daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 17th, 2013, 09:59 PM   #3741
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

Eurovignette will be implemented on C-25. We still don't know exactly when and how, but Catalan authorities seem pretty convinced to do it.

As for Beasain-Bergara motorway, it is expected to be finished in 2015; last sections are U/C for some months now.

Sponsored Links
Old July 17th, 2013, 10:03 PM   #3742
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

The eurovignette is used for only one motorway? It is a system-wide vignette in all other countries which use it.

I don't think the eurovignette is a good system in Spain, the country is too large and the revenue is too low. It was designed for small countries. A daily vignette is only € 8, normally a truck pays that kind of money by driving 40 kilometers on a toll road.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2013, 10:42 PM   #3743
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

BTW.... Chris... I'm pretty sure it has been talked in other threads but, can you sum up a little about the eurovignette? (fees, days to buy, where to buy, where it would apply...)

TX very much in advance

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2013, 11:23 PM   #3744
ChrisZwolle
Road user

The eurovignette is basically a tax for foreign trucks to pay a road tax. Most original countries (northwestern Europe and part of Scandinavia) levy a road tax for heavy vehicles, but foreign trucks don't pay this tax. So the eurovignette was designed in the 1990s. It was replaced by an e-vignette in 2008.

If I'm correct there is a daily, weekly, monthly and annual vignette. The cost depends on the number of axles and the euro emission class. A typical euro 3-6 4-axle+ truck pays € 8 per day or € 1250 per year.

It applies for all motorways and is valid in the entire eurovignette area (a vignette purchased in Belgium is also valid in Denmark for example). Some countries require it for other roads as well. I don't know how they enforce it, possibly with cameras and mobile units, but I don't know the specifics.
Old July 17th, 2013, 11:50 PM   #3745
Escargot
¡De Bescós, rediós!

I haven't seen the Eurovignette. Instead, in Spain using "Via-T" is the most usual way to pay tolls regularly.
Here you can read about it and see some photos.
http://www.viat.es/
It works as a credit card, so the more you use it the more you pay.
Escargot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2013, 04:56 AM   #3746
MrAkumana

Likes (Received): 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
The eurovignette is used for only one motorway? It is a system-wide vignette in all other countries which use it.

I don't think the eurovignette is a good system in Spain, the country is too large and the revenue is too low. It was designed for small countries. A daily vignette is only € 8, normally a truck pays that kind of money by driving 40 kilometers on a toll road.
Things is that the current catalan goverment wants to toll their C-25 (old road recently upgraded to motorway) with Eurovignette. Reason being that this new motorway allows trucks coming from France and heading for Madrid to avoid the AP-7 and AP-2 toll motorways (and even saves them several kms). Since the catalan goverment has close ties with the owners of AP-7 (Albertis, owned by catalan bank La Caixa) they are looking for a way to limit the financial damage this new motorway is inflicting them.

However, spanish goverment clearly stated several times that the catalan goverment has no legal power to impose Eurovignette on C-25 and that only the central spanish goverment can impose such tax.

I personally think that they will end up reaching an agreement to make trucks pay some kind of toll for using that C-25 motorway, but not Eurovignette.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 01:25 PM   #3747
Peines
Peter

Likes (Received): 99

New autopista, or maybe autovia, or just 2+2 highway, no clue about that, in Madrid: M-206, between Torrejon de Ardoz and Loeches. 5.3 kms long.

Quote:
TRANSPORTES | Una de las más transitadas por camiones
Se abre al tráfico la nueva M-206, el tramo entre Torrejón y Loeches
Contribuirá a mejorar la seguridad vial y la fluidez circulatoria
Europa Press | Madrid
Actualizado lunes 22/07/2013 17:35 horas

El presidente de la Comunidad de Madrid, Ignacio González, ha abierto este lunes al tráfico la nueva conexión por autovía entre Torrejón de Ardoz y Loeches, que supone el desdoblamiento de un tramo de 5,3 kilómetros en la carretera M-206, y que contribuirá a mejorar la seguridad vial y la fluidez circulatoria de los más de 13 millones de vehículos que la utilizan anualmente, muchos de ellos camiones. …
http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2013/0...374507128.html

The abandoned motorway MP-203 is in this zone.
Peines no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 02:49 PM   #3748
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Comunidad de Madrid calls it an autovía;

http://www.madrid.org/cs/Satellite?c...d%2FEstructura
Old July 23rd, 2013, 02:55 PM   #3749
OriK
Usuario Registrado

Likes (Received): 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Comunidad de Madrid calls it an autovía;

http://www.madrid.org/cs/Satellite?c...d%2FEstructura
So at least we know that it's an autovía...

The term autovía is often misused, even officially...
OriK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 03:02 PM   #3750
verreme

Catalan regional government has repeatedly called autovía roads that do not bear that classification or signage in official press releases, so I wouldn't trust Madrid either.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 03:07 PM   #3751
ChrisZwolle
Road user

It seems to have autovía standards though. 2x2 lanes and grade-separation. But it is very short, there are only two intermediate interchanges, with the southernmost one probably being the current end due to M-203 construction being dormant.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 04:50 PM   #3752
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

A tunnel in the N-145 has been opened today and a curve has been improved.

It is the road that connects to Andorran border

http://www.fomento.gob.es/MFOM/LANG_.../130723-03.htm

Old July 23rd, 2013, 10:31 PM   #3753
javimix19

Likes (Received): 1328

Gipuzkoa autorities are planning to put tolls in all the motorways of the province. Bad matter I think.

For foreigners: Gipuzkoa is a province of the Basque Country. In that territory the provinces are autonomous in roads planning. I am from Gipuzkoa and I am against the tolls. For unhabitants of Gipuzkoa the roads will continue to be free, but this is very bad for the tourism and commerce.

Probably tolls will apply next year. I don't understand politics of my land.

cuartango liked this post
javimix19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 11:20 PM   #3754
Fane40
Landes-40-SW of F.

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post
It could be a pain in the neck to be understood.... but Basque authorities. Spanish police cannot act in anything related to traffic in the Basque country.

In any way.... the eurovignette is getting stronger as an idea because these cases you write.

It is not the only one. In Catalonia they upgraded the C-25 into 2x2 and a great deal of trucks go there now.
You seem to be disagree with Basque authorities ....
You can explain ?
I understand if you don't want.
Fane40 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 11:22 PM   #3755
Fane40
Landes-40-SW of F.

Quote:
Originally Posted by verreme View Post
Eurovignette will be implemented on C-25. We still don't know exactly when and how, but Catalan authorities seem pretty convinced to do it.

As for Beasain-Bergara motorway, it is expected to be finished in 2015; last sections are U/C for some months now.
Thank you for the reply.
About the eurovignette, I think it will be implemented in all autovias in a few years. No ?
Old July 23rd, 2013, 11:28 PM   #3756
Fane40
Landes-40-SW of F.

Quote:
Originally Posted by javimix19 View Post
Gipuzkoa autorities are planning to put tolls in all the motorways of the province. Bad matter I think.

For foreigners: Gipuzkoa is a province of the Basque Country. In that territory the provinces are autonomous in roads planning. I am from Gipuzkoa and I am against the tolls. For unhabitants of Gipuzkoa the roads will continue to be free, but this is very bad for the tourism and commerce.

Probably tolls will apply next year. I don't understand politics of my land.

How ?
And next year ?
Too short to build tolls ,and only for foreigners !
Certainly an idea from incompetent politicians.
On which roads they want tolls ?
Old July 24th, 2013, 12:07 AM   #3757
javimix19

Likes (Received): 1328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fane40 View Post
How ?
And next year ?
Too short to build tolls ,and only for foreigners !
Certainly an idea from incompetent politicians.
On which roads they want tolls ?
Very incompetent politicians, do you know how! Now Gipuzkoa is ruling by a coalition of pro-independence politics but all the rest of politic groups are according to implement tolls. They allege that the maintenance of the roads is very expensive and with that economic situation in Gipuzkoa is not possible to do it without tolls.

The only possibility to not to implemente tolls is the allegations of adjacent provinces and the opposition of the transportists.

Future roads with tolls will be N-1 (Irun-Madrid), N-121A (Irun-Pamplona), A-15(San Sebatian-Pamplona) and Gi-632 (Beasain-Bergara).
javimix19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013, 10:56 AM   #3758
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
You seem to be disagree with Basque authorities ....
You can explain ?
I understand if you don't want.
It's a long time I haven't been there.

I just do not agree neither disagree (and should the action has to be taken... better far from me).

What I wanted to detail was that nothing related to Spanish police but Basque police if it concerns to traffic in that region.

As a sum-up, all road traffic are managed by civil guard (not the national police) except in Navarra, Basque country and Catalonia where are managed by their own police.
And in any city, town or village, by their own local police.

Every town has local police (maybe few agents, but enough for them) and... should they appreciate an infraction from your side in a street, they will fine you. But if a general road crosses the city or town.... it is the civil guard (or regional police) who has to take action.

I know cases of applying against a fine because "no competences there" and ran up!

And...... if you see any national police car in a road, do not worry.... they cannot fine you.

Crazy situation?. I would say.... yeeeeeees.... but it is how it goes. A nightmare to be understood for foreing citizens. I just wanted to explain the details.

Old July 24th, 2013, 11:22 AM   #3759
verreme

Quote:
Thank you for the reply.
About the eurovignette, I think it will be implemented in all autovias in a few years. No ?
There are no such plans, but who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post
A tunnel in the N-145 has been opened today and a curve has been improved.

It is the road that connects to Andorran border

http://www.fomento.gob.es/MFOM/LANG_.../130723-03.htm
The whole N-145 has been improved. The road itself has been widened and some junctions redesigned. As usual in Spain, this was U/C for 4 years now, with several setbacks due to budget cuts.
Old July 28th, 2013, 07:56 PM   #3760
Fane40
Landes-40-SW of F.

Quote:
Originally Posted by javimix19 View Post
Very incompetent politicians, do you know how! Now Gipuzkoa is ruling by a coalition of pro-independence politics but all the rest of politic groups are according to implement tolls. They allege that the maintenance of the roads is very expensive and with that economic situation in Gipuzkoa is not possible to do it without tolls.

The only possibility to not to implemente tolls is the allegations of adjacent provinces and the opposition of the transportists.

Future roads with tolls will be N-1 (Irun-Madrid), N-121A (Irun-Pamplona), A-15(San Sebatian-Pamplona) and Gi-632 (Beasain-Bergara).

I don't believe in it. I think other provinces and transport companies will opposite to this decision.
A vignette for every kind of vehicles which use spanish roads (like in Switzerland, Austria,...) is a better solution if they want money.
Or only for trucks like the system we will have in France in a few months (same thing in germany already) ,or in Portugal for all vehicles.
Of course, I'm against that but I don't have enough power to decide what is good or not.

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida