daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 14th, 2012, 02:12 AM   #3141
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Almost all correct:

- Yes, it is located at Leon (city where last president was born.........)

- System makes it automatically. Not only speed-cam but also agent's fines. They send data and it is processed.

- Default option is... single mail. If you did not answer you will be posted in the official bulletin and notification is done there.

- Entreprises cannot choose mail. Only email. As far as I know, SMS is additional.

- "law" is prepared to make people paying as fast as possible with a 50% reduction.

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 14th, 2012, 03:34 AM   #3142
OriK
Usuario Registrado

Likes (Received): 173

I didn't change the option and I received one of those "León letters" by certified mail. In fact I think it isn't technically certified but "administrative" but it's the same, the postman has to knock your door and you have to sign a document to receive it... if they can't notify you in this way their publish the notification in the official gazette of the government that issued the fine.

Luckily for me a relative was driving the car :P so I said who was driving (by Internet) and they reissued the fine with the correct name.

Another time I wasn't that lucky and an agent fined me and he notified me in that moment... he gave me a document with all the instructions to pay or appeal it. In that case I think that the processing center is only responsible of taking your points away...

Furthermore if you have a foreign plate it's a nightmare for them to process the fine so they force you to pay at the moment...
OriK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2012, 03:39 AM   #3143
solchante

Likes (Received): 1457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peines View Post
Meanwhile in somewhere in Spain…

me parto
solchante no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2012, 11:37 AM   #3144
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriK View Post
I didn't change the option and I received one of those "León letters" by certified mail. In fact I think it isn't technically certified but "administrative" but it's the same, the postman has to knock your door and you have to sign a document to receive it... if they can't notify you in this way their publish the notification in the official gazette of the government that issued the fine.
Thanks to God, I have not received any fine since new system started.
Last fine I received was by local police because incorrect parking and I raised it with success.

I knew I had a fine, but if it is parking, they cannot give to driver but send by mail.
It is a not hard fault so it will expires in three months. And it starts counting the day the police checks you are wrong on parking.

Several weeks later I receive the information of a certified letter. I take the paper but do not go for it to the post office.
It comes august and everyone on holidays.

Further, they will publish on be gazette, with plate numbers and fine numbers, saying that all drivers should have to go for receiving the fine.

It is a correct communication but they make it once per month. Publishing an announcement in the gazette is expensive (even if all is inside the administration) so only one per month.

As a fair fault, they had three months to communicate me the fine... and it was published three months and six days later!!!!!

I raised because expired and I gained!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Luckily for me a relative was driving the car :P so I said who was driving (by Internet) and they reissued the fine with the correct name.

Not sure but if there is no points decreasing it will be easier to give the paper to driver and paying faster. I think he will be able to avoid 50%.

But, really... not sure

Quote:
Another time I wasn't that lucky and an agent fined me and he notified me in that moment... he gave me a document with all the instructions to pay or appeal it. In that case I think that the processing center is only responsible of taking your points away...

You will be thinking in any other subject except legal reasons... but police will say specifically that you are notified even if you do not want to sign it and the time you have for appeal.
And, all the instructions are in the fine bulletin...

So no way if you receive on hand.

Quote:
Furthermore if you have a foreign plate it's a nightmare for them to process the fine so they force you to pay at the moment...
If a foreing plate car is fined, police can consider if they will be on trouble to charge the fine (and, except if you have a foreing plate car but you can prove you are in Spain for a while, such studying, working, etc... that could apply all foreing cars).
If it does, they can ask for paying in the instance. They give you a receipt. You can appeal and if your appeal goes on, you can ask for money return with the interests.

A long, long, long time ago, I had a relative working in a little bank office in a small village close to a main road.

Police catched a foreing driver with a very high speed. He said he did not understand, did not understand, did not understand... They gave him the fine (and not cheap...) and seemed to say... ok, to the pocket, no problem. They showed the amount and said he could not drive if he didn''t pay at the instance.

Driver took his purse and showed he had only foreing currency (Euro did not exist yet).
Police said... no problem. They took in their car to the nearest bank office (this is why my relative knew the case), ask for change for that driver. Driver had to pay in foreing currency to the bank, and banker gave police the fine amount, to the driver the rest of cash, and of course he took the bank commission for exchange!!!!!!!!

Old September 14th, 2012, 03:42 PM   #3145
OriK
Usuario Registrado

Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post
Not sure but if there is no points decreasing it will be easier to give the paper to driver and paying faster. I think he will be able to avoid 50%.
They reissued the fine with a new 15 days period to allow him to pay with the discount.

Quote:
You will be thinking in any other subject except legal reasons... but police will say specifically that you are notified even if you do not want to sign it and the time you have for appeal.
And, all the instructions are in the fine bulletin...
In fact they didn't ask me to sign anything, I asked him and he told me that it isn't necessary.

Quote:
Driver took his purse and showed he had only foreing currency (Euro did not exist yet).
Police said... no problem. They took in their car to the nearest bank office (this is why my relative knew the case), ask for change for that driver. Driver had to pay in foreing currency to the bank, and banker gave police the fine amount, to the driver the rest of cash, and of course he took the bank commission for exchange!!!!!!!!
Wow! haha, I'm not sure but I think that now you are able to pay with a credit or debit card.
Old September 14th, 2012, 03:49 PM   #3146
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriK View Post
Wow! haha, I'm not sure but I think that now you are able to pay with a credit or debit card.

Yes, you are... since several years ago and only if the police car has a card payment system.

When it happened it wasn't implemented yet and... they were very unusual

Old September 14th, 2012, 09:20 PM   #3147
miliar

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
WHAAAAT??? They have downgraded N-420 in Castile La Mancha??? So now it seems to exist two N-420s. Now it's time to get ride of that weird national route by extending A-222 to Teruel and rerouting N-211 to Tarragona.
Quote:
Have traspassed to CLM government and changed the number there.
Characteristics are the same
Route N-420 between Daimiel and Mota del Cuervo was transferred to the Regional Authority in 2007, so it is called CM-420 now. Regional Government has carried out some works on this road:

Herencia partial by-pass: 4.3 km, 3.2 M€
Alcázar de San Juan and Campo de Criptana partial by-pass: 11,2 km, 8,2 M€

As these sections were opened to traffic last year, highway CM-42 is used as a by-pass of CM-420 between Herencia and Campo de Criptana now.

Works on CM-420. Source: Castilla-La Mancha Regional Government

Alcázar de San Juan and Campo de Criptana by-pass (CM-420). Source: RTVE Regional News

By the way, there are good news about roads in Madrid Region. Some works have finished on east area roads recently:

Eastbound service roadways at the junction of A-2 with M-300 and East Torrejón de Ardoz: 10 km of new roadways, 25 M€ invested by Torrejón de Ardoz Town Council.

Source: Torrejón de Ardoz Town Council

New junction of M-300 close to Alcalá de Henares: 2 km, 16 M€ invested by the Regional Government. The AADT of M-300 at this point is higher than 37.000 vehicles.

Source: Madrid Regional Government
miliar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2012, 01:38 PM   #3148
miliar

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
+1

It is enough the Motorway or Highway signal to have a 120 km/h limit.

Even... if there is a minor limitation, I'm sure in any exit or cross it expires and becomes again to 120.

I explain it... should you enter in a motorway you have a signal and that will mean 120 km/h

Should you are on a motorway with a 80 km/h for a while and you have a cross... let's suposse you drive later on 120 km/h.

If you are catched by a radar, even of any limit, you can say you have entered in the last exit, you have seen a motorway signal and that means 120.

And there is no response to give you back
I agree. If there isn’t any speed limit sign, general 120 km/h limit will apply for drivers that merge onto the motorway. Of course, this limit can’t be different for the other drivers. So, if the speed limit is lower, a traffic sign is required at the end of the merge lane. However, please be aware that there is an exception: urban highways. I try to explain it below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by verreme View Post
There are many more inconsistencies like that one in Spanish roads. For example, here's a sign indicating that you are inside Mataró city limits, so speed limit should be 50 km/h. But then you get 70 km/h signs because of the roundabout a few meters forward, like if the speed limit was 100 and dropped to 70. I mean, is it 50 or 100 km/h? Another one here. You enter city limits, and shortly after, you get 80 km/h signs. That's nonsense. Is it too hard to place both signs at the same spot? I guess it is. Now there's a 50 km/h speed limit that lasts 200 meters, and you can legally be ticketed for driving past it at 70 km/h.
There isn’t any mismatch in the case you explain. In fact, 50 km/h speed limit doesn’t apply on through roads according to traffic rules. Please read article 50 (Speed limits on urban routes and through roads) of Traffic Regulations. I try to summarize and translate it for our foreign colleagues:

General speed limit on urban ways and through roads: 50 km/h (40 km/h in the case of hazmat vehicles)

This general speed limit can be lowered on especially hazardous through roads, if there is an agreement between the owner of the road and the Town Council, and urban routes, if it is decided by the Town Council.

Likewise, this general limit can be increased by means of speed limit signs on through roads and motorways and dual-carriage ways inside the urban area. Speed limit can’t be higher than general limit of these type of roads when placed out of the urban area. If there isn’t any traffic sign, speed limit on motorways and dual-carriage ways inside the urban area will be 80 km/h.

In Spain, through roads are special streets subjected to special rules. In this case, speed limit may vary depending on the width of the street and the distance between the edge of the roadway and buildings. According to the Spanish traffic-sign design code, speed limit on a through road will be determined as follows:

Of course, as soon as you leave the through road and take a side street speed limit will be 50 km/h.

On the other hand, general speed limit on urban motorways and dual-carriage ways is 80 km/h. In my opinion, it could be the case of A-7 through Puerto Banús and San Pedro de Alcántara. Anyway, it isn’t always easy to determine if we are driving along an urban highway.
miliar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2012, 04:01 PM   #3149
OriK
Usuario Registrado

There are lots of absurd limits and also a lot of exceptions (in case of incongruity, you have to obey the signals, not the driving code, so technically they can put tomorrow a 200Km/h signal in some motorway and you would be able to drive at that speed even if the code says that the maximum speed limit is 120)... the good part it's easy to know the speed limit... the bad part is that you cannot predict it...

For example M-30 has a 90km/h limit (70km/h in underground M-30) and if I remember it correctly, it's officially a street (it's because the city hall manages it, but it is a motorway in fact).

In the other hand, I had a bad time driving in Netherlands because I wasn't able to find any speed signal for almost 100 kms and I wasn't sure about the general speed limit... of course I think it's better to have a congruent system where you almost always have the same limit, but used to the Spanish system I felt like if I needed more information and like if I were breaking the code... maybe a signal every 10km more or less saying hey! remember! here the general speed applies would be nice.
Old September 15th, 2012, 08:53 PM   #3150
Vignole
e^(iπ)+1=0

Likes (Received): 479

20 pics af A-43, from A-4 to Ciudad Real:

image hosted on flickr

A-43 01 by Vignole, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

A-43 02 by Vignole, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

A-43 03 by Vignole, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

A-43 04 by Vignole, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

A-43 05 by Vignole, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

A-43 06 by Vignole, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

A-43 07 by Vignole, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

A-43 08 by Vignole, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

A-43 09 by Vignole, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

A-43 10 by Vignole, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

A-43 11 by Vignole, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

A-43 12 by Vignole, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

A-43 13 by Vignole, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

A-43 14 by Vignole, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

A-43 15 by Vignole, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

A-43 16 by Vignole, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

A-43 17 by Vignole, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

A-43 18 by Vignole, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

A-43 19 by Vignole, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

A-43 20 by Vignole, on Flickr
Vignole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2012, 08:55 PM   #3151
Vignole
e^(iπ)+1=0

Plus a bonus: acces to closed Ciudad Real Airport:

image hosted on flickr

Ciudad Real Airport access 01 by Vignole, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Ciudad Real Airport access 02 by Vignole, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Ciudad Real Airport access 03 by Vignole, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Ciudad Real Airport access 04 by Vignole, on Flickr
Old September 16th, 2012, 12:13 AM   #3152
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Pity that there are no plans to arrive Extremadura in the next years

Old September 16th, 2012, 02:55 PM   #3153
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

What road number does Ciudad Real Airport access have?
verreme no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2012, 06:11 PM   #3154
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

do not know. When I lived there, it was under project

Old September 16th, 2012, 08:07 PM   #3155
Vignole
e^(iπ)+1=0

It is CM-9420.
Old September 17th, 2012, 01:30 PM   #3156
OriK
Usuario Registrado

A strike of workers of public transport has produced this morning more than 120Km of traffic jams in the main accesses to Madrid.

For example, the subway was working at 47% of their usual activity.

Last edited by OriK; September 18th, 2012 at 01:15 AM.
Old September 17th, 2012, 05:41 PM   #3157
Aletsch
Aprendiendo

Likes (Received): 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriK
A strike of workers of public transport has produced this morning more than 120Km of traffic jams in the main accesses to the city.

For example, the subway was working at 47% of their usual activity.
Which city?
Aletsch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2012, 06:46 PM   #3158
Peines
Peter

Likes (Received): 99

Madriz…?
Peines no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2012, 07:04 PM   #3159
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

few photos made 2 weeks ago on my catalan trip i only took some photos between barcelona and Girona.

1. joining B23 at Esplugues de Llobregat. of course, we took whole Barcelona bypass instead of busy Ronda de Dalt. this is approaching intersection with A2.

2. this is just after intersection B23/A2. from this point A2 and B23 run paralelly, one at each side of river Llobregat.

3. i believe the whole outer Barcelona bypass will be 4+4 in few years.

4. here you decide whether to go to Madrid/Valencia, or to France, so joining AP7

5. continuing on AP7 direction France

6. here is entrance to laterals for northern sattelite cities of Barcelona to divide local traffic from transit. even if you want to enter Barcelona via tunnels Vallvidrera, or to take C58 to inner Catalunya, you must take this exit.

Old September 17th, 2012, 07:12 PM   #3160
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
few photos made 2 weeks ago on my catalan trip i only took some photos between barcelona and Girona.

1. joining B23 at Esplugues de Llobregat. of course, we took whole Barcelona bypass instead of busy Ronda de Dalt. this is approaching intersection with A2.

Please, all of you pay attention to this photo.

Ahead, tolled motorway AP-2 to Lleida and Zaragoza, written very big

This way
https://maps.google.es/maps?saddr=ba...t=h&mra=ls&z=9

On the right, in very small, A-2 to Lleida, 2x2 (parts on 3x3) and absolutely free

This way
https://maps.google.es/maps?saddr=ba...sz=9&via=1&z=9

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida