daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 14th, 2013, 10:56 AM   #3541
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Are there still plans to construct A-40 from Toledo to Ocaña? That seems like the only viable link in terms of traffic volume.
Yes there are. It would be really helpful to bypass Madrid when going from the Northern half of the Mediterranean coast to Portugal.

Completion is however unclear. Infrastructure which works are yet to be started seem to have fallen in a limbo. Nobody is giving any deadlines. There are still plans for everything though. Almost nothing of what was planned in the mid-2000s economic boom has been scrapped.

Sponsored Links
Old February 14th, 2013, 12:09 PM   #3542
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

The "other option" partially built is via Manzanares-Puertollano

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 11:24 PM   #3543
Vignole
e^(iπ)+1=0

Likes (Received): 479

Here there is a map with the original plans:

It was planned to convert CM-4001 into a 2+2 autovía.

Here all the detailed project maps:

http://www.fedeto.es/noticias/Autovi...20Illescas.pdf
http://www.fedeto.es/noticias/Autovi...01%20Borox.pdf
http://www.fedeto.es/noticias/Autovi...0de%20Tajo.pdf
Vignole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2013, 01:52 AM   #3544
RV

Likes (Received): 275

Wow, are there maps like that with other motorway projects in Spain somewhere?
RV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2013, 03:52 AM   #3545
timo9
11 YEARS HERE!

Likes (Received): 2078

Quote:
Originally Posted by verreme View Post
My last video of Eix Transversal:

With this and Lleida Southern bypass, there are no more regional-government-financed motorways U/C in Catalonia. Not even major roads. All we have is tons of projects and plans
Is that true? despite the fact that Catalonia is the main economic region in Spain!!!
timo9 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2013, 08:54 AM   #3546
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

You can't build motorways forever. At some point all major routes with high volumes are bypassed by motorways. Catalonia has one of the best motorway systems of any region in Europe.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2013, 09:04 AM   #3547
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21241

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
You can't build motorways forever. At some point all major routes with high volumes are bypassed by motorways. Catalonia has one of the best motorway systems of any region in Europe.
It would be more complete if it had a better connection to Andorra and Foix (F).
Suburbanist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2013, 11:01 AM   #3548
Vignole
e^(iπ)+1=0

Likes (Received): 479

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV View Post
Wow, are there maps like that with other motorway projects in Spain somewhere?
Difficult to find them uploaded.
Vignole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2013, 11:02 AM   #3549
verreme

A video of C-15 from its southern terminus at Vilanova i la Geltrú to Anoia region. First half of the video is motorway-standard. It opened in December 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timo9 View Post
Is that true? despite the fact that Catalonia is the main economic region in Spain!!!
Yes. But there's no money left for roads. A handful more motorways are planned, but they are not likely to be built anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
It would be more complete if it had a better connection to Andorra and Foix (F).
Planning of duplication of C-16 from Berga to Bagà is very advanced, as well as Puigcerdà bypass. There was a plan to connect Barcelona and Toulouse via a full motorway-standard route by 2020, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Another motorway that is in advanced planning stages are C-66 Palafrugell-Girona (to close the ring shaped by C-35, C-65, C-31 and AP-7). Les Preses bypass of C-37 (from its current terminus til A-26) is another major road (not a motorway) that will most likely be delayed. Other projects, such as Lleida southwestern bypass or Ronda del Maresme (a dual-carriageway road with roundabouts running parallel to C-32 from Montgat to Malgrat de Mar to relieve N-II from through traffic; stretch Montgat-Mataró was ready to start construction in 2010) were indefinitely delayed.

Only C-32 extension to Lloret de Mar seems not delayed by budget cuts, as it will be financed by the toll operator of the motorway (despite being built as a toll-free, single-carriageway road).

Most of these projects should bypass routes served by ordinary roads with traffic volumes higher than 20.000 vehicles per day in long distances.

Vignole liked this post
verreme no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2013, 11:39 AM   #3550
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

If you ask me, I think that Catalonia now should think in Lerida-Amposta

Old February 15th, 2013, 12:27 PM   #3551
PascalPascal2010

Likes (Received): 5

Still there are some things missing like C32 Lloret-Blanes and C63 Lloret-Vidreres. These roads are full of trafific jams - but only in summer.
PascalPascal2010 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2013, 12:49 PM   #3552
verreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post
If you ask me, I think that Catalonia now should think in Lerida-Amposta
Current C-12 is more than enough for the traffic it bears. It's a very good road and traffic volumes are mostly below 10.000 vehicles per day; I don't think that is enough to justify a motorway. The only bottleneck is Tortosa, but there's a project to revamp it that involves a 2-kilometer motorway stretch and an underpass to replace a very busy intersection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PascalPascal2010 View Post
Still there are some things missing like C32 Lloret-Blanes and C63 Lloret-Vidreres. These roads are full of trafific jams - but only in summer.
When C-32 is built C-63 will be relieved of Barcelona-Lloret traffic. That should be enough to remove congestion in the area. Shame that there is no decent public-transport way to get to Lloret.
Old February 15th, 2013, 02:27 PM   #3553
gincan
Gincan

Likes (Received): 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
It is only the last 10-15 km of E9 on the Spanish side that is not grade separated, on the French side however...
gincan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2013, 12:24 PM   #3554
DReardon1959

Likes (Received): 0

Hello from Canada - I am new to this forum. In 1983 I spent a summer bicycling from Santander to Santiago de C. to Coimbra to La Alberca to El Escorial to Huesca, through France and back to England. I am digitizing my many hundreds of photographs and trying to recollect the exact route. I am having difficulty piecing together my journey from El Escorial to Ordesa National park and hope some kind person might be willing to assist. I am unable to match landmarks I photographed with internet images such as found in Panoramio. Particularly I am stuck figuring out which small roads I took from Manzanares to Zaragoza. Am I likely to be a nuisance to this forum?
DReardon1959 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2013, 01:14 PM   #3555
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1936

I think I have the explanation for your difficulties: Almost EVERY road in Spain has changed numbers since your trip. And then, I can't help that much, since I was born 10 years after you were around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by verreme View Post
A video of C-15 from its southern terminus at Vilanova i la Geltrú to Anoia region. First half of the video is motorway-standard. It opened in December 2011.
I like the that time-lapsed motor sound. Some things: While a motorway it passes through California . Then when it suddenly becomes a single carriageway I would ignore the signs since they aren't written in Spanish as required, but they have the single carriageway warning sign. And finally around 5:00 it passes through (or, most likely, just outside) the smallest municipality in Catalonia: Puigdàlber.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2013, 01:16 PM   #3556
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

You're not a nuisance at all!!!. Ask whatever you want and we will try to help you.

It is possible you passed near my city and I hope I would recognise most of landscapes in pictures.

Post them here or post a link and will try to help.

Old February 16th, 2013, 02:12 PM   #3557
DReardon1959

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post
You're not a nuisance at all!!!. Ask whatever you want and we will try to help you.

It is possible you passed near my city and I hope I would recognise most of landscapes in pictures.

Post them here or post a link and will try to help.

My sincerest thanks - I am preparing a series of photos and will post them soon...
DReardon1959 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2013, 03:16 PM   #3558
arriaca
BANNED

Likes (Received): 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by DReardon1959 View Post
Hello from Canada - I am new to this forum. In 1983 I spent a summer bicycling from Santander to Santiago de C. to Coimbra to La Alberca to El Escorial to Huesca, through France and back to England. I am digitizing my many hundreds of photographs and trying to recollect the exact route. I am having difficulty piecing together my journey from El Escorial to Ordesa National park and hope some kind person might be willing to assist. I am unable to match landmarks I photographed with internet images such as found in Panoramio. Particularly I am stuck figuring out which small roads I took from Manzanares to Zaragoza. Am I likely to be a nuisance to this forum?
Spanish forum members can help with roads. You can open a new thread here, or else you can use this.
arriaca no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2013, 06:13 PM   #3559
Peines
Peter

Likes (Received): 99

A-6 + M-505 + M-50

Some pics from yesterday:

Madrid A-6 Motorway HOV Lanes and M-505 & M-50 (Majadahonda):

And some pics from return trip, A-6 and the begin of Sinesio Delgado Avenue (in Madrid).

Peines no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2013, 12:48 AM   #3560
timo9
11 YEARS HERE!

Likes (Received): 2078

Really cool thank's Peines for sharing
timo9 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida