daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 12th, 2015, 09:05 PM   #5821
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway89 View Post
What I usually do is check the "Perfil del Contratante" or "Licitaciones" webpages of the different administrations, e.g.:

http://www.fomento.gob.es/MFOM/LANG_...ncursos_obras/
http://www.seittsa.es/SEITT/LANG_CAS...ACIONES_OBRAS/

Most times you can even download the project document. However, I agree with you on the fact that it's difficult for the general public to get access to the information about the projects. Not to mention that it's almost impossible to know how the project is developing once the works have started. There's no info about which phases have been completed or what kind of problems the contractor has encountered, except for what is leaked to the local press.

Anyway, there have been other important news lately apart from the last openings:

It seems that the A-7 will be get a third lane per direction between Crevillent and Alhama de Murcia. It seems to have been divided into four stretches:

Crevillent - Orihuela/Benferri. AADT (2014): 45k-37k, length: 17 km, budget: 69.4 M€: http://fomento.es/MFOMBPrensa/Notici...a-90694f7c71f3

Orihuela/Benferri - Monteagudo. AADT: 43k, length: 16 km, budget: 87.1 M€: http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/2602...arilla-alhama/

A-7/A-30. AADT: 102k, length: 1.7km, budget: 2.5 M€: http://www.seittsa.es/SEITT/LANG_CAS...20151008-C.htm

Alcantarilla - Alhama de Murcia. AADT: 40k, length: 23.3 km, budget: 84.6 M€: http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/2602...arilla-alhama/

Also, the first junction between the A-30 and the A-7 will be modified: http://www.fomento.gob.es/MFOM/LANG_...33-MU-5970.htm

Another stretch of Autovía that will get a third lane is the A-62 between Venta de Baños (junction with the A-67) and Tordesillas (junction with the A-6 and A-11):

Venta de Baños - Dueñas. AADT: 27k (20% truck share), lenght: 11.5 km, estimated budget: 42.8 M€. It includes a new allignment around Dueñas: http://fomento.es/MFOMBPrensa/Notici...3-3e553c66c271

Simancas - Tordesillas. AADT: 34k, lenght: 10.5 km, estimated budget: 47.2 M€: http://fomento.es/MFOMBPrensa/Notici...7-c0faf651b7a3
These (A-7 and A-62) are the most congested intercity motorways in Spain. They've been talked about in this thread several times. Glad something is finally being done. The third lane to Orihuela is being put to public information, which means works will be tendered soon. As for A-62, projects are in earlier stages. Hope the next government doesn't bring this plans to a halt.

Sponsored Links
Old November 12th, 2015, 10:16 PM   #5822
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

I found a press release about a N-435 bypass of Beas and Trigueros near Huelva (map) but I'm not sure if it's expressway standard?!?! If I got it right, works have been started or will be started soon?!

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2015, 11:46 PM   #5823
verreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
I found a press release about a N-435 bypass of Beas and Trigueros near Huelva (map) but I'm not sure if it's expressway standard?!?! If I got it right, works have been started or will be started soon?!
Actually works have not been started, but restarted. Works were first tendered in 2011, but I haven't found why didn't they finish. The press release says this is going to be a 2-lane, single-carriageway road with grade-separated interchanges. So I guess it doesn't fit in your list

MichiH liked this post
verreme no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2015, 02:29 PM   #5824
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_carlos View Post
Quote:
A8009: San Jose de la Rinconada-North – San Jose de la Rinconada-South 3km (? to Late 2015) – projectmap
I found two press articles from last July saying that this section will open in October 2015:

http://elcorreoweb.es/el-segundo-tra...tubre-LA615836

http://www.larinconada.es/noticias/6...ara-en-octubre
To be opened by the end of November 2015.

http://www.larinconada.es/noticias/7...a-la-rinconada

A8009: San Jose de la Rinconada-West – San Jose de la Rinconada-South 1.5km (? to Late November 2015) – projectmap

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)

solchante liked this post
Old November 14th, 2015, 03:24 PM   #5825
adevahi

Likes (Received): 1067

Quote:
To be opened by the end of November 2015.

http://www.larinconada.es/noticias/7...a-la-rinconada

A8009: San Jose de la Rinconada-West – San Jose de la Rinconada-South 1.5km (? to Late November 2015) – projectmap
According with the link is not only 1,5km, but 4,8, so this section arrive until the limit between La Rinconada and Alcalá del Río municipalities.
adevahi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2015, 03:30 PM   #5826
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

The A-8009 project is not yet complete, the central viaduct that links the northern and southern segment has yet to be constructed. The southern segment effectively extends the autovía just 1.5 km. There is also a 500 m northern segment that ends at a roundabout. A viaduct is planned between those segments. And then there is the two-lane link road from A-8009 to A-8004 north of San José de La Rinconada.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2015, 06:43 PM   #5827
adevahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
The A-8009 project is not yet complete, the central viaduct that links the northern and southern segment has yet to be constructed.
Are you sure? I live in Sevilla and I think the bridge is constructed. Anyway, I will try to go to La Rinconada for being sure about it.
Old November 15th, 2015, 06:59 PM   #5828
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_carlos View Post
http://elcorreoweb.es/el-segundo-tra...tubre-LA615836

Unfortunately construction of the viaduct linking the northern and southern sections has not started. Therefore the current autovía will be extended only 1.5 km to the roundabout you see in the image.

Old November 15th, 2015, 07:10 PM   #5829
Highway89

Likes (Received): 1180

Quote:
Originally Posted by adevahi View Post
Are you sure? I live in Sevilla and I think the bridge is constructed. Anyway, I will try to go to La Rinconada for being sure about it.
Apparently, it hasn't even started:
Quote:
A esa altura, se divisan dos grandes montículos de tierra, a un kilómetro de distancia entre ellos y que, involuntariamente, marcan el espacio donde iría, en una tercera fase –aún por adjudicar– el viaducto que sobrepasará los terrenos de Pago de Enmedio y conectarán con el resto de localidades beneficiadas por el vial metropolitano, caso de Alcalá del Río o Brenes. Una actuación que queda postergada a tiempos de una mayor disponibilidad económica.
http://elcorreoweb.es/provincia/el-s...tubre-LA615836
Highway89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2015, 04:13 PM   #5830
ChrisZwolle
Road user

The construction of R-1 as an autovía has been revived: http://www.fomento.gob.es/MFOMBPrens...3-f25e77b1e708

It will be a 24 kilometer motorway with a 120 km/h speed limit that runs from M-12 to A-1 at El Molar. The projected cost is € 220 million.
Old November 16th, 2015, 05:25 PM   #5831
MichiH

If I got it right, a FS will be started (or is already finished)!? The motorway should feature 2x2 lanes with a wide median so that a future 2x3 widening would be possible.

Old November 16th, 2015, 08:30 PM   #5832
verreme

Quote:
If I got it right, a FS will be started (or is already finished)!? The motorway should feature 2x2 lanes with a wide median so that a future 2x3 widening would be possible.
Yes, the press release says that a feasibility study has just been started. If the motorway was to be given the green light, then a Declaración de Impacto Ambiental would have to be issued, so that the design (proyecto) could be tendered. Then would come the tendering of the construction. All in all, minimum 5 years, and this if everything goes smooth as silk -which is never the case in Spain since funding is cut every now and then .

I personally think that a widening of A-1 should be enough, but it's Madrid after all -European Dubai.
Old November 16th, 2015, 11:50 PM   #5833
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
The construction of R-1 as an autovía has been revived: http://www.fomento.gob.es/MFOMBPrens...3-f25e77b1e708

It will be a 24 kilometer motorway with a 120 km/h speed limit that runs from M-12 to A-1 at El Molar. The projected cost is € 220 million.
Chris... A-1, not R-1

This is, untolled. It is a new way for A-1 that will replace current one which goes through a high density area.

I have glanced regional Madrid threads and found more info

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=1075

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2015, 03:25 PM   #5834
Ale92Milano_SpA
BANNED

Likes (Received): 224

Driving from Ayamonte (Spain) to Castro Marim (Portugal) 14.11.2015 Timelapse x4

solchante liked this post
Ale92Milano_SpA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2015, 08:22 PM   #5835
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1932

There is a section of road in Spain where you can legally go at 200 km/h...

Well, just apparently. I had already reported that A-2 is shorter than signposted, and last Sunday returning from Teruel (if it exists at all) I detoured just to drive again my favorite road, the road to Madrid. A quick look at the map showed that there is a point A-2 bypasses a rather curvy section of old N-II East of Calatayud. And so I measured that section and found that in the section from kmpost 244 to kmpost 255 there are only 7.2 km. I also found that kmposts in that part were only 600 meters apart (What I've called the 'Aluenda kilometer'). So at 120 km/h, you will be going 3 and 1/3 apparent kilometers in a minute, thus giving an apparent speed of 200 km/h, while you go 2 actual kilometers as usual.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2015, 10:18 PM   #5836
verreme

That's quite a long reflexion for such a trivial fact. I happened to read the whole post because I thought there was something interesting in all that text.

Anyway, in Spain many motorways are kilometered like the old national roads they follow -so when the motorway has a more straight alignment and thus follows a shorter route, kilometers are spaced further apart. A-2 is a good example of this. You're not supposed to calculate your speed based on the kilometer posts -the Spanish driving code says so.
Old November 18th, 2015, 10:57 PM   #5837
adevahi

When going on road by bike with the odometer activated, I have discovered thousands of fails like that. Any of them is as big as in A-2, but in all the motorways (not highways) around Sevilla, there's not a kilometer post colocated with less error than 40 meters, and some of them has an error of more than 100 meters.
Old November 18th, 2015, 11:03 PM   #5838
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quite easy... I always remember a mileage sign in Calatayud pointing Zaragoza on 89 km away

New motorways, direct way and so on but always 89 km

(today, city has enlarge so much since A-2 was opened that it is hard to know exact distance Calatayud-Zaragoza)

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2015, 07:45 PM   #5839
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A-44 Granada

Some photos of A-44 through Granada. I took them in June, when there was still snow on top of the Sierra Nevada.

A-44-1 by European Roads, on Flickr

A-44-3 by European Roads, on Flickr

A-44-4 by European Roads, on Flickr

A-44-6 by European Roads, on Flickr

A-44-10 by European Roads, on Flickr

A-44-11 by European Roads, on Flickr

A-44-14 by European Roads, on Flickr

A-44-16 by European Roads, on Flickr

A-44-18 by European Roads, on Flickr

A-44-20 by European Roads, on Flickr

A-44-21 by European Roads, on Flickr

A-44-23 by European Roads, on Flickr

A-44-25 by European Roads, on Flickr

A-44-26 by European Roads, on Flickr

A-44-28 by European Roads, on Flickr
Old November 21st, 2015, 12:25 AM   #5840
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Did you drive all the way to Motril, Chris?

I really loved that road back in February - traffic was very light, the mountains were imposing and Almunecar was beautiful in the late afternoon sun.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida