daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 16th, 2015, 09:52 PM   #4841
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

Yes, it connects to the existing autovía that opened circa 2004-2005.

At 14.3 km, it seems to include all of FV-2 from near La Lajita to the existing autovía near some unfinished resorts.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 16th, 2015, 10:09 PM   #4842
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

In all Fuerteventura there are only two highway streches (and maximum speed is 100). One of them, Puerto del Rosario - Airport (6 km) and the second one in the same FV-2 far away approaching Morro Jable (last town where ferries from Las Palmas call there. There is nothing with asphalt beyond it).

It is an island as big as Tenerife and only 100.000ish people live there.
However they started motorway to replace FV-1
Last time I visited it, works were halted but now I seed that middle strech has been improved. I will ask about it.

Therefore... I am really surprised about the news because FV-1 is not finished at all!!! and they are planning about FV-2

Furthermore, road network is quite simple... FV-1 from the capital to the north (it really ends here https://www.google.es/maps/place/Cor...7e9504a83d8947)
FV-2 from the capital to the south (https://www.google.es/maps/place/Mor...e9142cf176d415)
FV-3, a little by-pass for the capital
FV-4 a little strech to go to a main town (by the way, the nearest point to Morocco, just 97 km away!!)

And... inside islands main roads have two OR THREE digits.
What the ****!!!!, they keep Spanish standards, thus three digits for local roads even if with FV-1 to FV-20 it will be enough even for quite local roads

I guess I'll be there in the following months (remember on me, never hot, never cold there...) so I'll try to get further information (and if possible, some pics)

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)

MichiH liked this post
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2015, 01:40 PM   #4843
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Yes, it connects to the existing autovía that opened circa 2004-2005.

At 14.3 km, it seems to include all of FV-2 from near La Lajita to the existing autovía near some unfinished resorts.
I guess it should be here, shouldn't it:

FV2: Matas Blancas – El Salmo 14.3km (? to Late 2015) – ? – map

Does the section begin at Matas Blancas east of Costa Calma or does it include the La Latjita bypass?

The source is no longer available. I found a news article which quotes the Minister that the section (or a short sub section?) will be opened within the next 3 or 4 month!?

Quote:
“Desde el Gobierno de Canarias hemos hecho un gran esfuerzo para dar un impulso al tramo comprendido entre Matas Blancas y Costa Calma, que esperamos abrir en los próximos tres o cuatro meses”, anunció Berriel, quien adelantó que el Gobierno pretende abrir también el tramo de la otra carretera en obras (Caldereta-Corralejo) hasta Lajares, y mejorar la vía hasta Corralejo, “aunque en esta obra ha sido más complicado porque no es elegible para los fondos Feder”, explicó.
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2015, 10:31 PM   #4844
el palmesano
Roquetero

Likes (Received): 20152

Quote:
The autovía between Costa Calma and Pecenescal will open to traffic 'end of the year'.

http://www.gobiernodecanarias.org/no...io-finales-ano

picture of when it was U/C

arctic_carlos liked this post
el palmesano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2015, 10:37 PM   #4845
el palmesano
Roquetero

More from Canary Islands

Quote:
The road from La Aldea will be open in 2016
This is the section that is currently running, only one tunnel tube over 8 kilometers

(google translator)

"We are in a position to announce that after the summer of 2016 will open the section that is running on the road to La Aldea, with some modifications." So Carlos Sanchez announced, the Minister of Public Works of the Cabildo de Gran Canaria, the agreement between the administrations to get things Highway La Aldea de San Nicolás.

The Island Council, the Canary Islands Government and the municipalities of La Aldea, Agaete and Artenara have held a meeting on Monday, which came out this commitment. For this, the Cabildo de Gran Canaria put 10 million euros in two years, through a similar agreement which has already signed with the regional government to continue the fourth phase of the ring.

The Canary Islands government, meanwhile, this year will not provide a single euro more than already planned in the Budget of the Autonomous Community, but is committed to allocate 12 million euros next year.

In total there are 30 million euros with which you can open the route, albeit with modifications that will be enabled only one tunnel tube, ie, a traffic lane. For operating the second 10 million euros are needed, which is claimed by the mayor of the municipality, José Miguel Rodríguez. Therefore, announces that on 28 January the full council will be at the gates of the Canarian Government Presidency for receipt by the president and to put to their claims.

Meanwhile, Rafael Ramos, spokesman Roque Forum Villager, ensures that the meeting "was a paripé" because all they have announced is the willingness of the council to provide 5 million this year and another 5 next.

http://cadenaser.com/emisora/2015/01...95_721673.html
Old January 20th, 2015, 10:39 PM   #4846
el palmesano
Roquetero

viaduct that will have this stretch of highway

Old January 20th, 2015, 10:48 PM   #4847
Escargot
¡De Bescós, rediós!

This photo puzzles me.

Is it the actual road? Is it normal to find it so full of rocks and stones?
Escargot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2015, 06:24 PM   #4848
el palmesano
Roquetero

it seems, from a day that rocks felt down
Old January 21st, 2015, 07:57 PM   #4849
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

Picture is probably from this day:

http://cadenaser.com/emisora/2015/01...16_564147.html
Old January 21st, 2015, 08:28 PM   #4850
verreme

New driving code

The new Spanish driving code, which has already taken four years just to get through all procedures necessary for it to be passed, is having some (more) trouble as it has been rejected by "Consejo de Estado". This is an advisory authority that studies all new laws before they are passed by the Spanish parliament. They have written a long, juicy report about the new code. Some of the articles they don't consider right are:

- Speed limit for pedestrians (yes, seriously!). According to the new code, pedestrians would be limited to "walking" speed. Consejo de Estado has said this would technically forbid running.
- Alcohol controls for pedestrians. They say this conflicts fundamental freedoms like privacy.
- Allowing bicycles on sidewalks as long as they respect "walking" speed.
- Speed limit reduction from 100 and 90 km/h in roads to 90, 70 and 50 (!) km/h, depending on the width of the road. They say people may perceive this as a revenue-generating measure.
- Speed limit of 30 km/h on all urban roads with no more than one lane per direction, as this would "slow down" life in the cities.
- Speed limit increase from 120 km/h to 130 km/h in some motorways equipped with variable speed limits (as of today, there's no variable-speed limit motorway in Spain eligible for this speed increase). Fomento says this would make people lose the perception of risk associated with speed.

As always, our press focuses in the speed limit increase to 130 km/h, something that will hardly happen even if this law is passed. I think that the decrease from 90 to 50 km/h on some roads (narrower than 6,5 meters and with no separation line) is way more important, as it would affect a lot of roads and some travel times would be doubled. We'll see if the Government obeys Consejo de Estado and drops this law, because it's essentially a whole lot of nonsense. I'm surprised at Fomento being against the speed limit increase in some motorways, though. Former minister José Blanco openly supported it, and it was one of the promises of our current government.

I first heard of this new driving code in 2011, and it was to be passed in 2012. I wonder what they do in Dirección General de Tráfico (Spanish authority of traffic). They basically produced a law that looks straight out of a brainstorming meeting, with no legal consistency whatsoever. I feel like I'm paying a bunch of useless morons that don't do nothing but get money from fines.

More information (in Spanish):

http://politica.elpais.com/politica/...22_660400.html
Old January 21st, 2015, 08:42 PM   #4851
RV

Likes (Received): 275

What is this Green tendence thing all about anyways!! Even in Spain :d
RV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2015, 09:20 PM   #4852
Escargot
¡De Bescós, rediós!

Thank you for your explanations about rocks falling. As I have read, it's frequent on that road and usually due to climatic adversities, but not always. They say it was a windy night, but I think wind cannot do that. I'd rather blame the type of rock, as this is what happens in Monrepós... where rains worsen the situation but a rock can fall in any moment.

Concerning speed measures, now I finally see who defends each position... and that's curious, because it's something I couldn't do yesterday after reading the news in Spanish. For me, some measures are idiotic (you know the joke I used to make about going out of the car with a metre to measure the road) and what I explained yesterday about my mother's pace. Well, thanks again for helping me understand.
Old January 21st, 2015, 10:41 PM   #4853
ChrisZwolle
Road user

The 130 km/h seems just bait to attract attention away from all the other speed limit reductions.
Old January 21st, 2015, 10:46 PM   #4854
Escargot
¡De Bescós, rediós!

The same as everything done in this blessed country.
Old January 21st, 2015, 11:05 PM   #4855
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
The 130 km/h seems just bait to attract attention away from all the other speed limit reductions.
Not only that... It would be set in a few streches where asphalt and motorway might allow it and.... there are electronic pannels to set signals.

Right now it can be set in the Barcelona surroundings because it is used in the opposite direction. This is, to decrease maximum speed if congestion, pollution or that stuff. The only change would be setting 130 as maximum and, considering live it would be decreased (you could only drive 130 there in a sunny, dry day on a Sunday morning or so indeed)

However I glanced proposals in my region and they were all of them few km streches only and... all of them but not one were tolled motorways.

This is... they would set 130 on tolled motorways mainly at the time they decrease the speed in other roads.

It is known that due the crisis, motorway traffic has decreased too much and it seemed to be an action to make every driver to take a toller motorway (if you compare 100 1x1 and 120 2x2 but quite expensive, you may consider... 90 1x1 and 130 2x2 is quite competitive!!!)

But now... however tolled motorway traffic has increased, thus no such problem (or no so big).

By the way... it doesn't matter if maximum speed is 130. With 131 you'll get fine either 120 or 130. It would change only the quantity of points to be decreased from a licence.

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2015, 11:08 PM   #4856
čarli

Likes (Received): 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by verreme View Post
The new Spanish driving code
This law looks like monty phython show

Bitxofo liked this post
čarli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2015, 11:08 PM   #4857
verreme

Quote:
That was my point. Fortunately Consejo de Estado has not proven to be that dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by čarli View Post
This law sounds like monty phython show
Yes, the "walking pace" speed limit kinda reminds of the "Ministry of Silly Walks" sketch.
Old January 22nd, 2015, 04:26 PM   #4858
Bitxofo
¡Viva el metro!

Location: Alderaan BCN BKK ATH PAR LON SYD SFO CPT TYO SCL CHC BUE SCG SVQ AGP BDN
Likes (Received): 3668

Quote:
Originally Posted by čarli View Post
This law looks like monty phython show
We have got a stupid government full of moron thieves. The only thing they do perfectly is corruption and stealing all our money!
川添 Kawazoe (riverside) 海斗 Kaito (big dipper of the ocean), in Japanese.
Yo si la ciudad no tiene metro, como que no es gran ciudad y entonces ya paso de vivir allí. Norreport+12000
Bitxofo está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2015, 10:13 PM   #4859
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Two segments of A-66 (Benavente - Zamora) could open before the elections (which are scheduled for 20 December 2015). They say it will open mid-May.

http://www.laopiniondezamora.es/zamo...es/822263.html

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

MichiH liked this post
Old February 15th, 2015, 12:51 AM   #4860
Innsertnamehere
insertoronto

Likes (Received): 680

Pedestrian alcohol restrictions? Seriously, if you are going to get arrested for walking down the street, how do they expect drunks to safely make it home at night?

Inner city speed reductions make sense, pedestrian safety is key and car drivers lose very minimal amounts of time for it.
Innsertnamehere no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida