daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 4th, 2013, 06:12 PM   #3601
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

A-8 works were visited by minister this morning

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 4th, 2013, 10:40 PM   #3602
adevahi

Likes (Received): 1067

Tomorrow will be opened the 2nd part of SE-40: 6,4 km that starts in A-92 and finish in A-376, concretely the corner down at the left of this picture:

The 3rd part was under construction until some months ago, when the major of Dos Hermanas told to change some things of the project so now there's no advance in there, however the 3rd part would be the most successful if the 1st and 2nd are opened.
adevahi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 10:48 PM   #3603
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

What's the next segment to open? From the looks on Google Earth it appears that the Almensilla - A-49 segment is by far the most completed (west side of Sevilla) and could be opened this year as well.

Are they already constructing that tunnel under the Guadalquivir? Is it a bored tunnel or immersed tunnel?
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 11:37 PM   #3604
adevahi

Before anything I have to say that this segment was finished a lot of some months ago (in summer, see www.sevilla21.com/foro) but because of an unknown reason it haven't be opened until now.
There's no notice about which segment will be the next. Some years ago it was planned to be the 3rd part (A-376/A-4 south) but since the works were stopped it's not sure. The spanish government, andalusian government or city halls haven't say anything.
About the tunnels, it would be 3 or 4 bored tunnel, also we have one boring machine here ready for start working since some months ago... but still haven't started. I hope they could be done early because is the most important part of all the road: "El puente del V Centenario" is the other chance for crossing the river and every morning and mid-day has traffic jams.
I bet (without official reasons) the order will be:
1st: Almensilla- A-49 in 2014
2nd: A-376/A-4 in 2014/2015
3rd: Tunnels in 2016 or later

Last edited by adevahi; March 5th, 2013 at 12:59 AM.
Old March 4th, 2013, 11:38 PM   #3605
adevahi

Before anything I have to say that this semgent was finished a lot of some months ago (in summer, see www.sevilla21.com/foro) but because of an unknown reason it haven't be opened until now.
There's no notice about which segment will be the next. Some years ago it was planned to be the 3rd part (A-376/A-4 south) but since the works were stopped it's not sure. The spanish government, andalusian government or city halls haven't say anything.
About the tunnels, it would be a bored tunnel, also we have the boring machine here ready for start working since some months ago... but still haven't started. I hope they could be done early because is the most important part of all the road: "El puente del V Centenario" is the other chance for crossing the river and every morning and mid-day has traffic jams.
I bet (without official reasons) the order will be:
1st: Almensilla- A-49 in 2014
2nd: A-376/A-4 in 2014/2015
3rd: Tunnels in 2016 or later
Old March 7th, 2013, 02:25 PM   #3606
ajch

Likes (Received): 75

OMG

Goverment is going to up the speed in motorways and expressways (Vias Rapidas) to 130 km/h (they were only to down the speed in road to 90 km/h, but now we have this little surprise)

http://www.diariosur.es/rc/20130307/...303071245.html
ajch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2013, 04:26 PM   #3607
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I don't like it. If I understand correctly, they can impose speed limits of 70 km/h on roads narrower than 6.5 meters. That is way too low, 6 m wide roads can easily handle 80 km/h traffic. The speed limit in the Netherlands on rural roads is 80 km/h where lanes have a standard width of 2.75 m each (!) Also, are they really going to implement 30 km/h on two-lane urban roads? That would make little sense in many cases.

I hope they implement these speeds on a case by case basis, and not a default speed limit. The Netherlands did that which resulted in a huge number of 6 m wide, straight rural roads with separate cyclepaths being 60 km/h only.
Old March 7th, 2013, 07:33 PM   #3608
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

The A-8 3 km remaining near Cudillero were opened to traffic yesterday

Official press note

http://www.fomento.gob.es/MFOM/LANG_.../130305-03.htm

In google maps we can see stretch on works
https://maps.google.es/maps?q=cudill...+Asturias&z=13

Old March 8th, 2013, 10:47 AM   #3609
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I don't like it. If I understand correctly, they can impose speed limits of 70 km/h on roads narrower than 6.5 meters. That is way too low, 6 m wide roads can easily handle 80 km/h traffic. The speed limit in the Netherlands on rural roads is 80 km/h where lanes have a standard width of 2.75 m each (!) Also, are they really going to implement 30 km/h on two-lane urban roads? That would make little sense in many cases.

I hope they implement these speeds on a case by case basis, and not a default speed limit. The Netherlands did that which resulted in a huge number of 6 m wide, straight rural roads with separate cyclepaths being 60 km/h only.
They are going even further. They want to set a 70 km/h speed limit on narrow (<6.5m) roads with center line, and 50 km/h in the ones with no center line. 100 km/h limits in wide roads are also set to be gone. 130 km/h would only be implemented in motorways with variable signage; outside Barcelona metro area there are none of them in the rest of Spain, so we'll hardly see any 130 km/h speed limits. 30 km/h on two-lane urban roads is also part of the proposal, they have been talking about it since two years ago.

This is a whole bunch of nonsense. It will be the most restrictive system in Europe. But they fear no opposition, because there's none. Anything done in the name of Our Holy Mother Road Safety is justifiable.

I also read they wanted to implement a driving license for cyclists. Things just went completely out of hand
Old March 8th, 2013, 11:04 AM   #3610
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

In my city, Zaragoza, all streets have the following speed limit:

- only one lane per direction: 30 km/h
- more than one lane per direction: right lane 30 km/h. Other ones 50 km/h
- If there is a paralel bike lane, 50 km/h

It is pointed in the city entrances and in some steets too. Police make radar tests specially there where you have an additional 30 km/h signal.

Old March 8th, 2013, 02:56 PM   #3611
ajch

Likes (Received): 75

After reading it, the whole law (draft) is absurd.

there is no money: so is imposible to put variable speed pannels, and except in tunnels i don't remember to have seen any lately. I wonder if this is something done for the tolled motorways, but i think that even them are going to reject to buy the pannels for only a 10km increase (and very limited by weather, etc...)

traffic authority sold us the idea that is was confusing that we have two limits (100 and 90) in roads, so they were to delete one. Ok, that statement is logic, and 10 km is not really a problem, but...

now they want to have three limit in the roads...somebody must have a lot of free time in the office
ajch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2013, 05:02 PM   #3612
Aokromes
Patatero Inside

Likes (Received): 2654

Someone needs to fill pockets changing signals....

The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts. Gene Spafford.
I am Basque, not Russian, the "Siberia" thing is a joke.
Aokromes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2013, 09:21 PM   #3613
miliar

Likes (Received): 36

A-3 through Contreras has been opened today, although the bridge which spans the reservoir has been posted to 35 ton maximum. Moreover, the right lane has been closed in order to reduce loads on the damaged truss.

http://www.fomento.gob.es/MFOM/LANG_.../130308-01.htm
miliar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2013, 10:40 PM   #3614
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aokromes View Post
Someone needs to fill pockets changing signals....
someone needs to fill pockets with tolls too...

Old March 22nd, 2013, 12:13 AM   #3615
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1936

Here is an article about the Z-40/E90 widening (In Spanish):
http://www.fomento.gob.es/NR/rdonlyr...67/Fe12_19.pdf

On the first photo, the street that appears on the lower left corner is this one:
[IMG]http://i47.************/30vos4x.jpg[/IMG]
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

geometarkv liked this post
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2013, 12:55 PM   #3616
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Nice interchange, A-92 / SE-40 near Sevilla. The function of some of these roundabouts is dubious though.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 04:49 PM   #3617
adevahi

I don't believe that the function is dubious, in these zone there is a lack of space, and connections with industrial zones.
Also, here there is a render of it where it can be seen the industrial zones and houses so close to the highway: http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/a...2/SE40-A92.jpg
Old March 24th, 2013, 03:08 PM   #3618
miliar

Likes (Received): 36

Yes, I imagine these strange roundabouts will connect to new local roadways in the future. Anyway the main connections of the interchange don’t go through any roundabout.

By the way, I would like to show you the plan view of a dual roundabout which is under construction in Galicia nowadays. The lower roundabout connects all the branches of the junction while the upper express roundabout can only be used to take the main roads.

Finally, some news about Basque roads, as works on the second roadway of Hernani by-pass (2.4 km long) have finished this week. It was the remaining section of Urumea Highway (A-15, old GI-131) that joins Andoain and Donostia/San Sebastian and is a good alternative to old dual carriageway N-I.

Picture

Document

Regards.
miliar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 10:12 PM   #3619
Viriatuus

Likes (Received): 1038

Is the double roundabout in Vigo?
Old March 26th, 2013, 10:16 PM   #3620
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Looks like this:
https://maps.google.com/?ll=43.31703...06539&t=h&z=18

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida