daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 30th, 2014, 06:39 PM   #4461
Reivajar

Likes (Received): 3340

Actually Google Maps in Spain got lots of mistakes sin they started to used IGN as base maps. They had already many mistakes, but they added some additional ones... whatever. I've already given up about trying to correct mistakes and sending reports... 95% of times they are useless.
Reivajar no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 30th, 2014, 07:09 PM   #4462
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

Likes (Received): 3931

What I dislike the most is that they show autovías in yellow, as if they were conventional roads, instead of showing them in orange, as they do with autopistas. In most cases both of them are full profile motorways, regardless of the colors used by Google Maps.

Bertolt Brecht
arctic_carlos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2014, 07:32 PM   #4463
Reivajar

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_carlos View Post
What I dislike the most is that they show autovías in yellow, as if they were conventional roads, instead of showing them in orange, as they do with autopistas. In most cases both of them are full profile motorways, regardless of the colors used by Google Maps.
For example...

RV liked this post
Old May 31st, 2014, 12:58 AM   #4464
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

Road-wise, Google Maps is crap. I've even seen "N-2" on N-II. Its only interesting feature is Street View.
Old May 31st, 2014, 01:18 AM   #4465
Reivajar

Quote:
Originally Posted by verreme View Post
Road-wise, Google Maps is crap. I've even seen "N-2" on N-II. Its only interesting feature is Street View.
Yes, that's another example.

According to you which would be the best, road-wise?
Old May 31st, 2014, 01:21 AM   #4466
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

I wonder if Google is trying to make a hint to the Spanish road-authorities. It's bad enough that virtually the whole alphabet is represented in Spanish roads, at least try and keep the Romans out.... N2 makes more sense.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2014, 01:29 AM   #4467
Reivajar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
I wonder if Google is trying to make a hint to the Spanish road-authorities. It's bad enough that virtually the whole alphabet is represented in Spanish roads, at least try and keep the Romans out.... N2 makes more sense.

Nah... I don't think so. Actually I guess it is mostly a problem with the database they use. I think, or at some point the National Geographical Institute data used by Goggle now got some mistake -but I don't think so because I've used it sometimes and it is OK as far I've seen- or Google has merged different databases over the maps of the National Geographical Institute, and there you have this kind of messy and confusing things.

Other constant mistakes observed in Google Maps since they use the new database is that all the roads, even if they are interurban roads, receive street names from the closer towns... it is some sort of bug of the Google databse or whatever... not sure. I've asked them but they always reply with dumb and predefined mails. As well, still unnamed streets receive just random street names from other ways around the same town... whatever... LOL
Old May 31st, 2014, 01:33 PM   #4468
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3441

Hi guys, quick question. I'm doing a short presentation about Spain in the EU (spanish class) and I was wondering where I could find a list of (road) projects co-funded by the EU. Could anyone here point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2014, 02:21 PM   #4469
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

I tried Googling it in both English and Spanish. Nothing.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2014, 03:30 PM   #4470
Reivajar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ni3lS View Post
Hi guys, quick question. I'm doing a short presentation about Spain in the EU (spanish class) and I was wondering where I could find a list of (road) projects co-funded by the EU. Could anyone here point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance
Sorry, I don't know any complete list about it. On the European Union website there are a minisite about the future European funds, but the transport funds are slightly different... not too much about motorways appears... :S
Old May 31st, 2014, 05:04 PM   #4471
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

Quote:
Yes, our road numbering system is a mess. But crap maps only make it worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reivajar View Post
Yes, that's another example.

According to you which would be the best, road-wise?
I think none of the existing web-based map services are very good, road-wise.
Old June 2nd, 2014, 01:32 AM   #4472
Ni3lS

Quote:
I tried Googling it in both English and Spanish. Nothing.
Did the same, only found a Malaga bypass project.

Quote:
Sorry, I don't know any complete list about it. On the European Union website there are a minisite about the future European funds, but the transport funds are slightly different... not too much about motorways appears... :S
Too bad. Thanks guys for trying though, I'll skip this in my presentation.
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Old June 2nd, 2014, 02:00 AM   #4473
Reivajar

If you check on google "autovía fondos europeos" you can get some partial information, but you should check out project by project... :-/
Old June 2nd, 2014, 10:15 AM   #4474
Ni3lS

Found something, got a whole list of projects anyway. In terms of infrastructure, European money seems to be mostly spent on high speed railway in Spain.

http://ec.europa.eu/regional_policy/...e=STOMAJ&per=2
Old June 2nd, 2014, 11:21 AM   #4475
Reivajar

Yes, that's the minisite about European funds I talked you about.

And yes, you're right with your assumption. Consider that in the last years and for the upcoming years, most of the money for public works in Spain is spent and will be spent in railways not in roads.
Old June 2nd, 2014, 03:56 PM   #4476
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2204

Quote:
that in the last years and for the upcoming years, most of the money for public works in Spain is spent and will be spent in railways not in roads.
That is because.

a) The EU is more inclined to fund high speed rail than roads and high speed rail is expensive per km.
b) Spain has completed 95%+ of its core motorway network and has one of the best motorway networks in the world. It will be near enough 100% complete in 2015.
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2014, 04:15 PM   #4477
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Spain has been spending more on rail projects than on road projects for more than 10 years.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2014, 06:43 PM   #4478
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Yes.

In the 80s there were many rail lines with poor occupation that were definitely closed to traffic.
In the 90s there were much more investment on roads rather than on rails (only HSL Madrid-Seville and first works Madrid-Lleida but barely nothing)

In the 2000s it was done conversely. Several motorways more and many more HSLs

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2014, 11:09 PM   #4479
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

What is the longest motorway in Spain ?
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2014, 11:57 PM   #4480
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Have to check. Longest road is N340 but motorways don't always keeps similar numbers as paralel routes.

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida