daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 10th, 2014, 10:27 AM   #4521
broken0099

Likes (Received): 143

Pictures from a local newspaper: http://noticiasdelarioja.com/numero-2416/

SRC_100, solchante liked this post
broken0099 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 10th, 2014, 04:40 PM   #4522
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

Why did Rajoy attend the opening of A-12? This isn't too common, right? I usually read only about Ana Pastor attending opening ceremonies. (she could use a little crate to make her look taller )

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

javimix19 liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2014, 05:11 PM   #4523
javimix19

Likes (Received): 1328

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Why did Rajoy attend the opening of A-12? This isn't too common, right? I usually read only about Ana Pastor attending opening ceremonies. (she could use a little crate to make her look taller )
Well, Spain is in big crisis, and there are not many projects to inaugurate these days. Since 2010 few motorways have constructed, and generally only Minister of Infraestructure goes to these events.

But Rajoy credit in Spain now is very low, corruption everywhere... you know. So perhaps in next months until elections of 2015 Rajoy will appear in all inaugurations.
javimix19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2014, 05:19 PM   #4524
Reivajar

Likes (Received): 3340

I guess there are not too many opportunities for Rajoy to visit La Rioja, as it is the smallest autonomous community, so probably he has taken advantage for visiting the territory.
Reivajar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2014, 05:27 PM   #4525
javimix19

http://www.noticiasdegipuzkoa.com/20...er-mas-trafico

News is in spanish. But resume is that: since 2013 there is an alternative to go between San Sebastian and Andoain. This stretch is very important because it carries a lot of international traffic between Spain/Morocco/Portugal and France/rest of Europe.

Until 2013 all traffic between Andoain and San Sebastian went by expressway N-1.

But now international traffic goes by A-15 to Astigarraga and then it takes Second Ring Road of San Sebastian.

Well, the problem is to all vehicles who want to enter San Sebastian. When you arrive to Martutene it is a roundabout.

Well, this roundabout was a bad planning project. This town of San Sebastian has some industrial zones and traffic is terrific. Also in this roundabout is a new connection to the main hospitals of the city.

Now politics are planning a new solution to do something like that:

Old July 10th, 2014, 05:30 PM   #4526
Reivajar

I guess, ideally, for getting to San Sebastian city center from the South, going through the A-15/N-I directly, instead of using the new expressway.
Old July 10th, 2014, 06:10 PM   #4527
javimix19

A new notice from the last new motorway of Gipuzkoa, a province of Basque Country.

Well, since the early 90's Government of Gipuzkoa is building these motorway from Beasain to Bergara. From motorway N-1 to motorway Ap-1. This motorway will service a highly industrialized zone of Gipuzkoa. (In Basque Country provinces have competences of infraestructures)

The first stretch was build in 1997 between Beasain and Ormaiztegi. The second one was open in 2005 between Ormaiztegi and Zumarraga. The third one opened in 2013 between Zumarraga and Urretxu. The final stretch is going to run between Urretxu and Bergara.
Motorway is toll free between Beasain and Urretxu, but the final stretch was designed to being tolled. That was the condition to build the last stretch. But now... Ruling politicians have said that they are not going to put tolls in the new stretch.
News are that:

http://www.diariovasco.com/gipuzkoa/...708125338.html

Stretch between Urretxu and Bergara will open in April 2015. Well, to drivers is a good notice, but people of Gipuzkoa are surprised. Bidegi (Public Roads Enterprise of Gipuzkoa) have a lot of debts, this enterprise is unsustainable, and is sure that in next years all motorways of Gipuzkoa will be tolled. For everyone.
Old July 10th, 2014, 10:27 PM   #4528
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

It is very, very uncommun to see president in a 12 km motorway opening... but next year we have local elections in june, regional elections (not in all of them but in the majority) the same day and general elections in november...

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2014, 10:47 PM   #4529
ChrisZwolle
Road user

TF-5

A new stretch of the Tenerife ring road will open to traffic next Friday, July 18. This is a super two highway.

http://www.laopinion.es/tenerife/201...co/552482.html
Old July 11th, 2014, 10:55 PM   #4530
Reivajar

AS-17

A new 8 km long section of the expressway AS-17 (Asturias) has been opened, including the new Cadaval tunnel (1173 m).

http://www.lne.es/nalon/2014/07/10/a...o/1612499.html

MichiH, SRC_100, javimix19 liked this post
Old July 11th, 2014, 11:18 PM   #4531
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

It's surprising to see that the recently opened A-12 and AS-17 have dashed side line markings. They are now supposed to be solid and they have been repainting them in most existing motorways.
Old July 11th, 2014, 11:20 PM   #4532
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I was just looking into AS-17. Do you know if it runs from A-64 to Langreo, or does it start a bit further northwest at SI-2 at Viella?

Also, is this suppose to become AS-III?
Old July 11th, 2014, 11:33 PM   #4533
Reivajar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I was just looking into AS-17. Do you know if it runs from A-64 to Langreo, or does it start a bit further northwest at SI-2 at Viella?

Also, is this suppose to become AS-III?
The road number AS-17 spans from Avilés to Langreo, but the road is updated to expressway along several separated stretches. I guess, it will turn into AS-III when the expressway is more continuous. If I am not wrong, currently from Posada de Llanera to Viella, and from the A-64 to Riañu it got expressway standard. Valbona bypass is under construction.

Openstreetmap offers better updates and information, or at least I think so: http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=13/43.3749/-5.7776
Old July 11th, 2014, 11:38 PM   #4534
ChrisZwolle
Road user

The density of motorways, dual carriageways and super two highways is quite high in the Oviedo - Gijón area.

A-8, A-63 & A-64 as east-west routes
A-66, AS-I, AS-II, AS-17 as north-south routes
plus several spurs into Gijón, Oviedo and Avilés.
Old July 12th, 2014, 12:04 AM   #4535
Reivajar

Yes, even I would say a bit excessive. I am not sure about congestion levels in Asturias anyway...
Old July 12th, 2014, 12:09 PM   #4536
broken0099

Quote:
Originally Posted by verreme View Post
It's surprising to see that the recently opened A-12 and AS-17 have dashed side line markings. They are now supposed to be solid and they have been repainting them in most existing motorways.
Quote:
How so? Is there a new rule? Anyway, good news, I prefer solid lines for motorways.

On the other hand, it seems impossible to use a unified criterion for narrow rural roads in Spain. So far I've seen roads with no lines at all, roads with a dashed centre line only, roads with side lines only (be it solid or dashed), and roads with a dashed centre line + side lines (again either solid or dashed).

From what I've seen, in Italy they use solid lines on the sides, while the French use a dashed centre line plus sometimes dashed side lines.
Old July 13th, 2014, 05:35 PM   #4537
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reivajar View Post
Yes, even I would say a bit excessive. I am not sure about congestion levels in Asturias anyway...
Central Asturias is a densely populated region that relies in few corridors that carry very heavy traffic (mainly the "Y" serving Oviedo, Gijón and Avilés). AS-I and AS-II are meant to relieve congested A-66, whilst AS-17 serves a heavily industrialized corridor. It's not excessive at all, there are many people living there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken0099 View Post
How so? Is there a new rule? Anyway, good news, I prefer solid lines for motorways.

On the other hand, it seems impossible to use a unified criterion for narrow rural roads in Spain. So far I've seen roads with no lines at all, roads with a dashed centre line only, roads with side lines only (be it solid or dashed), and roads with a dashed centre line + side lines (again either solid or dashed).

From what I've seen, in Italy they use solid lines on the sides, while the French use a dashed centre line plus sometimes dashed side lines.
Roads in Spain can be run by the State, regional governments or provinces, and every entity has its criteria. It's not uniform at all. But I can't see which system is best, so all for the better...
Old July 13th, 2014, 07:31 PM   #4538
broken0099

Quote:
Central Asturias is a densely populated region that relies in few corridors that carry very heavy traffic (mainly the "Y" serving Oviedo, Gijón and Avilés). AS-I and AS-II are meant to relieve congested A-66, whilst AS-17 serves a heavily industrialized corridor. It's not excessive at all, there are many people living there.

Roads in Spain can be run by the State, regional governments or provinces, and every entity has its criteria. It's not uniform at all. But I can't see which system is best, so all for the better...
Well, I've seen different criteria even within the same province. Anyway, as long as the road is well maintained (good asphalt, good marking, not too old signs, clean sides) paint scheme isn't really that important - and a little diversity won't hurt anyone.
Old July 14th, 2014, 02:51 PM   #4539
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1932

I'll be going through the Ventamillo gorge by the end of this month. I've seen local roads far better than this section of N-260 (For example, the recently widened HU-V-5231, now a motorway compared to that).
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2014, 04:03 PM   #4540
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21239

Does any of the the mountain roads in Asturias close seasonally for winter, or does winter seasonal closure happen only on the Pyrenees.

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida