daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 30th, 2015, 01:23 PM   #5901
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

Just came back from Valencia. Somewhere between now and last year, they have lowered speed limits in all motorways close to town to 100 km/h -even if they run through open fields and are straight six-lane motorways, such as V-21. Now (most of) V-21, V-30 and V-31 are 100 km/h. Idiots.

In contrast, a big deal of A-7 around Alcoy has been raised to 120 km/h.

Sponsored Links
Old December 30th, 2015, 03:38 PM   #5902
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2081

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_carlos View Post
Is there any info about the remaing 2.5km (5th) section up to GC2 (map)? Is it also u/c or when is it planned to be built?

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2015, 10:31 PM   #5903
MichiH

Expressways on Fuerteventura

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
29 December 2015

A 7.4 kilometer segment of autovía opened to traffic last afternoon on the island of Fuerteventura. It is a bypass of the Costa Calma resort, and has three interchanges.

The source, a map and a photo can be found in this link: http://www.noticanarias.com/2015/12/...to-al-trafico/
Is there any info about the completion date of the neighboring FV-2 section from Costa Calma to Pecenescal (north of El Salmo) which is also u/c?

The news article just mentions this section but no detailed info:

Quote:
Las obras del tramo en ejecución entre Costa Calma y Pecenescal están incluidas en las actuaciones programadas en el Anexo II del Convenio de Carreteras Canarias-Estado. La puesta en servicio de este nuevo tramo provocará el desvío de la carretera FV-2 Puerto del Rosario-Morro Jable de su trazado actual a la nueva autovía construida, en su punto kilométrico 61, hasta el 68 en el que abandonará la misma en el enlace de Costa Calma–Oeste, para volver a su trazado actual.
FV2: Matas Blancas – Costa Calma 7.4km (? to 29th December 2015) – ? – map
FV2: Costa Calma – north of El Salmo 6.9km (? to ?) – ? – map

There's also a new FV-1 expressway (2x2) section u/c:

FV1: Corralejo – Caldereta 18km (? to Early 2017) – ? – map

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
Old December 31st, 2015, 01:01 AM   #5904
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

I was there last August. I entered in Fuerteventura by ferry (not usual... 99,9% of visitors do it by airport... but I got a direct flight from my city to Lanzarote, stayed for a while, took a ferry and asked to be called in the Corralejo harbour instead of in the airport... BTW, several months ago, SSC banner about Corralejo was mine taken then...)

I drove near Corralejo several times. I noticed that motorway had grown (northern side) but still not finished.

I asked more about project and found few news

In southern side they can only make a paralel motorway to FV-2 due to narrow place (or second platform).
In northern side it is compulsory to avoid dunes park. It is limited to 70 because safety (and never mind if motorway, it would remain on 70... and not good for environment)

And... to my best knowledge they want to built a north-south motorway approaching airport and capital (Puerto del Rosario), but FV-1 and FV-2 in these areas will still be used. They would just avoid by pass traffic.

This is... approaching too centre island. There are six municipalities which capitals are La Oliva, Puerto del Rosario (island capital), Betancuria (first Canary island capital and today quite small), Pajara, Tuineje and Antigua. Puerto del Rosario was built in 19th century, the rest ones are inner to avoid ship attacks. Population lives in the coast and all resorts are there... but old population (who really vote and have the power of decission) still live inner island.

From Tuineje-Antigua to the east, the ground is flat and would not be difficult to built a motorway. Western Tuineje it would be really expensive.

In addition, I think Fuerteventura president still lives in the small village of Tiscamanita village. Write this village... surely you will find a motorway exit there several years later!!!!!

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2015, 10:29 AM   #5905
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post
And... to my best knowledge they want to built a north-south motorway approaching airport and capital (Puerto del Rosario), but FV-1 and FV-2 in these areas will still be used. They would just avoid by pass traffic.
I guess it's planned to build a motorway "next to" the existing FV-1 and FV-2 which will be called FV-1 or FV-2 after completion. The existing roads will be used for local traffic.

I think it's quite strange that the first sections of FV-1 and FV-2 are in remote area. That means, the first 18km of FV-1 motorway is in the north but there's still a 7km gap up to Puerto del Rosario (FV-3, which is the existing 2-laned bypass of the capital connecting FV-1 and FV-2). Okay, I guess they want to bypass dunes park first.

The first FV-2 motorway section is in the southernmost region of the island. The section opened this week is north of it, in-between another 7km section u/c. From the northern end of the new FV-2 motorway near Matas Blancas to the capital / airport, it's still more than 50km with a rural 2-laned road only. Why have they not started to build the motorway from the airport southwards? I guess there's the highest AADT! Was/Is the old road in the south more dangerous due to difficult terrain?

Is it planned to close the 7km motorway gap from the southern end of the future 18km FV-1 section to FV-3? Is it planned to build a motorway from Matas Blancas to Puerto del Rosario (50km)? Is there any estimated time schedule?

arctic_carlos liked this post
Old December 31st, 2015, 11:24 AM   #5906
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1931

Surprise: We got a project map from Fomento. This is the Jaca bypass, a project which was recently approved. Note that A-23 will end and become A-21 at the interchange just North of Jaca, as the original plan for A-23 was to go to the French border and join an extended A65, which as we know it won't happen.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2016, 12:11 AM   #5907
verreme

According to the U/C motorways thread, Spain opened an amazing 300.3 kilometers of motorway in 2015. In comparison, 2014 left with a meagre 136.3 kilometers of new motorways. Pre-recession numbers . The fact that this year we had both local, regional and general elections has indeed very much to do with it.

As of January 2016, there are 489.7 kilometers of motorways U/C (including 114.3 km of roads in which construction is suspended indefinitely). I don't think we'll ever see another 2015. A new Government, whatever color it is (it's still unclear now), will enter this year, and it's very likely that they'll slow down many road projects to strategically get as much projects as possible opened or tendered by the end of the term. On the other hand, regional governments have many projects on the shelf -and if the economy is actually recovering and this is not another election year illusion, some of these will also be restarted.
verreme no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2016, 06:35 PM   #5908
Highway89

Likes (Received): 1180

Since July 2015, the Spanish government has been offering big discounts for heavy vehicles on some tolled motorways:

AP-1 Rubena-Armiñón. Discount: 43,45%
AP-2 Lleida-Montblanc. Discount: 43,45%
AP-4 Dos Hermanas-Jerez N. Discount: 50%
AP-6 Villalba-Villacastín. Discount: 43,45%
AP-9 Puxeiros-Porriño. Discount: 43,45%
AP-66 León-Campomanes. Discount: 50%

In general, AADT for heavy vehicles has grown about ~1k per month in the selected motorways.

Source: http://www.fomento.gob.es/BE/?nivel=2&orden=06000000. Figures represent the average AADT for the whole lenght of every motorway.

Change (%) in respect to the same month of the previous year.

AP-1:

AP-2: I think some discounts were introduced in 2014, which may explain the growth in that year:

AP-4:

AP-6:

AP-9. Only a small stretch of it is subject to discount, so it's hard to say if the measure has been effective, since there only is available data for its whole lenght:

AP-66:
Highway89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2016, 04:51 AM   #5909
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21227

What is the goal? Relive autovias or take trucks out of 2-lane national roads? What do the concessionaries think of this (trucks damage the road much more than cars)?
Old January 3rd, 2016, 11:32 AM   #5910
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
I guess it's planned to build a motorway "next to" the existing FV-1 and FV-2 which will be called FV-1 or FV-2 after completion. The existing roads will be used for local traffic.

I think it's quite strange that the first sections of FV-1 and FV-2 are in remote area. That means, the first 18km of FV-1 motorway is in the north but there's still a 7km gap up to Puerto del Rosario (FV-3, which is the existing 2-laned bypass of the capital connecting FV-1 and FV-2). Okay, I guess they want to bypass dunes park first.

The first FV-2 motorway section is in the southernmost region of the island. The section opened this week is north of it, in-between another 7km section u/c. From the northern end of the new FV-2 motorway near Matas Blancas to the capital / airport, it's still more than 50km with a rural 2-laned road only. Why have they not started to build the motorway from the airport southwards? I guess there's the highest AADT! Was/Is the old road in the south more dangerous due to difficult terrain?

Is it planned to close the 7km motorway gap from the southern end of the future 18km FV-1 section to FV-3? Is it planned to build a motorway from Matas Blancas to Puerto del Rosario (50km)? Is there any estimated time schedule?
There is important local traffic around Costa Calma in Fuerteventura. People use to book a hotel and hire a car and barely move within the area. That's why in dunes and south islanf traffic is intense.

Third point to focus is just south airport. Heavy traffic and a lot of roundabouts

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2016, 12:13 PM   #5911
adevahi

Likes (Received): 1067

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
What is the goal? Relive autovias or take trucks out of 2-lane national roads? What do the concessionaries think of this (trucks damage the road much more than cars)?
Mainly and officialy take trucks out of 2-lane national roads. In the case of N-IV (parallel of AP-4) was something needed, in fact this national road was one of the most dangerous of the country.
adevahi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2016, 12:26 PM   #5912
verreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
This plan has been applied in corridors where there was an adequate 2-lane road next to a toll motorway. These 2-lane roads had truck shares as high as 50% (N-II). They had become very dangerous and slow (for a car). Fomento is paying compensations to the toll concessionaires, so they agreed with the plan. Trucks still pay 50% of the rate.

It's not the first mesure of this kind to be applied in Spain. In Girona province, heavy trucks are downright banned from N-II.

verreme no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2016, 07:24 PM   #5913
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
Several new sections have been put for tender last week: The last section of the new Granada bypass, A-44, from Las Gabias to Alhendín;
A44: Las Gabias (A338) – Alhendin 6.1km (2016? to 2018) – ? – map

Quote:
the Albacete southern bypass, part of A-32;
A32: Albacete-West – Albacete-South (A30) 10.5km (2016? to ?) – ? – map

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autov%...lbacete#Tramos

Quote:
A couple of other projects have been approved: the Northwest arc of Murcia, a long demanded motorway that will relieve traffic on the A-7/A-30 concurrency;
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_carlos View Post
NEWS:

The Spanish government has approved the project of a new motorway in Murcia, southeastern Spain. It consists of a 22.1 km link connecting A-30 with A-7 and MU-30 west of Murcia. It will greatly reduce traffic congestion, as A-30 traffic going from Albacete to Cartagena will be diverted towards the new motorway and therefore the current common section of A-7 and A-30 north of Murcia will see less traffic.

In the link you can see a map of the new section:

http://www.fomento.gob.es/NR/rdonlyr...roesteMurc.pdf
Sorry, but I don't get it. Is it one motorway section only or different projects? The Arca Norte route of the pdf is about 13km only (map) but it's reported about a 22.1km road!? Will the road(s) get RM, MU or A numbering?

Quote:
and the duplication of N-338 near Alicante, that upon its completion will have yet another prefix: AA-11!
AA11: Los Picapiedra (A70) – Alicante-Airport (N332) ~4.5km (2016? to ?) – ? – map

Is the entire 4.5km section planned to be upgraded?

arctic_carlos, solchante liked this post
Old January 3rd, 2016, 08:47 PM   #5914
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

Likes (Received): 3905

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Sorry, but I don't get it. Is it one motorway section only or different projects? The Arca Norte route of the pdf is about 13km only (map) but it's reported about a 22.1km road!? Will the road(s) get RM, MU or A numbering?

There are two different projects:

Arco Noroeste (Northwest Arch) is the 22.1km road whose project has just been approved. It will be a motorway connecting A-30 north of Murcia with A-7 west of Murcia.

Arco Norte (North Arch) is th 13km road drawn in the map you've linked. It will be a kind of second by-pass for A-7 north of Murcia, connecting A-7 west of Murcia with A-7 east of Murcia, further from the city than the current alignment of A-7 (which is completely surrounded by shopping malls, a football stadium and a university campus).

In the map provided in the official press release you can see both projects: http://www.fomento.gob.es/NR/rdonlyr...roesteMurc.pdf

Regarding its numbering, I don't really know, but in my opinion it would be quite useful to number "Arco Noroeste" A-30 (as well as the current MU-30 and MU-31 motorways) leaving MU-30 for the current alignment of A-30 close to the city center, and to number "Arco Norte" A-7, leaving its current alignment as MU-30.

https://www.google.es/maps/@37.9873716,-1.139865,12z

Bertolt Brecht
arctic_carlos está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2016, 09:59 PM   #5915
How Nice

Likes (Received): 16

I don't understand the part of the map that says AP37..... Where is this going to?
Is the RM1 stopping at this AP37 and MU30?
How Nice no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2016, 10:28 PM   #5916
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

Likes (Received): 3905

AP-37 is a projected toll motorway between Zeneta (Murcia) and AP-7 in Catral. It's a result of the Spanish real estate bubble and it has zero chances of being built right now. On the contrary, A-7 will be widened to 2x3 between Murcia and Crevillente.

In the future, RM-1 will be extended to A-7 in Santomera. At the moment, only MU-30 is being extended to the future junction with RM-1 (the so-called Autovía del Reguerón in the press release). In this map you can see how the future ring road of Murcia will look like: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...lano_MU-30.png

Bertolt Brecht

How Nice liked this post
arctic_carlos está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2016, 11:28 PM   #5917
How Nice

Likes (Received): 16

Thank you arctic_carlos. Now it all makes sense.

It'll be nice when they complete the RM-1 with the A-7 and the MU-30 with the RM-1.

How Nice no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2016, 11:48 PM   #5918
grykaerugoves
In the brig

Likes (Received): 172

I was suprised to learn Spain has a bigger motorway network than Germany even though Spain probably has just over half the population of Germany.
grykaerugoves no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2016, 02:20 AM   #5919
OriK
Usuario Registrado

Likes (Received): 173

only USA and China have more motorway kms than Spain.

Not sure if it's something to be proud of... but Spanish demography is quite uncommon with a number of big cities rounded by sparsely populated areas.
OriK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2016, 11:27 AM   #5920
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2094

Besides, construction is extremely cheap in Spain
g.spinoza está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida