daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 15th, 2015, 01:02 AM   #4861
I(L)WTC
Cono Sur ♥

Likes (Received): 8763

Speed limit for pedestrians is so much Spanish

GRIDO Emblema de la decada ganada

I(L)WTC liked this post
I(L)WTC no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 15th, 2015, 02:05 AM   #4862
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

Likes (Received): 3963

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Two segments of A-66 (Benavente - Zamora) could open before the elections (which are scheduled for 20 December 2015). They say it will open mid-May.

http://www.laopiniondezamora.es/zamo...es/822263.html
And they also say that the remaining section is to open in July this year, after the local elections scheduled for 24 May 2015. There is still no official date for the parliamentary elections (although they should be at latest on the date you mention in December).

Bertolt Brecht
arctic_carlos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2015, 08:22 PM   #4863
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19410

The western part of the Badajoz Southern Bypass (Ronda Sur) could start construction in 2016. It will cost € 40.2 million and include a new bridge across the río Guadiana. The first phase would run from A-6 to EX-107.

http://www.gobex.es/comunicacion/noticia?idPub=15519
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2015, 08:28 PM   #4864
ChrisZwolle
Road user

The next phase of RM-1 will start in March. This project has been delayed for years, the autovía infamously ends in a field near Zeneta.

http://www.carm.es/web/pagina?IDCONTENIDO=78618&IDTIPO=10&RASTRO=c$m122,70
http://www.laopiniondemurcia.es/murc...an/626381.html
Old February 18th, 2015, 11:25 PM   #4865
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

Quote:
The western part of the Badajoz Southern Bypass (Ronda Sur) could start construction in 2016. It will cost € 40.2 million and include a new bridge across the río Guadiana. The first phase would run from A-6 to EX-107.

http://www.gobex.es/comunicacion/noticia?idPub=15519
A-5

A construction date is way too optimistic. It's election year, all politicians are promising stuff . I'm not sure about the standard of this project, either. Both pictures show an expressway-like road, but I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be a dual-carriageway road with roundabouts.
Old February 19th, 2015, 03:19 PM   #4866
ChrisZwolle
Road user

It would make sense to build an autovía. The current road from A-5 ( ) to EX-107 has 12 roundabouts.
Old February 19th, 2015, 04:56 PM   #4867
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

Quote:
The next phase of RM-1 will start in March. This project has been delayed for years, the autovía infamously ends in a field near Zeneta.

http://www.carm.es/web/pagina?IDCONTENIDO=78618&IDTIPO=10&RASTRO=c$m122,70
http://www.laopiniondemurcia.es/murc...an/626381.html
You haven't seen how A-22 abruptly ends near Siétamo. There are some talks in local forums to open that drop to politicians only . In the distant future, it will end at A-23.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2015, 05:32 PM   #4868
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

Likes (Received): 3963

Or B-40 in Olesa de Montserrat, where a six-lane bridge was built just before the place where the motorway abruptly ends... Fortunately it was announced yesterday that construction of the remaining section will resume in a few weeks.

Bertolt Brecht
arctic_carlos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2015, 05:38 PM   #4869
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
You haven't seen how A-22 abruptly ends near Siétamo. There are some talks in local forums to open that drop to politicians only . In the distant future, it will end at A-23.
I remember works on A-22 in 2005 and I guess in 2007 the Monzon bypass was opened.

But after halted and started again, several years ago all was finished....until Sietamo. Beyond there, nothing is already written (even the project)

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2015, 05:59 PM   #4870
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21248

Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post
I remember works on A-22 in 2005 and I guess in 2007 the Monzon bypass was opened.

But after halted and started again, several years ago all was finished....until Sietamo. Beyond there, nothing is already written (even the project)
Why the delay? IT is a small gap that will link up a major route, and it doesn't seem to go through a national park or through a heavily built up area. Just some hills east of Huesca.
Old February 19th, 2015, 06:01 PM   #4871
Suburbanist
on the road

I have a small off-topic question: is this a Google Maps bug or not?
Old February 19th, 2015, 06:06 PM   #4872
Suburbanist
on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_carlos View Post
Or B-40 in Olesa de Montserrat, where a six-lane bridge was built just before the place where the motorway abruptly ends... Fortunately it was announced yesterday that construction of the remaining section will resume in a few weeks.
Has the tunnel been excavated already or not yet? The parallel route (B-120) looks atrocious.
Old February 19th, 2015, 07:19 PM   #4873
CNGL
Leudimin

Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post

The first section was opened in June 2008.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
Why the delay? IT is a small gap that will link up a major route, and it doesn't seem to go through a national park or through a heavily built up area. Just some hills east of Huesca.
Again, politicians . And then budget cuts .
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
Old February 19th, 2015, 07:51 PM   #4874
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
No, it isn't

Those two corners belong to Navarra since middle age and border hasn't been changed at all.

The northern side has a 50ish people village (where one of the first Nobel Prize as Physician was born, by the way) and the southern one has been always inhabited.

Petilla (belonging to Navarra) depends too much on Sos del rey catolico services (who is part of Aragón) and Sos depends on Sangüesa (quite near but Navarra again)

As you can see, there is a short stretch of a road inside the Navarra side there. I kept it for a "guess the road thread" in the Spanish forum and my clue was... "it is in Navarra, not far from the border".

It was built and refurbished by Aragonese government at all. Navarra has no business there. They let Aragonese government to built anything and that was all (it is not the unique case in Spain as this one)

But if you go to the village of Petilla, it is well pointed where Aragon ends and you have the enclave

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.4815...ufl7gYFyfA!2e0

(the left stone is the bound indeed)

Old February 19th, 2015, 07:54 PM   #4875
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:

There was a quarrel between Aragonese government and local town of Tierz to take as much away the motorway either from town (requested by Tierz) or from the castle in the area (requested by Aragonese department of heritage)

They went to court and judge decission gave reason to department of heritage... In that moment almost all stretches were on works but they had to start preparing the project there (writing it, prior to works).

And... crisis made all to be halted

Old February 19th, 2015, 07:55 PM   #4876
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_carlos View Post
Do you have a link? Is there any announced completion date? (I guess there's no info but I ask b/c that's me ).

B40: Olesa de Montserrat – Viladecavalls (C16) 6km (2007 to suspended) – projectmap

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2015, 10:57 PM   #4877
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

Quote:
Has the tunnel been excavated already or not yet? The parallel route (B-120) looks atrocious.
B-120 is a local road with very little traffic. B-40 will connect Martorell and Terrassa, which are two very important cities with a lot of industry around (Martorell is home to SEAT and Terrassa has a population of more than 200.000). To do this trip, most people choose C-243c, which is also a mountain pass, but it's wider and safer. You can also go through C-58 and then AP-7, which is longer and has a toll (for now, as a toll-free junction with A-2 is U/C), but it's faster when traffic is light.

As for the tunnel, no excavation has been done at all. You can see it on Google Street View. It's a long one, so it'll take some time. Works may even be put into idle after the elections -as usual in Spain, even when there was no recession.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Do you have a link? Is there any announced completion date? (I guess there's no info but I ask b/c that's me ).

B40: Olesa de Montserrat – Viladecavalls (C16) 6km (2007 to suspended) – projectmap
No completion date has been announced. Yesterday several media published that construction will restart soon as an agreement has been reached between the central and regional government, but that's all the information we have for now.

arctic_carlos, MichiH liked this post
verreme no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2015, 11:35 PM   #4878
CNGL
Leudimin

Quote:
As alserrod pointed out, this is the Petilla de Aragón enclave which (despite the village's name) belongs to Navarre. I won't say this is a bug, since I know the story behind that.
Old February 20th, 2015, 03:06 PM   #4879
Highway89

Likes (Received): 1189

Hello everybody.

This is my first post here, although I've been following this forum for some months.

Let me post a video of the recently opened LO-20 between Logroño and Recajo.

It is part of a bigger project consisting of a bridge over the river Ebro, to link the two parts of the A-12 (Pamplona-Logroño and Logroño-Burgos). The southern bypass of Logroño (LO-20) has been extended to the east to create a full motorway interchanghe with the A-12.

The link in the video description (can't post it directly here) shows everything clearly.

This is the first driving video I make, so any piece of advice is welcome.

I also wanted to thank Verreme, Chris/Roads of Europe and other users whom I've been following on Youtube for long and led me to wanting to make my own road videos - and to discovering this forum.

Suburbanist, arctic_carlos, verreme liked this post
Highway89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2015, 05:27 PM   #4880
javimix19

Likes (Received): 1328

Gipuzkoa's Council (a province of Basque Country) has announced that it is going to cancel construction works in GI-632 between Urretxu and Bergara.

This is the last stretch in Gipuzkoa's motorway system. The motorway was expected to open this year but finally it will be impossible.

Technicians of Council of Gipuzkoa have decided that it is necessary another project study, so works are going to be paralized this year entirely.

This is a sad notice to all inhabitants of this part of Gipuzkoa because the old road has a lot of traffic because this province is one of the most indutrialized region of Spain.

http://www.diariovasco.com/gipuzkoa/...219182001.html

https://www.google.es/maps/place/205...68bee0a3bc57ca

MichiH liked this post
javimix19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida