daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 18th, 2012, 06:19 PM   #3181
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Zaragoza, not exactly.
The "Insula de Barataria" is located in the middle of Ebro river besides Alcala de Ebro. There is a statue about it.

In a study I watched, it is supposed the original town is Villanueva de los Infantes (not near from that motorway), but what it is clear is that first two chapters were written at Argamasilla de Alba

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 18th, 2012, 06:26 PM   #3182
SeanT
DK/H

Likes (Received): 63

Off topic...
This Don Quijote caracter is well known in Hungary too, even a disco song was written about the story/him in the ´70 by Neoton Família (Newton Family) very popular back than.
SeanT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2012, 03:10 AM   #3183
solchante

Likes (Received): 1457

solchante no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2012, 02:50 PM   #3184
maciek9207

Likes (Received): 158

My all records from Spain. Movies are recorded in 2011.

maciek9207 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2012, 03:01 PM   #3185
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

Awesome videos, thanks! You Polish are visiting us more and more every year

Just one thing: neither C-31B, nor C-42, nor N-340 are autovías. First two ones are dual-carriageway roads (carreteras de doble calzada) and last one is an ordinary road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post
Zaragoza, not exactly.
The "Insula de Barataria" is located in the middle of Ebro river besides Alcala de Ebro. There is a statue about it.

In a study I watched, it is supposed the original town is Villanueva de los Infantes (not near from that motorway), but what it is clear is that first two chapters were written at Argamasilla de Alba
Zaragoza is mentioned several times along the book and both Don Quijote and Sancho are supposed to go there, but they finally don't and go on to Barcelona.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanT View Post
Off topic...
This Don Quijote caracter is well known in Hungary too, even a disco song was written about the story/him in the ´70 by Neoton Família (Newton Family) very popular back than.
LOL, didn't know that

Last edited by verreme; September 19th, 2012 at 03:10 PM.
verreme no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 01:57 PM   #3186
verreme

We finally have an official opening date for C-58 HOV lanes, October the 26th. Only cars with 3 passengers or more will be allowed, as well as motorcycles, buses, electric cars or emergency vehicles. Source here.

Currently works are almost done and lanes in C-58 are back to normal width. There will still be some traffic disruptions, most notably the closure of C-33 tonight from 22.30 to 5.30 am.

I think Spain is the only European country with HOV facilities (A-6 and C-58). Am I wrong?
Old September 20th, 2012, 02:15 PM   #3187
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Most HOV lanes in Europe only allow buses and sometimes taxis. American-style HOV lanes do not exist elsewhere to my knowledge.

They opened a reversible HOV carpool lane in the Netherlands in the early 1990s but it flopped and opened to all traffic later.

In my opinion, HOV lanes are a waste of money. Their hourly volumes are very low and could be justified in some American metropolises without much public transport (carpooling being a substitute) but this doesn't make much sense in Europe.

I'm very interested in seeing the traffic volume on that HOV lane.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 03:01 PM   #3188
verreme

It will likely be very low, given that cars will have to carry at least 3 passengers to travel it.

I don't think it's a solution for congestion in that corridor, as it will simply move it a little deeper into the city. The cost of the project has been outrageous, as these lanes run elevated over the motorway and their end is shoehorned into Nus de la Trinitat, one of the most complex motorway interchanges of Spain.
Old September 20th, 2012, 04:05 PM   #3189
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

I agree with Chris, HOVs are replacements of public transport in America, in Europe, where public transport exists, and in diractions of heavy traffic is usually efficient, HOVs are waste of free space.
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 04:32 PM   #3190
verreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus View Post
I agree with Chris, HOVs are replacements of public transport in America, in Europe, where public transport exists, and in diractions of heavy traffic is usually efficient, HOVs are waste of free space.
No space wasted this time, as HOV lanes run over the existing roadway. Public transport in the area is not very efficient, but I don't understand the benefits of moving congestion just 6 km deeper into the city. Plus, very few vehicles will be allowed to use it.

I think they will eventually allow vehicles with 2 passengers to use it.
Old September 20th, 2012, 05:19 PM   #3191
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 780

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus View Post
As far as I know, the first HOV lanes in the US were in the Washington area, and were opened a few years after Metro lines serving the same corridors....

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 05:41 PM   #3192
Peines
Peter

Likes (Received): 99

More pics of my trip to Madrid from Alicante: Now from E-901 A-3 Km 43-41 to M-30 / A-6 / Sinesio Delgado St. link.

5 Lanes Tunnel

Peines no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 07:05 PM   #3193
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

what is that device on your windshield where usually navigation device is?

about C58 and HOV lanes - is it going to be adopted on whole lenght from Terrassa to La Trinitat, or only on some section?
Old September 20th, 2012, 09:59 PM   #3194
verreme

I made a video of C-31C, a short dual-carriageway road connecting C-31 motorway with Sant Boi de Llobregat:

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post

about C58 and HOV lanes - is it going to be adopted on whole lenght from Terrassa to La Trinitat, or only on some section?
Looks like a GPS-based radar detector to me.

HOV lanes in C-58 will go from Ripollet to Barcelona (6,8 km). Here's a video from Catalan regional government:

And a video from mine showing the state of works as of late March 2012. You can see the lanes being built elevated in the median:

Accesses to Sabadell were recently upgraded with the construction of two westbound collector lanes, which feed C-58C, the brand new western ringroad of Sabadell. Sabadell-Terrassa stretch is still 4 lanes.
Old September 21st, 2012, 01:20 AM   #3195
OriK
Usuario Registrado

Likes (Received): 173

I've used the reversible HOV lanes in A-6 and in fact it is a good way to promote a more efficient use of the car, but I think that the HOV thing is an excuse to get more from the infrastructure for allowing buses to skip de jam as few cars are allowed to use it (it's not only the ocupancy limit, but it also lakes most exists).
OriK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2012, 02:15 AM   #3196
Peines
Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
Well, a machine that help me to save a lot of money and license points.

It works with K, Ka bands and Laser.

Also has a GPS with a database full of speed cameras locations (and their maximun speed) and aslo locations for speed tramps, traffic lights with camera control, school zones, black spots, and indicates your real speed.
Old September 21st, 2012, 12:24 PM   #3197
Vignole
e^(iπ)+1=0

Likes (Received): 479

B-40 is finished in Apple Maps. Great!

Vignole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2012, 01:25 PM   #3198
Peines
Peter

FAIL

Old September 21st, 2012, 02:41 PM   #3199
verreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriK View Post
I've used the reversible HOV lanes in A-6 and in fact it is a good way to promote a more efficient use of the car, but I think that the HOV thing is an excuse to get more from the infrastructure for allowing buses to skip de jam as few cars are allowed to use it (it's not only the ocupancy limit, but it also lakes most exists).
C-58 HOV lanes will have the same exits as the mainline, that is, none. Well, except for a rest area which is not accessible from HOV lanes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vignole View Post
B-40 is finished in Apple Maps. Great!

Neat. This proves Apple has always been some 5 years ahead from its competitors .
Old September 21st, 2012, 03:25 PM   #3200
Aokromes
Patatero Inside

Likes (Received): 2652

Well, google used to do the same for years.

The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts. Gene Spafford.
I am Basque, not Russian, the "Siberia" thing is a joke.
Aokromes no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida