daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 11th, 2016, 11:11 PM   #6261
sotonsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_carlos View Post
Allegedly all main roads (including motorways) would be renumbered as "C-xx" roads in case of Catalonia becoming independent (or if all roads are transferred to the Catalan government). For instance, there are roads like C-25 or C-31 which are already prepared and don't begin with a 0 km post, but have instead a higher number (km 83 in C-25 and km 136 in C-31).

That's because C-25 would absorb A-2 between the border with Aragon and Cervera and C-31 would do the same with N-340 between the border with the Comunitat Valenciana and El Vendrell (and probably also with N-II between Montgat and Malgrat de Mar).
Good grief!

I'd hope they (while they keep the numbering grid) they have the sense to change the prefixes to match the colours of the cartouches - eg A for blue Autovias, B for red major roads, C for orange middling roads (does Catalonia have these?), D for green lesser roads.

arctic_carlos liked this post
sotonsi no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 12th, 2016, 01:01 AM   #6262
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

In Asturias I've drove on SB3, thus three roads at least.

It seemed a one way road.

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2016, 12:25 PM   #6263
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1932

You're right. Google Maps incorrectly shows the Soto del Barco-La Arena road as a North-South leg of AS-318 (which is only La Arena-Ranon according to the log), but it is SB-3. Now I see, both SB-1 and SB-3 are maintained by the region, so I proceed to delete the anotation I put in the Asturian prefix compilation.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2016, 08:14 PM   #6264
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

Construction of the 4.9 km bypass of Roquetas de Mar (A-1051 in Andalucía) has restarted. It's planned to be completed in October 2017.

http://roquetas.ideal.es/roquetas/no...812110431.html

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

arctic_carlos, verreme liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2016, 01:09 PM   #6265
adevahi

Likes (Received): 1067

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebasepoiss View Post
What does being close to a national park have to do with having unpaved roads?
The National Park has the maximum protection: no buildings, no pavements, also no new paths, few visits... the surroundings of it are also protected but not as much (we called it Coto, so "Coto de Doñana", I don't know the traslation to the english for it), so there are new houses in this village but all of them has to be built according with some protection plans, and the streets can not be paved.
Obviously, the road for arriving to this village is paved (and there is a highway really close, by the way) but not inside the vilage, which is inside the Coto.
adevahi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2016, 02:08 PM   #6266
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Anyway we have paved roads on national parks. ...incluiding one national road

Old August 13th, 2016, 07:54 PM   #6267
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

Likes (Received): 3920

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
A14: Alguaire – Lleida (A2) ~8km (? to October 2016) – ? – map
Start date: October 2013

http://ccaa.elpais.com/ccaa/2013/10/...73_532678.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
A23: Caldearenas – Alto de Monrepos ~5km (< 2009 to 2016) – ? – map
According to recent statements by a high government official, it will open in 2018:

Quote:
Garcés se desplazó junto a los alcaldes hasta el gran túnel que enlazará el alto de Monrepós con el municipio de Caldearenas, un paso de 2,8 kilómetros de longitud actualmente en proceso de construcción.

El responsable ministerial aseguró que una vez acabada la obra civil, que se prevé concluir este año, se acometerá la ejecución de los distintos sistemas de seguridad que contará el túnel de Caldearenas, que se convertirá en el segundo más largo de Aragón.

El objetivo de Fomento es conseguir en un plazo de dos años la entrada en servicio de dicho paso, que contará con una galería de evacuación paralela de 2 kilómetros de longitud y que permitirá evitar el tramo de descenso desde alto de Monrepós en dirección a Sabiñánigo.

http://www.elperiodicodearagon.com/n...1_1120759.html
By the way, I've just found this interesting map on the Ministry's website, it shows all road projects being currently built by the Spanish government (it doesn't include regional projects):

http://www.fomento.gob.es/AZ.MFOM.Ob...Web/obranueva/

Although it doesn't mention completion dates, at least the list below the map shows official lengths and budget of each section.

Bertolt Brecht

verreme, MichiH liked this post
arctic_carlos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2016, 12:05 PM   #6268
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

Likes (Received): 3920

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotonsi View Post
C for orange middling roads (does Catalonia have these?)
Yes and no.

The Catalan government designates all its primary network (C-xx roads) with blue (autopistas or autovías) or red (conventional roads) cartouches. However, these same roads are usually shown in orange cartouches when they are signposted in other roads managed by the Spanish government.

Bertolt Brecht
arctic_carlos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2016, 01:15 PM   #6269
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1932

And both are correct! Fomento signs them in orange for consistency with other regions. The four Eastern Canary Islands also use red, while the Western three use orange. I consider national and first order regional roads (those in red and orange) to be at the same level.

In other news, I may get 'trolled' soon. I could pay the AP-15 toll between Tafalla and Pamplona (or more accurately between Pueyo and Noain) and clinch that section, as I'm going to Noain (just South of Pamplona, where the roads to Huesca and Zaragoza split) soon. Other roads I'll be driving include A-21 Sigües-A-1601 (And thus once again clinching all toll-free motorways in Zaragoza province, but not in all of Aragon as I have a section of A-2 around Fraga missing), and the A-127 straight between Ejea and Sadaba, the only one of the big three (along A-220 La Almunia-Cariñena and A-222 North of Belchite) I have yet to drive.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2016, 01:55 PM   #6270
adevahi

Likes (Received): 1067

Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post
Anyway we have paved roads on national parks. ...incluiding one national road
But there are diferent protection plans in each national park
adevahi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2016, 03:14 PM   #6271
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Not so much. Road exists since a Long time ago and tráfico remains

Old August 16th, 2016, 03:47 PM   #6272
Highway89

Likes (Received): 1180

Youtube user Buer Mir has uploaded a video of the N-636 between Arrasate/Mondragón and Gerediaga in the Basque Country. From the minute 12:00 onwards you can see the new autovía which opened on the 8th of August.

arctic_carlos, alsama, Stavros86 liked this post
Highway89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2016, 03:51 PM   #6273
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Very scenic near Elorrio. I drove AP-8 last year but I didn't see much of the surroundings due to the low-hanging clouds and rain.

There is also exit numbering

* Exit ? (km 42) Elorrio
* Exit 43 Elorrio
* Exit 46 Abadiño
* Exit 49 AP-8
Old August 16th, 2016, 06:20 PM   #6274
VITORIA MAN
on skycrapercity

Likes (Received): 14404

chris , how can you be an expert on roads all over europe ?
VITORIA MAN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2016, 07:07 PM   #6275
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I got the exit numbering from the video posted above
Old August 16th, 2016, 08:35 PM   #6276
VITORIA MAN
on skycrapercity

Likes (Received): 14404

you're on all the road threads
VITORIA MAN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2016, 11:53 AM   #6277
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

Everyone has something they know a lot about. For me it's cars, for Chris it's roads, for a friend of mine it's architecture and for another friend of mine it's medicine...
Old August 17th, 2016, 11:56 AM   #6278
Nikolaj

Likes (Received): 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by verreme View Post
Everyone has something they know a lot about. For me it's cars, for Chris it's roads, for a friend of mine it's architecture and for another friend of mine it's medicine...
And as this is a road forum, we can all benefit from Chris' amazing and sound knowledge. Thanks for that.

arctic_carlos, pai nosso liked this post
Nikolaj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2016, 12:01 PM   #6279
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2108

Quote:
I wouldn't be so sure
g.spinoza está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2016, 09:42 PM   #6280
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
Originally Posted by VITORIA MAN View Post
chris , how can you be an expert on roads all over europe ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by VITORIA MAN View Post
you're on all the road threads
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
And as this is a road forum, we can all benefit from Chris' amazing and sound knowledge. Thanks for that.
I like to keep myself informed about road projects and road issues all over the world. I mostly use Google News for that (in four languages; English, German, French and Spanish), in addition to press releases from transportation agencies (mostly from Europe).

Another hobby of mine is to browse through Google Earth. I keep track of updated imagery (thanks to Google Earth Blog). I usually have Google Earth running on my PC at any time.

I still spend most of my online time on a PC, it's so much more convenient and efficient than a tablet or phone. I tried keeping track of road news while on a trip abroad on a tablet, but I gave up on that, it's so much more time-consuming to do that on a tablet.

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida