daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 18th, 2012, 10:12 PM   #3361
Stifler
That's what she said

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Side note; this is part of A-8 west of Aviles. Has the entire missing link between Muros de Nalón and Lamuño opened?
Not yet. It is supposed to be opened in early 2013 though.

Sponsored Links
Old December 21st, 2012, 09:45 PM   #3362
miliar

Likes (Received): 36

Concession for the construction and exploitation of Highway A-66 between Paradores and Zamora is not exactly a shadow toll contract, as no traffic risk will be assumed by the contractor. Government will pay to the contract a monthly amount as an ‘availability payment’ (I am not sure if this is the suitable expression in English ), i.e. because the road is ready to be used by drivers. This amount will not depend on the AADT, but will be reduced if the contractor does not accomplish with some exploitation requirements.

If you want to learn more about shadow toll contracts in Catalonia, please follow this link. According to this document, works on C-25 will finish on January, 4th.

On the other hand, there are some news about AS-III between San Miguel de la Barreda (A-64) and Langreo. The new tunnel has been opened. Both Northbound and Southbound traffic will go through the new roadway meanwhile the old tunnels are refurbished. The AADT of this section of AS-17 was higher than 12000 in 2011.

http://www.lne.es/nalon/2012/12/21/n...o/1344418.html

Regards.
miliar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2012, 02:48 PM   #3363
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

LE-11, León

The new Autovía LE-11 opened to traffic yesterday at León.

ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2012, 03:59 PM   #3364
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

I'm not pretty sure but if you ask me I would say that A-60 opened is longer than in the map

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2012, 04:05 PM   #3365
ChrisZwolle
Road user

According to this press release the opened part of A-60 was only 7.3 kilometers long.

However, it is not impossible that they opened another segment in the meantime, but I haven't read about it. Originally the route to A-231 (A-12) should have been completed by now.
Old December 27th, 2012, 04:37 PM   #3366
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1932

Quote:
A-231 (A-12)
I believe A-231 should be A-12 too, simply because there is another A-231 running from N-232 near Valdealgorfa to Aragon-Catalonia near Arnes. And is not a motorway, but a two-lane road. But the A-231 that is motorway should be handed over to Fomento, so in the meantime it could be A-238 (Don't ask me where I got that number ).
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2012, 04:40 PM   #3367
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I think LE-11 is a bit overkill, considering the detour coming from A-66 towards León is only a few kilometers and A-60 already handles traffic from the direction of Burgos and in the future Valladolid. So LE-11 will not capture a great deal of traffic. The expected AADT is 15 000 vehicles per day but I think it may be overestimated unless they plan to build a lot of houses in this area, but it doesn't look like an appealing area to live with a high-speed rail, other rail, motorway and industry.
Old December 28th, 2012, 08:20 AM   #3368
Filandon

Likes (Received): 1250

The A-11 will be the most used access to León without any doubt because it goes straight into town without any traffic light. To enter the city by the A-66 takes really long and you don't arrive to the center but to Trobajo which is really a pain.

The A-60 is now with very little use because it ends in a croosroad with lots of traffic in the middle of a village and with a very narrow bridge where Pilgers and lots of heavy traffic meet. The bridge has two curves has a crossroad at the end and there are no sidewalks at one point so it is horrible. Also the connections are not good to exit or enter León... the problem are the archeological patrimony which was found (Lancia) and which has stopped the works there. Next month they will say if it is possible to continue the works for 5 km to avoid that.

Until this is solved and the stretch until Santas Martas is finished the A-11 will be the best option coming from Burgos or Valladolid, of course also from Benavente and for the workers of the industrial areas around. this 9 km save 15 min. from the time used until now!

León, 2.000 years of Spanish Soul

Last edited by Filandon; December 28th, 2012 at 08:27 AM.
Filandon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 11:05 AM   #3369
Sunfuns

Likes (Received): 361

Is that remaining unbuilt stretch of A-60 really needed? Just looking at the map I'd say that A-11 plus A-231 will get you to Santas Martas without a significant detour. Is that not so?
Sunfuns no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 12:54 PM   #3370
geogregor

Likes (Received): 19160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfuns View Post
Is that remaining unbuilt stretch of A-60 really needed? Just looking at the map I'd say that A-11 plus A-231 will get you to Santas Martas without a significant detour. Is that not so?
You know, Spain has a lot of cash to splash at the moment, they have to spend it on something
geogregor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 01:24 PM   #3371
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filandon View Post
To enter the city by the A-66 takes really long
2 - 3 minutes difference (5 km). Probably less because LE-11 has 3 roundabouts at the northern terminus, while the A-66 / LE-30 route is entirely autovía.

Quote:
The A-60 is now with very little use because it ends in a croosroad with lots of traffic in the middle of a village and with a very narrow bridge where Pilgers and lots of heavy traffic meet.
Once A-60 is completed to A-231 next year it almost entirely removes the need for LE-11 for traffic to/from Burgos and Valladolid.

Quote:
also from Benavente and for the workers of the industrial areas around. this 9 km save 15 min. from the time used until now!
If you come from A-66 you can take the C-622 exit which leads straight into the industrial area. The difference with LE-11 is minimal, in fact it takes a little longer to reach the industrial area via LE-11.
Old December 28th, 2012, 01:25 PM   #3372
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogregor View Post
You know, Spain has a lot of cash to splash at the moment, they have to spend it on something
The Spanish road budget is very limited. In fact, it spends the same amount of money on the road network as the Netherlands while its population is 2.5 times larger.

Don't let the opening mileage fool you into thinking they spend massive amounts of money on the road network these days. Spanish motorway construction is very cheap with generally 3 - 7 million per kilometer. In fact there are many two-lane road projects with traffic lights in the Netherlands that are more expensive than a 4-lane autovía in Spain.
Old December 28th, 2012, 01:44 PM   #3373
Filandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfuns View Post
Actually, if they would have been started with the A-11 and build the A-60 until Santas Martas it would have been more than enough, but instead they decided to bring the A-231 to Onzonilla and the A-66. It was easier and cheaper and left the difficult part to the end, then the city lacked of a real high capacity connection from the South until three days ago... Now the A-60 have really non sense if it is not connected in Santas Martas because the stretch goes through the bridge and villages I mentioned in my previous post and to take it you loose lots of time. Most people stay in the N-601 which in some days still have retentions while the highway is almost empty. Also before arriving to Santas Martas there's another intersection with the most used road to go to the mountains so: because there's only a few kilometers left, because the works already started and because the terrain is completely flat I think they should finish asap. It would be then the main access to the people coming from Burgos, Valladolid and if finished until this last city the fastest and cheapest route to go to Madrid (via Valladolid and Segovia).

Old December 28th, 2012, 01:54 PM   #3374
Filandon

Quote:
2 - 3 minutes difference (5 km). Probably less because LE-11 has 3 roundabouts at the northern terminus, while the A-66 / LE-30 route is entirely autovía.

Believe me, I tried lots of times and the A-66 takes very long, you have many traffic lights in La Virgen del Camino and then you still have to go downtown, the A-11 allows you to go to the main strreet of León with not a single one and there are no retentions at all.

Quote:
Once A-60 is completed to A-231 next year it almost entirely removes the need for LE-11 for traffic to/from Burgos and Valladolid

But still will have the traffic to go to Madrid, the South of Galicia, Portugal and The Ruta de la Plata...

Quote:
If you come from A-66 you can take the C-622 exit which leads straight into the industrial area. The difference with LE-11 is minimal, in fact it takes a little longer to reach the industrial area via LE-11.]
The problem are again the traffic lights in Trobajo del Cerecedo, the so many intersections and the cross road with the N-630 which can tahe veeeery long to access the N-630 coming from La Bañeza, The difference is really no minimal, in that short space can be 15min. difference to go downtown...

Old December 28th, 2012, 02:02 PM   #3375
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogregor View Post
We had a lot of cash to splash and roads are being built according to plans drawn back then. You just can't demolished a freeway which construction is already started. Budget has been cut and construction slowed, but it U/C freeways will be ultimately opened.
verreme no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 05:11 PM   #3376
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
A-11
For the record, it's LE-11, not A-11. A-11 is an east-west Autovía from Soria to the Portuguese border (when completed).

Quote:
Believe me, I tried lots of times and the A-66 takes very long, you have many traffic lights in La Virgen del Camino and then you still have to go downtown,
Why would you drive from A-66 through La Virgen del Camino while there is LE-30 available? LE-30 is the southern bypass of León and connects AP-71, A-66, LE-11 and A-60. I am talking about this route. While it looks a lot longer than LE-11 on the map, the difference in time is only a few minutes. A-66 + LE-30 is 5 kilometers longer, but saves you 2 - 3 roundabouts in LE-11.

So..

Quote:
the A-11 allows you to go to the main strreet of León with not a single one and there are no retentions at all.
LE-11 gives access to León at the exact same location as LE-30 would.

Also for the record: "retentions" is not the right English word for a traffic jam or congestion.

Quote:
The problem are again the traffic lights in Trobajo del Cerecedo, the so many intersections and the cross road with the N-630 which can tahe veeeery long to access the N-630 coming from La Bañeza, The difference is really no minimal, in that short space can be 15min. difference to go downtown...
I was talking about access to the industrial area from the south, like you mentioned in your earlier post. Of course using N-630 or C-622 from A-66 to León isn't the best route, but it does give direct access to the industrial area from the south. For all other León destinations you can use LE-30.
Old December 28th, 2012, 05:57 PM   #3377
Filandon

I know which route you were talking about, I drive there 3 or 4 times a week. My point is that no matter which route you mentioned it was an odissey to go downtown, also to connect with the LE-30... but now that problem is solved and since three days ago is the first time that you can connect with the LE-30 or go downtown without traffic lights or congestions

Really, Have you driven there? Why don't you believe me? with the new access you really save 15 minutes, no reason to lie

True is LE-30 and traffic jams. Sorry, I'm writing with ipad, I'm in Germany with frenchies and got confused with all the different languages and new roads...

And edit to say one more thing: To build a road in Spain can be relative cheap but also more expensive than in most of countries, the orography we have in Spain is not the same as in Holland, just have to count the ammount of tunnels we have... Also Calle 30 in Madrid was not specially cheap, or to do something in the area around Barcelona, the Mediterranean Coast or Northern Spain is not specially cheap either...

Last edited by Filandon; December 28th, 2012 at 06:09 PM.
Old December 28th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #3378
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1932

Quote:
The A-11 will be the most used access to León without any doubt because it goes straight into town without any traffic light. To enter the city by the A-66 takes really long and you don't arrive to the center but to Trobajo which is really a pain.

The A-60 is now with very little use because it ends in a croosroad with lots of traffic in the middle of a village and with a very narrow bridge where Pilgers and lots of heavy traffic meet. The bridge has two curves has a crossroad at the end and there are no sidewalks at one point so it is horrible. Also the connections are not good to exit or enter León... the problem are the archeological patrimony which was found (Lancia) and which has stopped the works there. Next month they will say if it is possible to continue the works for 5 km to avoid that.

Until this is solved and the stretch until Santas Martas is finished the A-11 will be the best option coming from Burgos or Valladolid, of course also from Benavente and for the workers of the industrial areas around. this 9 km save 15 min. from the time used until now!
It's LE-11, A-11 is nowhere near León (Edit: I did not saw Chris post before). Our numbering system is a real mess, they should renumber all those A-xxx in Andalusia, Aragon and Alava and give to those motorways near cities A-xxx designations. BTW, the city has no relation with lions ("león" is Spanish for lion).
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 08:06 PM   #3379
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
To build a road in Spain can be relative cheap but also more expensive than in most of countries, the orography we have in Spain is not the same as in Holland, just have to count the ammount of tunnels we have...
A common misconception is that because the Netherlands is flat, motorway construction is cheap. It is not. We have one of the most difficult soils in Europe (peat, bog and basically soup), so constructing a motorway in the Spanish mountains can actually be cheaper than a motorway in the Netherlands. For example we have a 7 kilometer motorway through flat terrain costing € 100 million per kilometer and not a single building needs to be demolished.
Old December 29th, 2012, 12:04 AM   #3380
Filandon

I was not comparing, but just pointing that building highways in Spain is not cheap at all, every country has its own characteristics and in Spain the orography can be as nice as complicated for infrastructure, also the land can be extremily expensive... By the way, the price for the Calle 30 in Madrid, also flat, has been also around 100 million per kilometer and also not a single building was demolished...

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida