daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 5th, 2014, 02:57 PM   #4281
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2204

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV View Post
How stupid. That viaduct was cool. Spain has also the green disease!
Bilbao was bypassed to the south ....first. Openstreetmap shows the up to date arrangement.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=12/43.2705/-2.9756
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 5th, 2014, 05:00 PM   #4282
RV

Likes (Received): 275

And what will be in this place in the future? A 1+1-laned street with trees? I just don't get greens. The viaduct was awesome.
RV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2014, 05:15 PM   #4283
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2204

It was a major motorway through a city, it was decided to bypass the city with a new motorway and then reduce the considerable impact of the old motorway on the City...eg by demolishing flyovers in residential areas like that one. Not like Helsinki where the Greens want to demolish the existing motorway before there is a bypass of the city.

The project in question, the "Supersur", will end up costing €2bn by the time they finish it, whenever that is. Bilbao is a long thin urban strip between mountains and the sea so the full bypass will be around 40km long, mainly in tunnels or on viaducts and only the middle section of the bypass is finished so far with lots more to do at either end.
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2014, 04:58 PM   #4284
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

A-3 and A-7 junction in Valencia has been totally refurbished and opened to traffic. It was part of the refurbishment project in the A-7 indeed

Press release

http://www.fomento.gob.es/MFOM/LANG_.../140306-01.htm

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2014, 05:14 PM   #4285
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Here's a Google Earth screenshot of the (nearly completed) interchange in October 2012.

Changes;

* A-7 widened to 2x3 through lanes
* flyovers to unweave traffic from a nearby exit to the industrial area

I don't understand what the little object in the northeast quadrant of the interchange is for. The loop will obviously be routed across it, but what does it cross? It's too large for drainage, but too small for an underpass. There wasn't one prior to this construction.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

geometarkv liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2014, 05:20 PM   #4286
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

I do not know it too. Maybe someone of that city could explain it

Old March 7th, 2014, 10:25 AM   #4287
RV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponge_bob View Post
It was a major motorway through a city, it was decided to bypass the city with a new motorway and then reduce the considerable impact of the old motorway on the City...eg by demolishing flyovers in residential areas like that one. Not like Helsinki where the Greens want to demolish the existing motorway before there is a bypass of the city.

The project in question, the "Supersur", will end up costing €2bn by the time they finish it, whenever that is. Bilbao is a long thin urban strip between mountains and the sea so the full bypass will be around 40km long, mainly in tunnels or on viaducts and only the middle section of the bypass is finished so far with lots more to do at either end.
Youre right about Helsinki, but why to demolish this when you have it already and pay 2 billions? Seems not smart to me. Spain is full of all kind of "Supersur's" of 5+5 lanes which by AADT could be given to the mules. They don't serve urban traffic.
Old March 7th, 2014, 03:10 PM   #4288
ChrisZwolle
Road user

The Supersur doesn't work for two reasons; 1) tolls and 2) GPSs. It must be shorter and toll free. Currently only people who want to avoid a few congested hours on A-8 will use it, and people who enter it by accident.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

RV liked this post
Old March 7th, 2014, 03:13 PM   #4289
Reivajar

Likes (Received): 3340

It's the problem of many new toll motorways which runs parallel to older freeways. They are only slightly usefull in peak hours on the freeway... and not always.

Exactly the same situation with the toll motorways in Madrid: longer and more expensive.
Reivajar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2014, 12:27 AM   #4290
RV

So a total waste of money to construct a new "Hiperronda" in the middle of the hills and demolish a good viaduct to put a street that gets congested daily in it's place. Alicante new by-pass is a good example with 4000 users daily.
Old March 8th, 2014, 12:29 AM   #4291
Aokromes
Patatero Inside

Likes (Received): 2652

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
The Supersur doesn't work for two reasons; 1) tolls and 2) GPSs. It must be shorter and toll free. Currently only people who want to avoid a few congested hours on A-8 will use it, and people who enter it by accident.
In fact a much more important is 3) no direct link to AP 8 nor AP 68.

The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts. Gene Spafford.
I am Basque, not Russian, the "Siberia" thing is a joke.
Aokromes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2014, 12:32 AM   #4292
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aokromes View Post
It's essentially this. When the next stage of Supersur is complete, all transit traffic will be able to use it. It's not the case now.
Old March 8th, 2014, 12:39 AM   #4293
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aokromes View Post
You can easily access the Supersur from both routes. Even if they would extend the Supersur farther east it makes very little difference in driving distance, as it will be a duplication of the existing traffic flow.
Old March 8th, 2014, 12:41 AM   #4294
Reivajar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV View Post
So a total waste of money to construct a new "Hiperronda" in the middle of the hills and demolish a good viaduct to put a street that gets congested daily in it's place. Alicante new by-pass is a good example with 4000 users daily.

No, they are not related topics. On one hand you have the new Bilbao by-pass, the expensive new tolled motorway in the middle of the hills (called Hiperronda). On the other hand you have the refurbishment of the A-8 (first Bilbao southern by-pass), and as part of it, the modification of the access to San Mamés area. The demolished ramps have been replaced by a new junction further in the north supposedly less invasive into the urbanised area.

If you check out the are on Google Maps and you switch from satellite view to map view you can see the two different situations. In the satellite pics you can see the former situation with the Sabino Arana viaduct (and not the new northern access built). On the map view you can see the new northern access to San Mamés close to the Basurto Hospital.
Old March 8th, 2014, 02:03 PM   #4295
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1936

Due to some change in the law last year the validity of the EIS for A-22 Sietamo-Huesca has been extended, so now tenders can proceed. AFAIK there are funds allocated for this section on current year.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2014, 04:21 PM   #4296
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Just look to it in a map. For a Barcelona-Bilbao is as fast via Zaragoza or Huesca. For a Barcelona-Pampelune/Vitoria/S.Sebastian shorter via Huesca

Old March 8th, 2014, 07:47 PM   #4297
CNGL
Leudimin

I'm pretty sure this is the only sign in the country with both Madrid and Barcelona in it (And my hometown as a bonus). I don't get why they sign Barcelona there, it is closer turning around in the next exit and crossing the ARA-A1 bridge.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
Old March 8th, 2014, 07:51 PM   #4298
Reivajar

I know this one, and this one.
Old March 8th, 2014, 08:00 PM   #4299
CNGL
Leudimin

Damnit, I forgot about the sign at the Southern end of E07 (I have seen it several times!). Didn't knew the one in Valencia. But at least mine is a distance sign.

Reivajar liked this post
Old March 9th, 2014, 07:47 PM   #4300
Aokromes
Patatero Inside

Likes (Received): 2652

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
You can easily access the Supersur from both routes. Even if they would extend the Supersur farther east it makes very little difference in driving distance, as it will be a duplication of the existing traffic flow.
[]http://i.imgur.com/AyycqJO.jpg[/IMG]
Well the problem there is that main traffic is routed to A8 and if you are looking to take AP-8 you need to take one very closed curve.

Also:

When they complete Ib phase for the traffic Barcelona-Asturias the AP-8 will be better than A-8

The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts. Gene Spafford.
I am Basque, not Russian, the "Siberia" thing is a joke.
Aokromes no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida