daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 5th, 2017, 07:54 PM   #7061
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

You have two pictures, indeed, to post in other neighbour cities signs post. Not often in Spain

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 7th, 2017, 04:48 PM   #7062
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1936

Soon I'll have the rare opportunity to drive all the way to Teruel (if it exists) and as such I'll drive some roads I haven't seen before. In fact I haven't travelled through much of Teruel province yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by verreme View Post
AFAIK they even expropriated the houses and kicked out the people that lived there. Now there's a bunch of empty houses and a road that will never be built. And the bottleneck is still there. There's a word in Spanish for this: chapuza (bodgery).
I think the ultimate chapuza is this :
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2017, 06:02 PM   #7063
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

A-23

I filmed on CNGL's turf, A-23 from Huesca to the Monrepós Tunnel. It's a very scenic stretch of autovía. CNGL is lucky to have such a great motorway close to home, I have to drive 1000 kilometers to get near something like this.

ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2017, 06:23 PM   #7064
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

I got it... it was recorded BEFORE november 2016.

In March 2016 several rocks fallen over a side of motorway and for seven month there was only 1x1 (you can see in the 500m tunnel). After November 2016 that side is again 2x2 (there are still two km without second side, just 1x1).

For tunnels, first one is 2x2 (direction north), second one is 1x1 and another one u/c.

The best sightseeing is atop Monrepos pass. It is free to stop there (there is a non-paved path in one side and you can take it) but you must know where it is the pass and stop because after it it will not be allowed to stop for a while and seeings deserves a stop.

I recommend anyone to have a look because... "we are going to lose those views". This is, it is a "Pyrenees welcome". With the new motorway, that carriageway will be only direction south whilst north will be by a new tunnel.

You will be able to stop, but going to Huesca and for saying goodbye to Pyrenees.

There are works on tunnel, and after mountain pass as you can see in this thread or in Spanish thread.

It is a huge work and not near to our hometowns, therefore, we inform from time to time (or according to newspapers)

Old June 10th, 2017, 07:09 PM   #7065
CNGL
Leudimin

"We are approaching the Pre-Pyrenees, more precisely the Sierra de Guara". Nope, the Guara ridge is further East. The Isuela gorge is located between Aguila (Eagle's) peak and Gratal ridge .
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
Old June 10th, 2017, 07:15 PM   #7066
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

Likes (Received): 3935

A-21

According to people who have reliable information and post in another forum, these are the current completion dates of both sections under construction:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
A21: Santa Cilia – Jaca-West 9.0km (? to >= 2017) – ? – map
Not before summer 2018.

Quote:
A21: Puente la Reina de Jaca – Santa Cilia 7.2km (? to ?) – ? – map
Summer 2019.

And some pictures of both sections, taken in the last weeks:

Ascara interchange:

Santa Cilia interchange:

Puente la Reina interchange:

Source: http://www.nevasport.com/phorum/read...501534,page=98

Bertolt Brecht

simondanut, MichiH, ilyan, Highway89 liked this post
arctic_carlos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2017, 09:06 PM   #7067
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

B-24

Quote:
B24: Vallirana-West – Vallirana-East 2.1km (2005 to January 2018) – projectmap
Pictures of Vallirana bypass, taken on May 19th during an official visit to the construction site. As you can see it's almost entirely built on tunnel. Hopefully it will open early next year.

http://www.vallirana.cat/ca/visita-o...-la-variant-nw

Bertolt Brecht

Highway89, ilyan liked this post
Old June 11th, 2017, 09:43 PM   #7068
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

A-33

Quote:
A33: La Font de la Figuera (A35) – Caudete (A31) 12.5km (? to Summer 2017) – ? – map
Not many news. According to some unofficial information, only the northernmost section (5km, including La Font de la Figuera bypass) will open in the next months, while the southern section, including the interchange with A-31, will be completed later.

However, the new A-35 interchange hasn't been built yet, so traffic will have to use the old one and a 1km section of old N-344 between said interchange and the northern access to La Font de la Figuera (you can see it in the third picture).

The opening of La Font de la Figuera bypass is really needed, since there are often deadly accidents on the current N-344 section through the town. It's a shame it has taken more than 8 years to complete that short section.

Some recent pictures:

http://www.levante-emv.com/comunitat...0/1575063.html

http://www.levante-emv.com/costera/2...~carmen%5E0.32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
Hay foto de la variante de la Font en portada del Levante-EMV. Y noticia en la web al respecto (con errata ortográfica en el titular...):

PP y Cs tumban una inyeción de 40 millones en la variante de la Font
http://www.levante-emv.com/comunitat...0/1575063.html

Creo que dijísteis que el mini-tramo que evita el pueblo sí que abriría pronto. Aunque de la foto no se puede sacar mucho. No entiendo esa megarotonda con la futura autovía a la derecha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saforenc View Post
El que estan fent a la Font de la Figuera no té nom... Segur que si es produïxen més accidents mortals al tram, PP, C's, PNV i NC seguiran dormint igual de tranquils.

És l'entrada nord a la Font de la Figuera, vista des de l'Ermita de Santa Bàrbara.

Foto de farà 2-3 mesos vista cap al sud de la Font:

Bertolt Brecht

MichiH liked this post
Old June 11th, 2017, 10:12 PM   #7069
CNGL
Leudimin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I filmed on CNGL's turf, A-23 from Huesca to the Monrepós Tunnel. It's a very scenic stretch of autovía. CNGL is lucky to have such a great motorway close to home, I have to drive 1000 kilometers to get near something like this.
I prefer to take other roads. Today I reached a milestone: Now I have been to every meter of National road in Zaragoza province, becoming the first province where I have done that. Having been to Teruel as a little child helped (as no sections of A-23 were even U/C back then in the late 90s). Surprisingly I still have two sections missing in my province, both along N-230 in the Eastern part.
Old June 13th, 2017, 06:56 PM   #7070
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Why is Valencia not signed on A-23 until Teruel? It is indicated once on the pavement of the Z-40 / A-23 interchange, but that's it. A-23 wasn't as monotonous as I thought, there are mountain ranges in view all the time. Traffic is very light though, half of it were trucks.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2017, 07:14 PM   #7071
sotonsi

I'm surprised with the relationship of the A-23 and E-7
1) That the E-7 doesn't go to Valencia
2) That the E-7, described as ending in Zaragoza, continues south to Longares (exit 245)
sotonsi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2017, 07:23 PM   #7072
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21241

A23 is rather interesting after it gets out of the plains near Zaragoza.
Old June 13th, 2017, 11:51 PM   #7073
CNGL
Leudimin

Quote:
Why is Valencia not signed on A-23 until Teruel? It is indicated once on the pavement of the Z-40 / A-23 interchange, but that's it. A-23 wasn't as monotonous as I thought, there are mountain ranges in view all the time. Traffic is very light though, half of it were trucks.
That also bugs me, especially considering Zaragoza is signed all the way from Sagunto (or Murviedro as I call it, by its historic name). Next Sunday I'll be driving on A-23 all the way to Teruel, which is to some extent the Spanish equivalent to Bielefeld in that it is said not to exist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotonsi View Post
I'm surprised with the relationship of the A-23 and E-7
1) That the E-7 doesn't go to Valencia
2) That the E-7, described as ending in Zaragoza, continues south to Longares (exit 245)
Even more weird: E07, as it is signed, randomly ends halfway between Muel and Longares: the last kmpost with E07 in it is 251. While A-23 was largely U/C South of Zaragoza, at one point it ended at that spot, called Torrubia. However, officially E07 still ends at Zaragoza (and more precisely at the Santa Isabel cloverleaf).

BTW, I like to deliberately confuse Longares with Longas in the same province (both are Longars in Aragonese), the latter didn't even have a proper road access until a few months ago!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
A23 is rather interesting after it gets out of the plains near Zaragoza.
You haven't seen the really boring section between Calamocha and Teruel. That's why I'm planning to return on N-420 and A-222 this Sunday.
Old June 14th, 2017, 03:01 AM   #7074
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21241

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post

You haven't seen the really boring section between Calamocha and Teruel. That's why I'm planning to return on N-420 and A-222 this Sunday.
I've driven the whole A23 some years ago, actually I started in Torla, drove east to Biescas and the Sabiñanigo, Huesca, Zaragoza, Teruel and arrival at Valencia.

I think A23 to Jaca had not been opened at the time (2012). At that day, I remember well the weather was very windy. I drove the Jaca <=> Zaragoza segment three times in different seasons and years, there has always been strong winds south of the mountains near your hometown.
Old June 14th, 2017, 07:23 PM   #7075
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

It is a weird issue but mostly province capitals are pointed as hubs in crosses and so on. I can find only as exemption in Madrid, A-2 without Guadalajara (province capital) and A-6 without Lugo (also).

Therefore, in Zaragoza they point Teruel and in Valencia... they point Teruel too. They will have some mileage signals to the other cities but Teruel for all.

According to E-07 it is only Zaragoza - Pau and, due to a mistake, first km. southbourn from Zaragoza are pointed too as E-07 but they do not belong to that road.

In addition, A-68, N-232 is pointed as Castellon, more than Alcañiz, when distance via A-23 to Castellon is almost the same and faster due to motorway!!!!!

Old June 14th, 2017, 07:41 PM   #7076
Highway89

Likes (Received): 1182

Quote:
It's due to the "Catálogo de nombres primarios y secundarios", a 1998 rule that indicates the cities that have to be signed along every stretch of road.

Even though many autovías hadn't been built by 1998, they still follow the Catálogo. In this case, only Teruel was signed along the old N-330:

arctic_carlos, ChrisZwolle liked this post
Highway89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2017, 07:55 PM   #7077
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

A-33

Quote:
A33: La Font de la Figuera (A35) – Caudete (A31) 12.5km (? to Summer 2017) – ? – map
My post from 3 days ago is already outdated, because there will be a partial opening of this section next Monday!

As I explained, just the section including La Font de la Figuera bypass will open, as the interchanges with A-31 and A-35 aren't ready. However, it's still a mystery how many km of new motorway will open, either 5 or 8. It will depend on whether they just open up to the southern interchange of the town or also the following 3km of motorway, which seem pretty advanced in aerial footage.

Bertolt Brecht
Old June 14th, 2017, 07:58 PM   #7078
CNGL
Leudimin

So there is a "control city log", I didn't knew about its existence. It also explains why they sign Medinaceli all the way from Calatayud and vice-versa. I feel they are too far apart and a intermediate "control city" should be designated, for example Ariza. That document specifies Zaragoza should be signed all the way from the French border (and therefore from Pau), but that is still to happen.
Old June 14th, 2017, 11:34 PM   #7079
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

True... there is a book but it is old (for roads, not motorways).... and it should point Zaragoza since border when only Huesca is pointed.

Weird cos from Pau only Saragosse is pointed and it dissappear till Huesca (and I remember pointing only Jaca a long time ago)

Old June 15th, 2017, 01:08 AM   #7080
Reivajar

Likes (Received): 3340

A new "control city log" should be created, as well for pointing correctly the cities in Portugal and France. However, keeping any kind of consistency on the Spanish road network is hard because you should get as well the collaboration and agreement of the autonomous communities which control a large part (and many times as well very important) of the road network.
Reivajar no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida