daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 2nd, 2015, 02:02 PM   #4921
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Pina road is cut off due to river overflow. Next bridge is at Gelsa

Fifty km in the surrounding of Zaragoza without bridges

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 2nd, 2015, 02:54 PM   #4922
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21241

Don't they have flood control reservoirs on the Ebro?
Old March 2nd, 2015, 04:55 PM   #4923
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
Don't they have flood control reservoirs on the Ebro?
Yes it has many but look...

Village in the right is Gallur. Zaragoza is ahead in the picture.

Since 1961 we didn't have an overflow as this one

More pics in this thread
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...327289&page=17

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)

solchante, geometarkv liked this post
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2015, 09:09 PM   #4924
Highway89

Likes (Received): 1182

That's what happens when you add up meters of snow in the mountains followed by almost a week of continuous rain and an abnormal increase of temperature (~8ºC above average).

Talking about road demolition, the only one I can think of is the N-111 in Soria, which was downgraded to a gravel road between Almazán and Lubia when the A-15 was opened. Check coordinates 41.642452,-2.505505 on Google Maps Street View.

solchante liked this post
Highway89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2015, 09:51 PM   #4925
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

I made another video that shows the current state of Glòries interchange in Barcelona. You can see that both Gran Via carriageways rise and split to leave room for the tunnel, and the median is not landscaped yet because works will start soon. Video also features C-31 motorway, which is Spain's first "real" motorway (controlled access and fully grade-separated). The entrance to Barcelona has some funky noise barriers. And there's also an elevated viaduct through a neighborhood of apartment blocks -all very 1960s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway89 View Post
Talking about road demolition, the only one I can think of is the N-111 in Soria, which was downgraded to a gravel road between Almazán and Lubia when the A-15 was opened. Check coordinates 41.642452,-2.505505 on Google Maps Street View.
That pisses me off -no chance for bicycles, tractors and other vehicles that can't use the motorway. I wonder how can they be so short-sighted

arctic_carlos liked this post
verreme no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2015, 12:34 AM   #4926
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1936

Several roads are now in need of repairs due to the floods of the last days. Apart from the aforementioned, weird-numbered ARA-A1 motorway, the following were closed to traffic: A-1107, which got a short section demolished so the nearby town of Pina de Ebro wouldn't be flooded; A-126, which has since been reopened to traffic; and an unclassified road which used to be part of A-127. But still, the worst part is on ARA-A1, which operates on a shadow toll system and IIRC the company went bankrupt recently.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2015, 07:56 PM   #4927
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

The next segment of A-7 in Granada province will open on 27 March. It is the segment from A-44 to Puntalón, around Motril.

http://www.granadahoy.com/article/gr.../tramo/la.html

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Luki_SL, verreme liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2015, 09:52 PM   #4928
verreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
The next segment of A-7 in Granada province will open on 27 March. It is the segment from A-44 to Puntalón, around Motril.

http://www.granadahoy.com/article/gr.../tramo/la.html
After this, only one more to go for the entire Spanish Mediterranean coast to be spanned by motorways
Old March 6th, 2015, 07:46 PM   #4929
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A-11 Variante de Aranda de Duero (13.7 km) will open 'late March'.

http://www.fomento.gob.es/MFOM/LANG_.../150306-01.htm

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

MichiH liked this post
Old March 6th, 2015, 08:45 PM   #4930
radko

Likes (Received): 3

[E] Spain | road infrastructure • autopistas y autovías Reply to Thread

Hi, very spectaculars pictures, that's a pity motorways isnt on maps. I'm interesting when were built ALL important highways. I'm finding but nothing only MOTORWAY without autovias <at least 1980>. Sent me some historical pics and i create on page history building motorways spanish map and other 4lanes roads. Off course number of lanes too. radovankostiviar @ centrum.sk
radko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2015, 10:15 PM   #4931
verreme

A video from the Catalan Departament de Territori i Sostenibilitat about the new C-32 extension in Lloret de Mar. The new road will be partly 2+1, with a twin-tube tunnel and a single-tube one. The project also includes a new, 1.6-kilometer long access road to relieve the existing accesses to Lloret.

It will be toll-free and financed through a private-public partnership with Abertis, the company that runs the rest of C-32.

I don't get what is that wide (4 m), "virtual" (painted) median for, though. Looks like there's enough room for a 2+2 road with a narrow physical median there, so why just 3 lanes? This road will be packed with traffic from day 1; Lloret de Mar has a population of 40,000 and in summer it can be double that.

Vignole, Highway89 liked this post
verreme no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2015, 11:28 PM   #4932
Vignole
e^(iπ)+1=0

Likes (Received): 479

Wow, stunning video
Vignole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2015, 12:34 AM   #4933
Fane40
Landes-40-SW of F.

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by verreme View Post
AP-1 will be toll-free when concession ends in 2018 (source).
Are you absolutely sure of that ?
Because the parallel N I is now in excellent condition between Miranda and Burgos except a few kilometers which are under repair.
And I doubt the spanish government makes this highway a free one.
Fane40 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2015, 12:39 AM   #4934
Fane40
Landes-40-SW of F.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway89 View Post
In this case I think we can expect it becomes true.

In a few months' time the N-I will be banned for trucks, which will have to take the AP-1 instead. The government will subsidize half of their toll fares, which is a lot of money. Therefore it may be cheaper for the administration to take control of the AP-1 once the concession expires, rather than keeping on paying half of the tolls to the managing company.

Or maybe it isn't, and the concession is extended again. In this scenario, maybe the administration will ask for some improvements in return, as they did the previous time, when the stretch between Pancorbo and Armiñón became toll-free and was widened to 2x3.

But there are other factors to take into account. For instance, the "ghost motorways". Will they become part of a state-owned company? And don't forget that there are local and national elections in 2015.
Arminon - Ameyugo is a toll free stretch ,not to the next exit in Pancorbo.
Old March 7th, 2015, 12:56 AM   #4935
Fane40
Landes-40-SW of F.

[QUOTE=Highway89;122056490]
In a few months' time the N-I will be banned for trucks, which will have to take the AP-1 instead.

Do you have information about that ?
This road misses only one bypass in Monasterio de Rodilla.
They opened the bypass of Sta Maria Rivarredonda a few months ago.
It was certainly done to avoid to the trucks to cross this village.
Today this road is not as dangerous as there was 17 years ago when I took it for the first time.
Old March 7th, 2015, 04:41 PM   #4936
Highway89

I've uploaded a video showing the detour drivers have had to take since 2006, when the last stretch of the A-12 north of the Ebro was finished. Things will change when the bridge of the A-12 over the river Ebro is finished (expected opening: April 2015).

The main problem is that the detour goes through one of the main industrial estates in Logroño, so through-traffic shares the road with local commuter traffic. AADT on the LR-131 is almost 30k, and on the A-13 it's almost 36k. The new bridge will take away about 12k vehicles from those highways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by verreme View Post
I don't get what is that wide (4 m), "virtual" (painted) median for, though. Looks like there's enough room for a 2+2 road with a narrow physical median there, so why just 3 lanes? This road will be packed with traffic from day 1; Lloret de Mar has a population of 40,000 and in summer it can be double that.
Indeed, it's good news but it should be 2+2 from the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fane40 View Post
Arminon - Ameyugo is a toll free stretch ,not to the next exit in Pancorbo.
You are right, the stretch in Desfiladero de Pancorbo with the tunnels isn't toll free.

Quote:
Do you have information about that ?
This road misses only one bypass in Monasterio de Rodilla.
They opened the bypass of Sta Maria Rivarredonda a few months ago.
It was certainly done to avoid to the trucks to cross this village.
Today this road is not as dangerous as there was 17 years ago when I took it for the first time.
Several national roads will be banned for trucks. Check this link, it's in Spanish but it includes a map: http://politica.elpais.com/politica/...73_581392.html

Basically, the Spanish government will ban for trucks those national roads where a parallel tolled motorway is available, with a reduction of 50% in toll prices.
Old March 7th, 2015, 07:44 PM   #4937
verreme

Quote:
Are you absolutely sure of that ?
Because the parallel N I is now in excellent condition between Miranda and Burgos except a few kilometers which are under repair.
And I doubt the spanish government makes this highway a free one.
A political agreement between all parties has been reached, so the road will likely be toll-free when concession is. It's not the first case in Spain. AP-7 between Granollers and El Papiol, which is toll free since 1999, is another example.
Old March 8th, 2015, 01:12 PM   #4938
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
A-11 Variante de Aranda de Duero (13.7 km) will open 'late March'.

http://www.fomento.gob.es/MFOM/LANG_.../150306-01.htm
Damn, why haven't I checked the press release prior to my update .

Quote:
Durante su intervención, la ministra ha destacado la relevancia que tiene para Castilla y León la Autovía A-11, un importante eje vertebrador de toda la cuenca del Duero. Así, ha señalado que la continuación de esta infraestructura está en marcha y que actualmente se trabaja en la redacción de los proyectos.
The minister announced that A11 construction will be continued soon?!?

According to wikipedia, the works on more A11 sections should have been started in the past but are suspended (La Mallona - Aranda de Duero; ~75km). Is that correct? When have the works been started? Is the minister talking about these sections to be resumed or about other sections to be started?

Quote:
Además, la titular de Fomento ha indicado que en septiembre de este año se pondrá en servicio el tramo Quintadueñas-Villatoro-Villimar de la circunvalación de Burgos (BU-30); y que entre los meses de junio y julio se finalizará el tramo de autovía entre Benavente y Zamora de la A-66, con lo que se completará la autovía de la Ruta de la Plata
If I got it right:

BU30: Villalbilla de Burgos – Villimar ~10km (? to ? --> September 2015) – ? – map

What's about the other sections?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Quote:
Fomento has restarted the works on BU-30, the northern ring road of Burgos. The works were 34% done, so they need another 2 years or so (Fomento press releases don't specify planned completion dates anymore).

http://www.fomento.gob.es/MFOM/LANG_.../140506-02.htm
Quote:
It is a stretch of highway realignment of 9.1 km that runs through the municipalities Burgos, San Mames, Villalbilla and Alfoz of Quintadueñas. It runs westward - This between autonomic A-231 and Quintanadueñas, where it joins the section of the BU-30 Quintadueñas - Villatoro, also under construction.
If I got it right, the 9.1km BU-30 section begins at the A-231 and ends at the BU-622 near Quintadueñas (OSM). The next section b/n BU-622 and A-73 is also u/c (~3km; OSM), isn't it? What's about the next section b/n A73 and Villimar (~3km; OSM), is the 2nd carriageway u/c?

Is it planned to opened it entirely or each section? Does anyone have information when the works have been started (for the first time) or when the sections are planned to be opened?

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2015, 01:32 PM   #4939
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A-11 around Aranda de Duero ends rather abruptly at a temporary exit at a local road near Castrillo de la Vega. It doesn't extend directly to N-122 (yet). The eastern end near Fresnillo de las Dueñas is also a temporary entrance.

Especially the western end is problematic, according to Google Street View it's not more than a single lane country road.
Old March 8th, 2015, 05:20 PM   #4940
Highway89

Quote:
Damn, why haven't I checked the press release prior to my update .

The minister announced that A11 construction will be continued soon?!?
She sort of says that the government hasn't forgotten about the A-11, but she doesn't specify anything about the construction being continued.

However ,the 2015 ministry's budget foresees the following investments for the A-11:

La Mallona - Venta Nueva (6 km): 2.63 M€
Venta Nueva - Santiuste (17 km): 5.53 M€
Enlace Santiuste - Burgo de Osma (9.47 km): 3.52 M€
Burgo de Osma - San Esteban de Gormaz (11.1 km): 3.46 M€
San Esteban de Gormaz - Langa de Duero (11.4 km): 2.65 M€

I'm not really sure if that's enough to start the construction again.

Quote:
According to wikipedia, the works on more A11 sections should have been started in the past but are suspended (La Mallona - Aranda de Duero; ~75km). Is that correct? When have the works been started? Is the minister talking about these sections to be resumed or about other sections to be started?
It is right. According to the ministry's budget, the first year that these sections received investments was 2006, so the works probably started in 2006 or 2007.

Quote:
If I got it right:

BU30: Villalbilla de Burgos – Villimar ~10km (? to ? --> September 2015) – ? – map

What's about the other sections?
She mentions the section between Quintanadueñas (BU-622) and Villímar (BU-V-5029). Nothing is mentioned about the remaining segment between Villalbilla (A-231) and Quintanadueñas (BU-622).

Quote:
A-11 around Aranda de Duero ends rather abruptly at a temporary exit at a local road near Castrillo de la Vega. It doesn't extend directly to N-122 (yet). The eastern end near Fresnillo de las Dueñas is also a temporary entrance.

Especially the western end is problematic, according to Google Street View it's not more than a single lane country road.
It seems that the single lane country road has been widened. Check out this aerial picture from August 2014:

The eastern end:

MichiH, verreme, solchante, jacamp liked this post

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida