daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 21st, 2015, 02:39 PM   #5361
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

C-32 South of Barcelona is much uglier than A-7 in Eastern Málaga province. That coast is more developed and also flatter. Only the stretch through Garraf massif is scenic, but most of it is in tunnels and the mountains there are dirty and grey due to the cement factory in Vallcarca. Not to mention that Aucat charges an obscene 6€ to drive that 10 kilometers of road, and that mossos d'esquadra and their speed cameras are always there to remind everyone not to drive over 90 km/h.

Sponsored Links
Old June 21st, 2015, 03:59 PM   #5362
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1932

I'm now planning to drive yet another empty motorway: A-14. All of it. Or at least all what currently stands, the motorway to nowhere North of Lleida. I enjoyed driving A-15 in Soria province, through forests with almost no traffic. OTOH A-14 seems boring, but I'll find out when I get there.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2015, 07:31 PM   #5363
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Until the link with A-2 will be finished... it is a really emtpy (and ghost) motorway. Just a stretch in the middle of nowhere and you save no time using it.

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2015, 07:36 PM   #5364
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21239

Quote:
Originally Posted by verreme View Post
C-32 South of Barcelona is much uglier than A-7 in Eastern Málaga province. That coast is more developed and also flatter. Only the stretch through Garraf massif is scenic, but most of it is in tunnels and the mountains there are dirty and grey due to the cement factory in Vallcarca. Not to mention that Aucat charges an obscene 6€ to drive that 10 kilometers of road, and that mossos d'esquadra and their speed cameras are always there to remind everyone not to drive over 90 km/h.
I quite liked C-32 and especially B-10

Bitxofo liked this post
Suburbanist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2015, 12:58 PM   #5365
alsama

Likes (Received): 610

Video of A-10 between Irurtzun and Alsasua

alsama no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2015, 01:43 AM   #5366
RV

Likes (Received): 275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
It was absolutely stupid. I remember the old N-340 from Fuengirola to Torremolinos well, and I was shocked to see how badly it was downgraded when I drove there in February. Lowering the limit to 50 made sense, but destroying large sections with speed bumps and parking? Absolute nonsense. But my memory fails me - was the section through Benalmadena ever signed as an autovia? I'm sure Fuengirola-Marbella on the N-340 was an autovia, but I don't remember if it extended beyond the end of the Fuengirola bypass.

The A-7 from Fuengirola to Marbella, I really don't know what they can do there. Cutting the limit to less than 80km/h would just cause even more problems, yet the toll is so high on the AP-7 that no-one in their right mind would use it except on very busy summer days. Making it toll-free during winter could be one option, but it still doesn't solve the problems during summer.

The AP-7 between Malaga and Marbella should never have been tolled in the first place - but were there plans to also toll Fuengirola-Malaga? I'm sure I remember reading many years ago about the futre Malaga-Marbella toll motorway, and even the concessionaire mentions the toll as being for "Malaga-Marbella" rather than Fuengirola-Marbella.

Now I was in Spain and I was even more shocked - at three parts, old A-7 in Fuengirola has been downgraded to have only one lane towards Malaga! Why the F are they doing this in a city governed by PP?!! I don't accept the "argument" of "there is no need to a motorway there". Destroying a motorway is an useless thing to do that also tends to cost plenty of bucks, and there are certainly more urgent things to put money into on the A-7 than destroying it partly!
RV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2015, 07:57 PM   #5367
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

The toll bill from my trip through Spain is in. I spent € 100 in tolls on a 4,000 kilometer route through Spain. Half of all tolls paid went to AP-7 from the French border to Valencia, with a € 50.90 toll bill. I also paid € 13.05 at AP-66 north of León. The other toll roads charged less than € 7.50 each (mainly AP-7 along the Costa del Sol, AP-4 to Sevilla and AP-8 in Basque Country).
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2015, 08:34 PM   #5368
Sunfuns

Likes (Received): 361

Some road photos from my very recent trip to Andalusia.

A-7282 towards Antequera

A-92 Granada-Seville

Not sure, but I think also Antequera area

A-395 Granada-Sierra Nevada

Highway89, solchante, pai nosso liked this post
Sunfuns no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2015, 08:44 PM   #5369
Sunfuns

A-4132 to Trevelez

A-397 to Ronda

A-395 Granada-Sierra Nevada already very high in the mountains

Same road...

Suburbanist, solchante, pai nosso liked this post
Old June 26th, 2015, 08:56 PM   #5370
Highway89

Likes (Received): 1180

Great pictures! Did you go up to the highest part of the A-395?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
The toll bill from my trip through Spain is in. I spent € 100 in tolls on a 4,000 kilometer route through Spain. Half of all tolls paid went to AP-7 from the French border to Valencia, with a € 50.90 toll bill. I also paid € 13.05 at AP-66 north of León. The other toll roads charged less than € 7.50 each (mainly AP-7 along the Costa del Sol, AP-4 to Sevilla and AP-8 in Basque Country).
Tolls in some of the Spanish motorways are a rip-off.

I can understand that newer or recently-widened toll roads are more expensive, but in the rest (Tarragona-Valencia or Sevilla-Cádiz), the initial investment has already been recovered.
Highway89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2015, 12:27 AM   #5371
ajch

Likes (Received): 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfuns View Post
Some road photos from my very recent trip to Andalusia.

A-92 Granada-Seville

Not sure, but I think also Antequera area
The first photo is my village, that factory in the right is a winemaker. The village is in the left (out of the photo).

Just in front there is a double bridge over the railroad Cordoba-Malaga (old convetional single track line). This carriage bridge is the new one build in 1990?, the other carriage bridge was the one of the old road. The "road" in the left going to the winemaker, is the very old national road with an at grade rail crossing that was in service until the seventies when the first bridge over the railroad was build.

The second photo is the road between Antequera and Archidona, the A-7282. Before the building of the A-92 it was part of the national road between Sevilla and Granada.

That mountain in the right is called "peña de los enamorados" (rock of the "in love"). In the other side of the rock (norh) there is the A-92, and the new HSL (in works).

Sunfuns liked this post
ajch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2015, 09:52 AM   #5372
Sunfuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway89 View Post
Great pictures! Did you go up to the highest part of the A-395?
Yes, as high as is allowed by a car (ca 2,700 m) and then we walked up on to about 3,100 m. Still some snow there. Unfortunately we had to be back in Seville that evening so no time to climb all the way to the summit.
Old June 27th, 2015, 10:00 AM   #5373
Sunfuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajch View Post
The first photo is my village, that factory in the right is a winemaker. The village is in the left (out of the photo).

Just in front there is a double bridge over the railroad Cordoba-Malaga (old convetional single track line). This carriage bridge is the new one build in 1990?, the other carriage bridge was the one of the old road. The "road" in the left going to the winemaker, is the very old national road with an at grade rail crossing that was in service until the seventies when the first bridge over the railroad was build.

The second photo is the road between Antequera and Archidona, the A-7282. Before the building of the A-92 it was part of the national road between Sevilla and Granada.

That mountain in the right is called "peña de los enamorados" (rock of the "in love"). In the other side of the rock (norh) there is the A-92, and the new HSL (in works).
Thanks for the details. The old road is very pretty in some parts and now also almost devoid of cars.
Old June 27th, 2015, 04:37 PM   #5374
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A-7 Valencia

Some photos of my trip through Spain. This is A-7 around Valencia. It has six lanes throughout, and carries a high volume of trucks, especially compared to AP-7. When A-7 / CV-10 traffic joins the main motorway near Sagunt there's almost a wall of trucks coming onto the right lane.

The toll plaza was moved about 10 kilometers north about 15 years ago. This allows a toll-free bypass of Sagunto.

A7-1 by European Roads, on Flickr

A-23 interchange

A7-3 by European Roads, on Flickr

A left exit follows where V-21 splits off. Notice the exit symbol.

A7-5 by European Roads, on Flickr

A7-7 by European Roads, on Flickr

A7-10 by European Roads, on Flickr

CV-32 is a dual carriageway, but doesn't have a free-flow interchange with A-7.

A7-14 by European Roads, on Flickr

A7-16 by European Roads, on Flickr

CV-35 is a major regional autovía connecting Llíria with Valencia.

A7-19 by European Roads, on Flickr

The V-30 interchange. There are six freeways to and from Valencia from A-7.

A7-21 by European Roads, on Flickr

A7-24 by European Roads, on Flickr

A7-27 by European Roads, on Flickr

The A-3 interchange.

A7-29 by European Roads, on Flickr

The A-3 interchange was modified recently, there are now six through lanes, there used to be four through lanes.

A7-32 by European Roads, on Flickr

Murcia is posted on the distance signs. The main control city is Alicante.

A7-33 by European Roads, on Flickr

CV-36 is a short freeway to the large suburb of Torrent.

A7-35 by European Roads, on Flickr

A7-40 by European Roads, on Flickr

A7-44 by European Roads, on Flickr

This is the major split at the southern side of Valencia. Traffic can choose to use AP-7 along the coast, or the inland route via A-7/A-35.

A7-46 by European Roads, on Flickr

A7-48 by European Roads, on Flickr

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Suburbanist, pai nosso, solchante liked this post
Old June 27th, 2015, 05:06 PM   #5375
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1932

Notice the exit numbers, they have changed them recently. I remember they were around 500, as A-7 used to have AP-7's kmposts around Valencia.

Even though you missed my hometown by quite a distance, you at least got to see a sign with A-23 in it, Chris . Huesca is 360 km North of that point.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2015, 05:51 PM   #5376
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV View Post
Now I was in Spain and I was even more shocked - at three parts, old A-7 in Fuengirola has been downgraded to have only one lane towards Malaga! Why the F are they doing this in a city governed by PP?!! I don't accept the "argument" of "there is no need to a motorway there". Destroying a motorway is an useless thing to do that also tends to cost plenty of bucks, and there are certainly more urgent things to put money into on the A-7 than destroying it partly!
Do you mean at Torreblanca onwards towards Torremolinos? If so, yes, I know - it's an idiotic move. The whole road has been decimated, even though there's no real reason for it. Thankfully, they've left the old N-340 alone between Torremolinos and the airport - but I have a feeling that it might be next for some stupid decisions.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2015, 11:48 PM   #5377
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

A334: Albox – Arboleas 8.7km (2007 to Late June 2015) – projectmap

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_carlos View Post
Delayed until the end of June:

http://www.almeria24h.com/m/noticia.php?noticia=32554

They have just started now to extend the last layer of asphalt. There's a picture on the link.
http://www.lavozdealmeria.es/Noticia...este-mismo-mes (24th June 2015)

People doubt but the officials say that it will be opened next week.

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2015, 02:58 PM   #5378
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Two questions;

* Is AP-2 in Barcelona really renumbered to B-23 as Spanish Wikipedia states? I passed there 3 weeks ago and it was still signed as AP-2 from AP-7.

* What is the current status of the AP-8 'Supersur', phase II to Amorebieta? Spanish Wikipedia indicates an opening in 2015, but I doubt whether it is actually under construction at all.
Old June 28th, 2015, 04:08 PM   #5379
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Ap2 do not know about it... Any forumer from there could state if it is.

As you could see, that motorway hasn't km 0. It is supossed in the junction with the N330 but first one is km 22

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2015, 05:00 PM   #5380
Highway89

Likes (Received): 1180

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Two questions;

* Is AP-2 in Barcelona really renumbered to B-23 as Spanish Wikipedia states? I passed there 3 weeks ago and it was still signed as AP-2 from AP-7.

* What is the current status of the AP-8 'Supersur', phase II to Amorebieta? Spanish Wikipedia indicates an opening in 2015, but I doubt whether it is actually under construction at all.
According to this piece of news, the works have not started yet: http://www.deia.com/2015/03/03/bizka...rme-desde-2009

The government of Bizkaia (responsible for its construction) puts the blame for the delay on Fomento. They say that Bizkaia needs an authorisation for the works to start, since it affects AP-68, which is managed by Abertis, a concessionnaire of Fomento. Apparently, they are still waiting for this authorisation.

Nevertheless, the stretch of the Supersur which is currently open seems to have been a failure. AADT in 2013 was ~12 000, half than expected, and the income received from tolls (€6M/year) isn't enough to even pay for maintenance costs. Source: http://www.eldiario.es/norte/euskadi...146985624.html
Highway89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida