daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 26th, 2013, 10:08 PM   #3961
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

I prefer the Z-40/E90 overlap on a Sunday morning. It feels like driving in North Korea.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

MrAkumana liked this post
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 28th, 2013, 05:36 PM   #3962
rpc08

Likes (Received): 1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn's Woods View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peines View Post
NOPE: the M-90 ring road…
Have you warned the Portuguese?
Oh, the Spanish...hundreds and hundreds of kilometers of empty fields, but they always want a little bit more...
Old September 28th, 2013, 06:08 PM   #3963
OriK
Usuario Registrado

Likes (Received): 173

OFF TOPIC!

This is our plan to invade you... please don't spread it as it's ultra-secret:

This will grant us enough land to build the M-90

albertocsc liked this post
OriK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2013, 02:29 PM   #3964
RV

Likes (Received): 275

So have they widened finally to 2x3 the ex-A-7 near Málaga from Avda. Velazquez to M-21/Airport/Torremolinos exit around San Julián?

Last edited by RV; September 30th, 2013 at 02:36 PM.
RV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2013, 09:07 PM   #3965
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19426

A-60 around Valladolid airport will open to traffic tomorrow 13.7 km of new motorway.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2013, 10:08 PM   #3966
Redouane

Likes (Received): 25

(A-44) Autovìa de Granada / Sierra Nevada:

Video recorded by me last summer.

Iregua liked this post
Redouane no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2013, 12:47 AM   #3967
Redouane

Likes (Received): 25

(A-7) Autovia Del Mediterráneo - Algeciras Port

Old October 1st, 2013, 02:30 PM   #3968
KRX_69
Amaro

Likes (Received): 4386

CA34

A7

A7 - saída Miraflores

A7 - saída Los Cortijillos

A7 - saída A381 Los Barrios

A7 - saída Pol. Ind. La Manacha

Vista para Algeciras

A7 - saída Algeciras (norte)

A7 - saída Algeciras (centro urbano)

N340 - vista para Marrocos

arnau_Vic, Iregua, solchante liked this post
KRX_69 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2013, 04:25 PM   #3969
KRX_69
Amaro

Likes (Received): 4386

N340

N340 - saída Vejer de la Frontera

A48

A48 - saída La Muela

A48 - saída Conil de la Frontera

6A48 - saída Barrio Nuevo

A48 - saída La Barrosa

arnau_Vic, Iregua, solchante, geometarkv liked this post
KRX_69 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2013, 11:08 PM   #3970
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Last kilometres entering to Cadiz in the N-IV with a "beach to the bay", 2x2 highway, railway and "beach to the Ocean" are really stunning

https://maps.google.es/maps?q=cadiz&...45.63,,0,-7.31

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2013, 11:06 PM   #3971
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

L'Aldea bypass (N-340) was opened Thursday. This will be a huge relief for traffic crossing the town (17.000 vehicles per day, with a 26% truck share). L'Aldea was the only population crossed by N-340 in more than 100 kilometers, the others having been already bypassed or crossed with little affection to traffic (pedestrian crossings or traffic lights).

The new road is 8,3 kilometers long and features complete grade separation.

See press release from Fomento.
Old October 7th, 2013, 11:23 AM   #3972
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Completely unnecessary from a traffic engineering point of view. The only reason for this bypass is to facilitate traffic avoiding toll roads. The AP-7 has the exact same function as new N-340 which was built 100 m beside it. You can take the entrance at Amposta and exit at L'Ampolla and drive the exact same route.
Old October 7th, 2013, 02:48 PM   #3973
Reivajar

Likes (Received): 3340

It is the way they're dealing with tolled routes in Spain. Instead of forcing trucks and heavy vehicles to take the motorways (tolled or not), Spanish authorities prefer to built and upgrade the old national roads, and even build expressways when there is already a motorway built in the same stretch... whatever...
Reivajar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2013, 02:53 PM   #3974
javimix19

Likes (Received): 1328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reivajar View Post
It is the way they're dealing with tolled routes in Spain. Instead of forcing trucks and heavy vehicles to take the motorways (tolled or not), Spanish authorities prefer to built and upgrade the old national roads, and even build expressways when there is already a motorway built in the same stretch... whatever...
You have all reason. These are our politics. Shit. I never understand why in Spain there are parallel expressways to motorways. Politics say that motorways are under private companies, but politics approve these contracts, so... corruption everywhere.
We have the most corrupt politicians in Europe. Corruption is the flag of Spain.
javimix19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2013, 03:05 PM   #3975
Reivajar

Likes (Received): 3340

I think it is not about corruption -itself, or really different from what happens in other countries-, but about moving money and resources to private companies. I go further, and I am very critical with traditional tolled systems such as the French and the Italian ones. I can understand that through regular taxes people pay the state could manage an efficient and modern roads network. However, I am mostly for an extra economical support for expressways like in the Austrian and Swiss system, but making sure all the money people pay goes for maintaining and upgrading the expressway network.

I can't understand a system which force people to pay for using a motorway, but only a small part of that money goes for the infrastructure itself, but the rest goes just for the budget of that private company.

Motorways networks in France, Italy and Portugal are not good either. Or you just pay a fortune for crossing the country to a private company which manage over-redeemed roads, or you use out-of-date roads where you can rather drive faster than 70 km/h...

The bad thing in Spain is just bad optimization of resources...
Reivajar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2013, 04:08 PM   #3976
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Yesterday, a fire simulation inside the Somport tunnel (8,1 km Spain-France) was done. It is part of the yearly maintenance plan

Picture from newspaper EPA

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2013, 08:38 PM   #3977
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

Quote:
That's not true. Earlier this year, trucks were banned from N-II in Girona province, so they must now take AP-7 from Maçanet to the French border. Other complementary actions, such as toll discounts, have been taken in other toll roads, such as AP-2 and AP-68.

L'Aldea bypass is not an expressway, and traffic (not only heavy trucks) on N-340 was high enough to justify a bypass. AP-7 in this section is not exactly empty either. Building a full expressway next to AP-7 is virtually ruled out, though it may be mentioned in election years.
Old October 7th, 2013, 08:51 PM   #3978
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
Originally Posted by verreme View Post
traffic (not only heavy trucks) on N-340 was high enough to justify a bypass.
True, but if AP-7 was toll free you surely wouldn't need to construct this bypass.
Old October 7th, 2013, 08:58 PM   #3979
Escargot
¡De Bescós, rediós!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verreme View Post
That's not true. Earlier this year, trucks were banned from N-II in Girona province, so they must now take AP-7 from Maçanet to the French border. Other complementary actions, such as toll discounts, have been taken in other toll roads, such as AP-2 and AP-68.
And these actions have proven to be completely useless. An example illustrates it better than any theory: a truck in front of me, arriving at Gallur, chose N-232 (limited at 80 km/h). I chose AP-68, drove at 120 km/h until Alagón and, when AP-68 and A-68 merged, there was the very same truck in front of me again.
That is why discounts mean nothing for them.
Escargot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2013, 09:01 PM   #3980
Iregua

Likes (Received): 70

IIRC, the AP-15 is cheaper for lorries than it is for cars. The result is a N-121 with almost no heavy traffic.

Quote:
I think it is not about corruption -itself, or really different from what happens in other countries-, but about moving money and resources to private companies. I go further, and I am very critical with traditional tolled systems such as the French and the Italian ones. I can understand that through regular taxes people pay the state could manage an efficient and modern roads network. However, I am mostly for an extra economical support for expressways like in the Austrian and Swiss system, but making sure all the money people pay goes for maintaining and upgrading the expressway network.

I can't understand a system which force people to pay for using a motorway, but only a small part of that money goes for the infrastructure itself, but the rest goes just for the budget of that private company.
I couldn't agree more! But nowadays it seems virtually impossible to set up a vignette system akin the Austrian or Swiss ones.
Iregua no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida