daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old January 18th, 2013, 05:18 PM   #3481
verreme
Registered User
 
verreme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 1,392
Likes (Received): 645

I finally uploaded my first C-25 (Eix Transversal) video. It's the most impressive part of this motorway, with lots of viaducts and tunnels.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Peines View Post
One question I have since I have the license… What is the use for this signal ? (Vias para automoviles)



I never seen a road signed with that, only access to Autovia.
Road restricted to motor traffic, speed limit 100 km/h.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post
I think it is obsolete
It's still in our driving code.
__________________

timo9 liked this post
verreme no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 25th, 2013, 09:21 AM   #3482
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse
 
alserrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zaragoza
Posts: 59,783

N-330 new stretch in Arguis (5 km) for A-23 is now under service. All cars will drive in a 1x1 lane that will be the two lanes direction Huesca this year.

Old 1x1 lanes are now closed for a full refurbishment.
__________________
Ya ves que fuimos puente herido de abrazos detenidos por ver la libertad


(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2013, 10:35 AM   #3483
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin
 
g.spinoza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Torino
Posts: 9,500
Likes (Received): 2111

you mean 2x1?
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2013, 11:06 AM   #3484
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse
 
alserrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zaragoza
Posts: 59,783

Yes, sorry. It will be two different "roads" with two lanes (and in somewhere separated by the river).

One is the old N-330 that will be refurbished. The other one is new.

The new one has been opened and all traffic is going there since today (only one lane per direction). Old road is being refurbished for the motorway.

When refurbishment will end it will be changed to 2x2
__________________
Ya ves que fuimos puente herido de abrazos detenidos por ver la libertad


(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2013, 12:05 PM   #3485
verreme
Registered User
 
verreme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 1,392
Likes (Received): 645

There's some more information about the new driving code being implemented this Spring. Apparently, speed limits on single-carriageway roads will be lowered to 60 km/h in roads narrower than 6,5 m. And yes that is a high percentage of the Spanish road network. Otherwise speed will be 90 km/h; no 100 km/h limits are set to remain.

*****

Second issue of my Eix Transversal video:

__________________
verreme no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2013, 02:44 PM   #3486
CNGL
Leudimin
 
CNGL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Huesca
Posts: 7,457
Likes (Received): 1932

I have driven on the new road near Nueno. It will become the Southbound lanes once the A-23 motorway is finished, the previous road is now closed for upgrade to motorway standards. Meanwhile, you can drive temporally on the "wrong" way (As it happens further up the Monrepós pass).
__________________
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 03:44 PM   #3487
Proof Sheet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 43
Likes (Received): 11

Speeding ticket on c-14 Reus

Yesterday, I got a notice in the mail from servei catala de transit from Tarragona about a speeding ticket I received from July 23, 2012. It was a rental car (I was the driver) and I was caught going 115 km/h on C-14 near Reus (via photo radar). From what I can figure out the base fine is 100 euros but there is a way to only pay 50 euros.

I imagine my rental car company forwarded on the information.

Anybody know how to pay these (I am in Canada and can't really speak spanish) and what the implications are if I don't?

PM if you feel that is more appropriate.

Thanks
Proof Sheet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 03:57 PM   #3488
OriK
Usuario Registrado
 
OriK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 721
Likes (Received): 173

I don't know if it's the same for Transit, but DGT allows you to pay with a credit card...

The pay instructions should be in the e-mail, you can paste it (ommitting personal information) and we could try to help you.

About the implications... I think it's unpredictable... probably nothing would happen but... who knows...
OriK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 04:40 PM   #3489
Proof Sheet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 43
Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriK View Post
I don't know if it's the same for Transit, but DGT allows you to pay with a credit card...

The pay instructions should be in the e-mail, you can paste it (ommitting personal information) and we could try to help you.

About the implications... I think it's unpredictable... probably nothing would happen but... who knows...
Thanks for the reply...I did call their #, got a prompt for english and spoke to a nice fellow there. I was able to pay via credit card. What a system....115 km/h in a 100 km/h zone and the base fine is 100 euros,....but if you pay after the 1st notice is sent (which took 6 months to arrive) the fine is 1/2....50 euros. They told me that technically 101 km/h is subject to a fine.

They claimed that based on the name of the fine....'notificacion de aceuerdo de incoacion de oficio de un expediente sanciondar' the information does not get sent to my Ontario drivers licence bureau or my insurance company.
Proof Sheet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 05:11 PM   #3490
OriK
Usuario Registrado
 
OriK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 721
Likes (Received): 173

Technically 101 is subject to a fine but they usually apply a margin.

Catalonia margin is usually +4km/h up to a limit of 100km/h and +4% above that limit so 105 is subject to a fine. You have to add the error margin of the speed cam that is usually 0% but the speed on the fine is already corrected with this margin (if it exists) :S

Fines usually take less than 6 months to arrive but with rental cars and foreigners it's more complicated.

And you won't have to worry about the fine again as it's the minimum fine, if you were Spanish it wouldn't affect your license so they are not going to send the record to anywhere.
OriK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 07:36 PM   #3491
Fane40
Landes-40-SW of F.
 
Fane40's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dax
Posts: 204
Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proof Sheet View Post
Yesterday, I got a notice in the mail from servei catala de transit from Tarragona about a speeding ticket I received from July 23, 2012. It was a rental car (I was the driver) and I was caught going 115 km/h on C-14 near Reus (via photo radar). From what I can figure out the base fine is 100 euros but there is a way to only pay 50 euros.

I imagine my rental car company forwarded on the information.

Anybody know how to pay these (I am in Canada and can't really speak spanish) and what the implications are if I don't?

PM if you feel that is more appropriate.

Thanks
If you are sure to come back never in Spain, then do not pay the fine.
Nobody will make you to pay it. Even your own police.
You certainly will receive some other letters in the future for a call to order by the rental company. Don't worry, and forget them.
You will save your money, and with that go to a good restaurant.
But, that's only my point of view...
Fane40 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 10:29 PM   #3492
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse
 
alserrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zaragoza
Posts: 59,783

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proof Sheet View Post
Thanks for the reply...I did call their #, got a prompt for english and spoke to a nice fellow there. I was able to pay via credit card. What a system....115 km/h in a 100 km/h zone and the base fine is 100 euros,....but if you pay after the 1st notice is sent (which took 6 months to arrive) the fine is 1/2....50 euros. They told me that technically 101 km/h is subject to a fine.

They claimed that based on the name of the fine....'notificacion de aceuerdo de incoacion de oficio de un expediente sanciondar' the information does not get sent to my Ontario drivers licence bureau or my insurance company.


In fact driving over speed limit, even if it is only 1 km/h more, it could be fined.
They must demostrate their radars are adapted to that precission (but current radars are, be sure!).

Nevertheless.... 6 months?. I'm not pretty sure but I think you could avoid it. It is just because there are three fault levels are obviously your case is the lowest. There are three months to communicate officialy to driver... but I really do not know how does it go when it is a rental car (this is, they wrote to the rental company and your address was given back).
Maybe an acclaim would had been sucessful, maybe not. But it had to be written in an accurate Catalan or Spanish... and if a quick paying and no claiming you have that 50% reduction.
__________________
Ya ves que fuimos puente herido de abrazos detenidos por ver la libertad


(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 10:59 PM   #3493
Proof Sheet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 43
Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post
In fact driving over speed limit, even if it is only 1 km/h more, it could be fined.
They must demostrate their radars are adapted to that precission (but current radars are, be sure!).

Nevertheless.... 6 months?. I'm not pretty sure but I think you could avoid it. It is just because there are three fault levels are obviously your case is the lowest. There are three months to communicate officialy to driver... but I really do not know how does it go when it is a rental car (this is, they wrote to the rental company and your address was given back).
Maybe an acclaim would had been sucessful, maybe not. But it had to be written in an accurate Catalan or Spanish... and if a quick paying and no claiming you have that 50% reduction.
Thanks.....the funny thing is that when the photo was taken I was following behind some people we know who are from Zaragoza. Yes, they did send the notice to the rental company.

Hopefully, this is the end of it....later on in the vacation I was going about 145 km/h in a 120 km/h zone on the autopista between Tarragona and Barcelona in order to get to the airport in time.

Three months to communicate is far too long as during that time people in a household will forget who was the person driving at the time.

Due to the fact that it is photo radar, I don't see how they can link it to your drivers licence or car insurance.

Other than this little surprise, it was a lovely visit (1st time) to Spain.
Proof Sheet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 11:21 PM   #3494
OriK
Usuario Registrado
 
OriK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 721
Likes (Received): 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post
In fact driving over speed limit, even if it is only 1 km/h more, it could be fined.
They must demostrate their radars are adapted to that precission (but current radars are, be sure!).

Nevertheless.... 6 months?. I'm not pretty sure but I think you could avoid it. It is just because there are three fault levels are obviously your case is the lowest. There are three months to communicate officialy to driver... but I really do not know how does it go when it is a rental car (this is, they wrote to the rental company and your address was given back).
Maybe an acclaim would had been sucessful, maybe not. But it had to be written in an accurate Catalan or Spanish... and if a quick paying and no claiming you have that 50% reduction.
It's considered a severe fault (the least severe of all, but still severe) and as it, the maximum time for notifying the fine is 6 months, this time is suspended while they are investigating who was the driver (for a maximum time of a month) so it could be 7 months.
OriK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 11:46 PM   #3495
OriK
Usuario Registrado
 
OriK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 721
Likes (Received): 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proof Sheet View Post
Thanks.....the funny thing is that when the photo was taken I was following behind some people we know who are from Zaragoza. Yes, they did send the notice to the rental company.

Hopefully, this is the end of it....later on in the vacation I was going about 145 km/h in a 120 km/h zone on the autopista between Tarragona and Barcelona in order to get to the airport in time.

Three months to communicate is far too long as during that time people in a household will forget who was the person driving at the time.

Due to the fact that it is photo radar, I don't see how they can link it to your drivers licence or car insurance.

Other than this little surprise, it was a lovely visit (1st time) to Spain.
For what I see, the process has been a bit different for you... here you usually receive a notification at home in few weeks (it doesn't usually take more than 2 months) asking you to identify the driver. If you fail identifying the driver, fine doubles and it's imposed to the owner, some people do this to avoid loosing points in their licenses...

Once the driver is identified, a notification with the fine is sent to the driver.

The driver can accept the fine in the voluntary period (as you did) paying 50%,
or accept the fine in the compulsory period paying 100%,
or disagree and send allegations.

If you are worrying about... 145km/h on a 120Km/h road is fined with the same amount, 100€ (that could be 50€) but you would be really unlucky if fined twice!
OriK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 12:22 AM   #3496
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse
 
alserrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zaragoza
Posts: 59,783

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proof Sheet View Post
Thanks.....the funny thing is that when the photo was taken I was following behind some people we know who are from Zaragoza. Yes, they did send the notice to the rental company.

Hopefully, this is the end of it....later on in the vacation I was going about 145 km/h in a 120 km/h zone on the autopista between Tarragona and Barcelona in order to get to the airport in time.

Three months to communicate is far too long as during that time people in a household will forget who was the person driving at the time.

Due to the fact that it is photo radar, I don't see how they can link it to your drivers licence or car insurance.

Other than this little surprise, it was a lovely visit (1st time) to Spain.
As far as I know, driver has to know just driver at any time (and supossed to remember always, or not lending keys to anybody...).

At Catalonia and Basque country, fines are managed by regional government. Even if the law and rules are the same.

More than one year ago, one relative received a fine taken the day after Christmas (Post is usually slower in those days). He received in just six weekly days only!!!. In the same paper, in one side all the data and in a corner a space to identify the driver if he weren't
In the other side, the radar photo and radar calibration report (they are the most asked papers by fined drivers so the directly print them and they avoid you to ask for them).

If he agreed... 50% discount



Anyway, if you are sure you are not going to come to Spain (or maybe in ten years), nothing would happen if not paying. Maybe being an EU citizen.... but nothing if coming from Canada.
__________________
Ya ves que fuimos puente herido de abrazos detenidos por ver la libertad


(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2013, 05:58 PM   #3497
verreme
Registered User
 
verreme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 1,392
Likes (Received): 645

Lleida Southern bypass (C-13) opened today. It is not an autovía, though all junctions except the Eastern terminus are grade-separated, it is entirely dual-carriageway and tractors are banned from entering. About half of the project (from N-240 to LL-11) lies on an entirely new alignment; the other half (from LL-12 to LL-11) is a duplication of the existing grade-separated, single-carriageway road.

This bypass is part of a bigger project to build an autovia from Lleida to Balaguer. The next three sections are in different planning stages. Furthermore, negotiations are being held with land owners west of LL-12 to extend this bypass to A-2.

Picture from the official press release:



Map
__________________
verreme no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2013, 06:22 PM   #3498
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,603
Likes (Received): 19391

Nice. The alignment is visible in Google Earth as well. It looks like it has all the characteristics of an autovía, except for the roundabout with LL-11. I wonder why they didn't extend it to A-2.

I once got lost in Lleida with my last vacation with my parents (I could choose the destination and I chose Spain ) We came from Barbastro and were headed for Sitges and we confused A-2 with AP-2. Back in those days the difference between A and AP was only just introduced and not present on most maps.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2013, 06:52 PM   #3499
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse
 
alserrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zaragoza
Posts: 59,783

Differences between A and AP are from 2003... and maybe some maps are not correctly updated
__________________
Ya ves que fuimos puente herido de abrazos detenidos por ver la libertad


(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2013, 08:20 PM   #3500
verreme
Registered User
 
verreme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 1,392
Likes (Received): 645

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Nice. The alignment is visible in Google Earth as well. It looks like it has all the characteristics of an autovía, except for the roundabout with LL-11. I wonder why they didn't extend it to A-2.

I once got lost in Lleida with my last vacation with my parents (I could choose the destination and I chose Spain ) We came from Barbastro and were headed for Sitges and we confused A-2 with AP-2. Back in those days the difference between A and AP was only just introduced and not present on most maps.
Extension to A-2 is still at a planning stage, but there's a political will to get it built, as well as the rest of the motorway to Balaguer. No deadlines though.
__________________
verreme no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium