daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 31st, 2013, 08:32 PM   #3501
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1931

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Nice. The alignment is visible in Google Earth as well. It looks like it has all the characteristics of an autovía, except for the roundabout with LL-11. I wonder why they didn't extend it to A-2.
I believe the roundabout is a temporary thing until they build the new road North. But for all purposes I consider this new C-13 section full motorway (And as such I posted the opening on the motorway openings thread) even if it is not signed as one. And as verreme pointed out, there are plans to make a full ringroad about Lleida.

Quote:
I once got lost in Lleida with my last vacation with my parents (I could choose the destination and I chose Spain ) We came from Barbastro and were headed for Sitges and we confused A-2 with AP-2. Back in those days the difference between A and AP was only just introduced and not present on most maps.
There was no A-22 back then. Oh, and if you come back to Spain PM me please.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 31st, 2013, 08:39 PM   #3502
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
There was no A-22 back then. Oh, and if you come back to Spain PM me please.

Are you sure? A-22 at Monzon was opened in 2006

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2013, 08:54 PM   #3503
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

I drove there in 2006 and I do not recall A-22 being opened yet. Monzón bypass opened in 2008. (22 July to be exact). I remember seeing circle irrigation along the N-240 for the first time in my life.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2013, 09:07 PM   #3504
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Let me ask in another thread because I was in centre Monzon in July 2007 and I do not remember heavy traffic and I'm absolutely sure that strech Ponzano-El Pueyo was opened in January 2009. I drove there the day after opening and posted somewhere.

Edit: Sure... Ponzano-El Pueyo in A-22 was opened in January 30th, 2009 and I drove there the day after
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=1778

(exaaaaaactly four years ago since today. It was on weekend and making a trip to Barbastro).

Old January 31st, 2013, 09:34 PM   #3505
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1931

The first section of A-22 was opened in 2008. Maybe it was Sunday when you were in Monzón (Funny, is not that rainy despite it translates to "monsoon"). I have driven on Z-40/E90 superhighway on a Sunday, I felt like driving in North Korea .
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 11:52 AM   #3506
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

My last video of Eix Transversal:

With this and Lleida Southern bypass, there are no more regional-government-financed motorways U/C in Catalonia. Not even major roads. All we have is tons of projects and plans
Old February 2nd, 2013, 12:59 AM   #3507
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
I drove there in 2006 and I do not recall A-22 being opened yet. Monzón bypass opened in 2008. (22 July to be exact). I remember seeing circle irrigation along the N-240 for the first time in my life.

You're rigtht!

Prove, July 22nd, 2008 at 10:30

One Aragonese forumer has remembered exactly the hour and about not calling local authorities

Old February 2nd, 2013, 07:15 PM   #3508
miliar

Likes (Received): 36

Some news about Spanish roads :

Last Monday, Regional Highway Ourense - Celanova (AG-31) (18,7 km) was opened in Galicia.

Source: RTVE

On the other hand, works on N-322 in the North of Albacete finished some months ago. A five-kilometre-long dual-carriageway has been built from the junction with A-31, where Albacete ring road finishes, to Pinares de Jucar crossroad.

Source: La Verdad

Regards.
miliar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2013, 11:22 PM   #3509
Peines
Peter

Likes (Received): 99

WHAT WHAT??? A autovia with a national road number...???
Peines no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2013, 11:53 PM   #3510
joinmanzano
Register Usered

Some photos of the second section (A-92 - A-375) of SE-40, the second ringroad of Seville. It hasn't been opened yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujo View Post
Unas fotos de Sevilla21 desde uno de los puentes que cruzan el nuevo tramo de la SE-40. Este tramo está ya acabado pero aún sin fecha de apertura

sus flancos el trozo andaluz del planeta. Hacia 1900, como tantas otras cosas, cambia ésta. El Norte se incorpora.
-José Ortega y Gasset, Teoría de Andalucía (1927)
joinmanzano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2013, 12:23 AM   #3511
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peines View Post
WHAT WHAT??? A autovia with a national road number...???
There are a few in the Bilbao area as well.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 08:46 AM   #3512
Aokromes
Patatero Inside

Likes (Received): 2648

Or Vitoria-Gasteiz

The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts. Gene Spafford.
I am Basque, not Russian, the "Siberia" thing is a joke.
Aokromes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2013, 12:20 PM   #3513
verreme

Autovías with N-x road numbers do not only exist in the Basque Country. Here's one in Zaragoza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miliar View Post
Some news about Spanish roads :

On the other hand, works on N-322 in the North of Albacete finished some months ago. A five-kilometre-long dual-carriageway has been built from the junction with A-31, where Albacete ring road finishes, to Pinares de Jucar crossroad.

Source: La Verdad

Regards.
That is awesome news. I suppose there is a full-motorway interchange between A-31 and N-322 now, right? The previous situation, that featured with a left turn in a four-lane single-carriageway road, was extremely dangerous and out of place for a road of such importance.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 02:05 PM   #3514
miliar

Likes (Received): 36

Yes. This interchange has been refurbished. In fact, works have taken several years. I drove through A-31 last summer and exits on this junction was been modified.

As you say, there are still some examples of N-XXX dual-carriageways, as N-601 in Valladolid :

http://maps.google.es/?ll=41.564023,...39.58,,0,10.25

In my opinion, N-322 through Albacete should have been upgraded to A-32.
miliar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2013, 03:18 PM   #3515
verreme

Yes it should, especially now that other stretches of A-32 are being built further West.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 06:28 PM   #3516
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by verreme View Post
Autovías with N-x road numbers do not only exist in the Basque Country. Here's one in Zaragoza.
This stretch of N-232 near Zaragoza is 3x3 with four traffic lights.

It was named as A-68 until the motorway that links AP-68 (untolled there) and A-68 near Utebo was opened. Then it came again to N-232
https://maps.google.es/?ll=41.687207...84543&t=h&z=14

N-330 south has never changed the name. Now it has some roundabouts after building A-23 (which goes absolutely beside)
https://maps.google.es/?ll=41.604839...,23.39,,0,4.29

N-330 north was named as A-23, E-07 even if it had a big, big roundabout and several U turns using left lane.

When in 2008 a new exit to north was opened, it became again to N-330

https://maps.google.es/?ll=41.695635...42272&t=h&z=15

Old February 3rd, 2013, 06:46 PM   #3517
Shulamithie
BANNED

We have these unclassifiable roads because politicians think both that highways are cool and that people are utter idiots. They are able to put blue signals in roads like this one:
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=anzan...53.65,,0,13.58
...And then to say that we're lucky because we have 42 new kilometres of highway... and they expect us to believe it.
Shulamithie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2013, 07:10 PM   #3518
ChrisZwolle
Road user

AP-7 Cartagena - Vera

The AP-7 Cartagena - Vera entered bankruptcy with a liability of € 550 million. The 115 kilometer toll road opened in 2007 but traffic volumes were way below expectations. The first 8 months of 2012 recorded a daily average volume of 3100 vehicles per day.

http://noticias.lainformacion.com/ec...UfuUNXqPVyob1/
Old February 4th, 2013, 09:19 PM   #3519
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21227

What will happen? Will the regional government take over the company for a fraction of the price?
Suburbanist está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 01:32 AM   #3520
Sunfuns

Likes (Received): 361

I assume this happened because there is a perfectly adequate non-toll road going in the same direction or another more convenient motorway. Correct?
Sunfuns no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida