daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 28th, 2013, 09:21 PM   #4041
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

I made a roadtrip to Delta de l'Ebre a while ago and recorded some videos.

This is N-340 south of Barcelona. The road in the second video was built by the concessionire of AP-7, as the contract signed with the Spanish government implied building an alternative toll-free road (the existing roadway, built some years before to bypass a treacherous, winding mountain pass, became one carriageway of AP-7):

Second video also features the final works of N-340 L'Aldea bypass, which opened days after the footage was shot.

This is N-340 bridges in Amposta. The big one was set to become AP-7 some day, but in the end another bridge was built further upstream in order not to force all non-motorway traffic to cross Amposta. However, until little ago, the dual-carriageway bridge featured in the video was signed as an autovía, making it perhaps the most substandard motorway in Spain. As for the bridge leading to downtown Amposta, it is said to be the world's second bridge to be built with reinforced concrete, the first being the Brooklyn bridge in New York.

And this last one is a bridge connecting the villages of Sant Jaume d'Enveja and Deltebre. It's the easternmost crossing of Ebre river and it opened in 2010; a bypass of Sant Jaume d'Enveja opened some months ago.

Iregua, geometarkv, Suburbanist liked this post
verreme no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 3rd, 2013, 01:19 AM   #4042
verreme

The way back of the trip above on AP-7. The stretch around Tarragona was widened to 2x3 lanes 4 years ago. Today, the drive from La Jonquera on the French border to Salou is fully 6-laned except for two short (<1 km) interchanges (C-33/AP-7 and B-23/AP-7). At 250+ kilometers, this is the longest 2x3 stretch of motorway in Spain.

RV liked this post
Old November 3rd, 2013, 07:24 PM   #4043
RV

Likes (Received): 275

Isn't it 2x4 around Girona? Any pics?
RV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2013, 08:15 PM   #4044
verreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV View Post
Isn't it 2x4 around Girona? Any pics?
Video coming soon . I filmed the whole AP-7 from C-33 (Barcelona) to the French border. It will all be published next week.

Girona bypass is indeed 2x4.
Old November 4th, 2013, 12:18 AM   #4045
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1936

And once again, the usual traffic jam on E07 (N-330) road over the Monrepós pass formed this evening. This occurs when there is a long weekend like this one, where Friday was a holiday. This wil be (hopefully) part of the past when the motorway is completed, but currently it won't happen until the 30th of February.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2013, 01:33 AM   #4046
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Are the five kilometres in the southern side on-going to be opened on December or they seem to be quite slow?

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2013, 06:42 AM   #4047
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21244

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
And once again, the usual traffic jam on E07 (N-330) road over the Monrepós pass formed this evening. This occurs when there is a long weekend like this one, where Friday was a holiday. This wil be (hopefully) part of the past when the motorway is completed, but currently it won't happen until the 30th of February.
Is this a self reference to your former famous SSC signature?
Old November 4th, 2013, 05:20 PM   #4048
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1936

Nope, it's my way of saying "never". Currently works on one section (The most difficult one) haven't restarted yet.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

solchante liked this post
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2013, 12:25 AM   #4049
verreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by verreme View Post
Video coming soon . I filmed the whole AP-7 from C-33 (Barcelona) to the French border. It will all be published next week.

Girona bypass is indeed 2x4.
As promised, here's the first part (Barcelona to C-35 interchange in Maçanet). Maçanet-France will follow soon.

Suburbanist, Reivajar liked this post
Old November 9th, 2013, 12:43 AM   #4050
Reivajar

Likes (Received): 3340

Thanks!!! Great videos.

In Spain there is always sunny weather = WRONG
The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain = WRONG

I thought they had updated the sign on the AP-7 marking Perpignan instead of Francia/França.
Reivajar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2013, 12:14 AM   #4051
verreme

No. They should sign Perpignan and Montpellier, considering that Barcelona is signed all the way from Marseille, and not just in A9! I've also seen it signed on N113 in Salon de Provence. It just doesn't make sense to sign La Jonquera; it's a small town with little more importance than that of being close to the border. Foreigners are unlikely to know it.
Old November 10th, 2013, 12:52 AM   #4052
Reivajar

Quote:
Originally Posted by verreme View Post
No. They should sign Perpignan and Montpellier, considering that Barcelona is signed all the way from Marseille, and not just in A9! I've also seen it signed on N113 in Salon de Provence. It just doesn't make sense to sign La Jonquera; it's a small town with little more importance than that of being close to the border. Foreigners are unlikely to know it.
Well Francia/França is far better than La Jonquera, that's for sure.

Even I've seen Barcelona (Barcelone) signposted on the Toulouse beltway and on the A61.

I am not sure which city I would signpost on the AP-7 northbound... Girona / Montpellier and later Perpignan/Montpellier would be ok as it is the criteria later used on the French A9.
Old November 10th, 2013, 02:58 AM   #4053
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reivajar View Post
Even I've seen Barcelona (Barcelone) signposted on the Toulouse beltway and on the A61.

And approaching to Bordeaux coming from Paris.
I think Toulouse-Montpellier-Barcelone....

Old November 10th, 2013, 03:55 AM   #4054
Reivajar

Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post
And approaching to Bordeaux coming from Paris.
I think Toulouse-Montpellier-Barcelone....
Wow, really? Do you have the location of that sign?
Old November 10th, 2013, 06:01 PM   #4055
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

No but I've driven there several times so I remember it.

They point St. Sebastien (right) and Barcelone (left) approaching to Bordeaux coming from Paris.

Saragosse is pointed near Bordeaux.

Old November 11th, 2013, 11:13 PM   #4056
verreme

And here's the second part, featuring 2x4 Girona bypass and the 2x3 motorway until La Jonquera:

Reivajar liked this post
Old November 11th, 2013, 11:25 PM   #4057
Reivajar

I didn't remember trucks were banned on the N-II. They could apply that enforcement on the N-II from Zaragoza to Fraga too... -_-
Old November 12th, 2013, 02:34 AM   #4058
RV

But was there really a need for 2x4 on this stretch, what's the traffic volume? I mean, like Malagas Hiperronda with even 2x5 sections and an AADT of just 20 000-40 000
Old November 12th, 2013, 02:50 AM   #4059
Reivajar

AADT on the AP-7 on the Girona bypass is between 33.000 (6.484 trucks/day) in the Southern part and 40.000 (7.137 truck/day) in the Northern part.

The highest AADT on the AP-7 within the province of Girona is around Maçanet (next to the provincial border with Barcelona) with almost 50.000 vehicles/day (9.699 trucks/day). The lowest AADT is on the Figueres bypass with 16.000 veh/day (4.483 truck/day). On the French border the AADT of the AP-7 is almost 29.000 veh/day (9.326 trucks/day).
Old November 12th, 2013, 06:56 PM   #4060
RV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reivajar View Post
AADT on the AP-7 on the Girona bypass is between 33.000 (6.484 trucks/day) in the Southern part and 40.000 (7.137 truck/day) in the Northern part.

The highest AADT on the AP-7 within the province of Girona is around Maçanet (next to the provincial border with Barcelona) with almost 50.000 vehicles/day (9.699 trucks/day). The lowest AADT is on the Figueres bypass with 16.000 veh/day (4.483 truck/day). On the French border the AADT of the AP-7 is almost 29.000 veh/day (9.326 trucks/day).
2x4 for 33 000 AADT is just ridiculous! Especially in this economical situation.

2x3 is needed when AADT is 45 000-50 000 at least, 2x4 when it exceeds 120 000-130 000.

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida