daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 21st, 2015, 05:39 PM   #5021
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2205

Spains key needs once the A7 A8 and A66 are finished are generally urban.

There is quite a lot of focus on Spain in this short EU report prepared 3 or 4 years ago. From 10 pages in or so.

https://ec.europa.eu/jrc/sites/defau...port_final.pdf

The maps and the tables say it all really .

Many Northern Europeans are fully entitled to cry reading it.

Reivajar liked this post
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 21st, 2015, 07:08 PM   #5022
Highway89

Likes (Received): 1185

I've compared the 2013 AADT values for the border crossings between Spain and Portugal.

Bragança-Zamora IP4/N-122 (possible A4/A-11): 1,329
Guarda-Salamanca A25/N-620 (future A-62): 5,617 (truck share: 41%)
Castelo Branco-Plasencia R346/EX-205 + N240/EX-108 (possible EX-A1): 377+462
Portalegre-Cáceres N246/N-521 (possible A-58): 1,355
Beja-Sevilla N260/N-433: 1,310

In total, all border crossings between Spain and Portugal are used by 75,163 vehicles/day (37,137 in Galicia, 10,547 in Castilla y León, 16,019 in Extremadura and 11,460 in Andalusia).

In comparison, all border crossings between Spain and France are used by 133,004 vehicles/day (55,892 in the Basque Country, 20,044 in Navarra, 3,118 in Aragón and 53,950 in Catalonia).

Also, AADT for the N-145 to Andorra: 14,725 vehicles/day, N-351 to Gibraltar: 24,681. No data for Morocco.

MichiH, sponge_bob liked this post
Highway89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2015, 09:59 PM   #5023
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

The Padrón bypass in Galicia opened to traffic.

http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/noticia...5086628550.htm

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Highway89, Peines, pai nosso, xrtn2, Luki_SL liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2015, 10:05 PM   #5024
ChrisZwolle
Road user

The last segment of A-12 near Logroño will open to traffic on 26 March. Mr. Rajoy will inaugurate the new motorway.

http://www.diariodenavarra.es/notici...618_1006.html#

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

alsama liked this post
Old March 22nd, 2015, 03:52 PM   #5025
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

A62

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpc08 View Post
One of the most important road links between Spain and Portugal, in Fuentes de Oñoro and Vilar Formoso, will finally be replaced by a motorway since the works in the final 5 km of A-62 on the Spanish side of the border are scheduled to start in December. The works should be completed in March 2018. Here in Portugal the motorway ends 1 km away from the border and some work has to be done too, but I still haven't heard anything about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpc08 View Post
there will be an interchange on the Spanish side right near the border (here), connecting directly to the TIR terminal so the new section on Spanish soil can be used anyway even if we take a little more to build our part.
The contract was finally formalized today, see press release. The section has a length of 5.02km and costs 19.68 million €. There are two interchanges, two ecoducts, one underpass and one bridge over a little river.

When should the works begin, immediately (January) or later?
I found a news article of 2nd January. It says, the A62 contract will be signed in Mid January 2015. The construction deadline will be April 2018.

Does anyone have any info wheather the works have been started in January (or February or March)?

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2015, 04:06 PM   #5026
MichiH

RM-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
The next phase of RM-1 will start in March. This project has been delayed for years, the autovía infamously ends in a field near Zeneta.

http://www.carm.es/web/pagina?IDCONTENIDO=78618&IDTIPO=10&RASTRO=c$m122,70
http://www.laopiniondemurcia.es/murc...an/626381.html
The groundbreaking ceremony took place on 12th March 2015. Source. Construction time: 5 years. Section length: 7km (Zeneta - Avenida de Beniaján; map). The section contains a 140m viaduct.

Edit: The section seems almost to be completed on Google Satellite. I guess I've mistaken the info a little bit. Did the works began in 2010? When is the estimated completion date?

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
Old March 22nd, 2015, 04:28 PM   #5027
ChrisZwolle
Road user

That is a high-speed rail alignment.

MichiH liked this post
Old March 22nd, 2015, 11:10 PM   #5028
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

We're having a lot of opening ceremonies this year. There are local, regional and general elections so it's time for the existing governments to show off. Not that they have done that much, what's opening now is basically most of what began in the 2004-2008 period and stalled in 2008-2010; after years of hibernation, things are starting to move again.

Another road opening today was EL-20, Elche's Southern ringroad. Only 1 kilometer of this scheme is a motorway, and it had been U/C for 7 years. These are the only pictures I could find:

A 2,4-kilometer long final stretch is in the public information stage, and is set to be tendered "soon" (source). The Minister also visited the works for the 3rd lane along 24 kilometers of A-3, which is expected to be finished in June.

Suburbanist, Peines liked this post
verreme no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2015, 02:45 PM   #5029
Highway89

Quote:
Originally Posted by verreme View Post
We're having a lot of opening ceremonies this year. There are local, regional and general elections so it's time for the existing governments to show off. Not that they have done that much, what's opening now is basically most of what began in the 2004-2008 period and stalled in 2008-2010; after years of hibernation, things are starting to move again.
Probably too many opening ceremonies in fact. They are hurrying too much, which may lead to a bad quality pavement, etc.

For instance, the last segment of the A-12 (the bridge over the Ebro) was suppossed to be opened in April, but according to the latest news they want to open it this Thursday.

Last time I drove there I could see there was still work to be done, mostly regarding asphalt, signs and crash barriers. From then, we've had rain every day most of the day. Tonight it's even been snowing. And from today to the 26th, forecasts say it's going to be raining again every day, with some snow again this Wednesday. Let's see how much time the asphalt lasts in a good condition.
Old March 23rd, 2015, 03:14 PM   #5030
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Not the whole A12 indeed. Just eastern side is to be finished.

Western side (Burgos - santo Domingo) will remain under project for a while.

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2015, 04:05 PM   #5031
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1936

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway89 View Post
I've compared the 2013 AADT values for the border crossings between Spain and Portugal.

Bragança-Zamora IP4/N-122 (possible A4/A-11): 1,329
Guarda-Salamanca A25/N-620 (future A-62): 5,617 (truck share: 41%)
Castelo Branco-Plasencia R346/EX-205 + N240/EX-108 (possible EX-A1): 377+462
Portalegre-Cáceres N246/N-521 (possible A-58): 1,355
Beja-Sevilla N260/N-433: 1,310

In total, all border crossings between Spain and Portugal are used by 75,163 vehicles/day (37,137 in Galicia, 10,547 in Castilla y León, 16,019 in Extremadura and 11,460 in Andalusia).

In comparison, all border crossings between Spain and France are used by 133,004 vehicles/day (55,892 in the Basque Country, 20,044 in Navarra, 3,118 in Aragón and 53,950 in Catalonia).

Also, AADT for the N-145 to Andorra: 14,725 vehicles/day, N-351 to Gibraltar: 24,681. No data for Morocco.
According to this data no new motorway crossings into Portugal (aside from E80 for the sake of completeness) are needed, but my proposed Andorra motorway is.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2015, 04:37 PM   #5032
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

I do not agree. It would be a motorway that wouldn't link with another one in La Seu.
In addition it is known that Andorran border has quite rush days and other ones "peaceful". Therefore, you are investing for a little stretch (that it is almost impossible to continue inside Andorra and will take a long to continue inside Spain).

Old March 23rd, 2015, 06:53 PM   #5033
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post
Not the whole A12 indeed. Just eastern side is to be finished.
Western side (Burgos - santo Domingo) will remain under project for a while.
What's u/c there? OSM. I think it has motorway standard, hasn't it?

Old March 23rd, 2015, 07:53 PM   #5034
Highway89

Quote:
Nothing is u/c there. The only segment of the A-12 that is currently u/c is this one: Spain A12: El Espino (LO20) – Los Corrales 2.6km (? to April 2015) – projectmap

The rest of the A-12 between Pamplona and Santo Domingo de la Calzada is finished with motorway standards (2x2).
Old March 23rd, 2015, 07:58 PM   #5035
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21244

It would be interesting to have a Logroño-Soria-Cuenca freeway, including A15 sectors already built between Soría and A2.

I asked a year ago about progress on A15 near A2 btw, I was told completion of the sector was "slow". Is that still the case?
Old March 23rd, 2015, 09:08 PM   #5036
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1936

The first couple kilometers from A-2 won't open until late this year, but the rest of the missing link to Radona should be opening soon. The minister is visiting the works tomorrow just to get a photo. And I'll be driving A-15 between Almazan and Syria Soria next month as part of a trip to the forests in Northwestern Soria province. I'll be getting several sections on A/NA-125, NA-134, N-121C, SO-20, A-15 and CL/A-116. Before that, I'm getting the last missing section of A-220 I have next Sunday. After those, and the fact yesterday I changed my plans at last minute to get A-120 in, I'm already running out of roads to clinch in Zaragoza! (By the way, A-120 is incorrectly marked in Google Maps, as it is in yellow instead of orange, and that 'unnumbered' road linking A-2 at exit 310 with Z-40 at exit 27 is also part of A-120)
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

Suburbanist liked this post
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2015, 11:05 PM   #5037
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

I made a video of road C-37 along 4.5-kilometer long Túnel de Bracons. This was a controversial project, as the Greens tried to boycott it when they entered Catalan regional government. Luckily, it got built with just minor changes. There are plans to extend this road to Olot, and connect it with A-26. If A-26 between Besalú and Figueres is built some day (it was ready to be tendered when budget cuts kicked in), that would create a new expressway-grade corridor for long-distance traffic between France and Zaragoza or Madrid .

Quote:
I do not agree. It would be a motorway that wouldn't link with another one in La Seu.
In addition it is known that Andorran border has quite rush days and other ones "peaceful". Therefore, you are investing for a little stretch (that it is almost impossible to continue inside Andorra and will take a long to continue inside Spain).
AFAIK, La Seu d'Urgell bypass will be a motorway.

Anyway, a motorway to Andorra would be a bit pointless since CG-1 in Andorra will still be a bottleneck for many years to come, and traffic would just get stuck there. The only plans to upgrade this road are to extend Sant Julià de Lòria bypass, but this will not improve cross-border traffic because its way further North.

arctic_carlos liked this post
verreme no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2015, 10:17 AM   #5038
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Yeah, but beyond Santo Domingo all is halted. This year we had some projects in the nearbies of Burgos but nothing else

As an example

https://maps.google.es/maps?output=classic&dg=brw

MichiH liked this post
Old March 24th, 2015, 10:20 AM   #5039
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
It would be interesting to have a Logroño-Soria-Cuenca freeway, including A15 sectors already built between Soría and A2.

I asked a year ago about progress on A15 near A2 btw, I was told completion of the sector was "slow". Is that still the case?
Soria-A-2 motorway is to be almost finished these days. They will barely remain only two km. in the junction with A-2, expected to be opened next months.

We do not know nothing about A-15 Soria-Tudela (except Agreda bypass, on service since 2007)

Old March 24th, 2015, 01:25 PM   #5040
MichiH

Quote:
Yeah, but beyond Santo Domingo all is halted. This year we had some projects in the nearbies of Burgos but nothing else

As an example

https://maps.google.es/maps?output=classic&dg=brw
Hmm, your link does not work but I found halted construction west of Santo Domingo too: > click < . It was not yet on my damn list but I'll add it:

A12: Villamayor – north of Santo Domingo 16km (? to suspended) – ? – map

Do you know when the works began?

I think wikipedia is outdated (stating "tender procedure"):

Quote:
Santo Domingo de la Calzada/Grañón – Villamayor del Río: En redacción de proyecto (proyecto adjudicado, el 07/12/2010) 16km
Villamayor del Río – Villafranca Montes de Oca: Proyecto terminado (pendiente licitación de obras) 16.6km
Villafranca Montes de Oca – Ibeas de Juarros: En redacción de proyecto (proyecto adjudicado, el 01/10/2011) 23.5km
Ibeas de Juarros – Burgos (BU-30): En redacción de proyecto (proyecto adjudicado, el 07/12/2010) 7km
What's about the other sections, have works began there too? Unfortunately, Google Maps and Bing Maps display older aerials there .

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida