daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 6th, 2015, 04:36 PM   #5801
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsmg View Post
Had a good chuckle seeing the abandoned toll plaza in the section between the AP-68 and AP-1. It was so weird that you had to pay a toll and then immediately get a ticket for the next motorway.
Yes. It is.

If you make any movement within AP1 and AP68 only one ticket and payment required. They will calculate how much to each company.

If you come from Burgos and go to Bilbao or Zaragoza it is cool.

If you come from Vitoria, cool too but also weird

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 6th, 2015, 07:24 PM   #5802
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

Quote:
Originally Posted by How Nice View Post
Great info thank you......hadn't seen this list before

It's disappointing that the new route isn't going to Santomera as originally planned.
AFAIK RM-1 will be extended to A-7 in Santomera via the so-called "Autovía del Bancal", which will be built by Fomento. Here's a news article that says the planning process of this ultimate stretch is going forward, and that the works of the motorway between Zeneta and Murcia have just been reactivated.
Old November 6th, 2015, 10:01 PM   #5803
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21240

These bulls are a fad, will they get torn down eventually?
Old November 6th, 2015, 10:17 PM   #5804
verreme

Autovía Iznalloz-Darro

A somewhat forgotten motorway project is the autovía between Iznalloz and Darro in Granada province. It would follow this route:

This would provide a full motorway-standard connection between Madrid and Almería, a city with a very busy port serving Morocco and Algeria. Currently, traffic travelling to Almería from the center of Spain may either go through Granada and make a 30+ kilometer detour (which includes the congested A-44 through Granada and the climb to Puerto de la Mora, which is prone to snow in winter, east of the city) or choose a regular two-lane road that follows a more direct route, the one the motorway would follow. This road is, however, unsuitable for high speeds.

The so called "Autovía Iznalloz-Darro" was tendered in 2011 and a ceremony to lay the first stone was held the year after, but works were suspended inmediately after. The Andalusian regional Government, which is the entity that is responsible for this motorway, argued that the financing procedure (shadow tolls) was to become a burden too big for the economically-constraint region. It was indeed the first motorway to be financed by shadow tolls in Andalusia.

As of today, the project is still frozen, but there's some hope for it to be reactivated. Andalusian Regional Government is restarting motorway projects that had been left on hold in 2011, such as the remaining stretches of Autovía del Almanzora (A-344) or Autovía del Olivar (A-316), so there's still a chance for A-308 to be given the green light (again).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
I don't think so -they're a pop culture icon in Spain.
Old November 8th, 2015, 03:41 PM   #5805
adevahi

Likes (Received): 1067

Quote:
Errrr... no, these bulls started to be collocated as advertisment in the 1950s. When in the 1990s was told to torn down them there was a movemente pro-bulls, so they finally were not torn down and, also, they were declarated "Spanish Heritage".

Today there are not a lot of "new bulls", the most of them were collocated 20 years ago or before and they will never be torn down unless vandalism do this.
adevahi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2015, 03:54 PM   #5806
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21240

I just find odd that a commercial logo is allowed to stay out there, while all other logos are banned (for a reason, to avoid blight).
Old November 8th, 2015, 09:36 PM   #5807
verreme

Quote:
I just find odd that a commercial logo is allowed to stay out there, while all other logos are banned (for a reason, to avoid blight).
As it has been said, they're part of our cultural heritage. Getting rid of them would be like demolishing a historical building of cultural significance.

arctic_carlos liked this post
verreme no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2015, 03:30 PM   #5808
adevahi

Likes (Received): 1067

Quote:
There's have been a lot of polemic... the bulls of the brand "Osborne" are heritage, so the brand "Tío Pepe" (both sell wines) wanted the same treat with their publicity but they didn't get it... so these ones are demolished:

adevahi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2015, 04:31 PM   #5809
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1932

However the Tío Pepe ad near the kmpost 0 of A-2 () is heritage, thanks to it appearing every New Year's eve near midnight on national TV, and thus becoming associated with New Year.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2015, 04:49 PM   #5810
CNGL
Leudimin

In other news, the 'World's cheapest motorway' will begin construction soon. It has already been tendered for a month now. So in MichiH's style, it will be as follows:

A-68: Figueruelas-Gallur (N-122/A-127) 18.6 km (Late 2015/early 2016 to Early 2019) - ? - map
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

MichiH liked this post
Old November 10th, 2015, 07:18 PM   #5811
verreme

You could use the press release from the tender as project page.

Generally speaking, the lack of transparency of the Spanish authorities when it comes to roads is disturbing compared to other EU countries. In France or the UK, major road projects usually have a website with comprehensive, detailed information. In Spain, you often struggle to find just a press release -and it's not uncommon to see them removed from the website of Fomento because they don't keep the links up to date. Regional governments are even worse. Sometimes you have to rely on the local press for information that's not the (short, insufficient) press releases of tenders or openings.

In the last years, politicians talk a lot about honesty and transparency, but little effort is being made to bring to the people what Governments do. Infrastructure projects are even secretive. I wouldn't mind the cost of a road project to rise a bit if that meant that more information is going to be available to the public.
Old November 10th, 2015, 07:23 PM   #5812
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

The Dutch road authority never publishes the results of a tender on its public website. They don't publish when a tender started, they don't publish the offers, who bids and don't publish the contract value. We just have to trust that they're doing it right. Poland is much more transparent about it.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

verreme liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2015, 07:35 PM   #5813
verreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
The Dutch road authority never publishes the results of a tender on its public website. They don't publish when a tender started, they don't publish the offers, who bids and don't publish the contract value. We just have to trust that they're doing it right. Poland is much more transparent about it.
Interesting. I thought the Netherlands were ahead of everyone in terms of transparency. However, I still think that detailed information on road projects (such as plans, visualizations, detailed maps...) is very scarce in Spain.
Old November 10th, 2015, 09:14 PM   #5814
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

It's the same in Germany. There's often a project page but usually no 'official' info about tender procedures (no press release, no report on media, no info on project page) or names of companies awarded. The project pages usually had estimated completion/opening dates in the past but many project pages (e.g. Lower Saxony or Hesse) have removed all future dates.

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2015, 09:21 PM   #5815
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

From what I've seen, Poland is by far the most transparent country in Europe when it comes to awarding motorway contracts. Everything is published, the announcement of the tender, the number of companies bidding, the names and the exact amount offered, then the winner including the contract value and the exact deadline.

Most other countries don't even come close to publishing it to this level of detail.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2015, 09:25 PM   #5816
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
In other news, the 'World's cheapest motorway' will begin construction soon. It has already been tendered for a month now. So in MichiH's style, it will be as follows:

A-68: Figueruelas-Gallur (N-122/A-127) 18.6 km (Late 2015/early 2016 to Early 2019) - ? - map
What does "soon" mean? Do you think we'll get an info (groundbreaking ceremony with press release, media reports et cetera) or should I already add the project to the list?

btw: It's 13.95km according to the press release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_carlos View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
A68 (please refer to wikipedia) is also mentioned but Google Translate is not 100% accurate:

Quote:
Asimismo, en la segunda quincena del próximo mes de octubre está previsto licitar las obras del tramo Gallur-Mallén de la A-68 (duplicación de la N-232) y en noviembre se iniciarán las obras del tramo Figueruelas-Gallur, también de la A-68.

Also in the second half of next October it is expected to tender the construction of section Gallur-Mallen of the A-68 (doubling the N-232) and in November the works on the Figueruelas-Gallur will begin, also of the A-68.
I think tender procedure for Galluf-Mallen construction works will begin in October 2015 but will the tender procedure of Figueruelas-Gallur construction works begin in November 2015 or will the construction itself begin in November?
It says that works on Gallur - Mallén will be tendered next month, while construction of Figueruelas - Gallur will start in November (works were tendered last May).
I thought it should be:

A68: north of Mallen – south of Gallur 15.1km (2016? to ?) – ? – map
A68: south of Gallur – west of Figueruelas 14.1km (November 2015 to ?) – projectmap

Should I already add the 2nd one?

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2015, 12:34 AM   #5817
CNGL
Leudimin

No groundbreaking ceremony will be held, works will just start. There is always some time between they announce the winning bid and the actual start of the works (I remember the very first section of A-22, the winning bid was announced in December 2004 but works didn't start until March 2005), so it's better to wait to either a forumer or a regional newspaper to report some movement in the section. I can confirm there was nothing on this section in late October. BTW, since it will be a duplication of existing N-232 I directly measured the road from the end of A-68 up to A-127/N-122 interchange on Google Maps and it came up with 18.6 km.
Old November 12th, 2015, 02:25 PM   #5818
Highway89

Likes (Received): 1180

Quote:
Originally Posted by verreme View Post
You could use the press release from the tender as project page.

Generally speaking, the lack of transparency of the Spanish authorities when it comes to roads is disturbing compared to other EU countries. In France or the UK, major road projects usually have a website with comprehensive, detailed information. In Spain, you often struggle to find just a press release -and it's not uncommon to see them removed from the website of Fomento because they don't keep the links up to date. Regional governments are even worse. Sometimes you have to rely on the local press for information that's not the (short, insufficient) press releases of tenders or openings.

In the last years, politicians talk a lot about honesty and transparency, but little effort is being made to bring to the people what Governments do. Infrastructure projects are even secretive. I wouldn't mind the cost of a road project to rise a bit if that meant that more information is going to be available to the public.
What I usually do is check the "Perfil del Contratante" or "Licitaciones" webpages of the different administrations, e.g.:

http://www.fomento.gob.es/MFOM/LANG_...ncursos_obras/
http://www.seittsa.es/SEITT/LANG_CAS...ACIONES_OBRAS/

Most times you can even download the project document. However, I agree with you on the fact that it's difficult for the general public to get access to the information about the projects. Not to mention that it's almost impossible to know how the project is developing once the works have started. There's no info about which phases have been completed or what kind of problems the contractor has encountered, except for what is leaked to the local press.

Anyway, there have been other important news lately apart from the last openings:

It seems that the A-7 will be get a third lane per direction between Crevillent and Alhama de Murcia. It seems to have been divided into four stretches:

Crevillent - Orihuela/Benferri. AADT (2014): 45k-37k, length: 17 km, budget: 69.4 M€: http://fomento.es/MFOMBPrensa/Notici...a-90694f7c71f3

Orihuela/Benferri - Monteagudo. AADT: 43k, length: 16 km, budget: 87.1 M€: http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/2602...arilla-alhama/

A-7/A-30. AADT: 102k, length: 1.7km, budget: 2.5 M€: http://www.seittsa.es/SEITT/LANG_CAS...20151008-C.htm

Alcantarilla - Alhama de Murcia. AADT: 40k, length: 23.3 km, budget: 84.6 M€: http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/2602...arilla-alhama/

Also, the first junction between the A-30 and the A-7 will be modified: http://www.fomento.gob.es/MFOM/LANG_...33-MU-5970.htm

Another stretch of Autovía that will get a third lane is the A-62 between Venta de Baños (junction with the A-67) and Tordesillas (junction with the A-6 and A-11):

Venta de Baños - Dueñas. AADT: 27k (20% truck share), lenght: 11.5 km, estimated budget: 42.8 M€. It includes a new allignment around Dueñas: http://fomento.es/MFOMBPrensa/Notici...3-3e553c66c271

Simancas - Tordesillas. AADT: 34k, lenght: 10.5 km, estimated budget: 47.2 M€: http://fomento.es/MFOMBPrensa/Notici...7-c0faf651b7a3

arctic_carlos liked this post
Highway89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2015, 04:28 PM   #5819
ukraroad

Likes (Received): 104

Could you tell me any progress on TF1? Can't find it anywhere. The Canary islands are for some reasons omitted
ukraroad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2015, 05:37 PM   #5820
Highway89

Likes (Received): 1180

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukraroad View Post
Could you tell me any progress on TF1? Can't find it anywhere. The Canary islands are for some reasons omitted
All I've been able to find is this article from the 18th of August saying that the stretch between Adeje and Guía de Isora should be finished before the end of the year ("late November or early December"):

Quote:
El Gobierno de Canarias prevé que el tramo del anillo insular entre los municipios de Adeje y Guía de Isora esté concluido a finales de noviembre o principios de diciembre.
http://www.europapress.es/turismo/de...818191207.html

From there to Santiago del Teide, it's already opened as an expressway:

The works between Santiago del Teide and El Tanque (the remaining part of the ring) will start next year: http://www.europapress.es/islas-cana...731164310.html
Highway89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida