daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 24th, 2014, 09:20 PM   #4321
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

It's L'Hospitalet not L'Hospital . BOE link is wrong too.

I wonder if they are planning some kind of connection with the new bridge over the Llobregat river that is U/C west of El Prat. There's already a four-lane road where they are planning to build the motorway so I also wonder to what exent are they going to use the existing road and the old riverbed.

This is great news anyway, because Port of Barcelona has seen an enormous growth throughout the last years, especially with the construction of a new huge cargo terminal, but the surrounding infrastructure has not been upgraded. The news article also says that the promised rail link will also be built, using the right-of-way of an existing narrow-gauge railway.

Reivajar liked this post
verreme no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 24th, 2014, 09:31 PM   #4322
Reivajar

Likes (Received): 3340

Thanks, that's the problem of translating some stuff at 5h in the morning...

Hmmm, I have no idea, as well as I have no idea as this new road will help to modify the A-2/C-245 interchange as the new link between the C-32 and the A-2 is going to be build.

This area gonna change a lot with the new roads.

For sure the port needs better and larger access, but by now the railway link is not that saturated. Anyway, better connection are always welcome.
Reivajar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2014, 09:58 PM   #4323
verreme

The road looks unrelated to the U/C link road between C-32 and A-2. Widening of A-2 starts just at C-245 interchange.
Old April 25th, 2014, 12:25 AM   #4324
Reivajar

Quote:
Originally Posted by verreme View Post
The road looks unrelated to the U/C link road between C-32 and A-2. Widening of A-2 starts just at C-245 interchange.
Yes, I know, but what is not clear for me is the current layout of the C-245 interchange, which doesn't show the best design for the circulation from the C-32 towards the A-2 Lleida. A modification of that interchange would be really useful.
Old April 25th, 2014, 08:32 PM   #4325
Sky
24/7

Likes (Received): 3367

Quote:
Originally Posted by verreme View Post
5-kilometer long Vilanova de la Barca bypass opened to traffic today in Lleida province. It's part of the future Lleida-Balaguer motorway (C-13).

(see press release for picture, it's too big to fit in the forum).

Cost was 49M€.
Here's a couple vids of the new road:

Sky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2014, 06:57 PM   #4326
BenjiMan

Likes (Received): 13

Nice videos!

Strange type of road marks they've used in the center: 4,5-8 meters instead of 6-11 meters for Autovías and Autopistas.
BenjiMan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2014, 04:27 AM   #4327
Reivajar

I am not sure if the Catalan autonomous government uses a particular standard for road markings for its own network, as it uses as well its own signage standard with some little variations over the general Spanish model. Anyway, I am not able measure the actual size of the road marks... apparently for me it is not as different as other Spanish roads. Maybe, I am not sure though, lines are slightly narrower: the former rule had 10 cm wide lines, the current one uses 15 cm wide lines for discontinuous lines on autovías and autopistas.

Maybe any forumer with a deeper knowledge of roads in Catalonia could say something...
Old April 27th, 2014, 03:16 PM   #4328
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

Looking at other countries, personally I prefer the rainbow Spain has, since I can know the (theoretical) importance of a road from the color it has. But this doesn't explain why I have clinched A-1304 over nearby parallel A-220 (An "orange" road, more important than a "green" road the former is).
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2014, 03:24 PM   #4329
Reivajar

I don't understand what you mean. You prefer the diversity of colors used by Spanish road numbers but you find it useless and not intuitive at all?
Old April 27th, 2014, 03:29 PM   #4330
CNGL
Leudimin

Actually I find it useful. There were other reasons to clinch a lesser important route like I did.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
Old April 27th, 2014, 03:31 PM   #4331
Reivajar

Ah, ok... I understand now.

What I don't like is the diversity produced by different criteria used depending on the autonomous government. If there was just a common way for the whole territory, it would be much better.
Old April 28th, 2014, 12:04 AM   #4332
Escargot
¡De Bescós, rediós!

CNGL says that, theoretically, if you know which category each colour stands for, you can guess its importance and characteristics. The order in Aragon, from the best to the worst, is blue > red > orange > green > yellow.
But this is the theory. Sometimes a yellow road is better than a red one. Think about some local roads (near Luceni, for example) which are better than N-260 between Campo and Seira.
Escargot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2014, 12:17 AM   #4333
Reivajar

Most of the problem is with the colors of local roads. Depending on the province or region it can be yellow (the traditional one), or light blue, or grey, or brown, or purple... I don't know if I am missing any color...

There is some kind of agreement in the upper levels, as you say (except in Catalonia where orange is not used), that's right.
Old April 28th, 2014, 01:20 AM   #4334
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Nevertheless... I guess that for any driver it could be easy to remember colours to know if he is going to take an upper or downer road but some road numbers are impossible to join to any strech, area or so...

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2014, 01:26 AM   #4335
Reivajar

After all, most of the traffic uses blue, red and orange roads... that's pretty simple. The lower the level is, the less important the number of road is for drivers.
Old May 2nd, 2014, 11:58 PM   #4336
Escargot
¡De Bescós, rediós!

Maybe names work better than colours. The simpler, the better. Some examples:
- A-23: blue.
- N-234: red.
- A-132: orange.
- A-1205: green.
- A-2605: yellow.
But the problem is the same again.
Escargot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2014, 12:52 AM   #4337
CNGL
Leudimin

By the way, a "red" (national) road can be anything from this to this

Yup, I have switched to the new Google Maps
Old May 3rd, 2014, 01:01 AM   #4338
Reivajar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
By the way, a "red" (national) road can be anything from this to this

Yup, I have switched to the new Google Maps
Well, that's true as well. Even there are some "local roads" far better than a national road.

As well, gonna recognize the N-260 is a pretty particular national road...
Old May 3rd, 2014, 05:56 AM   #4339
Aokromes
Patatero Inside

Likes (Received): 2657

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reivajar View Post
Well, that's true as well. Even there are some "local roads" far better than a national road.

As well, gonna recognize the N-260 is a pretty particular national road...
Like this http://goo.gl/maps/l7Nmd XD

The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts. Gene Spafford.
I am Basque, not Russian, the "Siberia" thing is a joke.
Aokromes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2014, 03:40 PM   #4340
verreme

Driving road N-II from Girona (future AP-7 junction) to La Jonquera near the French border. This road used to be a truck inferno, but a truck ban came in force in 2013 throughout Girona province, forcing trucks into AP-7, so the road is much quieter now.

By the end of the year, the new AP-7 junction will be ready and thus Girona will be fully bypassed toll-free (you'll get the ticket at Girona S and pay no toll if you exit at the new junction). A-2 is already signed in AP-7 around Girona.

Wolfgang16 liked this post
verreme no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida