daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 18th, 2017, 08:40 PM   #7301
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

Likes (Received): 3977

That's great news. Works on the A-33 section between Jumilla and Yecla started in December 2014, so that means they're gonna complete the whole 23 km section in just 3 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
A33: Jumilla – Yecla 23.4km (December 2014 to 2018) – ? – map
Opening in late 2017.

What strikes me the most is how other sections of A-33 can receive such a different treatment. Yes, I'm thinking about the 9 years it has taken to complete the bypass of La Font de la Figuera (and we have only witnessed the partial opening of a 12 km section).

It's high time they tendered the construction of the only missing section (Yecla - A-31), so A-33 can definitely become a game changer in road transport between Andalusia, Murcia and Valencia.

Bertolt Brecht

Last edited by arctic_carlos; July 19th, 2017 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Apparently I was thinking in German when I wrote "become" instead of "receive" :lol:
arctic_carlos está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 19th, 2017, 01:08 AM   #7302
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

Today (yesterday, actually) I've played this composite image of two roads on the Spanish edition of Guess the Highway:

The crazy Spanish numbering allows for unique names for every road in the entire country... well, almost. Both roads are A-132 by kmpost 19 in decreasing direction (so apparently the same location)... but the top one is just outside Azazeta towards Vitoria Gasteiz, while the bottom one is near Quinzano towards Huesca.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

Attus liked this post
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2017, 05:01 PM   #7303
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_carlos View Post
That's great news. Works on the A-33 section between Jumilla and Yecla started in December 2014, so that means they're gonna complete the whole 23 km section in just 3 years.

Opening in late 2017.

What strikes me the most is how other sections of A-33 can become such a different treatment. Yes, I'm thinking about the 9 years it has taken to complete the bypass of La Font de la Figuera (and we have only witnessed the partial opening of a 12 km section).

It's high time they tendered the construction of the only missing section (Yecla - A-31), so A-33 can definitely become a game changer in road transport between Andalusia, Murcia and Valencia.
As for La Font de la Figuera bypass, the extremely long construction time is due to a nearby railway project related to it. Fomento can sometimes seem slow to provide financing so construction times can be long. However this is nothing compared to Adif's (Spanish railway authority) approach.

When A-33 is complete, driving to Andalusia will be mostly smooth sailing through empty plains, as opposed to the pain in the back that is now A-7 between Alicante and Murcia. The only problem I see on this to-be dream-like motorway is that I won't be able to keep the car at 120 km/h...

arctic_carlos liked this post
verreme no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2017, 05:05 PM   #7304
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19421

This will help

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

adevahi liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2017, 05:40 PM   #7305
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A-23 Cariñena / Daroca

I filmed a section of A-23 in the Cariñena / Daroca area, across the 925 m high Puerto de Paniza.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Highway89, Stavros86 liked this post
Old July 19th, 2017, 06:49 PM   #7306
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
This will help

I drive a 27-year old car . At least until they ban it (next year in the whole Barcelona metro area). Like it or not, driving is becoming more expensive in all countries.
Old July 19th, 2017, 07:09 PM   #7307
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

The A-23 and A-2 (only 20ish km away there) are pretty similar. At Paniza/La Almunia they pass suddenly from a flat area to hilly area.

The longest brigde is on minute 2:00 and should you have a while (better direction north) you will see former N-330 and how much that brigde improved journeys!!!!!

You will notice that between Cariñena Sur and Daroca there is only one exit.

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2017, 07:28 PM   #7308
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Villarreal de Huerva: Exit 215
Cariñena-Sur: Exit 232

17 kilometers between two exits seems pretty long for an autovía.
Old July 19th, 2017, 07:48 PM   #7309
VITORIA MAN
on skycrapercity

Likes (Received): 14404

not many people live over there , its not holland
VITORIA MAN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2017, 09:37 PM   #7310
CNGL
Leudimin

Quote:
I filmed a section of A-23 in the Cariñena / Daroca area, across the 925 m high Puerto de Paniza.
The Paniza pass, one of my favorite motorway sections. You started filming just after exit 245, which is signed to Longares, one of my favorite towns as I like to confuse it with Longas, another village in Zaragoza province (both are Longars in Aragonese); and Alfamen, arguably the ugliest town in Aragon. Also, the slip road at exit 215 is... not A-2509 , but instead provincial road CV-642. In fact you don't need to use A-2509 to reach either Villarreal de Huerva or Villadoz from the motorway. This is the actual route of A-2509, driven and verified by me in February.
Quote:

I know exit 232 as Paniza . There's another 17 km without an exit not too far away, between Calamocha (exit 185) and Ferreruela de Huerva (exit 202).
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

Last edited by CNGL; July 19th, 2017 at 09:44 PM.
Old July 19th, 2017, 09:41 PM   #7311
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
Originally Posted by VITORIA MAN View Post
not many people live over there , its not holland
That's obvious And that's why I said 'for an autovía. These typically don't have long distances between exits like autopistas, even on the Meseta.

I think AP-2 has the longest distance between exits, but what autovía has the longest distance between exits?
Old July 19th, 2017, 10:05 PM   #7312
CNGL
Leudimin

Between exits 3 (Bujaraloz) and 4 (Fraga). 52 km without an exit. Should AP-2 not exist in the area, A-2 would exist instead, and it would have pretty long stretches without exits: up to 16 km between A-1105 and Bujaraloz, 19 km between Candasnos and Fraga West. Also, it wouldn't be an empty motorway, it would have an AADT not lower than 18,000 vehicles, pretty high for such a desolate section.

But as we know, A-2 doesn't exist between Alfajarin and Fraga, so it doesn't count. Almost any toll free and shadow tolled motorway will have 10 km or less between exits. So A-23 between Calamocha and Ferreruela de Huerva, and between Villadoz and Paniza is almost surely the winner. Further North, between Nueno and Sabiñanigo A-23 will have exits at Arguis, almost at the top of Monrepos pass, at Lanave (three counted houses) and at Hostal de Ipies.
Old July 19th, 2017, 11:47 PM   #7313
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:

There is only one cross to a little village that do not deserve an exit. In fact it wouldn't be difficult to make it because there are sides where road go paralel to motorway and just in case of accident or shut down it can be used to minimize use of road.

Paniza is the last village with wine and grapes in the area. I strongly recommend you to visit in september. Later, no population for a while and about viaduct, just glance curent A-23, former N-330 and... quite former n-330

https://www.google.es/maps/place/504....2109306?hl=es

About AP-2 Fraga-Bujaraloz AFAIK, it is the longest distance in Europe without exits. isn't it?

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2017, 10:03 PM   #7314
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A-222

I was browsing through Aragón again. I noticed A-222, a 90 kilometer north-south route from El Burgo de Ebro to Montalbán. I wonder why they built such a high-standard road, all but one village along the route have a population under 1,000 (some around 100 people). It bypasses all but one village and it seems to be a 100 km/h kind of road. It's a very sparsely populated area. In France or Portugal you'll surely won't get a road as good as this.

Old July 23rd, 2017, 12:28 AM   #7315
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Andalusia

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anexo:...Andaluc%C3%ADa

There were quite a number of carreteras nacionales in Andalusia that have been transferred to the Junta de Andalucía. When did this happen? In 2001?

I tried to find it but I couldn't find any news article or government release that covers it. The Ley 8/2001 de 12 de julio defines the Red de carreteras de Andalucía (network of roads of Andalusia). So I think it may have been at that point? I found some older news articles from the 1990s referring to the N-numbers that are now defunct.
Old July 23rd, 2017, 07:58 PM   #7316
CNGL
Leudimin

Quote:
I was browsing through Aragón again. I noticed A-222, a 90 kilometer north-south route from El Burgo de Ebro to Montalbán. I wonder why they built such a high-standard road, all but one village along the route have a population under 1,000 (some around 100 people). It bypasses all but one village and it seems to be a 100 km/h kind of road. It's a very sparsely populated area. In France or Portugal you'll surely won't get a road as good as this.
I got to drive all of it northbound in June. Even though there's only one true town crossing (Lecera) there's another point where the speed limit drops to 50 km/h, just outside Belchite (which also happens to be the only town with a population over 1,000 on the way). I stopped at the village on the third picture, La Hoz de la Vieja (Which can be translated to "the old woman's canyon" ) and its nice surroundings. Other features along the road are a 16.3 km long straight North of Belchite, the second longest of Aragon (behind that of A-127 Northwest of Ejea de los Caballeros) and which ends at the aforementioned 50 km/h speed limit section; a 24 km long section without populated places between Lecera and Muniesa; and the other Aragonese Corts (Aragon's regional parliament): Cortes de Aragon, a 63 inhabitant village in the Mining Basins comarca in Teruel .
Old July 23rd, 2017, 08:44 PM   #7317
Highway89

Likes (Received): 1192

Quote:
https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anexo:...Andaluc%C3%ADa

There were quite a number of carreteras nacionales in Andalusia that have been transferred to the Junta de Andalucía. When did this happen? In 2001?

I tried to find it but I couldn't find any news article or government release that covers it. The Ley 8/2001 de 12 de julio defines the Red de carreteras de Andalucía (network of roads of Andalusia). So I think it may have been at that point? I found some older news articles from the 1990s referring to the N-numbers that are now defunct.
1984: http://boe.es/buscar/doc.php?id=BOE-A-1984-11053

There's a list of the transferred roads in the PDF version, but it's almost impossible to read.

Here's a list of all the laws of devolution. You can select an autonomous community and search for the keyword "carreteras": http://www.seat.mpr.gob.es/portal/ar...traspasos.html

ChrisZwolle liked this post
Highway89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2017, 08:52 PM   #7318
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I assume the renumbering did not come into force until 2001?
Old July 23rd, 2017, 09:16 PM   #7319
Boltzman
S = k ln Ω

The renumbering was implemented over the years or when the roads were upgraded, as is the case of the new A-92. In 1992 this motorway was already running from Seville to Baza, and it was signaled as A-92 from the very first moment.

Probably it was just made legal in 2001 only.
Boltzman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2017, 09:40 PM   #7320
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

Likes (Received): 3977

Regarding A-92, it's interesting that until the section between Guadix and Almería opened, what's currently called A-92N (Guadix - Baza - Murcia regional boundary) was numbered A-92.

However, the continuation of A-92N, the short A-91 (in Murcia) remained as N-342 until Fomento changed its numbering system in 2004.

Bertolt Brecht
arctic_carlos está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida