daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 18th, 2016, 12:40 PM   #6401
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

Likes (Received): 3920

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
What is the deal with Yesa? I saw 'no Yesa' slogans everywhere. Are they enlargening the reservoir? It's almost empty now... They also built a large viaduct near Sigüés that is not open yet.
Yes, exactly. They're enlarging the Yesa reservoir. That's why the construction of A-21 along the northern shore of the reservoir is urgent, as current N-240 will disappear under the water in some places.

Quote:
La nueva presa de Yesa supera los 60 metros de altura tras una inversión de 150 millones

Las contratistas han ejecutado la mitad de la obra, que avanza en plazo y estará acabada en el año 2020. Hasta 70 camiones llevan 7.000 m3 de grava al día para levantar un dique siete veces mayor que el actual.

http://www.heraldo.es/uploads/imagen...b2f9a08e615975
The project in the Spanish Wikipedia: https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anexo:...mbalse_de_Yesa

The viaduct of Sigüés on A-21 opened a year ago. It includes a new connection with N-240 at its western terminus, so through traffic can use it despite A-21 between Tiermas and Sigüés is yet to be built.

Quote:
El Estado abre en Aragón 2,5 km de la A-21, de la que aún restan 39 kilómetros

Sustituye al trazado de la actual carretera N-240, que quedará anegada por el recrecimiento del embalse de Yesa, y forma parte de la autovía A-21 de Jaca a Pamplona

http://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/201...nlace-de-siges

Bertolt Brecht

ChrisZwolle, solchante liked this post
arctic_carlos está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 18th, 2016, 01:45 PM   #6402
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

They also built this two-lane bridge, I think it will replace A-1601 on the east side of the reservoir. It's big, but not yet open to traffic.

Embalse de Yesa by European Roads, on Flickr

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

arctic_carlos liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2016, 02:22 PM   #6403
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

Thanks!

I wasn't aware of this viaduct. The aerial footage of the area in Google Maps is quite outdated. I've just checked recent imagery in www.terraserver.com and it indeed looks like a replacement for A-1601.

I guess in the future this new road will continue northwards towards A-137 and the Roncal valley.

Bertolt Brecht
Old September 18th, 2016, 04:19 PM   #6404
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21239

The Yelsa dam is aimed at capturing high spring flows and then storing until late fall, right?
Old September 18th, 2016, 04:24 PM   #6405
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

A-1601 viaduct

I had another set of photos taken of the A-1601 viaduct. This was taken from a pullout on N-240.

A-1601 Embalse de Yesa by European Roads, on Flickr
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2016, 08:16 PM   #6406
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

Canary Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
GC3: Arucas – Tamaraceite-West 3.5km (? to >= 2016?) [direction Arucas] – ? – map
Opening in November 2016.

http://www.eldiario.es/canariasahora...554695306.html

(in the press article you can see a picture of the house that prevented the opening of the section in August, which is currently being torn down)

Quote:
FV1: Corralejo – Caldereta 18km (? to Early 2017) – ? – map
Works are on track, scheduled opening in early 2017.

Besides, the project of the 17.5 km motorway Caldereta - Puerto del Rosario - Airport was approved last February. It wasn't announced if its construction would start soon, though.

http://www.fuerteventuradigital.net/...oyecto-de.html

Quote:
FV2: Costa Calma – north of El Salmo 6.9km (? to Summer 2016) – ? – map
According to the latest news I've been able to find, a first section between Costa Calma and Los Gorriones roundabout (2.5 km) could open in September this year (this news is from last February, though).

However, no date was given for the completion of the second section between Los Gorriones and El Salmo/Pecenescal (4.4 km), as the project of a viaduct had to be changed in order to make it longer, and that fact prevented the works form being restarted. To be honest, I don't even know if there have ever been works on that section, the fact that the old road is surrounded by dunes doesn't let me see any traces of earth movements in the area.

http://www.fuerteventuradigital.net/...a-calma-y.html

Bertolt Brecht

MichiH, Highway89, verreme liked this post

Last edited by arctic_carlos; September 18th, 2016 at 08:22 PM.
Old September 21st, 2016, 06:10 PM   #6407
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

A-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I filmed A-14 in both directions

Thanks to the user bigcoaster, we have some fresh news and pictures from its neighboring section, currently under construction:

Quote:
A14: Alguaire – Lleida (A2) ~8km (October 2013 to October 2016) – ? – map
According to a worker in the construction site, there are still 11 months left until the end of the works. Nevertheless, we don't know yet whether that worker was specifically referring to the opening of the motorway when he said that or to the generic end of the works instead, including supplementary works that can be carried out once the motorway will have opened.

So I guess we'll have to wait for a few weeks until there's any official confirmation. The works are in fact quite advanced (the only missing big structures are two bridges which are about to be completed), but I don't really know whether this section could feasibly open before the end of next month, or in any event before the end of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcoaster View Post
Bones!

Arran del que va comentar l'@ilergeta l'altre dia i que avui tenia temps lliure, m'he escapat a fer unes quantes fotos (bastantes avui) a l'obra. Per cert, he preguntat a un obrer i m'ha dit que l'obra s'acaba en 11 mesos, així que jo comptaria que l'inauguraran al setembre del 2017. Bé, comencem:

Aquesta és la carretera/camí que va paral·lela a l'A2 pel sud d'aquesta, com podeu veure, ja ha agafat forma, i és que fins ara no en tenia gaire el costat sud de l'A2. Mirant cap a Alpicat:

Mirant cap a Torrefarrera:

La mateixa carretera/camí, una mica més endavant, anant cap a Torrefarrera, just on hi passa una tuberia per sota, és nota que ho han fet fa poc, encara no està acabat:

Sorpresa del dia, on abans hi havia un sifó per creuar l'A2, ara hi ha un pont per fer-hi passar la canyeria. Degut a que van eixamplar l'A2, el sifó quedava al descobert, tot i que aparentment podria seguir funcionant, han preferit canviar-lo. Crec que el sifó al descobert sortia en alguna altra foto meva uns posts més amunt.

EL ja-famós pont de l'A14 sobre l'A2 molt avançat, només a la falta de l'última capa d'asfalt com veureu més endavant.

Els ramals de l'enllaç entre l'A14 i l'A2, tots en el mateix estat, en la penúltima capa d'asfalt, tot i que sembli que és l'última. En aquest tram, fins i tot han fet ja les cunetes per l'aigua.

Mirant cap al pont:

Mirada enrere amb els dos ramals:

Més a prop del pont:

Els dos ramals aqui en paral·lel. Com podeu veure, han deixat molt espai entre ambdós ramals i la capa d'asfalt no és que sigui especialment ampla.

Ja sobre el pont, si us en fixeu, està al mateix nivell el ciment del pont i la capa d'asfalt dels ramals, el que ens diu que encara queda una última (o no) capa d'asfalt. Fixeu-vos també que el pont és realment ample, amb cabuda per a dos carrils clarament, no sé si per seguretat o pensant en una possible expansió de l'A14 cap a Lleida ciutat.

El pont en si:

La bifurcació de l'A14 en els quatre ramals de l'enllaç.

L'A14, a l'espera de l'última capa d'asfalt.

El pont que faltava per fer, amb les dues bandes gairebé acabades, en pocs dies es posaran a fer la part central.

El mateix pont vist des de l'altre costat, com podeu veure, és realment ample, hi caben 4 carrils. Una mica excessiu tenint en compte que hi passa una carretera amb dos carrils estrets i que a trossos té només un carrils.

Carretera/camí paral·lel a l'A2 pel costat nord d'aquesta.

El pontet al canal que faltava per fer en aquesta carretera. Realment era lo únic "gros" que quedava per fer en aquest costat nord.

Mirant cap a Alpicat, mor als Cinemes d'Alpicat, que són la nau que es veu entre els arbres.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=644

Bertolt Brecht

verreme, Highway89, MichiH liked this post
Old September 24th, 2016, 05:39 PM   #6408
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1932

A-14 is getting a full interchange with A-2 and nearby A-22 ends at a roundabout without direct connections .
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2016, 08:26 PM   #6409
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

Set up a demonstration.
Old September 24th, 2016, 11:07 PM   #6410
CNGL
Leudimin

In other news, the Jaca bypass is going to be put up for tender soon. This section will have to be split for MichiH's list, as number will change from A-23 to A-21 halfway through.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

Old September 24th, 2016, 11:41 PM   #6411
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

The new A-14 has already been signposted in its interchange with A-2:

http://www.segre.com/detalls-seccion...-cap-a-tolosa/

Fortunately Toulouse will be used in the signage instead of the generic França/Francia signs!

I hope they start removing them soon in other motorways (namely AP-7 and AP-8), where Montpellier and Bordeaux should be the main cities of reference in the signage.

(needless to say A-14 won't reach the French border anytime soon )

Bertolt Brecht

ChrisZwolle, verreme liked this post
Old September 25th, 2016, 12:54 AM   #6412
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Will not.... but if you take a view about cars on N-230, a lot of them come from Toulouse department according to car plate.

This is due to it is the fastest way to entry in Spain and go anywhere (or Portugal or Morocco). In Benabarre they will choose to turn to Huesca or Lerida

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2016, 01:19 PM   #6413
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
In other news, the Jaca bypass is going to be put up for tender soon. This section will have to be split for MichiH's list, as number will change from A-23 to A-21 halfway through.
A21: Jaca-West – Jaca-North (A23) ~5km (2017? to ?) – ? – map
A23: Jaca-North (A21) – Jaca-East ~3km (2017? to ?) [2nd c/w] – ? – map

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_carlos View Post
The construction of Tiermas - Sigüés has not started yet. They say in the press release that its works will be tendered next year.
A21: Tiermas – west of Sigües 6.6km (2016? to ?) – ? – map

Any news about the tender / expected construction start?

Quote:
Construction of Puente la Reina - Santa Cilia will be resumed next year (currently works are suspended).
A21: Puente la Reina de Jaca – Santa Cilia 7.2km (? to suspended) – ? – map

Have works been resumed?

Quote:
The other two sections (Jaca Oeste - Jaca Norte and Límite Provincial Zaragoza/Huesca - Puente la Reina) will be tendered next year.
A21: east of Asso-Veral – Puente la Reina de Jaca 11.6km (2016? to ?) – ? – map

News?

Quote:
The press release says works on Puente la Reina - Santa Cilia will be resumed next year.

Resumed?

Quote:
3) Sections where works will be resumed next year:
- Congosto de Isuela-Arguis*
A23: Lanave – Caldearenas 14.4km (< 2009 to suspended) – ? – map

Any news?

Quote:
4) Sections that will be tendered next year:
- Sabiñánigo Este-Sabiñánigo Oeste
A23: Sabinanigo-West – Sabinanigo-East 6.9km (2016? to ?) – ? – map

Any info about the tender?

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)

Luki_SL liked this post
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2016, 02:06 PM   #6414
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Sabiñanigo by pass not started

A forumer said that from Arguis to north, he's seeing works on but quite slowly

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2016, 04:59 PM   #6415
CNGL
Leudimin

Quote:
A21: Jaca-West – Jaca-North (A23) ~5km (2017? to ?) – ? – map
A23: Jaca-North (A21) – Jaca-East ~3km (2017? to ?) [2nd c/w] – ? – map

I was about to point out that A-23 was to take a different route than current N-330.... until I realized I had confused N-330 with the railway.
Quote:
A21: Tiermas – west of Sigües 6.6km (2016? to ?) – ? – map

Any news about the tender / expected construction start?
Nope, nothing so far. They said it would be U/C next year.
Quote:

Have works been resumed?
AFAIK there is a project change pending, and they will resume works as soon as the change is done. They hoped to do so this month, but nothing so far. It's not a budget thing, but a technical one.
Quote:
A21: east of Asso-Veral – Puente la Reina de Jaca 11.6km (2016? to ?) – ? – map

News?
Same as Tiermas-Sigües section.
Quote:

Resumed?
Duplicate, see above.
Quote:
A23: Lanave – Caldearenas 14.4km (< 2009 to suspended) – ? – map

Any news?
Much like Puente la Reina-Santa Cilia section, this has a project change pending. Anyway, they should go with a little section of the Northbound carriageway in order to connect the 3 km long tunnel U/C as part of Monrepos summit-Caldearenas section with the current road. I believe they are working on that part.

Also, you confused this section with the Isuela gorge-Arguis one, which is U/C.
Quote:
A23: Sabinanigo-West – Sabinanigo-East 6.9km (2016? to ?) – ? – map

Any info about the tender?
As they had to restart planning from scratch due to contaminated soils, this will likely the last section to be built.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_carlos View Post
The new A-14 has already been signposted in its interchange with A-2:

Fortunately Toulouse will be used in the signage instead of the generic França/Francia signs!

I hope they start removing them soon in other motorways (namely AP-7 and AP-8), where Montpellier and Bordeaux should be the main cities of reference in the signage.

(needless to say A-14 won't reach the French border anytime soon )
Bordeaux is already signed on AP-8, along with 'Baiona' (which actually is in the opposite direction in Pontevedra province, of course they meant Bayonne). They should also replace France with Pau at the end of A-23 and the last few km of N-330 up to Somport tunnel.

Old September 25th, 2016, 06:19 PM   #6416
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
Much like Puente la Reina-Santa Cilia section, this has a project change pending. Anyway, they should go with a little section of the Northbound carriageway in order to connect the 3 km long tunnel U/C as part of Monrepos summit-Caldearenas section with the current road. I believe they are working on that part.
Somebody recently wrote in the Aragonese forum that there were also ongoing works on that section of A-23 (Caldearenas - Lanave). The only official source I could find is this press release from May 2014, when the government announced that the works would be restarted:

http://www.fomento.gob.es/mfom/lang_.../140526-02.htm

If I'm not mistaken, there are currently 3 sections under construction on A-23 south of Sabiñánigo (Congosto de Isuela - Arguis, Montrepós - Caldearenas and Caldearenas - Lanave), while there are other two where works haven't started yet (Lanave - Embalse de Jabarella and Embalse de Jabarella - Sabiñánigo South).

Besides, I haven't been able to find any information regarding the current situation of the two sections of A-21 where there should be construction activity right now (Puente la Reina de Jaca – Santa Cilia and Santa Cilia - Jaca West).

Last year there was some activity on the second section, but the first one has remained idle for some years. I hope you're right and the project change is soon approved.

Bertolt Brecht
Old September 27th, 2016, 01:01 AM   #6417
KRX_69
Amaro

Likes (Received): 4380

s´Arenal - Port d'Alcúdia (15.09.2016)

Ma-19

Ma-20

Ma-13

Luki_SL liked this post
KRX_69 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2016, 01:02 AM   #6418
KRX_69
Amaro

Highway89 liked this post
Old September 27th, 2016, 01:03 AM   #6419
KRX_69
Amaro

Ma-3460

ilyan, Highway89 liked this post
Old September 27th, 2016, 01:23 PM   #6420
VITORIA MAN
on skycrapercity

Likes (Received): 14404

[QUOTE=arctic_carlos;135572966]The new A-14 has already been signposted in its interchange with A-2:

vielha airport ???
VITORIA MAN no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida