as of today, all traffic lanes are back to standard width, so most affectations are gone), so glad to see the road working more or less normally after a 3-year long mess.

Watch in HD!
verreme no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2012, 02:01 AM   #2915
Fane40
Landes-40-SW of F.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joinmanzano View Post
A-66 is also at works
Yes, you're right, but nothing to compare with the other autovia.
I only met roadworks a few kilometers north of Sevilla.They do up the road due to the bad quality when they built it.
The road collapses litteraly in some spots.
Old July 8th, 2012, 02:11 AM   #2916
Fane40
Landes-40-SW of F.

Quote:
When a one way road it is a route I recommend to everyone. You can drive slowly and enjoying picturesque mountains. Part of road is inside the national park.

Off-high season it is a double way road.

While one way road, there is a parallel road to make inverse route, even if that one it is not better, neither wider...

Summer and Easter you have to park at Torla. Today parking is free and there is enough capacity in the village for visitors. Arrival inside the national park must be made by bus. There are two reasons because UNESCO recommendations (four Spanish valleys and two French ones are Unesco heritage). First of them is avoiding over parking inside the national park. Second of them is to assure no more than 1800 people are inside the valley (yeah, they can arrive trekking or similar, but not so many). If they carry 1800 people they stop the bus service until people starts going down from valley. It is very unusual but in a special dates it has happened.

In fact "Monte Perdido" is a French translation because all maps in the Pyrenees where made by French technicians.

Local name is "Treserols" and the name come because "three sisters".

But from France it is special... there are two valleys that start in the highest peak but this peak cannot be seen from any point in France (only in highest peaks in the same border). So then, they "know" there is a high mountain but they cannot see it.
The name they give to it is "Mont Perdu" (Lost mountain), and translation: Monte Perdido. There are several names that you can find a difference between official name in Spanish and the local name said there, and the reason in all of them is a French addaptation to Spanish.

Why the name of "Three sisters" (Treserols) for a peak?

Take a look:

Yes, there are nice sceneries there. I love to drive in Aragon and all Pyrenees mountains. Roads are in perfect condition, especially in Spain. Not the case everywhere on the french side.
Some parts of the E7 / N134 in france and D929 towards Bielsa-Barbastro are completely obsolete.Even two cars cannot sometimes cross eachothers. So, imagine when you have trucks .
Old July 8th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #2917
miliar

Some pictures of the new tunnel of A-7 through San Pedro de Alcantara are available on a local magazine website:

http://www.marbellachic.com/eventos/...edro-alcntara/

And some photos of new route N-260 between Sabiñanigo and Fiscal:

http://www.elperiodicodearagon.com/g...-22_33730.html

Enjoy
Old July 15th, 2012, 01:07 AM   #2918
Fane40
Landes-40-SW of F.

Does somebody can give a reply about the Autovia between Valladolid and Soria ?
I note that nothing changes for 2 years in Aranda de Duero when I pass there.
all construction is stopped ? Due to the crisis certainly ?
But the eastern part of the Valladolid bypass continues.
When it will be open ?
Thanks and sorry if you already reply to that.
Old July 15th, 2012, 10:44 AM   #2919
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

There is also motorway at El Burgo de Osma, the rest of journey will be a single road.

Anyway, those roads have very little traffic and they are in a very good maintenance so you can assure 100 km/h with no congestion.

It is not stopped... this is... sometimes they start building a new strech but there are some motorways where they are building the most important streches and the rest... enough with the single road. In the case of El Burgo de Osma, it is to avoid crossing two towns

By the way... should you go there... El Burgo has a cathedral, it is one of the cases where the main cathedral it is not in the main city or capital but in a little town.

Old July 15th, 2012, 12:38 PM   #2920
Cicerón
Espere verde

Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fane40 View Post
But the eastern part of the Valladolid bypass continues.
When it will be open ?
Thanks and sorry if you already reply to that.
According to this news, it will be open after the 2013 summer.

http://www.elnortedecastilla.es/2012...207132232.html
Cicerón no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida