daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 5th, 2016, 04:06 PM   #5941
Highway89

Likes (Received): 1180

Quote:
Originally Posted by verreme View Post
IIRC N-I between San Sebastián and Etxegarate pass has "Autovía" signage and is still signed N-I. There are more roads like this in the Basque Country, such as N-637 in Bilbao. They have their own numbering system, and they've just kept the old Spanish national numbers.
Yes, the last time I drove in Gipuzkoa (October 2015) all of it was signed N-I. The background of the directional signs was blue, but in the kilometre posts it was white.

Besides, traffic coming from France directed towards "Vitoria-Gasteiz" and "Burgos" is directed via AP-1 (tolled). If you want to take the toll-free alternative you actually have to follow the route to "Lasarte-Oria".
https://goo.gl/maps/mUhEfbxTLTv
https://goo.gl/maps/d7nVcw695zr
Highway89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 5th, 2016, 04:16 PM   #5942
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2204

I reckon somewhere (Zaragoza?) will build a Z1 Autovia....sooner or later...
and that will of course mean that Spain finally has a complete Autovia network from A to Z
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2016, 04:44 PM   #5943
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1932

There's Z-40 already . And kmposts in the northern section have both A-2 and Z-40 in them, so that section is complete from A to Z.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2016, 04:44 PM   #5944
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

Likes (Received): 3920

Zaragoza already has Z-30 and Z-40 (third and fourth ring roads), although only the latter is a motorway (Z-30 is an urban ring road with traffic lights).

Bertolt Brecht
arctic_carlos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2016, 04:51 PM   #5945
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Z30 is a street (started to be built in 1960s)

Z40 is a full ring motorway finished in 2008 and enlarged later with an area of 2+3-3+2
Speed limit is 120 (except in a little tunnel)

It is a long time I do not see congestions in that ring

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2016, 05:11 PM   #5946
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2204

Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post

Z40 is a full ring motorway finished in 2008
Spain has a complete motorway network from A1 to Z40 so.
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2016, 06:27 PM   #5947
Highway89

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
If you take the German motorway-like roads (Autobahnähnliche Straße or Gelbe Autobahn) into account, both countries have approximately the same motorway length.

Although the standards of the Autobahnähnliche Straße vary somewhat. Some do not have shoulders or are on a substandard alignment. Of course the Spanish autovía also has segments that are somewhat substandard, but most of it has been eliminated in recent years. The Spanish autovía is much less substandard than many Italian superstrade.
It's difficult to make a comparison because Autovías have been built with different standards through the last 40 years.

The most substandard segments that remain in the Spanish network are those built prior to 1990, such as the A-7 Marbella-Fuengirola, parts of the N-I in Gipuzkoa and parts of the A-1 in Madrid. That must add up about 100 km.

Then we could count other first-generation Autovías, i.e. those segments that opened mostly before 1993 and have not been refurbished yet: Parts of the A-2, A-3, A-4, A-5, A-6, A-7, A-42, A-55, A-62, A-68, A-92... Maybe another 1,500 km?

Second-generation Autovías (opened between 1993 and 1998) used parts of the old national roads when the allignment was good enough.

Most Autovías opened after 1998 are virtually no different from Autopistas. They were built on a brand new allignment. I'm not totally sure but I'd say they make up nearly 2/3rds of the total Autovía network.
Old January 5th, 2016, 07:13 PM   #5948
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21239

When will they finish GI-632 between Bergara and its current terminus east of Antzuola?

Is it likely the new government will announce some plans to fully build a highway Valladolid-Aranda del Oro-Soria-Tarazona-Tudela? There are some bits and pieces in places, mostly bypasses already completed.
Old January 5th, 2016, 07:59 PM   #5949
Highway89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
When will they finish GI-632 between Bergara and its current terminus east of Antzuola?

Is it likely the new government will announce some plans to fully build a highway Valladolid-Aranda del Oro-Soria-Tarazona-Tudela? There are some bits and pieces in places, mostly bypasses already completed.
But we haven't got a new government yet

Only the part between Aranda de Duero and Soria seems likely to be finished in the near future (let's say no further than 2020). Then maybe Valladolid-Aranda de Duero.

As for the rest, I doubt anything will ever be built, except for a very much needed bypass in Tarazona.
Old January 5th, 2016, 08:11 PM   #5950
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

If A-11 is ever completed between Valladolid and Soria, the increase in traffic will for sure justify building A-15 between Soria and Tudela.

That's the shortest route between, on the one hand, Northern Portugal, Southern Galicia, Zamora, Salamanca and Valladolid, and, on the other hand, Aragon and Catalonia.

Bertolt Brecht
Old January 5th, 2016, 09:13 PM   #5951
sotonsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway89 View Post
Not all XX-NN roads are Autovías. The two-letter city codes only mean "entorno urbano", i.e. urban environment, regardless of their characteristics. A good example of this is the SG-20 in Segovia, which is a single-carriageway expressway, and it's got a red colour.

There might be some blue-colored non-Autovías (I only know of the PA-30 in Pamplona), but they can't be considered Autovías because they lack this sign:
Thank you for the clarification. I meant 'signed with blue cartouches like they were autovia'.

Pamplona has a few more blue routes (IIRC), parts of the A7 on the south coast are similar, there's also LL-20. The one I was thinking of, BA-20 in Badajoz, doesn't seem to have any signs at all - which must be why in the summer, I didn't include it in this mapping of all (or thereabouts) the blue shielded routes in Spain.
Quote:
Actually, the real reason not to renumber N-I in Gipuzkoa is that they want traffic to take AP-1 instead. They even changed some signs from blue to white background. Keep in mind that, unlike the rest of the tolled motorways in Spain, the AP-1 was actually built with Basque taxpayer's money
That makes sense, though there's surely no reason why they couldn't have renumbered it as something else, only with blue signs? As long as route-1 took the tolled road, and the other one was two digit, that would still get sign followers to stay on the toll. And it isn't as if Sat-navs and maps wouldn't be able to bypass the attempts at getting you to stay on the toll road!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grykaerugoves View Post
No... the fact is that Spains motorway network is a lot bigger than the autobahn network in Germany.
Only recently. Turn back 6 years, and I don't think that was the case (certainly 10 years ago it wasn't).
sotonsi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2016, 09:37 PM   #5952
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

171 kilometers of new roads and autovías opened to traffic in Andalusia in 2015: http://www.teleprensa.com/andalucia/...e-autovia.html

It appears that about half of all new autovías in 2015 opened in Andalusia.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2016, 10:26 PM   #5953
Aokromes
Patatero Inside

Likes (Received): 2652

Quote:
Originally Posted by verreme View Post
IIRC N-I between San Sebastián and Etxegarate pass has "Autovía" signage and is still signed N-I. There are more roads like this in the Basque Country, such as N-637 in Bilbao. They have their own numbering system, and they've just kept the old Spanish national numbers.
Yes, they maybe have Autovia signs, but, it's substandard.

The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts. Gene Spafford.
I am Basque, not Russian, the "Siberia" thing is a joke.
Aokromes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2016, 11:23 PM   #5954
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
171 kilometers of new roads and autovías opened to traffic in Andalusia in 2015: http://www.teleprensa.com/andalucia/...e-autovia.html

It appears that about half of all new autovías in 2015 opened in Andalusia.
The article doesn't say so.

It says that the Andalusian regional government (remember, this is Spain ) has opened 171 km of new roads and autovías, not including the autovías opened by the Spanish government in Andalusia (e.g. A-7, A-32...).

And from this 171 km, 59.6 km actually correspond to autovías:

Quote:
En la malla de autovías, la Consejería de Fomento y Vivienda ha culminado en los dos últimos años, con un presupuesto de reactivación de 97,2 millones, la construcción y puesta en servicio de 59,6 kilómetros de vías, correspondientes a la autovía del Almanzora (Almería), concretamente a la variante de Albox (8,7 kilómetros), dando continuidad a 22 kilómetros de gran capacidad en el valle del Almanzora; y a la autovía del Olivar (Jaén), con la finalización de cinco tramos (35,6 kilómetros), dando continuidad a 75,2 kilómetros desde Úbeda y Baeza hasta Jaén y Martos, lo que supone el 78% de esta infraestructura en la provincia de Jaén.

A estas dos vías, se une la duplicación de la A-491 (Cádiz), con la entrada en funcionamiento de un tramo de nueve kilómetros que ha mejorado la movilidad entre las poblaciones de Rota, El Puerto y Chipiona; así como la culminación del vial metropolitano de acceso norte a Sevilla, que con una longitud de 6,3 kilómetros favorece la circulación fluida de entrada y salida a la capital hispalense desde las localidades de Brenes, La Rinconada, La Algaba y Alcalá del Río.
That is to say: 8.7 + 35.6 + 9 + 6.3 = 59.6 km

Bertolt Brecht
Old January 5th, 2016, 11:27 PM   #5955
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Yes, but the national government also opened autovías in Andalusia. Well maybe it isn't exactly half of all motorway openings, but it seems that Andalusia had by far the largest share of autovía openings, though Galicia also had a number of opening events.

The biggest bang was the opening of A-66 between Zamora and Benavente: 49 km.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

arctic_carlos liked this post
Old January 7th, 2016, 07:03 PM   #5956
ChrisZwolle
Road user

LZ-3, Circunvalación de Arrecife

The Arrecife bypass on the island of Lanzarote was widened to four lanes last year. The expansion was inaugurated on 29 March 2015.

Eastern end:

LZ-1 interchange in the northeast:

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

arctic_carlos, 8166UY, solchante liked this post
Old January 7th, 2016, 07:23 PM   #5957
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Pity...was near there last summer but on a taxi and on night.

Even if smaller, Lanzarote has double population than Fuerteventura, thus more traffic

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2016, 02:27 AM   #5958
Jonan

Likes (Received): 1099

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
La Diputación prevé terminar la autovía de Deskarga a finales de 2018

So it will take long. They are fixing the problem they had and the works would start at the end of this year and take two years to finish. We will see..
Jonan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2016, 08:05 PM   #5959
Ale92Milano_SpA
BANNED

Likes (Received): 224

Driving through Andalucía (Spain) from Sevilla to Málaga 23.12.2015 Timelapse x4

Luki_SL, ajch liked this post
Ale92Milano_SpA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2016, 10:14 PM   #5960
ajch

Likes (Received): 75

minute 18:45 is my little village

solchante liked this post
ajch no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida