daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 24th, 2016, 08:27 PM   #6161
pai nosso

Likes (Received): 4051

A-75 [Galicia region] »» Location -- June of 2016

1-

2-

3-

Source: pai nosso

ukraroad liked this post

Last edited by pai nosso; June 25th, 2016 at 12:30 PM.
pai nosso no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 24th, 2016, 08:50 PM   #6162
Highway89

Likes (Received): 1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Dutch motorist association ANWB 'strongly disadvises' to use a dashcam in Spain. Is this an issue in Spain? There are also three things you can do with a dashcam, some of which may or may not be legal; 1) filming, 2) publishing and 3) use it in court as evidence.
I've been using a dashcam for a year and a half and never had any kind of trouble. I've encountered several police controls and have never been told to pull over. I'm not an expert on the Spanish law, so I can't tell much apart from my own experience.

Anyway, I've heard stories about cyclists using videos as piece of evidence against drivers not leaving enough safety distance. I've also remember reading a piece of news about bikers being fined for mounting a cam onto their helmet with a suction pad, which is unsafe according to the authorities, but as long as you keep the dashcam inside your car, I don't think that'll be a problem.
Highway89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2016, 12:00 PM   #6163
pai nosso

A-52 [Galicia region] »» See Location -- June of 2016

1-Xinzo de Limia

2-Between Xinzo de Limia e Allariz

3-Allariz

4-North Acess to the A-52 from the city of Ourense

5-

6-Exit to the AG-53 (Santiago de Compostela)

Highway89, ukraroad, Luki_SL liked this post

Last edited by pai nosso; June 25th, 2016 at 12:29 PM.
Old June 25th, 2016, 12:02 PM   #6164
pai nosso

Galicia Region -- June of 2016

1-OU-402 (between Ribadavia & Cortegada)

2-OU-801 » border post of Ponte Barxas-São Gregório

3-OU-801

ukraroad, Stavros86 liked this post

Last edited by pai nosso; June 25th, 2016 at 12:30 PM.
Old June 25th, 2016, 07:45 PM   #6165
Highway89

Likes (Received): 1200

Fomento has approved the rebuilding of two interchanges, which are currently just roundabouts:

A-62/A-66 in Salamanca (31 M€): https://www.google.es/maps/@40.95571.../data=!3m1!1e3

A-7/A-1051 in Roquetas de Mar (9 M€): https://www.google.es/maps/@36.81888.../data=!3m1!1e3

They will also enlarge a 3.8 km long stretch of the A-66 around Oviedo from 2x2 to 2x3. AADT is 54,000 vpd. Estimated cost is 20.5 M€.: https://www.google.es/maps/dir/43.41...e3!4m2!4m1!3e0

arctic_carlos, pai nosso, verreme liked this post
Highway89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2016, 06:15 PM   #6166
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Dutch motorist association ANWB 'strongly disadvises' to use a dashcam in Spain. Is this an issue in Spain? There are also three things you can do with a dashcam, some of which may or may not be legal; 1) filming, 2) publishing and 3) use it in court as evidence.
ANWB may not have deep knowledge of the Spanish law and disadvise it just in case someone got in trouble. I've never had any problem with using a camera (not a dashcam, but an actual handheld camera mounted on the windshield with a suction cup), even when being checked by the police.

What is indeed true is that filming (or taking pictures of) the police is illegal in Spain and you may be fined for doing it. However, this law is extremely difficult to enforce and I've yet to heard about anyone having any trouble because of that.
Old June 26th, 2016, 09:46 PM   #6167
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Have travelled on AP-68. I was going to take off at Logroño but they adviced works for junction with A-68/A-12. Therefore.... for my destination I preferred to take Agoncillo exit, avoid radars and avoid to pay for traveling at 60 km/h only

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2016, 09:48 PM   #6168
rpc08

Likes (Received): 1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway89 View Post
Fomento has approved the rebuilding of two interchanges, which are currently just roundabouts:

A-62/A-66 in Salamanca (31 M€): https://www.google.es/maps/@40.95571.../data=!3m1!1e3
This is an amazing waste of money, not for the reformulation itself, but if we think that this interchange was opened in 2006. At the time A-62 into Salamanca was completed and A-66 south of Zamora was finished or in construction. Seriously, it shouldn't have been too hard to understand that having all the north-south traffic + some of the traffic coming into the city from the west bottled in a roundabout would be complicated. I was little more than a kid at the time and even I could see that. Not to mention the A-66 S-N end in the roundabout, a lot of accidents must have happened there.
Old July 9th, 2016, 03:30 AM   #6169
Ale92Milano_SpA
BANNED

Likes (Received): 224

Driving through Andalucía (Spain) from Sevilla to Huelva 26.05.2016 Timelapse x4

Driving through Andalucía (Spain) from Huelva to Sevilla 26.05.2016 Timelapse x4

Driving through Catalunya (Spain) from Sitges to Tarragona 8.12.2015 Timelapse x4

Driving from Reus to Castellón de la Plana (Spain) 8.12.2015 Timelapse x4

Driving through Comunitat Valenciana (Spain) from Castellón to Valencia 8.12.2015 Timelapse x4

Driving through Costa del Sol (Spain) from Málaga to Marbella 2.04.2016 Timelapse x4

Stavros86, ukraroad liked this post
Ale92Milano_SpA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2016, 12:36 PM   #6170
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

Likes (Received): 3991

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Spain (map)

GC3: Arucas – Tamaraceite-West 3.5km (? to Mid 2016?) – ? – map
Opening of the eastbound carriageway in late July 2016.

Opening of the westbound carriageway delayed until a settlement is reached with the owner of a property which is to be expropriated in order to complete the construction works.

http://www.canarias7.es/articulo.cfm?id=426023

http://www.ilustradordigital.es/circ...-de-las-palmas

Bertolt Brecht

verreme, MichiH liked this post
arctic_carlos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2016, 08:17 PM   #6171
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19426

The final segment of Costera Norte in Murcia opened to traffic today. Costera Norte is a dual carriageway with roundabouts in the northern suburbs of Murcia. It's just over 13 kilometers long.

La Costera Norte comunica con la autovía del Mediterráneo (A-7) y la autovía Murcia-Cartagena (A-30), se han invertido 34,6 millones de euros en 12 tramos con un total de 13,3 kilómetros

http://www.carm.es/web/pagina?IDCONT...STRO=c$m122,70

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

arctic_carlos liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2016, 12:29 AM   #6172
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_carlos View Post
Works were resumed earlier this year.

A first 2.2 km section (El Parador de las Hortichuelas-South - Las Losas) will be opened in late July 2016, while a second 5.2 km section (Las Losas - Cortijos de Marin) will follow in late 2017. The two sections have a total length of 7.4 km, according to official sources.

http://www.lavozdealmeria.es/Noticia...toman-este-mes

http://sevilla.abc.es/andalucia/alme...1_noticia.html

http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/presi...pertura/verano
I just found in a press article the exact lengths of both sections. It's not a big change, but I know you guys always want to have the most accurate data.

Quote:
A1051: El Parador de las Hortichuelas-South – Las Losas 2.2km (2011 to Late July 2016) – ? – map
2.5km

Quote:
A1051: Las Losas – Cortijos de Marin 5.2km (2011 to Late 2017) – ? – map
4.9km

By the way, no changes on the expected opening date of the first section:

Quote:
La Consejería de Fomento y Vivienda de la Junta de Andalucía ha concluido el extendido de la capa intermedia de aglomerado en todo el tronco del tramo de la Variante de Roquetas de Mar (Almería) que discurre desde el enlace de Las Losas hasta el centro comercial Gran Plaza, de 2,5 kilómetros de longitud lineal, y cuya apertura al tráfico está prevista a finales del presente mes de julio. Se trata de la capa intermedia previa a la de rodadura final, que posibilita su puesta en servicio.

http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/2789...ta-gran-plaza/

Bertolt Brecht

MichiH liked this post
Old July 12th, 2016, 09:01 PM   #6173
ChrisZwolle
Road user

AG-14 Carballo - Baio in Galicia is planned to open on 27 July: http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/noticia...07C12C4992.htm

This is ahead of the previous schedule of October 2016.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

arctic_carlos, verreme liked this post
Old July 12th, 2016, 09:52 PM   #6174
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

I think I said nothing.

Have seen some tiny works on N-232 to upgrade to A-68 between near Pedrola and near Luceni.

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2016, 10:26 PM   #6175
ChrisZwolle
Road user

AG-55, not AG-14

El Ideal Gallego reports that the Autovía de la Costa da Morte will be numbered AG-55 after all. Earlier government releases referred to AG-14 as the road number for the motorway.

Luki_SL, arctic_carlos, pai nosso liked this post
Old July 16th, 2016, 12:52 AM   #6176
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

It makes sense. Naming the new section AG-14 would have been a mistake.

But after all I wasn't wrong when suggesting that the different naming had something to do with the fact that the new section was going to be toll free (in contrast with the old tolled section). Some residents now claim that the new section of motorway being called AG-55 means that sooner or loter toll booths will be installed.

I guess MichiH will have to edit his Spanish list again.

Bertolt Brecht

MichiH liked this post
Old July 21st, 2016, 08:00 PM   #6177
ChrisZwolle
Road user

SC-20 Santiago de Compostela

The last grade-separated interchange along SC-20 was officially inaugurated today. They replaced an at-grade roundabout with an underpass. The project cost was € 6 million. Approximately 40,000 vehicles per day pass through here.

Here it is seen earlier in July when one lane in each direction was operational:

arctic_carlos, verreme liked this post
Old July 22nd, 2016, 01:01 PM   #6178
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

2 km of completed but unopened CM-43 motorway near Añover de Tajo (province of Toledo) will be opened in April 2017, once a connection with regional road CM-4001 is built.

This 2x2 motorway section has been completed since 2011, but as it ends in the middle of nowhere it has remained closed since then. The construction of a 1 km section of conventional road between the current end of the motorway and CM-4001 will therefore enable the use of those last 2 km of motorway. Works on that road started in June 2016 and are supposed to last 10 months.

In the future, CM-43 will be connected to A-40, once the latter is built between Toledo and Ocaña.

https://www.google.es/maps/@39.97962.../data=!3m1!1e3

In contrast, works of the 12 km section of CM-41 between Illescas and Borox continues suspended. In fact, I just realized this motorway project exists checking on Google Earth. It's one of those absurd motorways planned in Spain during the real estate bubble times. If ever completed, it should connect with A-4 north of Aranjuez, becoming a kind of "M-60". In that case, A-40 between Maqueda and Tarancón would be "M-70".

Quote:
Comienzan las obras de conexión de la autovía de La Sagra con la CM-4001 en Toledo

http://www.clm24.es/articulo%2Ftoled...440121219.html

Bertolt Brecht

MichiH, Highway89 liked this post
Old July 22nd, 2016, 01:33 PM   #6179
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2083

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_carlos View Post
2 km of completed but unopened CM-43 motorway near Añover de Tajo (province of Toledo) will be opened in April 2017, once a connection with regional road CM-4001 is built.

This 2x2 motorway section has been completed since 2011, but as it ends in the middle of nowhere it has remained closed since then. The construction of a 1 km section of conventional road between the current end of the motorway and CM-4001 will therefore enable the use of those last 2 km of motorway. Works on that road started in June 2016 and are supposed to last 10 months.
It seems that the 1km might have motorway standard too: http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=39...30532;0;253877 .

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2016, 01:42 PM   #6180
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
It seems that the 1km might have motorway standard too: http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=39...30532;0;253877 .
The press article (in Spanish) I've linked says that the 1 km road will be a conventional 1+2 road (with just an extra northbound lane for slow vehicles), with no segregated carriageways, and that the connection with CM-4001 will be just a roundabout (instead of the full interchange drawn in OSM).

I guess the whole project was originally planned as something more elaborate, with motorway standards and complex interchanges, but now they've downgraded it, just in order to bring it into service as soon and as cheaply as possible.

Bertolt Brecht

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida