daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 20th, 2015, 05:36 PM   #4881
Escargot
¡De Bescós, rediós!

You are looking for very complicated explanations. A-22 in Siétamo won't ever exist because the radars there are a big business.
Escargot no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 20th, 2015, 06:12 PM   #4882
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway89 View Post
Hello everybody.

This is my first post here, although I've been following this forum for some months.

Let me post a video of the recently opened LO-20 between Logroño and Recajo.

It is part of a bigger project consisting of a bridge over the river Ebro, to link the two parts of the A-12 (Pamplona-Logroño and Logroño-Burgos). The southern bypass of Logroño (LO-20) has been extended to the east to create a full motorway interchanghe with the A-12.

The link in the video description (can't post it directly here) shows everything clearly.

This is the first driving video I make, so any piece of advice is welcome.

I also wanted to thank Verreme, Chris/Roads of Europe and other users whom I've been following on Youtube for long and led me to wanting to make my own road videos - and to discovering this forum.
Welcome to the forum

Highway89 liked this post
Suburbanist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2015, 07:42 PM   #4883
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

Likes (Received): 3931

Quote:
Originally Posted by javimix19 View Post
Gipuzkoa's Council (a province of Basque Country) has announced that it is going to cancel construction works in GI-632 between Urretxu and Bergara.

This is the last stretch in Gipuzkoa's motorway system. The motorway was expected to open this year but finally it will be impossible.

Technicians of Council of Gipuzkoa have decided that it is necessary another project study, so works are going to be paralized this year entirely.

This is a sad notice to all inhabitants of this part of Gipuzkoa because the old road has a lot of traffic because this province is one of the most indutrialized region of Spain.

http://www.diariovasco.com/gipuzkoa/...219182001.html

https://www.google.es/maps/place/205...68bee0a3bc57ca
But I've just read that the cancellation only affects construction works between Antzuola and Bergara; that means that construction is ongoing between Urretxu and Antzuola and, according to the following link, this section will open at the end of March this year.

http://www.eitb.eus/es/noticias/soci...tzuolabergara/

Bertolt Brecht
arctic_carlos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2015, 09:27 PM   #4884
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escargot View Post
You are looking for very complicated explanations. A-22 in Siétamo won't ever exist because the radars there are a big business.
You and other forum members from the same area are always talking about the same speed camera. Even if it's there because it generates revenue, it's no reason not to build A-22. That motorway is not there because recession kicked in when construction was not tendered yet. It will be built sometime, because Spain is slowly restarting "frozen" projects like A-2 or A-33. I agree, that A-21/A-22/A-23 are getting little attention, but it's just a matter of time.
Old February 20th, 2015, 10:13 PM   #4885
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Of course, it isn't... and providing new radars are the reason... it will be enough to set them in the Huesca bypass when motorway (2x2 but will be limited to 100)

But... they made an enviromental project. It went on. After five years without starting works it expired and they had to ask for extra time whilst a pity but this year it is not considered... to prepare the project.

I am not talking about starting works but just... they have to choose which entreprise will define and declare the project and specifications prior to works

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2015, 10:30 PM   #4886
Escargot
¡De Bescós, rediós!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verreme View Post
You and other forum members from the same area are always talking about the same speed camera. Even if it's there because it generates revenue, it's no reason not to build A-22. That motorway is not there because recession kicked in when construction was not tendered yet. It will be built sometime, because Spain is slowly restarting "frozen" projects like A-2 or A-33. I agree, that A-21/A-22/A-23 are getting little attention, but it's just a matter of time.
Of course it's not, but with such surrealistic situations you become suspicious of everything.
Escargot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2015, 11:37 PM   #4887
verreme

I made a video of Barcelona's Avinguda Meridiana, one of the busiest streets of the city. Until the 1990s, part of this road was a motorway, and the rest had traffic lights but no pedestrian crossings -people had to use bridges to cross from one part of the city to another. It fitted poorly in the street pattern of the city, too, as streets at both sides of the motorway were unconnected and neighborhoods next to each other were isolated. When the city's ringroad opened in 1992, the Meridiana was progressively downgraded to a surface street, though some parts of it still look like a motorway. Some old pictures I found in the Internet:

The interchange with Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes/C-31 motorway, which was rebuilt in 1992 and is currently seeing another massive reconstruction/urban renewal project:

And the video of the current situation:

verreme no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2015, 11:54 PM   #4888
Suburbanist
on the road

It's a pity they demolished the multi-level interchange at Plaza de Les Gloria Catalanes. :angry:

RV liked this post
Suburbanist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2015, 12:34 AM   #4889
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
It's a pity they demolished the multi-level interchange at Plaza de Les Gloria Catalanes. :angry:

There is a new one quite more complet indeed

https://www.google.es/maps/place/Bar...b0fb3d4f47660a

Old February 24th, 2015, 02:25 AM   #4890
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post
There is a new one quite more complet indeed

https://www.google.es/maps/place/Bar...b0fb3d4f47660a
That Google Maps image is too old, the elevated circular interchange built in 1992 was demolished last year. Now the're building a tunnel for Gran Via through traffic; once opened, most of the square will be a huge park.

Bertolt Brecht
Old February 24th, 2015, 02:59 AM   #4891
Sister Greed U

Likes (Received): 15414

Quote:
Actually people in Barcelona are quite happy it happened.

That square has always been an unfriendly no man's land, yet it's the biggest square in the city.

Maybe make it a bit less alienating a place, don't you think so?
Old February 24th, 2015, 03:05 AM   #4892
Suburbanist
on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 437.001 View Post
Actually people in Barcelona are quite happy it happened.

That square has always been an unfriendly no man's land, yet it's the biggest square in the city.

Maybe make it a bit less alienating a place, don't you think so?
It is THE major urban road junction with 3 major axes crossing there. I read there will be a tunnel for the Gran Vía, but what about other major avenues that were cut short, Meridiana and Diagonal?

Now, you cannot access these avenues easily any longer. They should have gone Norwegian and built a 2-stack underground junction
Old February 24th, 2015, 10:26 PM   #4893
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

Quote:
It is THE major urban road junction with 3 major axes crossing there. I read there will be a tunnel for the Gran Vía, but what about other major avenues that were cut short, Meridiana and Diagonal?

Now, you cannot access these avenues easily any longer. They should have gone Norwegian and built a 2-stack underground junction
Well, traffic used to be higher there before the construction of the Rondes (Barcelona Ring Road). The lower parts of Diagonal (between Aragó street and the sea) and Meridiana (between Glòries and the Ciutadella Park) don't have a lot of traffic as they are not used by traffic entering Barcelona. Most people entering Barcelona through Meridiana avenue don't get to Glòries, as they turn in Mallorca or Aragó streets.

Only Gran Via supports a lot of traffic, as it is the natural entrance to Barcelona from the Maresme coast.

Bertolt Brecht
Old February 24th, 2015, 11:10 PM   #4894
verreme

Quote:

The tunnel under this intersection will be better for traffic than its previous iteration, as they will reach deeper into the city. So cars will actually win some space, which is something a bit unusual these days.

I'm personally quite happy with the proposed tunnels (they will start construction this year). The square will be finally friendly for pedestrians, and it will allow expressway-like traffic.

As for Diagonal and Meridiana, in that part of the city they don't carry a lot of traffic so they don't require a massive junction. Meridiana used to prior to the opening of the ringroad, as it was one of the main thruways of the city. Expressways and interchanges inside the boundaries of the city have suffered different fates after Rondes opened in 1992. For example, Plaça Cerdà interchange was partly dismantled, but the inner ringroad (the one formed by Gran Via Carles III/Ronda del General Mitre/Travessera de Dalt) has now more tunnels and has been extended to Avinguda Meridiana using Avinguda de Rio de Janeiro. You could say that overall cars have won more choices as the mess that were the Northeastern quarters of the city has been arranged. Even with the downgrading of Avinguda Meridiana and the removal of lanes in other streets such as Aragó or Paral·lel, driving in Barcelona is faster and easier than in 1992.

Suburbanist, arctic_carlos liked this post
verreme no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2015, 12:08 AM   #4895
RV

Likes (Received): 275

Yeah, the Green Plague started in Spain with the demolition of an amazing interchange in Madrid and that road in Barcelona...
RV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2015, 07:47 PM   #4896
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Caray, ¿Así está el patio?

Quote:
En la isla de Formentera no caben más coches
Con apenas 20 kilómetros de longitud cuenta con 18.000 vehículos y ningún semáforo

Preparan una tasa que restrinja nuevas entradas por vía marítima en temporada alta
http://www.elmundo.es/baleares/2015/...9108b456b.html

Free translation

It is impossible to allow more cars in peak season in Formentera island. It has 20 km corner to corner, no traffic lights in all the island and they are preparing a new tax for arriving cars in peak season

https://www.google.es/maps/@38.7010619,1.4338596,11z

Old February 25th, 2015, 10:25 PM   #4897
verreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV View Post
Yeah, the Green Plague started in Spain with the demolition of an amazing interchange in Madrid and that road in Barcelona...
Looks like you didn't read my post. But I don't want to discuss this topic with you because you're basically saying the same in every single one of your posts, regardless of who and what you answer to.
Old February 27th, 2015, 10:02 PM   #4898
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

The widening of six kilometers of AP-9 north of Vigo began today. They will build new decks alongside the Rande Bridge.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Attus, pai nosso liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2015, 12:52 PM   #4899
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2204

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV View Post
This is not true. The Spanish have built enormous underground rail networks in cities like Madrid Bilbao and Barcelona since the 1970s. Madrid ( population adjusted) has the worlds biggest underground railway network.

The stupid _Finnish_ greens want to demolish motorways while leaving no other access to Helsinki city centre, eg Underground railways.

The Spaniards built their alternative access network first, along with outer ring roads for long distance traffic, and then they demolished the old urban first generation motorways that were no longer required as a primary access route to the city centres and which divided cities in half.

No comparison.
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2015, 04:23 PM   #4900
verreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponge_bob View Post
This is not true. The Spanish have built enormous underground rail networks in cities like Madrid Bilbao and Barcelona since the 1970s. Madrid ( population adjusted) has the worlds biggest underground railway network.

The stupid _Finnish_ greens want to demolish motorways while leaving no other access to Helsinki city centre, eg Underground railways.

The Spaniards built their alternative access network first, along with outer ring roads for long distance traffic, and then they demolished the old urban first generation motorways that were no longer required as a primary access route to the city centres and which divided cities in half.

No comparison.
No motorways have been demolished in Spain. Only certain interchanges have been removed, like Plaça Cerdà junction in Barcelona (where the most important road remains free-flow), Atocha "scalextric" in Madrid (replaced by tunnels) or Sabino Arana interchange in Bilbao (this one has just been replaced by a new junction further West).

Urban motorways that have been bypassed, such as A-8 in Bilbao and San Sebastián, remain there because they still carry a lot of traffic. And these two are literally inside the city. Even M-30 in Madrid is still there despite a tunneled bypass being built North of it. I can only think of Avinguda Meridiana in Barcelona as a fairly long (1 kilometer) motorway being downgraded.

Spain must be the most pro-road country in Europe. Only Catalonia had some issues with the Greens being in the regional Government and boycotting all road projects. But we kicked them out and they're definitely not coming back.

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida