daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 9th, 2017, 09:17 PM   #7401
Highway89

Likes (Received): 1180

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Exit 000 on CG-2.1 near Monforte de Lemos in Galicia:

LOL. Probably the sign design software they used has "000" as the default exit number and whoever made it didn't even bother to change or delete it.

RE control "cities", there seems to be quite a number of tiny villages that are widely known just because they're located next to an important interchange/intersection or mountain pass. I mean, I don't remember having ever driven on the A-3 but I knew Atalaya del Cañavate existed. Probably because I must have heard the name in some traffic reports. Just like Ocaña, Venta de Baños, Cabañas de Virtus, Altube, Belate...

arctic_carlos liked this post
Highway89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 9th, 2017, 09:36 PM   #7402
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

Likes (Received): 3905

C-37, Catalonia

The Catalan regional government plans to complete in 2022 the connection between C-37 and A-26 in Olot. Currently traffic going from C-37 (Bracons tunnel) to A-26 must cross the towns of Les Preses and Olot, which causes congestion.

The project involves the construction of 9 km of new road, 5 km of which will have motorway standards (Olot bypass), including a 2.5 km tunnel. The rest of the project will be a conventional road, due to the opposition (or better said, nimbysm) of people living in the area.

Works will be tendered in autumn 2018 and construction of the northern section (Olot bypass) will start in 2019. Construction of the second section (Les Preses bypass) will start in 2020. Both sections are expected to open at once in 2022.

The project will have a total cost of €220 M, of which €46 M will be paid by the Spanish government (the section connecting with A-26).

Source: http://www.naciodigital.cat/garrotxa...ectiu/any/2022

Map of the project (N-260 east of Olot is actually A-26):

Bertolt Brecht

Highway89, ChrisZwolle, MichiH liked this post
arctic_carlos está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2017, 09:39 PM   #7403
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway89 View Post
LOL. Probably the sign design software they used has "000" as the default exit number and whoever made it didn't even bother to change or delete it.

RE control "cities", there seems to be quite a number of tiny villages that are widely known just because they're located next to an important interchange/intersection or mountain pass. I mean, I don't remember having ever driven on the A-3 but I knew Atalaya del Cañavate existed. Probably because I must have heard the name in some traffic reports. Just like Ocaña, Venta de Baños, Cabañas de Virtus, Altube, Belate...
Exactly, when traffic jams on A-31 are reported on the radio, they always say "direction Atalaya del Cañavate", even though most people have no idea where this tiny village is located. In my opinion it would make more sense to say "direction Madrid", but it's not a control city on that motorway...

Bertolt Brecht
Old August 9th, 2017, 11:58 PM   #7404
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

About traffic jams it has a lot of sense to say "jams after Atalaya del Cañavate" or so because it is where several motorways joins and traffic can be doubled since there. All motorways can have a different situation before and after that little village

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2017, 01:09 AM   #7405
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

I wasn't talking about traffic jams at that junction or near that junction.

What I was saying is that for reporting any traffic jam on any point of A-31 (which is 240 km long), they use that little village as a reference point. Example: there is congestion for northbound traffic in Villena (190 km from Atalaya del Cañavate). They report on the radio that there is congestion in Villena for traffic in direction Atalaya del Cañavate. That doesn't make sense at all. They should use Albacete or even Madrid as reference points instead.

Bertolt Brecht
Old August 10th, 2017, 01:42 AM   #7406
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

A-60

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
A60: Puente Villarente – Santas Martas-South 20km (? to October 2018) – ? – map
Works are advancing at a very good pace:

The controversial viaduct above the archaeological remains of the Roman settlement of Lancia is also starting to take shape:

Source: http://www.diariodeleon.es/noticias/...a_1179842.html

Bertolt Brecht
Old August 10th, 2017, 06:10 AM   #7407
gincan
Gincan

Likes (Received): 183

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_carlos View Post
The Catalan regional government plans to complete in 2022 the connection between C-37 and A-26 in Olot. Currently traffic going from C-37 (Bracons tunnel) to A-26 must cross the towns of Les Preses and Olot, which causes congestion.

The project involves the construction of 9 km of new road, 5 km of which will have motorway standards (Olot bypass), including a 2.5 km tunnel. The rest of the project will be a conventional road, due to the opposition (or better said, nimbysm) of people living in the area.

I guess the nimbys forced through the tunnel? Because right next to it there is flat farmland, much cheaper to build through. The tunnel i feel is a huge waste of public funds, it doesn't make any sense at all
gincan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2017, 11:09 AM   #7408
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1931

Quote:
And C-26 West (North) of Olot is now N-260 . As C-26 is a better road between Olot and Ripoll Fomento took it and realigned N-260 there.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2017, 09:28 PM   #7409
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

V-23

A couple of photos of V-23 between Sagunto and Puçol. It is hugely oversized with six lanes for only 17,000 vehicles per day.

V-23-1 by European Roads, on Flickr

V-23-2 by European Roads, on Flickr

V-23-3 by European Roads, on Flickr

V-23-4 by European Roads, on Flickr

V-23-5 by European Roads, on Flickr

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Highway89 liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2017, 10:13 PM   #7410
CNGL
Leudimin

Quote:
A couple of photos of V-23 between Sagunto and Puçol. It is hugely oversized with six lanes for only 17,000 vehicles per day.
Seriously, I'd make this section part of A-23 itself, which starts where V-23 makes a right angle turn. I'd then make A-23 start in Valencia proper over V-21, so I'd have only one number from my hometown all the way to Valencia .
Quote:
V-23-1 by European Roads, on Flickr
Notice this sign has Puçol written in Spanish (Puzol). It's also a "wrong" translation, the correct one being "Pozuel" or "Pozuelo". I decided to call it by the former. I also refuse to call Sagunto by this name, instead I use its historical name Murviedro as it was called until 1868, and the Aragonese Wikipedia (yes, there is one!) still names it this way.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
Old August 10th, 2017, 10:26 PM   #7411
ChrisZwolle
Road user

You must have difficult conversations with all those 'alternate definitions' or 'alternate names' you use
Old August 10th, 2017, 10:49 PM   #7412
CNGL
Leudimin

Blame Aragonese Wikipedia for those and a few other towns, mainly in Aragon (obviously) . I use literal translations for several, including deliberately confunsing two towns which have different names in Spanish (Longares and Longas) but the same one in Aragonese (Longars); and I even use the Aragonese names for several towns where the language is still spoken: Echo for Hecho (which doesn't affect pronounciation, and no echo occurs anyway), L'Ainsa for Ainsa, and Chisten for Gistain.
Old August 10th, 2017, 11:05 PM   #7413
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

Quote:

Works will be tendered in autumn 2018 and construction of the northern section (Olot bypass) will start in 2019. Construction of the second section (Les Preses bypass) will start in 2020. Both sections are expected to open at once in 2022.

The project will have a total cost of €220 M, of which €46 M will be paid by the Spanish government (the section connecting with A-26).

Source: http://www.naciodigital.cat/garrotxa...ectiu/any/2022

This will be the first major motorway project backed by Generalitat de Catalunya (Catalan regional Government) to start in 7 years (C-25 started construction in 2011). There are many others waiting the green light but budget cuts have sent them all to the shelf.
Old August 10th, 2017, 11:33 PM   #7414
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
You must have difficult conversations with all those 'alternate definitions' or 'alternate names' you use

Hi Chris.... being a mod from the same region he comes from, honestly, before or later you catch all "alternatives", but sometimes not easy.

Old August 11th, 2017, 02:11 PM   #7415
CNGL
Leudimin

Here's a video showing the current (last week's, actually) status of the works of Caldearenas-Lanave section of A-23, published by the builders:
Old August 11th, 2017, 02:15 PM   #7416
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

It appears one side of a tunnel. Which is it?

Old August 11th, 2017, 03:58 PM   #7417
ChrisZwolle
Road user

CV-15 Puerto de Ares

I made a video of a circa 22 kilometer section of CV-15 in the Maestrazgo, across the Puerto de Ares. It's a remote but scenic area.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

solchante, arctic_carlos liked this post
Old August 13th, 2017, 07:52 PM   #7418
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

CV-50

I've just found out another abandoned motorway project in Spain (similar to MP-203 or CM-41).

It's a 3 km section of CV-50 between Benaguasil and Vilamarxant, some 25 km west of Valencia. CV-50, which already exists as a conventional road, was supposed to be upgraded to motorway standards between Benissanó and Cheste, thus connecting CV-35 with A-3. Only the section between Benissanó (CV-35) and Benaguasil was completed.

According to Google Earth aerial footage, construction has been suspended since at least 2009. The project is not going to be resumed anytime soon (source: http://www.levante-emv.com/comunitat...0/1583627.html).

Map: https://www.google.com/maps/@39.5942...!3m1!1e3?hl=de

Bertolt Brecht

verreme liked this post

Last edited by arctic_carlos; August 13th, 2017 at 10:25 PM.
Old August 14th, 2017, 11:45 AM   #7419
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

A-21

Quote:
A21: Santa Cilia – Jaca-West 9.0km (? to October 2018) – ? – map
An update from last month:

More pictures can be found here: http://www.nevasport.com/phorum/read...42#msg-3801342

Bertolt Brecht

Highway89 liked this post
Old August 14th, 2017, 11:51 AM   #7420
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

A-23

Quote:
A23: Lanave – Caldearenas 12km (< 2009 to Spring 2018) – ? – map
A23: Caldearenas – Alto de Monrepos 3.9km (< 2009 to May 2019) – ? – map
Works in the Monrepós pass are also advancing at a very good pace. Pictures from last month:

More pictures can be found here: http://lasfotosdebeatrizbm.blogspot....s-julio17.html

Bertolt Brecht

ChrisZwolle, Highway89 liked this post

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida