daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old December 27th, 2013, 10:57 PM   #4161
Viriatuus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Porto
Posts: 19,345
Likes (Received): 1038



In fact there are two two-lanes roads already. One crossing both towns of Vilar Formoso and Fuente d'Oñoro used by all kind of traffic and another which diverts both towns and is used mainly by trucks. Anyway it would be nonsense to build a 5 km new two-lane road linking two motorways...
__________________
Was wir gestern für heute planten, wird morgen schon Geschichte sein.
Viriatuus no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 28th, 2013, 06:56 AM   #4162
Suburbanist
on the road
 
Suburbanist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: the rain capital of Europe
Posts: 27,533
Likes (Received): 21239

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV View Post
6800 is not enough for a motorway specially in this economical situation. A good 1+1-laned road with grade-separated intersections is sufficient. I think there are enough motorways from Lisbon to much more important Spanish cities.
.
As highway construction is rather cheap in Spain, the savings on not building a second carriageway (since everything else will be in place by your suggestion) are rather small.
__________________
YIMBY - Yes, in my backyard!
Suburbanist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2013, 10:32 AM   #4163
Reivajar
__________
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 12,081
Likes (Received): 3340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
As highway construction is rather cheap in Spain, the savings on not building a second carriageway (since everything else will be in place by your suggestion) are rather small.
In ths case:

28,853,538 euros / 5.02 km = 5,747,716.73 euros/km

It is not a big budget. Which is the average cost per kilometer in other European countries?
Reivajar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2013, 10:37 AM   #4164
Suburbanist
on the road
 
Suburbanist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: the rain capital of Europe
Posts: 27,533
Likes (Received): 21239

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reivajar View Post
In ths case:

28,853,538 euros / 5.02 km = 5,747,716.73 euros/km

It is not a big budget. Which is the average cost per kilometer in other European countries?
It is a very low budget considering it will feature bridges and 2 junctions!

Some greenfield highway projects in Netherlands cost more than € 20 million/km.
__________________
YIMBY - Yes, in my backyard!
Suburbanist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2013, 12:50 AM   #4165
Peines
Peter
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 873
Likes (Received): 99



M-30 Avenida de la Ilustración, Monday 30 dec 2013 12.00pm.
Peines no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2013, 03:39 PM   #4166
geogregor
Registered User
 
geogregor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London
Posts: 15,522
Likes (Received): 19160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peines View Post


M-30 Avenida de la Ilustración, Monday 30 dec 2013 12.00pm.
Does it serve any purpose or is it just another of those "art" projects for countries which are awash with cash?

geogregor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2013, 03:47 PM   #4167
Reivajar
__________
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 12,081
Likes (Received): 3340

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogregor View Post
Does it serve any purpose or is it just another of those "art" projects for countries which are awash with cash?

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puerta...ustraci%C3%B3n

It was designed together with other sculptures along the Northern finishing of the M-30 in the 80's. It is a kind of commemorative arch.
Reivajar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2014, 04:10 PM   #4168
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,602
Likes (Received): 19389

I'm not 100% sure I got all autonomous autovía openings, but according to my data, Spain opened 268 kilometers of autovía and autopista in 2013. Spain has currently 16019 km of autovía and autopista.

More than half of all new autovía length in 2013 is attributed to the twinning of C-25 in Catalonia (143 km).

I'm pretty sure I got all national autovía openings by Fomento.

These are the autonomous autovía openings I logged in 2013:

* M-206 Madrid: 4 km
* GC-1 Gran Canaria: 6 km
* SE-40 Sevilla: 6 km
* C-13 Lleida: 9 km
* AG-31 Galicia: 19 km
* C-25 Catalonia: 143 km
__________________

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Viva_Bulgaria liked this post
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2014, 05:07 PM   #4169
sotonsi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,557

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Spain has currently 16019 km of autovía and autopista.
Almost as much as China opened this month*!

(I was going to use the sentence before that one, and apply it to China's opening yesterday, but looked on Wegenwiki and saw that 268km was 200km below yesterday's figure, and about a quarter of Monday's! see below for a run down)

Looks like Spain is establishing itself above France and Germany as the clear third place country, which given its population and geographical size, is certainly saying something! Well done!

*OK, 4 times, plus an extra 1000km more, than China opened this month. But China has opened about 10 times more than Spain's very strong year-end figure (especially given the economic situation and existing size of the network) this week alone!

According to Wegenwiki, here's China's openings this month:
31 Dec - 462km, 30 Dec - 1064km! 28 Dec - 451km, 27 Dec - 20km, 26 Dec - 235km, 25 Dec - 393km, 23 Dec - 88km, 20 Dec - 55km, 19 Dec - 110km, 16 Dec - 227km, 13 Dec - 244km, 9 Dec - 182km, 7 Dec - 96km, 5 Dec - 91km, 1 Dec - ~50km. A total for the month of 3768km and a total for the week from Christmas to New Year of 2625km
sotonsi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2014, 05:13 PM   #4170
CNGL
Leudimin
 
CNGL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Huesca
Posts: 7,452
Likes (Received): 1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I'm not 100% sure I got all autonomous autovía openings, but according to my data, Spain opened 268 kilometers of autovía and autopista in 2013. Spain has currently 16019 km of autovía and autopista.

More than half of all new autovía length in 2013 is attributed to the twinning of C-25 in Catalonia (143 km).

I'm pretty sure I got all national autovía openings by Fomento.

These are the autonomous autovía openings I logged in 2013:

* M-206 Madrid: 4 km
* GC-1 Gran Canaria: 6 km
* SE-40 Sevilla: 6 km
* C-13 Lleida: 9 km
* AG-31 Galicia: 19 km
* C-25 Catalonia: 143 km
SE-40 is a national motorway.
__________________
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2014, 05:16 PM   #4171
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,602
Likes (Received): 19389

I meant those with a non national prefix A/AP. It's hard to distinguish between autonomous routes and national routes if they carry the same prefix.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2014, 05:33 PM   #4172
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse
 
alserrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zaragoza
Posts: 59,778

Was A21 in Aragon opened in 2013 or 2012. Cannot remember
__________________
Ya ves que fuimos puente herido de abrazos detenidos por ver la libertad


(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2014, 05:35 PM   #4173
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse
 
alserrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zaragoza
Posts: 59,778

Furthermore A15 in Soria last month. Around Almazan
__________________
Ya ves que fuimos puente herido de abrazos detenidos por ver la libertad


(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2014, 06:54 PM   #4174
zazo,
Zeit
 
zazo,'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: München
Posts: 535
Likes (Received): 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotonsi View Post
Almost as much as China opened this month*!

(I was going to use the sentence before that one, and apply it to China's opening yesterday, but looked on Wegenwiki and saw that 268km was 200km below yesterday's figure, and about a quarter of Monday's! see below for a run down)

Looks like Spain is establishing itself above France and Germany as the clear third place country, which given its population and geographical size, is certainly saying something! Well done!

*OK, 4 times, plus an extra 1000km more, than China opened this month. But China has opened about 10 times more than Spain's very strong year-end figure (especially given the economic situation and existing size of the network) this week alone!

According to Wegenwiki, here's China's openings this month:
31 Dec - 462km, 30 Dec - 1064km! 28 Dec - 451km, 27 Dec - 20km, 26 Dec - 235km, 25 Dec - 393km, 23 Dec - 88km, 20 Dec - 55km, 19 Dec - 110km, 16 Dec - 227km, 13 Dec - 244km, 9 Dec - 182km, 7 Dec - 96km, 5 Dec - 91km, 1 Dec - ~50km. A total for the month of 3768km and a total for the week from Christmas to New Year of 2625km
This is not the China thread.

Sure, China with more than the double of the total European population with a bigger area and in a boom age (few years ago not many roads there were in that place...) it's not even enough for such a 'half-continent' like China.
The number mention should be in relation with Europe, not just a state like Spain. But Europe is plenty of highways for decades... The development stopped years ago when no more roads were needed...

And True, Spain has the longest highway system of Europe, bigger than Germany and France (for years, it's not new.)
Just the 'almost-continent' federations of huge states like USA, China, Canada and Russia have longer systems. Check it. The 5th world's biggest one. The spanish network is almost completed, probably 1000 or 2000 more km in this decade and no more.
__________________
..................................................................................
zazo, no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2014, 07:34 PM   #4175
sotonsi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,557

Quote:
Originally Posted by zazo, View Post
Just the 'almost-continent' federations of huge states like USA, China, Canada and Russia have longer systems. Check it.
I did.

Russia's is much smaller (2041km) and they are highly unlikely to build a trans-Siberian автодорога to give that figure a massive boost. I can see that figure tripling, but not much more than that.

Canada's has no hope of getting anywhere near as close as all the population lives in a narrow band - it might be able to double in size to 12000km, but that would mean converting the whole Trans-Canada highway to a freeway, which is a long shot.

Spain has only relatively recently overtaken France and Germany (2008-ish), but is making the gap bigger each year, cementing its place there.
sotonsi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2014, 08:43 PM   #4176
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia
 
arctic_carlos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sitges - Barcelona
Posts: 4,720
Likes (Received): 3924

Once the remaining parts of A-7, A-8 and A-66 are finished (around 2015), there won't be a lot of highway construction in Spain, as the main corridors will be finished.

The only long section under construction that won't be completely finished by 2015 is the corridor of A-22, A-23 and A-21 in the Huesca province. I guess the A-11 corridor between Valladolid and Soria is to be completed at a later stage. The majority of other highways under construction are just small sections connecting others that are already in service, like in the cases of A-12, A-14, A-27 or A-33.
__________________
Wer kämpft, kann verlieren. Wer nicht kämpft, hat schon verloren.

Bertolt Brecht
arctic_carlos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2014, 10:26 PM   #4177
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse
 
alserrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zaragoza
Posts: 59,778

There is another long corridor planned: A68 from.La Jana (junction with A7 in future) to Zaragoza. More than 200 km.

From Tarragona (A27) to Sagunto.(A23) there are no.motorways from the coast to inner country
__________________
Ya ves que fuimos puente herido de abrazos detenidos por ver la libertad


(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2014, 10:48 PM   #4178
gincan
Gincan
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 888
Likes (Received): 183

Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post
From Tarragona (A27) to Sagunto.(A23) there are no.motorways from the coast to inner country
Nor any road traffic that justify building a motorway.
gincan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2014, 11:14 PM   #4179
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia
 
arctic_carlos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sitges - Barcelona
Posts: 4,720
Likes (Received): 3924

Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post
There is another long corridor planned: A68 from.La Jana (junction with A7 in future) to Zaragoza. More than 200 km.

From Tarragona (A27) to Sagunto.(A23) there are no.motorways from the coast to inner country
Yes, but I don't think this corridor is going to be built at any time soon, like A-43 between Puertollano and Mérida, also more than 200 km.
__________________
Wer kämpft, kann verlieren. Wer nicht kämpft, hat schon verloren.

Bertolt Brecht
arctic_carlos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2014, 11:16 PM   #4180
verreme
Registered User
 
verreme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 1,392
Likes (Received): 645

Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post
There is another long corridor planned: A68 from.La Jana (junction with A7 in future) to Zaragoza. More than 200 km.

From Tarragona (A27) to Sagunto.(A23) there are no.motorways from the coast to inner country
It is very unlikely for this corridor to see completion in the near future. As of today, all we have is the will to do something in the far future. Plus, traffic levels there don't justify a motorway at all.
__________________
verreme no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium