daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 15th, 2012, 06:36 PM   #2921
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Starting at Valladolid, how many kilometres are on service on motorway and how many on works?

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 15th, 2012, 07:41 PM   #2922
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1932

We have photos of the new N-260! Credit goes to forumer Shulamithie (If you were searching a woman here in SSC, she is!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shulamithie View Post
Ahí van las fotos... sí, estamos en la N-260:

Un detalle de un cruce:

Aquí tenemos uno de los puentes y el tercer carril:

Vamos a entrar al túnel... ¡es la primera vez que me dicen esto!

Y así se ve el túnel por dentro...

La distancia de seguridad obligatoria es de 70 m. Esas luces que se ven
abajo a los lados marcan esa distancia: cada 70 metros tienes una azul.
Y aquí está la boca del tunel de Berroy:

Después de los túneles empieza la bajada. Allí hay áreas de frenado de emergencia:

Y ya cuando te das cuenta has llegado a la rotonda de Fiscal y te metes en
la carretera de siempre. La foto del contraste:

Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2012, 01:46 AM   #2923
Fane40
Landes-40-SW of F.

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicerón View Post
According to this news, it will be open after the 2013 summer.

http://www.elnortedecastilla.es/2012...207132232.html
Thank you,
A good news, even it is easy to cross the city.
This will be shorter than the southern bypass or avenues with all traffic lights by the north.
Fane40 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2012, 01:07 AM   #2924
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

30 kilometers of A-33 between Blanca and Jumilla opened today:

A whopping 8.000 vehicles per day are expected to use it. So glad to see we have another motorway going from nowhere to nowhere! Of course, Spanish minister of public works refused to give an opening date for the most crucial stretch, the one linking A-31 and A-35 through La Font de la Figuera, which has a very important share of truck traffic and is a known accident hotspot.

source
verreme no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2012, 02:54 AM   #2925
el palmesano
Roquetero

Likes (Received): 20153

well, is not a motorway, is part of a motorway as you say
Old August 3rd, 2012, 10:37 AM   #2926
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Quote:
Originally Posted by verreme View Post
A whopping 8.000 vehicles per day are expected to use it. So glad to see we have another motorway going from nowhere to nowhere!
At € 4 million per kilometer it's not that extraordinary. A two-lane road with roundabouts is more expensive than that in the Netherlands.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2012, 02:11 PM   #2927
verreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
At € 4 million per kilometer it's not that extraordinary. A two-lane road with roundabouts is more expensive than that in the Netherlands.
It is not very expensive, but the money spent on that road could have been relocated somewhere else. There are many other motorways in Spain where construction is halted for years and it is causing severe traffic disruptions.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that some progress is being made at all. It is always good to see these things being finished.
Old August 4th, 2012, 08:40 PM   #2928
Mare_nostrvm
100 % Pimentonero

Likes (Received): 433

Quote:
30 kilometers of A-33 between Blanca and Jumilla opened today:

A whopping 8.000 vehicles per day are expected to use it. So glad to see we have another motorway going from nowhere to nowhere! Of course, Spanish minister of public works refused to give an opening date for the most crucial stretch, the one linking A-31 and A-35 through La Font de la Figuera, which has a very important share of truck traffic and is a known accident hotspot.

source
Quote:
It is not very expensive, but the money spent on that road could have been relocated somewhere else. There are many other motorways in Spain where construction is halted for years and it is causing severe traffic disruptions.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that some progress is being made at all. It is always good to see these things being finished.
I absolutely disagree with you at this point.

Unlike other motorways built in Spain in recent years, I think this one is absolutely necessary for various reasons:

- Besides to shorten distances by road in that area,the main aim of this new motorway is to become an important link between three of the most important corridors in southeastern Spain.Namely A-30(Albacete-Murcia-Cartagena), A-31(Madrid-Alicante) and A-35(Valencia-Albacete) motorways.

- It will establish a new motorway connection between "Región de Murcia" and "Comunidad Valenciana" through the inside of the provinces of Murcia, Alicante and Valencia to serve as an alternative to relieve some car and truck traffic from A-7.

- Indirectly and as a result of the above, to put an end to the traditional and historical isolation in terms of road infrastructure across the "Altiplano" area(Yecla and Jumilla) which in additon is an important wine-producing,agricultural and industrial region.

On the other hand,I leave here a video where we can see the new stretch put into service recently..

[...]E pot hom be dir, que aquell es dels graciosos regnes del mon; que en veritat vos dich, quentre tot lo mon yo ne altre no pot saber, que dues prouincies sien millors ne pus gracioses de totes coses, com es lo regne de Valencia e lo regne de Murcia.[..] (Ramón Muntaner,S.XIV)
Mare_nostrvm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 08:43 PM   #2929
Mare_nostrvm
100 % Pimentonero

Likes (Received): 433

[...]E pot hom be dir, que aquell es dels graciosos regnes del mon; que en veritat vos dich, quentre tot lo mon yo ne altre no pot saber, que dues prouincies sien millors ne pus gracioses de totes coses, com es lo regne de Valencia e lo regne de Murcia.[..] (Ramón Muntaner,S.XIV)
Mare_nostrvm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 08:49 PM   #2930
Vignole
e^(iπ)+1=0

Likes (Received): 479

At least, no more broken lines in shoulders.
Vignole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 08:57 PM   #2931
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A-33 saves 25 kilometers compared to AP-7 (between Murcia and Valencia) if completed.
Old August 4th, 2012, 10:33 PM   #2932
verreme

With A-7 through Alcoi now complete, I don't see the point in having another north-south corridor between these two regions. Plus, 8,000 vpd is too little traffic to justify a motorway. The existing road was already right; major bypasses were up to "vía rápida" standards (no at-grade intersections or sharp corners) and the rest of the road was a nice drive.

The stretch between A-31 and A-35 was the one that deserved most an upgrade. It crossed La Font de la Figuera in a series of hairpins, and had too much heavy traffic.

Besides that, I'll quote here an answer I saw in the "Motorway openings around the world" thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapper View Post
A little bit off-topic:

Is there still money left for new infrastructure in Spain nowadays? I recently heard that some Spanish drivers are not willing to pay for the motorways anymore, like in Greece, because the prices are rising quickly.
Toll fees are rising, and in some parts of Spain most motorways are tolled. Plus, the Spanish government wants to solve the financial trouble on Madrid's "radiales" and other toll motorway flops by rising tolls in profitable highways even more, what has irated Catalan drivers (most important motorways in Catalonia are tolled). That has generated an anti-toll movement that is gaining momentum with every tax rise. Personally I don't see tolls being removed of our motorways; instead, I think new tolls will be imposed on current toll-free motorways, like in Portugal.

This is because there is no money to finance stuff, so it is not very likely that Fomento will tender new motorway projects in the near future.
Old August 4th, 2012, 10:38 PM   #2933
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Does the Spanish government have any control over the toll rates? I thought these toll roads were all privatized like in France. I thought they could only say tolls should not rise faster than inflation.

Last edited by ChrisZwolle; August 4th, 2012 at 11:23 PM.
Old August 4th, 2012, 11:18 PM   #2934
verreme

Quote:
Does the Spanish government have any control over the toll rates? I thought these toll roads were all privatized like in Spain. I thought they could only say tolls should not rise faster than inflation.
Toll roads are privately owned, but the government can impose taxes on toll rates. It can also pay part of the toll; Catalan regional government did that until a few years ago in some cases.
Old August 5th, 2012, 07:20 PM   #2935
miliar

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Does the Spanish government have any control over the toll rates? I thought these toll roads were all privatized like in France. I thought they could only say tolls should not rise faster than inflation.
In Spain, all toll concessions are put out to tender by a Department of Tranportation (even national or regional), so that the different proposals include the toll rates that each tendering company wants to charge. Therefore, they are asked to provide a mean maximum value (€/km) for each type of vehicle and an overall mean maximum value (€/km). These values are taken into account in order to decide which company will finally build the motorway. This company must keep these basic fares during the concession period. Of course, toll rates are annually reviewed in order to take into account consumer price index (CPI) modifications. This revision follows a method approved by the Government, that takes into account not only the CPI value but also the variation between expected and actual traffic volumes.

Anyway, these contractual maximum values can only be increased if there is an agreement between the transportation authority and the concession company. Of course this variation must be justified, as fair competition would not be assured in other case. I think that all countries throughout the European Union follow similar rules, as very different toll-road regulations would not be accepted by European authorities.

Sometimes these toll fares are paid by the Department of Tranportation, even partially or totally (shadow toll), as a subsidy to transportation. For instance, National Government has been paying a 7% of toll rates on old national motorways since 1999. As this Government has recently decided not paying this subsidy anymore, toll rates on these motorways has been increased at the end of July.
miliar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2012, 07:42 PM   #2936
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 780

Numbering system question:

Somewhere (might have been on the Guess the Highway thread), I saw pictures from Barcelona that showed route markers in blue and red with the prefix C (for Catalunya, I assume). I thought the only prefixes possible with red markers would be A-, AP- or (in Barcelona) B- (I know about R- in Madrid); and the only one possible with blue would be N-.

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2012, 08:09 PM   #2937
Peines
Peter

Likes (Received): 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn's Woods View Post
Numbering system question:

Somewhere (might have been on the Guess the Highway thread), I saw pictures from Barcelona that showed route markers in blue and red with the prefix C (for Catalunya, I assume). I thought the only prefixes possible with red markers would be A-, AP- or (in Barcelona) B- (I know about R- in Madrid); and the only one possible with blue would be N-.
RED: Highway or Expressway maintained by the Ministerio de Fomento (Central Government): N-XXX roads and some ring-roads such SO-20 or A-79. Exception: Cataluña, which use red for Highways (C-31) and Expressways (C-25)

BLUE: Motorway.

ORANGE: Highway, Expressway or Motorway maintained by some regional government. Examples: A-92, M-45, CV-60.

YELLOW: Regional road.

VIOLET: Regional road.

GREEN: European Route or Regional Road or old "C" roads.
Peines no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2012, 08:15 PM   #2938
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 780

Gracias. Looks like I had red and blue reversed.

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2012, 02:20 PM   #2939
verreme

Ronda de la Bahía de Santander (S-30) finally opened to traffic:

Guess it will save a lot of time to people travelling through the Cantabric coast.

source

Last edited by verreme; August 6th, 2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old August 6th, 2012, 02:31 PM   #2940
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2111

Looks nice! I like the forest of lampposts
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida