daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old November 9th, 2014, 02:16 PM   #4701
MichiH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lower Franconia
Posts: 4,408
Likes (Received): 2082

Is there still any motorway opening expected until end of 2014?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
A15: Radona – Medinaceli (A2) 12 12.1km (? to 2014) – ? – map
A33: La Font de la Figuera (A35) – Caudete (A31) 12 12.5km (? to 2014) – ? – map
A38: Cullera – Favara (AP-7) 2 10km (? to 2014) – ? – map
A38: Benissa-North – Benissa-South 12 4km (? to 2014) – ? – map
M509: Villanueva del Pardillo – Majadahonda (M50) 12 5.1km (? to 2014) – ? – map
A2: Sils – Caldes de Malavella 12 6.7km (2009 to Late 2014) – ? – map
A8: La Franca – Unquera 12 4.5km (? to Late 2014) – ? – map
A7: Castillo de Banos – Albunol 12 14.8km (? to December 2014) – ? – map
Any updated info about the completion of this projects?
__________________

solchante liked this post
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 9th, 2014, 02:39 PM   #4702
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse
 
alserrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zaragoza
Posts: 59,791

A15 Radona-Medinaceli is expected to be opened soon except two kilometres in the jonction with A-2 where works go slowly and will require more time
__________________
Ya ves que fuimos puente herido de abrazos detenidos por ver la libertad


(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)

MichiH liked this post
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2014, 11:31 PM   #4703
adevahi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sevilla, ciudad del Betis
Posts: 1,513
Likes (Received): 1067

Works in SE-40 will cause cut of A-49 all the nights from next week until february, so is true that they are working

Quote:
DESVÍOS DE TRÁFICO A PARTIR DEL LUNES 17 DE NOVIEMBRE
14/11/2014


A partir de la próximo semana, del 17 al 21 de noviembre, y durante los meses de diciembre y enero y febrero de 2015, durante la noche y de lunes a jueves, se producirán desvíos de tráfico en la A-49. Según ha informado la Demarcación de Carreteras del Estado, los desvíos se producirán entre los enlace Gines-Bormujos (PK5) y Umbrete-Bollullos (PK11), con motivo de la colocación de las vigas y ejecución de los tableros de las estructuras del futuro enlace entre la SE-40 y la A-49. Serán desvíos de carácter nocturno, entre las 23:00 horas y las 06:00 del día siguiente. Se ha previsto como itinerario alternativo la carretera A-474 como se detalla en el croquis.
http://www.bormujos.es/opencms/openc...l#.VGd6S_mG-So
adevahi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2014, 05:13 PM   #4704
verreme
Registered User
 
verreme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 1,392
Likes (Received): 645

A video of A-2 in Barcelona province. This stretch is a perfect example of a first-generation autovía -a direct duplication of the existing road. It has awesome views on Montserrat mountain, too, and a tunnel under the site of a famous 1808 battle against the French.

__________________

Reivajar, Tom 958 liked this post
verreme no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2014, 09:41 PM   #4705
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,607
Likes (Received): 19391

AG-55 Carballo - Baio will open in October 2016, according to this article: http://www.elidealgallego.com/articu...143218077.html
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2014, 01:49 PM   #4706
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Vladicin Han
Posts: 4,240
Likes (Received): 4063

[E] N-II Cervera - Santa Maria del Camí

Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2014, 08:47 PM   #4707
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,607
Likes (Received): 19391

La ministra de Fomento, Ana Pastor, ha presidido hoy en Cornellá de Llobregat (Barcelona) el acto de colocación de la primera piedra de las obras del “Nuevo acceso Sur viario al Puerto de Barcelona”.
http://www.fomento.gob.es/MFOM/LANG_.../141204-01.htm

Construction on the new access road to the Port of Barcelona commenced today.

__________________

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

MichiH, verreme liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2014, 08:49 PM   #4708
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse
 
alserrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zaragoza
Posts: 59,791

In these days we have had several news about A-12 Logroño-Burgos in the streches without project. They are about two of them only... and let's hope to have something projected in 2015.
__________________
Ya ves que fuimos puente herido de abrazos detenidos por ver la libertad


(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2014, 11:45 PM   #4709
RV
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Porvoo
Posts: 726
Likes (Received): 275

Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post
In these days we have had several news about A-12 Logroño-Burgos in the streches without project. They are about two of them only... and let's hope to have something projected in 2015.
What is the expected AADT, there in the middle of the mountains?

Such roads are usually unworthy to built in Spain, except vital routes, because Spain has urban sprawl only in the coast and in the big cities, and even there few of it except Madrid and Barcelona; Spanish cities are extremely densely built, and a 150,000 inhabitant city in Spain can look from Google Earth like a 15,000 inhabitant town in the US, or in the Nordics, for example. If the AADT justifies it outside the cities surroundings, then it's another story.

But I still think that simple, cheap widening of some Madrid overcrowded entrance roads should be well much above this kind of roads.

Also, I just don't understand why they, instead of upgrading an existing motorway with 100,000 AADT and 2x2 lanes build near it but far outside all urbanization, in the middle of the forest and mountains built huge 4x4 toll roads that nobody, or maybe 10,000 off the users of the old road uses it. The problem still stays...

Last edited by RV; December 4th, 2014 at 11:51 PM.
RV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2014, 12:32 AM   #4710
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse
 
alserrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zaragoza
Posts: 59,791

The A-12 is the shortest route between Barcelona and Porto for instance (and so many cities within Spain).

You can see low traffic rates out of main routes but it is known that if a new motorway is built, traffic from other motorways decreases and this new one (when fully built) increases a lot.

And for instance... A-4 joins Madrid-Cordoba-Seville-Cadiz buuuuuuut the SHORTEST and FASTEST way for a Madrid-Sevilla is via Merida, not via Cordoba (obviously depending of the corner of Madrid and Seville you choose, several minutes and kilometres can change but it was enough to build there the A-66 and people now uses A-5 and A-66 instead of A-4 to go to Sevilla)
__________________
Ya ves que fuimos puente herido de abrazos detenidos por ver la libertad


(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2014, 03:29 AM   #4711
sponge_bob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,953
Likes (Received): 2204

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV View Post
Also, I just don't understand why they, instead of upgrading an existing motorway with 100,000 AADT and 2x2 lanes build near it but far outside all urbanization, in the middle of the forest and mountains built huge 4x4 toll roads that nobody, or maybe 10,000 off the users of the old road uses it. The problem still stays...
Spain is the great mystery of motorway building.

However Spain will complete their fantastic primary motorway network in 2015 when the long awaited A7 A8 and A66 sections are compete.

Then we'll have a row about the next 2 problems.

1. Naming the bloody things consistently.
2. Capacity Upgrade works. Mainly around cities like you said.

Spain suffers from a unique problem which will not go away. The rich bits with the most congestion are also the bits with the worst terrain where upgrades are expensive. Generally near France but not always.

It could cost 10x to add a single badly needed extra lane in the Basque country compared to what a brand new 2+2 would cost in Murcia or over near Portugal.

But no question about the quality of the overall network.
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2014, 12:18 PM   #4712
CNGL
Leudimin
 
CNGL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Huesca
Posts: 7,459
Likes (Received): 1936

I actually do not care about numbering. I go by colo(u)rs instead: blue is a motorway, then regular roads are red, orange, green and yellow in decreasing importance order. Anyway, they should fix that A-231 problem.

In other news, last month some renumbering took place in my province. First I found that A-1211 signs in Almudevar had been patched to A-1210, meaning that road was rerouted away from the paved rural road to San Jorge and A-1211 was truncated to Tardienta. I then believed A-1210 ran from Almudevar to near Sariñena, but some days later returning from Caspe I discovered A-1213 had been extended from Grañen over A-1210, so now the later only has the Tardienta-Grañen section of its original routing remaining.
__________________
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2014, 12:19 PM   #4713
verreme
Registered User
 
verreme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 1,392
Likes (Received): 645

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV View Post
What is the expected AADT, there in the middle of the mountains?

Such roads are usually unworthy to built in Spain, except vital routes, because Spain has urban sprawl only in the coast and in the big cities, and even there few of it except Madrid and Barcelona; Spanish cities are extremely densely built, and a 150,000 inhabitant city in Spain can look from Google Earth like a 15,000 inhabitant town in the US, or in the Nordics, for example. If the AADT justifies it outside the cities surroundings, then it's another story.

But I still think that simple, cheap widening of some Madrid overcrowded entrance roads should be well much above this kind of roads.

Also, I just don't understand why they, instead of upgrading an existing motorway with 100,000 AADT and 2x2 lanes build near it but far outside all urbanization, in the middle of the forest and mountains built huge 4x4 toll roads that nobody, or maybe 10,000 off the users of the old road uses it. The problem still stays...
Come on, you're always talking the same "useless road" bullcrap and we have answered you a thousand times already. AADT will be low, though this is a very important route as it is the shortest connection between Northeastern and Northwestern Spain, so there's a lot of heavy traffic. Plus, it will be cheap, because terrain is not complicated and land is basically worthless, which is the reason we have that many motorways with less than 10,000 vehicles a day -they're cheap to build, so the cost-benefit analysis is still favourable. And when I say cheap I say 10 times cheaper than the average German motorway. Of course we've made mistakes, but A-12 will not be one of them. Neither are A-43, A-23 (the Southern part) or other motorways where traffic is low, but were cheap to build.

In exchange, expanding road capacity around Madrid would be obscenely expensive and benefits limited, because the city is just too small to fit all the cars there are.

Spain has made mistakes, but we are not "Southern lazy old farts living on welfare". Damn.
__________________

MichiH, Peines, Viva_Bulgaria, ChrisZwolle liked this post
verreme no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2014, 04:10 AM   #4714
RV
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Porvoo
Posts: 726
Likes (Received): 275

Quote:
Originally Posted by verreme View Post
Come on, you're always talking the same "useless road" bullcrap and we have answered you a thousand times already. AADT will be low, though this is a very important route as it is the shortest connection between Northeastern and Northwestern Spain, so there's a lot of heavy traffic. Plus, it will be cheap, because terrain is not complicated and land is basically worthless, which is the reason we have that many motorways with less than 10,000 vehicles a day -they're cheap to build, so the cost-benefit analysis is still favourable. And when I say cheap I say 10 times cheaper than the average German motorway. Of course we've made mistakes, but A-12 will not be one of them. Neither are A-43, A-23 (the Southern part) or other motorways where traffic is low, but were cheap to build.

In exchange, expanding road capacity around Madrid would be obscenely expensive and benefits limited, because the city is just too small to fit all the cars there are.

Spain has made mistakes, but we are not "Southern lazy old farts living on welfare". Damn.

Damn. I have lived in Spain for 7 years and talk excellent Spanish without any accent.

For example, N340 Fuengirola-Marbella is a shame! Full of deadly-dangerous accessess every 100 metres, junctions without acceleration lanes and 2x2 while traffic is 65 000 - 85 000. Capacity around big cities is a priority; you do things like every European country started to build motorways between every single town of at least 30,000 inhabitants.
RV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2014, 12:57 PM   #4715
Reivajar
__________
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 12,081
Likes (Received): 3340

Old A-7 "autovía" along the Western Costa del Sol is one of the worst dual carriageways of the Spanish network for sure.

However, it is again a pretty expensive project as the road is completely surrounded by urbanised areas where, furthermore, price of plots is pretty expensive as it is a well-known tourist destination. To sum up, it is a really expensive project.

I have no idea about the fatalities rate along this road, but in principle, I would prefer to reserve money for building the new railway corridor along the coast (actually, the problem along the Western Costa del Sol is not the A-7, but the lack of alternatives of transportation different that road further than Fuengirola for getting around). If you want to avoid the crappy A-7, you can use the paralel AP-7 tolled motorway. So, there is an alternative. A-7 should be used mostly just for local traffic, but as lots of people want to avoid the tolled road, it has an additional amount of long distance traffic.

Anyway, for solving the congestion problems around cities, a city planning avoiding excesive sprawl (which in Spain is relatively OK comparing to the rest of Europe as cities as pretty compact) and focusing more on developing commuter trains networks (which are far from being extensive and afficient enough) would be better than building more and more motorways and roads.
Reivajar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2014, 01:00 PM   #4716
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse
 
alserrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zaragoza
Posts: 59,791

Old A-68 western Zaragoza could be worst at all!!!

After several works, it has 9 km with a 90 km/h speed limit
__________________
Ya ves que fuimos puente herido de abrazos detenidos por ver la libertad


(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2014, 01:06 PM   #4717
Reivajar
__________
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 12,081
Likes (Received): 3340

Among the dual carriageways in Spain, A-68 in western Zaragoza and A-7 in western Costa del Sol are probably the worst ones. As well, the A-42 and A-5 access to Madrid are really bad, from the road design point of view, and from the urban point of view too. N-I/A-1 in the Etxegarate mountain pass towards Vitoria is as well pure crap.
Reivajar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2014, 01:07 PM   #4718
verreme
Registered User
 
verreme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 1,392
Likes (Received): 645

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV View Post
Damn. I have lived in Spain for 7 years and talk excellent Spanish without any accent.

For example, N340 Fuengirola-Marbella is a shame! Full of deadly-dangerous accessess every 100 metres, junctions without acceleration lanes and 2x2 while traffic is 65 000 - 85 000. Capacity around big cities is a priority; you do things like every European country started to build motorways between every single town of at least 30,000 inhabitants.
As I said before, expanding capacity along these urban corridors would be awfully expensive. Something we can't afford now, nor in 2007 when our economy was booming. There have been improvements anyway, such as San Pedro de Alcántara tunnel in A-7. No European country is carrying this kind of expansion. In the Netherlands, for example, they're widening a good part of their network, but this doesn't imply tearing down thousands of buildings. No European country is doing this, it would make sense in the 1960s, but now it's just crazy.
__________________
verreme no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2014, 02:37 PM   #4719
Escargot
¡De Bescós, rediós!
 
Escargot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,986

A-68 a bad highway? Of course, nonetheless it has a wonderful point: while you are driving, you find so many things to criticise that the only topic of interest is the road itself, and consequently your passengers are not talking about crappy topics such as politics or religion.
Escargot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2014, 03:12 PM   #4720
RV
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Porvoo
Posts: 726
Likes (Received): 275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reivajar View Post
Old A-7 "autovía" along the Western Costa del Sol is one of the worst dual carriageways of the Spanish network for sure.

However, it is again a pretty expensive project as the road is completely surrounded by urbanised areas where, furthermore, price of plots is pretty expensive as it is a well-known tourist destination. To sum up, it is a really expensive project.

I have no idea about the fatalities rate along this road, but in principle, I would prefer to reserve money for building the new railway corridor along the coast (actually, the problem along the Western Costa del Sol is not the A-7, but the lack of alternatives of transportation different that road further than Fuengirola for getting around). If you want to avoid the crappy A-7, you can use the paralel AP-7 tolled motorway. So, there is an alternative. A-7 should be used mostly just for local traffic, but as lots of people want to avoid the tolled road, it has an additional amount of long distance traffic.

Anyway, for solving the congestion problems around cities, a city planning avoiding excesive sprawl (which in Spain is relatively OK comparing to the rest of Europe as cities as pretty compact) and focusing more on developing commuter trains networks (which are far from being extensive and afficient enough) would be better than building more and more motorways and roads.

The railway corridor is of course in need. What I mean is that projects like A-2 from 2x2 to 2x3 in Madrid and other big cities are cheaper than giant bridges in low ADT roads in the countryside. For example, Hiperronda didn't quit much traffic from the old A7 (still 90,000 ADT and 2x2), only by-passing traffic use this too remote route with 4x4 lanes and 20 000-45 000 ADT. I am sure that upgrading the old A7 to 2x3 on those few kilometres and building Hiperronda 2x2-2x3 would be a much cheaper solution. Alicante by-pass doesn't cut distance at all, and is a complete fiasco with it's (3,000?) ADT. As so I also don't believe SE-40 is reasonable as big as it's planned outside commuter towns of Sevilla.

In Fuengirola, where A7 congestion is worst, there is also a proper highway by-passing it. Of course it would be more expensive to upgrade it to 2x3 that a route in the Castilian plateau, but traffic on this urban motorway is up to 80,000. What comes to the following "A"7, it would be indeed difficult to upgrade it, but there is place to at least add acceleration lanes. The route is famous from the many cruxes along it in memoir of those who died in traffic fatalities on this dangerous road...

Last edited by RV; December 7th, 2014 at 03:17 PM.
RV no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium